Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » March 5th, 2011, 6:46 am

Are there still black and hispanic neighborhoods that get along, or at the very least are peacefully co-existing with each other?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » March 17th, 2011, 8:14 pm

there are many.

- ATC & Harlem
- Rollin 20s Blood & Harpys
- Rollin 20s Blood & Drifters 23rd
- Rollin 30s & 18th Street
- Rollin 40s Darcside and the Street Villains dont appear to be beefing
- Rollin 60s & Florence (i may be wrong on this)

and many more

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » March 17th, 2011, 9:25 pm

I don't understand how some neighborhoods such as Florencia 13 can claim to be racist..yet get along with certain black hoods. They war with ECC but they peacefully coexist with a blood hood, forgot which one it was..how does that other blood hood tolerate Florencia when they are so overtly racist?

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 755
Joined: December 28th, 2007, 5:57 pm
Location: ES Compton Parkside

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby H572DSTA » March 18th, 2011, 6:26 am

crm wrote:I don't understand how some neighborhoods such as Florencia 13 can claim to be racist..yet get along with certain black hoods. They war with ECC but they peacefully coexist with a blood hood, forgot which one it was..how does that other blood hood tolerate Florencia when they are so overtly racist?


people call em racist because they short minded

whenever a black vs mexican gang is beefin its no gang war..itz a race war

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » March 20th, 2011, 10:16 am

There seem to be two opposing messages on this board. One side says there is no race war. There may be a little bit of a rcacial component to some incidents but those are few and far between. If a black gang is fighting a hispanic gang its strictly a gang war but nothing else. The other side says that there is an ongoing race war out there. Blacks and even asians are targeted, even if they do not bang. It is a source of pride among hispanic gangs to see who is the most racist and targets the most blacks. So which is it? It seems as if it falls down the middle. There are some undeniable racial incidents in which a person is targeted simply because of their race, but it is not a full scale race war. If it were a full scale race war then every major hispanic neighborhood would be at war with every major black hood, and that is not the case. There are still neighborhoods of both races that get along with each other. Also, the vast majority of wars are still between hoods of the same race. I remember another poster that said that many of the beefs start as gang beefs but then the racial component comes in as a way to fuck with the enemy and get in their head..kind of like when two sports teams go at it and the opposing team talks shit to get into one teams head and have a psychological advantage over them.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » March 20th, 2011, 10:19 am

But looking at the other side of the coin, if these racial incidents were carried out by a bunch of white guys, then there'd be no doubt that it was racially motivated. I read that in one of the incidents an old black man was targeted by a hispanic banger. Was that not racially motivated? If a skinhead killed an older black man there'd be no doubt in anybodies mind that it was racially motivated but if a hispanic banger does it, there's doubt? Why is that?

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 49
Joined: October 15th, 2008, 6:20 am
Country: France
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Paris, France

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby Yohann » April 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm

Fruit Town Pirus and Locos 13 in Compton. They share the same neighborhood and get along very well.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » April 8th, 2011, 8:15 pm

crm wrote:I don't understand how some neighborhoods such as Florencia 13 can claim to be racist..yet get along with certain black hoods. They war with ECC but they peacefully coexist with a blood hood, forgot which one it was..how does that other blood hood tolerate Florencia when they are so overtly racist?


I dont think anyone from Florence is saying that they are racist. That is the media. The Bishop Bloods and Florence share turf and are not beefing so it is not a race think

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » April 8th, 2011, 8:17 pm

crm wrote:There seem to be two opposing messages on this board. One side says there is no race war. There may be a little bit of a rcacial component to some incidents but those are few and far between. If a black gang is fighting a hispanic gang its strictly a gang war but nothing else. The other side says that there is an ongoing race war out there. Blacks and even asians are targeted, even if they do not bang. It is a source of pride among hispanic gangs to see who is the most racist and targets the most blacks. So which is it? It seems as if it falls down the middle. There are some undeniable racial incidents in which a person is targeted simply because of their race, but it is not a full scale race war. If it were a full scale race war then every major hispanic neighborhood would be at war with every major black hood, and that is not the case. There are still neighborhoods of both races that get along with each other. Also, the vast majority of wars are still between hoods of the same race. I remember another poster that said that many of the beefs start as gang beefs but then the racial component comes in as a way to fu-- with the enemy and get in their head..kind of like when two sports teams go at it and the opposing team talks shit to get into one teams head and have a psychological advantage over them.


which incident is undeniably racist?

