Cambodian Victims in Long Beach

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Cambodian Victims in Long Beach

Unread post by alexalonso » January 19th, 2004, 1:05 am

Any one hear of the Cambddians that been killed in Long Beach during the last few weeks? Is it Cambodians fighting each other, or are they fighting with the Black or Chicanos?

NikexCortez

Re: Cambodian Victims in Long Beach

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 19th, 2004, 7:36 am

Yea, I been hearing alot about Long Beach lately. I Dont think any of the Cambodian gangs are beefing with the black gangs but I kno the Cambodians are beefing with the Mexicans for sure. Not that long ago, a Cambodian that just came back from fighting the war at Iraq was attending a BBQ and some ESL rolled by and started murdering. Some on years ago, my homie was having his wedding in a restraunt at Long Beach and some ESL crashed it and started spraying. My Homies bodied slamed that mofo. Them ESL's will do anything, and like 4, 5 years ago in a supermarket, some ESL's murderd a filipino family because they thought they were Cambodian. Well yea, the war between the Cambodians and Mexicans in Long Beach is out of control.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 25th, 2004, 8:07 am

alonso wrote:Any one hear of the Cambddians that been killed in Long Beach during the last few weeks? Is it Cambodians fighting each other, or are they fighting with the Black or Chicanos?

say alonso, heres a story out of the long beach presstelegram concerning the war between the latinos and asians in long beach
and
it has the story on traydee catching his case:

By Tracy Manzer and Kristopher Hanson
Staff writers

LONG BEACH — Once their home, the city of Long Beach now feels like a trap filled with heartache, fear and anger that two local families want desperately to leave behind.

Vouthy Tho, a 21-year-old aspiring rap artist and Long Beach City College student, and Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung, a 22-year-old decorated Marine who evaded bullets in Iraq and survived a land mine explosion, were both killed in Long Beach on Oct. 19 as they and several friends and family celebrated Sok’s safe return from war. Now, the site of their deaths, on Seventh Street near Hellman Avenue, and the city itself have come to represent all of their sorrow and loss.

Both families say they plan to leave, preferably for a city such as Lakewood or Cerritos, which they see as less violent than Long Beach. But a move would be costly, and both families say they’ll have to settle for other areas of Long Beach — ideally neighborhoods where ethnicity isn’t enough to get one killed. ‘‘It’s always been a hard neighborhood, but we really feel like we’re in danger now,’’ says Vibol Ung, one of the slain Marine’s half brothers. ‘‘We don’t know why this happened, we don’t know who did it, we don’t know if they might not come back, and, you know, finish the job.’’

Many victims

Ung and Tho represent just two of the 35 targets of gunshots and stab wounds within the Hellman neighborhood since Jan. 1, 2002.

In 24 attacks, six people have been killed and 19 men, women and children have survived gunshot wounds while walking, standing, driving and bicycling in the area. Ten people were shot at but not hit while in the area. Those who escaped with their lives include a 4-year-old boy and his mother, both shot by a suspected gang member as they stood on the front porch of their home in broad daylight.

The fatally injured were all men — black, Hispanic or Asian — ranging in age from 19 to 52. None of their killers has been caught.

The 12 people arrested in connection with the non-fatal attacks include a platinum-selling Long Beach rap artist and four teenage boys. Most of the alleged shooters are suspected gang members.

One of the most shocking of the non-fatal cases occurred at 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 21 of this year, when 22-year-old Reyna Fuentes and her 4-year-old son were deliberately shot while standing on their porch in the 1100 block of Hellman Street.

Three days later, gang detectives arrested three teenage gang members as they stepped out of an apartment in West Long Beach. One of them was carrying a loaded, semiautomatic rifle.

Police booked one of the teens, age 17 at the time, on two counts of attempted murder. The others, ages 18 and 19, were jailed for probation violations and felony weapons possession. Their cases are pending.

Rapper charged

In another high-profile case, 37-year-old Long Beach rapper Tray Deee, whose real name is Tracy Davis, was arrested last month after he allegedly shot at two people sitting in a car near Seventh Street and Nebraska Avenue.

No one was injured in the attack. Davis has appeared on more than a dozen albums by such notable rappers as Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, and is half of the hip-hop duo the Eastsidaz, named after the Eastside Long Beach neighborhood where he allegedly opened fire Nov. 6. He pleaded innocent Friday to four felony charges and is being held on $710,000 bail.

