Caucasians in Compton/watts/south central

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Caucasians in Compton/watts/south central

Unread post by PolakoMafia » July 24th, 2003, 4:08 am

Are there many (or any) caucasians in these areas? If I'm caucasian will it be dangerous for me to go there because of racial tention?

Re: Caucasians in Compton/watts/south central

Unread post by Guest » July 24th, 2003, 5:09 am

THERE ARE SOME CAUCASIANS IN BOMPTON THEY ARE EITHER OLDER FOLKS WHO HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE NAYBORHOOD FOR YEARS AND PEOPLE WATCH OVER THEM, OR IN MOST CASES THEY ARE SMOKERS (CRACKHEADS/ HYPES).

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » July 24th, 2003, 8:29 am

say poloko, years ago the whole area, lynwood, compton, watts, paramont...etc, was PREDOMINTELY white, but with time the area changed, after the white left the brothers were the majority. now the raza are becoming the majority and in time that will change. i remember back in the early 60's i use to go to my aunts pad by St Francis hospital in lynwood and there were alot of white peeps there. just like WAY BACK east l.a. was predominately jewish. but that was before most of these readers time.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 24th, 2003, 9:59 am

ha ha..this has got to be a funny topic.

Poloka, it's a free country, you can go anywhere you want to...LOL.

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » July 24th, 2003, 11:10 am

Just keep to your self and dont wear any purple red or blue

Ricky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ricky » July 24th, 2003, 12:55 pm

or Orange whitekid lol lol ha ha :D

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 24th, 2003, 2:08 pm

I used to go to Compton when I was in my twenties with friends visiting friends but there were just too many crazy gang members running around at night blasting each at night other over drugs, snitching, rivalries, etc.. Made me paranoid to be around there even though I wasn't in a gang.

You could be talking to some guy about an upcoming construction job and find out that his neighbor who was dealing got blasted the night before. And nobody cared in the slightest either. It was just everyday shit for that city.

I eventually stopped going and now just go if I have business during the day.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 10:00 pm

lol in compton sometime you better be white than a black boy with the wrong color ,i really think there is some areas in compton that a white boy would have more chance than me to survive ,like they may jack him put me they gonna spray and hunt my ass down as soon as they see half of it.

bonqutta

Unread post by bonqutta » August 8th, 2003, 4:49 pm

its true the white people u c in the south central r married to the hispainics or the blacks not all the time or they r crakheads or hookers

dis your gurl aka hoodratta from compton : :D

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 25th, 2003, 4:35 pm

In my drunken state, I stumbled upon this, about 4 mos. after the last post, lol. Anyways, I can recall a few white people in my youth who lived in the hood. We had the Doolittles who lived acroos the dtreet from me, most of my life. The man Harry, and his mother and sister. Now, Harry was deaf and couldn't speak well, so at the time, we thought he was speaking german r something, not knowing that was the way people with hearing disabilities talk. There was an Itailian family that lived next door to my grandmother, The Santoris, who were close 2 my gandmother and had heavy accents, nice people. The deaf cat Harry used 2 like me when i was a lil kid, i guess, i was non threatening, that all changed when i grew up and when my brother in law icked his a#@. I also remember house shopping in Compton with my mother around '72 and seeing a lot of blue collar white folks in the city. We had a white cat in our hood named Barney Mull who did a hell of lot 4 the hood. Any OG/Veterano from Grape would know who I'm talking about, in fact the times did a write up on him around '80. Anyways, he loved the hood and people in the hood black and brown. He started a program called YPOW (Young People of Watts and later on Young People of Lynwood with funding from the local companies ie. Jorgensen Steel which was right across Alameda in South Gate. Homey build a park on Wilmington between Santa Ana and 107th street from a lawnmower repair/candy store and had a summer job program, similar to Ted Watkins and WLCAC, (which was on Tatta side of the tracks). If some of u were around during that time and rode through especially u Compton cats, u would have seen the homies playing bball, chilling and noticed the flag sign with the red, black and green on 1 side and the red white and green on the other, no beef r eme influence in those days. Ah yes, the good ole days. YPOW was smaller but just as important. I remember as a kid, getting paid like 4 dollars and hr. to paint graffitti of the walls on the weekends, lol. Imagine that, painting the hit up u just did a coupla days prior and he knew it 2, just trying 2 keep us occupied in a positive way. Me being a capitalist, hit up regularly, job security, ya know, lol. But he was a good man. He was killed in Lynwood around '80 r '81 found his body in the YPOW van after 3 days during the summer time, he was heavy so u can imagine the scenario. Never found out who did it but robbery was the motive, we suspected Lynwood Varrio Paragons (LVP), because they were the largest set in Lynwood, but hell , the Young Crowd LVYC) and Puerto Rican Fellas (PRF) were also around at that time. Thing is, my man had been around and survived the riots of '65 and built on it, for the people of the community and was loved for it. Trust me, I saw some true warriors shed a few tears 4 that man, including me.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » November 25th, 2003, 5:30 pm