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » April 10th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Wasn't there an incident where a black janitor was killed?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » April 14th, 2011, 8:38 pm

crm wrote:Wasn't there an incident where a black janitor was killed?


I am not aware of it, and even if a black janitor was killed, just that fact alone does not make the incident racisit. Did they think the black janitor was a crip? Did the janitor say something? was there an argument? If so, what was that argument about? etc.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » April 14th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Black & Hispanic gangs that get along con't
- 52 Broadway Gangster Crip / 55 Bunch
- 52 Broadway Gangster Crip / BMS
- Pueblo Bloods / BMS
- Black P Stone - City / Easy Riders

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 360
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby advocate » April 15th, 2011, 12:42 am

I remember like 2 or 3 years ago I seen a few Pueblo hit-ups & they were wacking out BMS on their enemy list....don't know if they were beefin for a minute or not but I do remember seeing a couple of those tags. Not sure if thats a real beef goin on or noth though. As far as other hoods that aint beefin:

-Venice 13/Venice Shoreline Crips
-Pacoima Pirus/Pacoima Van Nuys Boys (I think Pierce Boyz too)
-18St & Hoovers-my homie who used to be from 18 said they were cool w/ HCG

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » April 23rd, 2011, 4:39 am

Ah, so then this whole race war thing is blown out of proportion in your opinion? Makes sense to me but at the same time, what about all the NK graffiti? That seems racist to me. They are using the N word..thats offensive to all blacks not just crips or bloods.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 537
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby femun » April 23rd, 2011, 10:13 pm

Where is all this NK graffiti at cuz I've never seen it.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » April 23rd, 2011, 11:47 pm

I caught that on tv..around the time when that young girl was killed by the 204 st..Alonso was walking around pointing out the NK graffiti in the general vicinity of the area and even around the murder scene.

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 360
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby advocate » April 24th, 2011, 12:45 am

I've only seen 2 hoods strike up NK before-CV Tortilla Flats & I once saw CV70 hit it up (even though i heard they had blacks from their hood). I've seen a couple different hispanic & black hoods hit up racial stuff in their tags but it may have just been to get under the skin of their enemies.

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 49
Joined: October 15th, 2008, 6:20 am
Country: France
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Paris, France

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby Yohann » April 24th, 2011, 8:24 am

[quote="advocate"]I've only seen 2 hoods strike up NK before-CV Tortilla Flats & I once saw CV70 hit it up (even though i heard they had blacks from their hood). I've seen a couple different hispanic & black hoods hit up racial stuff in their tags but it may have just been to get under the skin of their enemies.[/quote]

Yeah CV70 has some Blacks, but they're at least in their late 30's. There are no blacks anymore among the youngsters. But this NK thing is very marginal. I know some youngsters from 70 who don't care about race, they don't hate Blacks, but as usual it only takes one or two idiots to give the impression that a whole gang is racist.

As for Compton, I also saw one NK graffiti in the CV3 turf, in 2009, and nothing ever since.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » April 24th, 2011, 3:56 pm

The only NK i have ever seen were by:
- 18th Street Alsace click only
- Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats
- East Side 13
- Avenues
- Florencia

Remember, that these sentiments should not be considered a reflection of the entire gang, but to those individuals that write them. it is certainly not a wide spread sentiment.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby xxx » April 24th, 2011, 4:43 pm

NK was a hot trend for a minute among some ESE/Chicano gangs. A lot of these dudes felt they had to ride that wave to get respect and acknodgement in the Sureno Community. It was a big deal to take on a Black Gang you got stripes. And if you didnt have a Black Gang in Striking distance, any Black Civilain would do.

You might be able to label the 2000-2009 the Racial Era, for the most park.

This trend lost steam.

i give the lose a couple of factors.

Time, Law Enforcement Rico Acts, fools breaking ranks, eses maturing and opening their eyes to Prison politics on how it was a tactic in war and how they got manipulated with this tactic, etc....

