why do asians go with black gang culture?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

why do asians go with black gang culture?

Unread post by sickside » December 19th, 2008, 11:02 pm

why do asians "NOT ALL" (dont get me wrong)...but do alot of them say ,"nigga", and i mean they say it alot..or bang bloods and crips or change there gang to crip and bloods?

like WD i met some members every word that came out of there mouth was nigga, or WC they had there own style but now some sets bang blood . I knew a real cool cat from ABZ who said they had there own style and was real cool with crips but still had there own style but now most people when talk about ABZ always saw ,"oh there crips always was"..even thou that is NOT TRUE! same thing with TRG not the crip part thou never knew that gang well but met some when I was chilling with that one cat from WD, they always said nigga....

WC is like one of the only gangs that i did business with that had there own asian style did bite no other races style but had there own! well atill now!

So please shed some light on this, with your own opinions and thoughts..please no disrespect or no racist B.S.
peace one love

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why do asians go with black gang culture?

Unread post by Silencioso » December 21st, 2008, 12:56 pm

In L.A. almost every race either emulates blacks or Mexicans. That's just the way it is.
It usually goes like this:

Asians, Pacific Islanders emulate blacks.

Pinoy, whites/Armenians, non-Mexican Latinos emulate Mexicans.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » December 21st, 2008, 1:13 pm

What was the original Asian gang style? I remember in San Jo, the Viets had a style called "new wave". It was basically a dance club look with an emphasis on black and white as the main colors. Hair was combed back. It was hard to tell gang members from regular Vietnamese kids.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » December 21st, 2008, 5:01 pm

its hard to explain there own style when i saw it, i ant going to lie it look a lil mex. but still with a twist, and i understand what you are saying, but do they really got to say nigga all the time even when i know those guys pretty good and i never onced saw them kick it with any black people! and even bang there whole gang crip or blood, i mean style sure why not but make the whole gang crip and blood isnt that a lil too much? exspecialy when they go to jail and drop the whole crip and bllod thing..so what is the point to bang crip and blood when you are going to drop it. And if you are asking where i got such info. I got it from my two asian homies that did like 3-5 years in prison.Theysay yea sometimes we back up the crip and blood but we drop all the color shit in fact some times we bump heads with crip and bloods because of that whole reason on how we drop the crip and blood shit and keep to are selfs instead of kicking it with them. The only reason we back them up sometimes and they back us up because of numbers most impotant and business right after..i said this info before and some one ask what prison to be honest i dont remember and my two friends well one went back in the other i dont know were he is at!

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » December 21st, 2008, 5:03 pm

and asian opying mex. how you said. yea you see that sometimes but only style of clothes not how they talk i never saw any asian say "ese"...you know

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » December 25th, 2008, 8:08 pm

really, it's media and asians get along better with blacks than mexicans.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » December 25th, 2008, 10:31 pm

asian gangs and black gangs dont even bang on each other or anything there invinsible to each other im sure if there was some asian gang in compton every crip set would ride on em

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » January 18th, 2009, 10:55 am

out here Blacks love Asian people

2faced
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 2faced » February 7th, 2009, 1:10 am

i would say, there are more important things in life to ponder about then this BS.
live your life... dont worry bout what you aint into

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by FelonOne » February 9th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Depends where they grew up in a black hood...Asian Boyz emulate that old school shaved head khakis ben davis cortez look...But still crippin'

padevat thmei
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by padevat thmei » February 15th, 2009, 1:29 pm

this topic is hilarious. basically, i think the fact that most asian gangs combining both mexican and black gang influences into their own is what makes them UNIQUE hahahaha. u kno, the shaved head,cortez,high sock,ben davis wearing asian gang members with the black ebonic slang talk they got going also hahahaha. asian gangsters are able to mesh both of these two distinct influences together.thats THE asian gang style right there! friggin geniuses!! those friggin asians!

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Natoma Boyz

Unread post by AdamNB » February 25th, 2009, 8:58 pm

Silencioso wrote:What was the original Asian gang style? I remember in San Jo, the Viets had a style called "new wave". It was basically a dance club look with an emphasis on black and white as the main colors. Hair was combed back. It was hard to tell gang members from regular Vietnamese kids.
In the 80's most Vietnamese in OC played New Wave or took on the preppy look. From my experience .. I cant speak for now but when I was playing in the late 80's and 90's..

Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean looked more New Wave or Preppy

Cambodian, Laos, Samoan more like hip hop

Filipino like southsiders....

TrealTalk
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Little Rock

Unread post by TrealTalk » February 25th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Silencioso wrote:In L.A. almost every race either emulates blacks or Mexicans. That's just the way it is.
It usually goes like this:

Asians, Pacific Islanders emulate blacks.

Pinoy, whites/Armenians, non-Mexican Latinos emulate Mexicans.

Seems like mexicans tend to emulate blacks at times also.

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AdamNB » February 26th, 2009, 12:48 pm

TrealTalk wrote:

Yeah I have noticed... that alot of young Hispanics tend to wear hip hop clothing and do rap now.