wizard wond wrote:In my drunken state, I stumbled upon this, about 4 mos. after the last post, lol. Anyways, I can recall a few white people in my youth who lived in the hood. We had the Doolittles who lived acroos the dtreet from me, most of my life. The man Harry, and his mother and sister. Now, Harry was deaf and couldn't speak well, so at the time, we thought he was speaking german r something, not knowing that was the way people with hearing disabilities talk. There was an Itailian family that lived next door to my grandmother, The Santoris, who were close 2 my gandmother and had heavy accents, nice people. The deaf cat Harry used 2 like me when i was a lil kid, i guess, i was non threatening, that all changed when i grew up and when my brother in law icked his a#@. I also remember house shopping in Compton with my mother around '72 and seeing a lot of blue collar white folks in the city. We had a white cat in our hood named Barney Mull who did a hell of lot 4 the hood. Any OG/Veterano from Grape would know who I'm talking about, in fact the times did a write up on him around '80. Anyways, he loved the hood and people in the hood black and brown. He started a program called YPOW (Young People of Watts and later on Young People of Lynwood with funding from the local companies ie. Jorgensen Steel which was right across Alameda in South Gate. Homey build a park on Wilmington between Santa Ana and 107th street from a lawnmower repair/candy store and had a summer job program, similar to Ted Watkins and WLCAC, (which was on Tatta side of the tracks). If some of u were around during that time and rode through especially u Compton cats, u would have seen the homies playing bball, chilling and noticed the flag sign with the red, black and green on 1 side and the red white and green on the other, no beef r eme influence in those days. Ah yes, the good ole days. YPOW was smaller but just as important. I remember as a kid, getting paid like 4 dollars and hr. to paint graffitti of the walls on the weekends, lol. Imagine that, painting the hit up u just did a coupla days prior and he knew it 2, just trying 2 keep us occupied in a positive way. Me being a capitalist, hit up regularly, job security, ya know, lol. But he was a good man. He was killed in Lynwood around '80 r '81 found his body in the YPOW van after 3 days during the summer time, he was heavy so u can imagine the scenario. Never found out who did it but robbery was the motive, we suspected Lynwood Varrio Paragons (LVP), because they were the largest set in Lynwood, but hell , the Young Crowd LVYC) and Puerto Rican Fellas (PRF) were also around at that time. Thing is, my man had been around and survived the riots of '65 and built on it, for the people of the community and was loved for it. Trust me, I saw some true warriors shed a few tears 4 that man, including me.

Damn thats messed up.

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 25th, 2003, 7:08 pm

Sorry about all the typos in that last post, but back 2 Barney, he did other things like threw parties at that park, had a toy program 4 the lil kids, which u could sign out toys 4 a week, slits, scooters and stuff. Fire Dept. displays nad good food 2. My 1 stime eating carne asada and fajitas, this was in the mid 2 late '70s, b4 fajitas became chic. After his passing, 1 of the Veteranos bought the property and did lil stuff around the hood, tried 2 keep the spirit going, but times change and it became hard 4 him, to maintain the spirit, ya know.........so

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » November 25th, 2003, 8:40 pm

so was Barney a grape? and did he bang?

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 25th, 2003, 9:23 pm

whitekid wrote:so was Barney a grape? and did he bang?

nah whitekid, i think you missing the point bro. he talking about barney, being a white man in that area and all he (barney) did for that community...

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 26th, 2003, 1:51 pm

Thank You, Stateraised2000 4 clarifying that.