Because many of the cases involve gang members — either as victims or attackers — people living in the area are often reluctant to provide police with tips because they fear retaliation. Nine of the 24 cases have been suspended because the victims and witnesses failed to cooperate or because investigators were unable to gather enough evidence to make an arrest.

Also, prosecutors sometimes toss the cases out of court. One shooting suspect was set free this summer after the district attorney’s office refused to file charges, citing a lack of evidence.

Of the 24 shooting and stabbing attacks since Jan. 1 of last year, only the homicide cases are still being actively investigated.

Bad memories

For Vouthy Tho’s two sisters, who live with their parents and little brother near Poly High School, the fear of retaliation is not as great as their desire to put painful memories behind them. ‘‘When my dad prays, he always says, ‘Why did you have to go over there when you knew what (the neighborhood) was like?’’’ says Gloria Tho, 17, Vouthy’s younger sister. ‘‘It’s not that bad here, but it’s hard not having him in the house
The emptiness just reminds you of what happened.’’ Both families say they not only want to see the killer brought to justice, they want to know why he killed two young men who had so much to offer and who had never been involved in gangs. ‘‘I just want to understand,’’ says Vibol, who was 6 months old when his half-brother was born. ‘‘That had been such a great day. We had all gone on a big spending spree for (Sok and Vouthy), and they were showing off all their new stuff. It was such a good mood, everyone was feeling good, and then it went bad ... ’’

The gunman, who remains at large, walked up to the back of the Ung family’s home on Seventh Street near Orange Avenue early in the morning of Oct. 19. Standing on a small walkway that splits the properties on the block, the unknown gunman fired six to eight shots over a 6-foot-tall wood fence. A $25,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction, but no one has been identified or arrested.

Vibol says he couldn’t see the killer’s face but he saw the shooter point the gun at where he was standing, next to Sok and their sister. Vibol dove into their younger sister, dragging her behind a car parked in the driveway.

The shooter changed his direction of fire and blasted round after round into a group that had gathered in the carport a few feet away. That’s when Tho was hit, Vibol says. ‘‘This is where he died; it was covered in his blood,’’ Vibol says as stands where his brother had been sitting. ‘‘I want to know why.’’

Racial tension

Living in an area divided among more than a dozen gangs, the Ungs were not naive, Vibol says. Tensions between Asian and Hispanic gangs can be felt by every resident. Every young male, and some young women, in the neighborhood run the risk that others
will assume they belong to a gang.

While the Tho family’s street is quieter, Gloria and her older sister Vantha say they, too, are aware of the racial divide. Vouthy had driven a small Honda briefly, but their father had him take his SUV because he knew Asian gang members favor the small Japanese cars and he didn’t want his son to become a victim of mistaken identity, the girls say. Gloria says she is now afraid when she walks about her high school campus and sees or hears Hispanic students whispering about her brother’s death. ‘‘I never really had any problems before, but now I’m scared,’’ the Poly senior confides. ‘‘You never know who might be the one who killed him, or maybe they know who did it.’’

On the one-month anniversary of Tho’s death, the sisters took flowers and candles to their brother’s grave in Forest Lawn Memorial Park, in Long Beach. They go almost every day, and when their father isn’t driving his semi across the country, he’s there every morning.

‘‘I think it’s finally starting to settle in,’’ Vantha says, adding that her parents have been able to return to work and their little brother, 9-year-old Anthony, is doing well.

But a pall remains over the family, she adds.

The Ungs say they’ll wait until 100 days after their son and brother’s death before they move. It’s tradition for Cambodian Buddhists to honor that time period. The family says it should stay in the home where Sok Khak Ung died until that time comes.

‘‘This city is not safe; it’s not a good place to live,’’ Vibol says, shaking his head. ‘‘I hate saying that, because I used to love Long Beach.’’