More Black & Chicano gangs are Neutral or Cool with eachother then at War.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » April 25th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Weren't there NK tags by 204st hood after that young girl was killed?

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » April 26th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I don't get it though..so it's only some members of the gang? Wouldn't it make sense that the more ranking members would approve/condone that behavior though? They certainly don't disapprove. If they did they wouldn't allow it.

Jmedina239
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: May 11th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Canada

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby Jmedina239 » June 23rd, 2011, 7:36 pm

INGLEWOOD 13/ IFG x CPF

WS/SC 18ST/52x50x74x83 HOOVA

FLORENCIA 13 LS/ R 60'S

FLORENCIA 13 LS,MDS/62 BRIM/ HPB

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby xxx » June 24th, 2011, 10:10 am

There are more black and Mexican gangs that get along then don't get along

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » June 28th, 2011, 12:09 am

It seems that most black gangs and Hispanic gangs fight..but it doesn't always seem to be racial. They just fight because there are so many gangs out there in close proximity to each other..this creates tension..same reason why there is much more fighting between groups of the same ethnicity/race..they are all near each other.when you bunch people up there's bound to be some hostility..

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 537
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby femun » June 29th, 2011, 8:32 pm

crm wrote:It seems that most black gangs and Hispanic gangs fight..

It only seems that way to outsiders who get all their info from mainstream media. The FACT is MOST black and hispanic gangs don't fight each other.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 172
Joined: July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami
Location: Miami

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby crm » June 29th, 2011, 10:36 pm

You misunderstood what I wrote. I meant that most of them fight because most gangs fight period. Even if there weren't racial conflicts they would still fight. Just like most hispanic gangs fight each other and most black gangs fight each other..why would hispanic and black gangs be any different with each other? They fight each other like anybody else would..for territory and dominance..same with hispanic on hispanic and black on black.

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 49
Joined: October 15th, 2008, 6:20 am
Country: France
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Paris, France

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby Yohann » July 1st, 2011, 12:05 pm

[quote="crm"]You misunderstood what I wrote. I meant that most of them fight because most gangs fight period. Even if there weren't racial conflicts they would still fight. Just like most hispanic gangs fight each other and most black gangs fight each other..why would hispanic and black gangs be any different with each other? They fight each other like anybody else would..for territory and dominance..same with hispanic on hispanic and black on black.[/quote]

Exactly! the fact that there are inter-racial conflicts between black and latino gangs (not based on race, but just Black and Latino gangs fighting each other as gangs do) is completely normal to me, especially in South Central, Compton and in other cities where Blacks and Latinos live in the same areas. But the thing that I don't understand is: why from the 1950's to the late 1980's/early 1990's did Black and Latino gang almost ignore each other as if they were playing in 2 different leagues? Blacks mostly beefed with other Blacks, and Latinos with other Latinos, even if there were Black and Latino gang in the same neighborhood (Florencia/Slausons for example...). To me, the fact that they didn't beef with each other at the time is really abnormal.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » July 1st, 2011, 1:18 pm

The reason why Black and Mexicans rarely if ever beefed before in the past are a few reasons,

1 When the numbers favored blacks gangs, Mexicans would never dare try to start conflict, knowing that they would loose because of numbers. Whats ironic, is that Blacks in most instances never took advantage of Mexican gangs even though they had the advantage.

2. When the numbers began to become even, during the 1980s, late 80s, roughly the same number of Blacks & Hispanic gang members in South LA, Compton, Lynwood, Watts (always had alot of Mexicans) the South Bay, the same as I stated above was true. Blacks didnt seem bothered by Mexicans, and Mexicans did not want to beef with Blacks.

3. Now since 1993 and through out the 1990s, when demographics began to favor Mexicans, the landscape slowly began to change in a few areas, Venice, Pomona, Compton, West Adams, etc. Now that Mexicans are the majority population in many neighborhoods, they now have taken advantage of those numbers and have some confidence in engaging in conflict with Blacks.

Overall, black gang members are far more violent than Mexicans (and thats an entire different debate), the statistics bear this out, so I believe you didnt see Mexicans threatening blacks until the number favored them, and a little encouragement from La Eme helps too.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8517
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby alexalonso » July 1st, 2011, 1:19 pm

femun wrote:
crm wrote:It seems that most black gangs and Hispanic gangs fight..