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » November 26th, 2003, 7:46 pm

I understood what he said.... :wink: but did he hang with bangers?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 26th, 2003, 9:53 pm

He hung with everyone from the neighborhood including bangers. He did a lot of good but the youngsters that chose the life grew into bangin. That's not on him.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » February 8th, 2004, 5:27 pm

Whoever was the white boy who asked was it safe for him to go to compton is the answer is no. Are you one of those white boys who feels some sort of spiritual connection due to repression to black folks?
All I gotta say is if you want to see if they feel the same way you do, do one day in LA County Jail. Look, Im here for dialogue but lets face it if you went into Watts and got shot they would say you had it coming for going there. If a black guy comes to Orange County and gets shot, its national news. Right or wrong, thats reality..

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » February 9th, 2004, 9:40 am

Are you saying it isn't safe at all for a white person to go into Watts or Compton during the day? Aren't there are malls or restaurants that bring white people into those areas?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 9th, 2004, 9:55 am

Shush.. I know white people that work in Compton.

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » February 9th, 2004, 1:09 pm

Exactly!

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » February 10th, 2004, 7:09 am

Well if they work there I bet they pray all the way to work.
And if they dont, they should. All I can think of is Reginald Denny, just a white going to work.....Whatever, Im not gonna argue. I wouldnt go there with less than an AR-15. And that means I aint going there. There is plenty of good folks all over all parts of LA, but the bad ones are the baddest in the USA.

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » February 10th, 2004, 8:08 am

Not to split hairs, but the Reginald Denny incident was in the middle of a riot. I highly doubt that whites are being pulled out of their vehicles on a regular basis.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » February 10th, 2004, 10:25 am

Not to point out the obvious, your in Michigan. I have lived in So Cal all my life. There are some definate do's and dont's here. I used to work for a real estate appraiser. He new I could handle his LA appraisals.
I have seen 107 Grape Street Watts gangsters shut down traffic on a street and go car to car and put a gun in peoples faces and take whatever they had. If any single one would have been white, they would have been toast. Now, there is also the school of thought that anyone in the hood might be more reluctant to kill a white because the heat would put a case on someone whether or not it was the right person or not. All Im saying is, if you are white you have no buisness in South Central LA. And those that disagree are living on borrowed time. Out....

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » February 10th, 2004, 10:38 am

I completely agree with your point that I have not actually been to South Central L.A., and I have not seen what takes place there.

Your observations are interesting, and I am wondering if anyone else has comments on the topic.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 10th, 2004, 11:01 am

It is much more dangerous than the suburbs, however, there are white people that work in Compton, Lynwood, Southgate, and even South L.A..

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 11th, 2004, 3:32 am

"I have seen 107 Grape Street Watts gangsters shut down traffic on a street and go car to car and put a gun in peoples faces and take whatever they had. If any single one would have been white, they would have been toast" - AcmeWhiteBread

when and where wuz this at??

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 11th, 2004, 4:11 pm

In South Central L.A and Compton, and those areas are the asian population larger than the caucasian population? And are whites/asians differentiated or treated the same? Someone I know who is white said he goes often to COmpton with a friend and gets a burger or somethin and they know some local gang members and they are really comunity based and they see two crackas sitting eating a burger and they cool with em.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 11th, 2004, 10:42 pm

Well you know for the real even a blind dog finds a bone once in awhile, but that doesn't make em safe. I've traveled all through Compton in daytime working on some project or other back in the day and have friends that work there every day but day and night are very different environments on some blocks in Compton.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 12th, 2004, 12:17 am

why do poor whites generally stay away from L.A? In New York for instance there are at least 13 out of 300 housing projects that have over 30% white population. check this article: http://www.adversity.net/c28_pomonok.htm

And why is there sometimes such segregation in alot of cities such as whites live on white side of city, blacks on black, asians on asian, etc.?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 12th, 2004, 9:20 am

There aren't a lot of poor whites living in projects cause they held down by gangs of another color (very dangerous for them) for one thing. Also Social Services doesn't make a point of putting them there. Another thought is that SoCal is so big and spreadout they can find housing in lower-middle class neighborhoods that are integrated and don't have to live in the projects. New York is so crowded.. well you get the picture.

Second question is easy. People tend to group together by people group in any event but in the city they also do so for the safety factor.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 12th, 2004, 9:49 am

in compton and the surrounding area there you run a risk of getting fu_cked wih if your white no matter what time of day it is. but its much more dangerous once the sun sets. sure there are whites who been living there or who have been working around there and MOST OF THE TIME they dont have too many problems WITH THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEM but even then in that area they may see some youngsters that dont know them and some problems could come up.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”