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » February 1st, 2004, 3:22 pm

as far back as i can remember asians and latinos never got along!
as kids we (asians, blacks, latinos) went to grade school together, and grew up in the same areas of the hood. by the time we hit junior high
it was totally different. asians and hispanics in the LB have been at it since the early 80's when a latino killed an innocent asian(cambodian) because
of mistaken idenity. until i left the beach i can count about 25-30 death's
altogether from this war. the blacks and asians have alway's gotten along
but since the la emme green light the relations between black and hipanic
gangs has turned deadly. but there is more bad blood between asians and hispanics. i know a lot of trg's abz's and cbc's from longbeach, and they
are cool with most of the longbeach crip cards with exceptions for a few personal scurmishes. the asian gang populas has widely expanded througout california and they take pride in killing hispanic's. and visa versa

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 1st, 2004, 7:46 pm

THANKS 4 THE INFO WORLWIDE , THE AREA DISCRIBED AS 7ST AND HELLSMAN IS HOME OF WICH GANG ?

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » February 1st, 2004, 10:23 pm

are these Longo cats surenos?

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 2nd, 2004, 12:36 am

yeah soda they surenos...

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » February 2nd, 2004, 2:00 am

bgcasper if i remember correct hellman dont run all the way through
7th but on 10th and hellman nowadays i would say longos
but a few years back it was mostly asians there. asians still on hellman but they aint bangin though. from the looks of it longos slowly trying to take the area of 10th and orange which they been tryin to get for years but i dought it will happen. asians and blacks have held that spot eversince my grandma moved there back in 81. both my moms and pops families have been on 10 th and orange for going on 30yrs now.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 2nd, 2004, 8:02 am

THANKS WORLD WIDE , THEM E\S LONGEROS BE ON MAC ARTHUR PARK BUT WICH BLACC AND ASIANS WERE ON THAT 7 ST ?AND DO U KNOW WICH HOOD HOLD THE CHITTICK FIELD PARK AND IS THE POLLY APT CRIPS 'PAC' ARE PART OF THE 20'S OR THEY JUST INDEPENDENT ?THANKS CCUZ AND PEACE

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » February 2nd, 2004, 9:44 am

on that 7th street it be mostly trg's and cbc's (cambodian boy crips)
insane's and 20's in that area. the yfc's and trg's take turn's puttin in work on the longos. the asian boyz are closer to mac arthur park but since they are more wide spread their main riders hve since moved on. i was real
close to one of the abz's back in 90-91 and thay had a little beef with cbc
it wasn't no killin or nothin just fair one's at a request, it was kinda funny seeing them scrap though they take that martial art's stuff serious man. LOL!!! they had honor and respect for they G's though. not like lil homies of our day. they would actually had to call their G's and ask can they go put in work on the longos unless they bumped heads with them. but they
try to keep they stuff organized. i dont know about nowaday's but that's how it was then with the abz

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » February 2nd, 2004, 11:07 am

THANKS WORLWIDE FOR YOUR ANSWER

hater-mayne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hater-mayne » March 8th, 2004, 9:04 am

I read about the guy who got arrested for murder in Long Beach. From the looks of his last name I'd say he was Laos.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 8th, 2004, 1:44 pm

worldwide wrote:on that 7th street it be mostly trg's and cbc's (cambodian boy crips)
insane's and 20's in that area. the yfc's and trg's take turn's puttin in work on the longos. the asian boyz are closer to mac arthur park but since they are more wide spread their main riders hve since moved on. i was real
close to one of the abz's back in 90-91 and thay had a little beef with cbc
it wasn't no killin or nothin just fair one's at a request, it was kinda funny seeing them scrap though they take that martial art's stuff serious man. LOL!!! they had honor and respect for they G's though. not like lil homies of our day. they would actually had to call their G's and ask can they go put in work on the longos unless they bumped heads with them. but they
try to keep they stuff organized. i dont know about nowaday's but that's how it was then with the abz
hmmm...i can vouch for that when you say the younger G's had respect for older ones. my boy rolls with Crownhill TRG and when he got jumped, they actually had a meetin' and planned shit out...few months later, they got them back. thing about Asian culture is that "respect for your elders" is a MUST. you can get your ass whooped for not respectin' them. doesn't matter if you bigger, stronger, faster, etc...they older than you so you gots to respect...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » March 12th, 2004, 6:54 pm

CROWNHILL TRG WERE IS THEIR HOOD ? NEXT TO TEMPLE STREET ?

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 12th, 2004, 7:49 pm

bgCASPER wrote:CROWNHILL TRG WERE IS THEIR HOOD ? NEXT TO TEMPLE STREET ?
Crownhill set is in 909 area...towards Temecula area. they're close with Pomona TRG and Diego TRG