It only seems that way to outsiders who get all their info from mainstream media. The FACT is MOST black and hispanic gangs don't fight each other.


true, there was supposed to be this widespread war, but it never happened.

Jmedina239
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: May 11th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Canada

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby Jmedina239 » July 1st, 2011, 4:52 pm

alexalonso wrote:The reason why Black and Mexicans rarely if ever beefed before in the past are a few reasons,

1 When the numbers favored blacks gangs, Mexicans would never dare try to start conflict, knowing that they would loose because of numbers. Whats ironic, is that Blacks in most instances never took advantage of Mexican gangs even though they had the advantage.

2. When the numbers began to become even, during the 1980s, late 80s, roughly the same number of Blacks & Hispanic gang members in South LA, Compton, Lynwood, Watts (always had alot of Mexicans) the South Bay, the same as I stated above was true. Blacks didnt seem bothered by Mexicans, and Mexicans did not want to beef with Blacks.

3. Now since 1993 and through out the 1990s, when demographics began to favor Mexicans, the landscape slowly began to change in a few areas, Venice, Pomona, Compton, West Adams, etc. Now that Mexicans are the majority population in many neighborhoods, they now have taken advantage of those numbers and have some confidence in engaging in conflict with Blacks.

Overall, black gang members are far more violent than Mexicans (and thats an entire different debate), the statistics bear this out, so I believe you didnt see Mexicans threatening blacks until the number favored them, and a little encouragement from La Eme helps too.




I honestly dont feel that was the case! You will never understand BLACK/ESE beef until you live through it yourself! For example look at WS 18 ST. ALSACE/SMILEY they had the GEER', WEST BLVD.'s in there hood for years sharing blocks even though 18's outnumbered them COMBINED, but there was no issues! Until drugs issues came along and BAM! THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

or CV TxF they use to live on the same blocks as the FTP'z,same alleys,parks etc. for years!

same as F13 and ECC

its not who outnumbers who , and ,"we're deep now , f_K them fools/niggaz!".. it's all about drugs! MONEY !!! DINERO!!

LOOK AT SC 18ST(AND SOME ws like kbgs 54th) AND HOOVA , no issues same turf same alleys same apartments, AND SC 18 OUT NUMBER THE 74x83 HOOVA'Z 2 -1, 51TG x 52 x 59 HOOVA'Z OUT NUMBER THE WS 18 54 KB 4 -1, no issues!! but what happens when they step on each others toes,when the connect gets steeper? only time will tell!

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 537
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Which black and hispanic neighborhoods still get along?

Unread postby femun » July 1st, 2011, 8:02 pm

Jmedina239 wrote:
alexalonso wrote:The reason why Black and Mexicans rarely if ever beefed before in the past are a few reasons,

1 When the numbers favored blacks gangs, Mexicans would never dare try to start conflict, knowing that they would loose because of numbers. Whats ironic, is that Blacks in most instances never took advantage of Mexican gangs even though they had the advantage.

2. When the numbers began to become even, during the 1980s, late 80s, roughly the same number of Blacks & Hispanic gang members in South LA, Compton, Lynwood, Watts (always had alot of Mexicans) the South Bay, the same as I stated above was true. Blacks didnt seem bothered by Mexicans, and Mexicans did not want to beef with Blacks.

3. Now since 1993 and through out the 1990s, when demographics began to favor Mexicans, the landscape slowly began to change in a few areas, Venice, Pomona, Compton, West Adams, etc. Now that Mexicans are the majority population in many neighborhoods, they now have taken advantage of those numbers and have some confidence in engaging in conflict with Blacks.

Overall, black gang members are far more violent than Mexicans (and thats an entire different debate), the statistics bear this out, so I believe you didnt see Mexicans threatening blacks until the number favored them, and a little encouragement from La Eme helps too.



its not who outnumbers who , and ,"we're deep now , f_K them fools/niggaz!".. it's all about drugs! MONEY !!! DINERO!!

Your 100% correct. It looks like Alonso is biased. I guess lack of heart has nothing to do with who runs the show.


Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests