"Hoodiest" white neighborhood

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

"Hoodiest" white neighborhood

Unread post by Silencioso » April 13th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Which white/European majority neighborhood in the US comes closest to a poor Black or Latino neighborhood in terms of poverty, crime etc. My vote is Kensington, Philadelphia. It's a traditional Irish working class neighborhood in North Philly with a huge poverty rate. Runners up would be South Boston (Irish), Brighton Beach NY (Russians), Bensonhurst NY (Italians, Albanians, Russians).

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: "Hoodiest" white neighborhood

Unread post by Sentenza » April 13th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Since you posted this Thread twice would you mind if we use this for the most run down white neighbourhoods worldwide?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 14th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Sure, but I'd like to get some responses to the original question.

I've heard the most dangerous cities in Western Europe are Glasgow, Scotland (because of the street gang culture) and Naples, Italy (because of the Camorra). Both cities are also economically depressed. Interestingly, both cities are almost entirely populated by local "white" people - no significant immigrant communities.

With Eastern Europe, I guess there would be a lot of choices. Moscow maybe? Depressed economy, political instability, mafia type crime. Maybe some city in the Balkans.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2010, 6:05 am

Silencioso wrote:Sure, but I'd like to get some responses to the original question.

I've heard the most dangerous cities in Western Europe are Glasgow, Scotland (because of the street gang culture) and Naples, Italy (because of the Camorra). Both cities are also economically depressed. Interestingly, both cities are almost entirely populated by local "white" people - no significant immigrant communities.

With Eastern Europe, I guess there would be a lot of choices. Moscow maybe? Depressed economy, political instability, mafia type crime. Maybe some city in the Balkans.
Yea, i dont know much about Glasgow, but Naples for sure. Palermo is pretty dirty too, but crime has decreased a lot there, since the government went hard against the mafia.

concerning the murder rate moscow is most dangerous by far. Its even more dangerous then many american cities and Russia has a higher murder rate then the USA. Its somewhere in the top 5 worldwide.

Death by Murder
http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/murder.html#world

Russian murder rate among world's worst
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 86129.html

It has a lot to do with alcohol abuse, since it is epidemic in Russia.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 26th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Palestinians and Israelis have pretty rough lives.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » April 27th, 2010, 11:32 pm

In the states Ive heard alot about -South Bostons Irish neighborhood,they actually have projects their with nothing but poor white trash. The people are known for being extremely racialcentric and rough and tumble during integration they would firebomb school buses who were shipping blacks in from other parts of the city. Since youve held that italians are white I would say Bensonhurst and Staten Island -these places are home to the mafia and some of the only white gangs left in America outside the KKK and other white pride groups. Ive seen documentarys of some towns in the south that would blow your socks off...no running water and electricity. Mostly in the black communitys but I am sure the whites arent left far behind. Still in my book Southy Boston is the most notorious white hood in America.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 28th, 2010, 1:04 am

What about Ohio? I don't know if it's as ghetto as this 1 old film I saw based in OH, but the place was a straight dumb w/a bunch of whites.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 28th, 2010, 1:08 am

"dump"*

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » April 28th, 2010, 11:04 am

This article on Glasgow is a few years old but covers a few of the issues still relevant
today. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/apr/1 ... ornamartin

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » April 28th, 2010, 11:54 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:What about Ohio? I don't know if it's as ghetto as this 1 old film I saw based in OH, but the place was a straight dumb w/a bunch of whites.
Are you talking about a weird ass movie called Gummo? I think that was southern Ohio where you have a large Southern/Appalachian element.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » May 7th, 2010, 11:09 am

If you are talking Shear Poverty, I would lean more towards some of these coutry type towns. Thier is a suburb of dallas thats still in Dallas City Limits called Kleberg, that has whole neigborhoods of Trailer parks, which have mainly white people. Im talking NASTY! Raw sewage leaking everywhere, people still living in trailers that have burned or blown up, trees growing out of abonded cars. I'm sure there are places like this all over america.

bodx
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Edmonton

Unread post by bodx » September 14th, 2010, 2:33 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:What about Ohio? I don't know if it's as ghetto as this 1 old film I saw based in OH, but the place was a straight dumb w/a bunch of whites.
I was in Cleveland, OH in Euclid and I noticed that though it was run down I wouldn't compare it with the likes of San Bernardino or the equivalent shithole neighborhoods of Glasgow, Scotland.

One big diference was this: I saw a car sitting alone on a parking lot by itself with a "for sale" sign for the entire two weeks I was there. In Glasgow, the kids would strip a car that's left lying for more than 2 days. No word of a lie.

l3awjawz
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Glasgow

Unread post by l3awjawz » May 1st, 2012, 4:23 pm

Does any large city in America have white gang-infested 'hoodz? They all seem to be predominately African-American, Hispanic, or some other minority in the US. I gather some of the redneck towns can be rough, but I've never been aware of a gang culture as such in all white areas or white gang V white gang warfare. Am I wrong about that? :-/

itaintsafe
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Dont worry bout it

Unread post by itaintsafe » August 9th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Im sure theres a lot of white "hoods" in the east coast where theres irish and eastern european immigrants. Doesnt the west coast have armenian 'hoods'? (If youd consider them white, I think theyre a lil mixed with middle eastern) I know they got armenian power and the sureno armenian gangs. Or are they just armenians in the barrio?

But from experience Id say a lot of places in the south/country got the most guttah white ppl. In MS theres them meth cooking white boys who gang bang (All white latin kings, simon city royals). And I know theres a lot of places down south with ALL white GD sets. I kno fasho its white GD sets in VA but its mainly a 'prison gang' there (just look at that fag brian silva the "GRA-TA-TA" vine guy, hes a white GD from VA who got put on disciples in prison or juvenile for hitting his principal or some dumb white boy shit even tho he aint been to the hood a day in his life)

butcherbill350
If in the United States: West Virginia
What city do you live in now?: Martinsburg

Unread post by butcherbill350 » September 23rd, 2015, 3:25 pm

Aren't Southie and Bensonhurst pretty gentrified these days though ? Anyways I know for a fact that the Armistead Gardens section of Baltimore is mostly made up of poor whites , but I don't think it has any gang activity . I've also heard that certain parts of Pittsburgh and Columbus have ghetto white neighborhoods , but I haven't seen them so I can't clarify .

Mufc2099
What city do you live in now?: Anehiem

Unread post by Mufc2099 » March 1st, 2018, 10:34 am

Place called okieville in east stockton is a poor white hood. Lotta gangs there of all races though.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 6th, 2018, 11:49 pm

probably in Detroit.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 20th, 2018, 10:27 pm

What was the hoodest White area in the L.A. area? Probably doesn't exist anymore but maybe there were some between the 70's-90's. There were probably many before then though when the city was more White.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » August 13th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Silencioso wrote:Which white/European majority neighborhood in the US comes closest to a poor Black or Latino neighborhood in terms of poverty, crime etc. My vote is Kensington, Philadelphia. It's a traditional Irish working class neighborhood in North Philly with a huge poverty rate. Runners up would be South Boston (Irish), Brighton Beach NY (Russians), Bensonhurst NY (Italians, Albanians, Russians).
Bensonhurst is and was never a bad Italian area ,it was only a place where Blacks weren't allowed to go because it was full of Italians.

But Kennsington Philly is a white hood. Doesn't Venice,Hollywood,and parts of Santa Monica had white supremacist gangs.
Some parts of the South have gangsta acting white boys.

Muslim32
If in the United States: Maryland
What city do you live in now?: Derwood

Unread post by Muslim32 » October 11th, 2018, 6:20 pm

I would say south Baltimore and look up the gang DMI dead man incorporated

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » October 17th, 2018, 12:33 pm

l3awjawz wrote:Does any large city in America have white gang-infested 'hoodz? They all seem to be predominately African-American, Hispanic, or some other minority in the US. I gather some of the redneck towns can be rough, but I've never been aware of a gang culture as such in all white areas or white gang V white gang warfare. Am I wrong about that? :-/
White gang neighborhoods in major US cities seemed to have died out in the early 1980’s. I know Hell’s Kitchen in NYC got its name & reputation from being a violent White neighborhood... and the Irish gang there lasted until the early 80’s. On the opposite coast, Venice in LA had a White gang called the Venice Hoodlums in the 70’s, and they faded away by the early 80’s.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 24th, 2018, 3:37 pm

TheAngels wrote:
l3awjawz wrote:Does any large city in America have white gang-infested 'hoodz? They all seem to be predominately African-American, Hispanic, or some other minority in the US. I gather some of the redneck towns can be rough, but I've never been aware of a gang culture as such in all white areas or white gang V white gang warfare. Am I wrong about that? :-/
White gang neighborhoods in major US cities seemed to have died out in the early 1980’s. I know Hell’s Kitchen in NYC got its name & reputation from being a violent White neighborhood... and the Irish gang there lasted until the early 80’s. On the opposite coast, Venice in LA had a White gang called the Venice Hoodlums in the 70’s, and they faded away by the early 80’s.
Yeah in Southern Cali white gangs have died out. I've heard about LADS. LA Death Squad. They were like a punker gang. Theres also LMP. LA Mirada Punks. Nazi Lowriders and PENI

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » November 13th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Coming from the Inland Empire area, I’ve always heard this was somewhat of a hotspot for white gangs and peckerwoods, although my personal experiences with them are minimal, I still remember there being some white gang activity in the 1990’s up until at least 2009 ish. Back in the day Fontana Ca had a reputation for white gangs and white power groups. Even further back it was a city with real a KKK presence. But after the KKK dismantled there were still white groups. I found a 1970’s article in the SB sun newspaper where the city officials and lawmakers were discussing what to do about “White Power” graffiti and Hispanic North and South Fontana gang writting too.

By the time I was growing up in the 1990’s there was still Peckerwood groups in the actual trailer parks, and there was a gang called Fontana Boys Gang which was all White, although they were never a racist group(as far as I could tell) as many hung out with Blacks and Mexicans at school, and they seemed very much influenced by hip hop culture. They had a territory and beefed with nearby gangs like any other. I’d say they died out probably around 2010 or so.

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » January 25th, 2019, 12:27 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Coming from the Inland Empire area, I’ve always heard this was somewhat of a hotspot for white gangs and peckerwoods, although my personal experiences with them are minimal, I still remember there being some white gang activity in the 1990’s up until at least 2009 ish. Back in the day Fontana Ca had a reputation for white gangs and white power groups. Even further back it was a city with real a KKK presence. But after the KKK dismantled there were still white groups. I found a 1970’s article in the SB sun newspaper where the city officials and lawmakers were discussing what to do about “White Power” graffiti and Hispanic North and South Fontana gang writting too.

By the time I was growing up in the 1990’s there was still Peckerwood groups in the actual trailer parks, and there was a gang called Fontana Boys Gang which was all White, although they were never a racist group(as far as I could tell) as many hung out with Blacks and Mexicans at school, and they seemed very much influenced by hip hop culture. They had a territory and beefed with nearby gangs like any other. I’d say they died out probably around 2010 or so.
The High Desert Area a weird place 2, some places you have white racist gangs or bikers. And in some places you have Crip and Blood Gangs filled with nothing but whites lmfao even most of the Mexican sets out there have a bunch of white boys