When I was locked up in the late 80's and early 90's Mixicans listened to oldies and wore baggy pants and pendletons.... when I was locked up in 2001 I noticed that many of them now sag and rap.. guess times change in the 80's and 90's a south sider would have gotten disciplined on the yard for sagging or listening to rap..

but society at large today sags ...

everyone from the suburbanite white kid to the innercity hispanic or black kids wear their pants sagged..

what i find most interesting is that blacks, hispanics, whites and asians that sag don't know the origins of sagging.. in the 60's and 70's the punks (gay prostitutes) on the prison yard would sag their pants so as to advertise that they were for sell.

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Unread post by spadeloc » February 26th, 2009, 3:30 pm

AdamNB wrote:
TrealTalk wrote:

Yeah I have noticed... that alot of young Hispanics tend to wear hip hop clothing and do rap now.

When I was locked up in the late 80's and early 90's Mixicans listened to oldies and wore baggy pants and pendletons.... when I was locked up in 2001 I noticed that many of them now sag and rap.. guess times change in the 80's and 90's a south sider would have gotten disciplined on the yard for sagging or listening to rap..

everyone from the suburbanite white kid to the innercity hispanic or black kids wear their pants sagged..

what i find most interesting is that blacks, hispanics, whites and asians that sag don't know the origins of sagging.. in the 60's and 70's the punks (gay prostitutes) on the prison yard would sag their pants so as to advertise that they were for sell.
yeah that maybe true but sagging today has no connection with that.......so thats not origins in more coencident.

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » February 26th, 2009, 3:57 pm

AdamNB wrote:
TrealTalk wrote:

stop believing BS you read....i cant discredit the gay statement cuzz i never been to prison,but i think its bull......the fact is if you ever been to jail(i have) youll find out quickly that the uniforms are not garanteed to fit....most people chose to have to big rather than too small so you find yourself sagging without even trying(especially my skinny ass).......people who dont like blacks,gangsters or just that style tend to want to believe the gay story.......25 years ago when we started sagging if we thought for a second thats what it meant we would have never done it and im from the projects if that was the case in prison we would heard...after my first post i called my older homeboy(52)who had been to the joint he said he didnt know nothing about that

cityofchamps92
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by cityofchamps92 » February 26th, 2009, 6:04 pm

about the sagging thing, I had a uncle who was from Shotgun crip and would see me saggin' when i was a teenager and tell me that meant i was somebody b^itch in prison back in the day. Now i could never tell if he just said that to just keep me from sagging or if he was serious. But i have heard other people say that before but Im not sure if the story behind it is true.

TrealTalk
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Little Rock

Unread post by TrealTalk » February 26th, 2009, 11:07 pm

AdamNB wrote:
TrealTalk wrote:

Thats not really true as far as the connection. Sagging in the streets came from poverty. A lot of parents couldn't afford to keep buying their kids clothes so they either bought them 2 sizes too big or got whatever they could get from the Goodwill and Salvation Army and whatever other outlets like that.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » February 27th, 2009, 11:27 am

TrealTalk wrote:
AdamNB wrote:
TrealTalk wrote:

Thats not really true as far as the connection. Sagging in the streets came from poverty. A lot of parents couldn't afford to keep buying their kids clothes so they either bought them 2 sizes too big or got whatever they could get from the Goodwill and Salvation Army and whatever other outlets like that.
your exactly right guess how big t's came in also. They were also big.

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AdamNB » February 28th, 2009, 5:30 pm

spadeloc wrote:
AdamNB wrote:
TrealTalk wrote:

stop believing BS you read....i cant discredit the gay statement cuzz i never been to prison,but i think its bull......the fact is if you ever been to jail(i have) youll find out quickly that the uniforms are not garanteed to fit....most people chose to have to big rather than too small so you find yourself sagging without even trying(especially my skinny ass).......people who dont like blacks,gangsters or just that style tend to want to believe the gay story.......25 years ago when we started sagging if we thought for a second thats what it meant we would have never done it and im from the projects if that was the case in prison we would heard...after my first post i called my older homeboy(52)who had been to the joint he said he didnt know nothing about that

I just talked to my Aunts husband who was in prison in the 70's.. and he said that it was true.. that only the yard punks "male prostitutes" in the 70's sagged.

I have been to prison.. and yes I know in county where the deputies control the clothing and that many times the clothes is ragged .. and over sized.... BUT in prison and the INMATES control the clothing... so you get the size and fit you want.

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AdamNB » February 28th, 2009, 5:49 pm

My wifes brother is gay.. i noticed he was wearing colors.. so i asked him if he was a gangbanger or what...and he explained the color code for a handkechief... i asked him to explain it since we are talking about sagging and the interesting thing is the "rag" has similiar origens as sagging... .. the handkerchief that many gangs wear.. blue, red, purple, green, grey or black.. they all have a meaning not associated with gangbanging in the Gay community.... below is a basic..... color to gay shit... but you can also do a google search for gay hanky code.. and you will find more detailed lists... i am glad.. that in the 80's Vietnamese gangs didn't fly colors......

Color..............left rear pocket..............right rear pocket
RED...............like to fist fuck others...... Likes to be fist fucked
BLUE..............Cop............................like to give cops blow jobs
PURPLE...........Likes to spank................Likes to be spanked
GREEN.............for rent........................looking to rent
GRAY...............bondage top...................likes to be tied up
BLACK..............likes black bottoms...........likes black tops
WHITE..............you jack me off.............. I will jack you off

does anyone know... how "rags" got into gang lifestyle?

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » March 1st, 2009, 7:24 am

AdamNB wrote:My wifes brother is gay.. i noticed he was wearing colors.. so i asked him if he was a gangbanger or what...and he explained the color code for a handkechief... i asked him to explain it since we are talking about sagging and the interesting thing is the "rag" has similiar origens as sagging... .. the handkerchief that many gangs wear.. blue, red, purple, green, grey or black.. they all have a meaning not associated with gangbanging in the Gay community.... below is a basic..... color to gay shit... but you can also do a google search for gay hanky code.. and you will find more detailed lists... i am glad.. that in the 80's Vietnamese gangs didn't fly colors......

Color..............left rear pocket..............right rear pocket
RED...............like to fist fu-- others...... Likes to be fist #%@&
BLUE..............Cop............................like to give cops blow jobs
PURPLE...........Likes to spank................Likes to be spanked
GREEN.............for rent........................looking to rent
GRAY...............bondage top...................likes to be tied up
BLACK..............likes black bottoms...........likes black tops
WHITE..............you jack me off.............. I will jack you off

does anyone know... how "rags" got into gang lifestyle?
thats all BS.....f**kin lame.....sagging aint got nothing to do with being gay...if you been to jail and had to wear their uniforms...look around sagging i self explanitory...thats what happens when clothe are too big and no belt.your gay talking about shit you dont know about..lame ass post nothing to do with the topic.pat yourself on the back ...i know you feel like you did something but to me you sound like a coward.....

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AdamNB » March 12th, 2009, 10:36 am

[quote="spadeloc"]

Spadeloc... the topic was why do Asians go with Black Gang Culture.. and they don't really...

Asians Gangs have different styles some Asians Gangs do sag many don't.. Some Asian Gangs emulate hip hop culture some don't... the question was a blanket question... the answers went into many directions.. i merely followed one thread of the answers. You can disagree with someones answers... you may have done some county jail time.. but anyone who has been to prison knows... that inmates hand out the clothes... and your clothes fit.. the only people who get fucked up clothes are the lames and leyvas

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonOne » March 30th, 2009, 1:06 am

padevat thmei wrote:this topic is hilarious. basically, i think the fact that most asian gangs combining both mexican and black gang influences into their own is what makes them UNIQUE hahahaha. u kno, the shaved head,cortez,high sock,ben davis wearing asian gang members with the black ebonic slang talk they got going also hahahaha. asian gangsters are able to mesh both of these two distinct influences together.thats THE asian gang style right there! friggin geniuses!! those friggin asians!
Yep...Some Asians sag...some dont!...

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » March 30th, 2009, 4:26 am

AdamNB wrote:
spadeloc wrote:
Spadeloc... the topic was why do Asians go with Black Gang Culture.. and they don't really...

Asians Gangs have different styles some Asians Gangs do sag many don't.. Some Asian Gangs emulate hip hop culture some don't... the question was a blanket question... the answers went into many directions.. i merely followed one thread of the answers. You can disagree with someones answers... you may have done some county jail time.. but anyone who has been to prison knows... that inmates hand out the clothes... and your clothes fit.. the only people who get #%@& up clothes are the lames and leyvas
point blank...that gay thing about saggin is a myth perpetuated by people who dont like black/hip hop culture.....i was letting u know its bull cuzz we would of known what it meant and would of never started the trend on the streets....and as far as asians acting black not all do but the ones that do is for the same reason that everybody emulates black culture.....theres hardly anybody in this country that doesnt use black slang....black music past and present has a huge inpact on american culture

xcutioners
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by xcutioners » April 14th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Well.... the rap industry is composed of African Americans who were and are in gangs such as Crips & Bloods...

Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg were in Crips.. 50 Cent was in Bloods

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » April 15th, 2009, 2:56 pm

50 Cent was in Bloods
4 real homie!!!!

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonOne » April 25th, 2009, 2:08 am

A lot of em use it for street cred like Lil Wayne.

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by SmileyGee » June 6th, 2009, 8:46 am

I think the whole sagging thing is disrespectful to our culture palabra nobody wants to see your caca stained underwear and nobody wants to be sombody's bitch I mean look back at your older heads who have died and suffered for our neighborhoods you didnt see them disrespect them selfs by sagging, and this goes for the blacks 2 look back you neva saw Tookie Williams sage or older bloods sag did you? Gracis.

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonOne » June 14th, 2009, 2:52 am

True...Older generation black gangs didnt sag at all...

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”