W/S Islanders

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

W/S Islanders

Unread post by AztecNinja » June 1st, 2009, 1:11 pm

In like 94 when the whole greenlight on Asian thing was going on I ran into some hyna from WS Islanders, she was very hesitant to kick it with a ese, but she couldnt resist the power of a smooth talking 1stFlats Gangsta (JK dudes), anyway we end up kicikin that night and had a real good time, she was thick than a snicka for a Asian girl, and I'm not sure of her race. Atleast once a hour she kept talking bout if her bros saw us they 'd kill us both, Cerritos W/S Islanders....Anyways anybody heard of these dudes? If so, where are they at on the Asian Gang scene food chain?

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Re: W/S Islanders

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 1st, 2009, 4:06 pm

never heard of WSI that much arent they some filipinos that wannabe samoans

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 1st, 2009, 5:03 pm

They were/are in Long Beach...

When I used to go visit my fam I remember hearing of them and we were at SIlverado Park one time and a squabble broke out between S.O.S and W/S Islanders...

Later on I saw "fucck eyeliners" hit up at the park and sounds like they were dissing WSI....

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 1st, 2009, 6:05 pm

WSI had a solid rep in my day. They were known for packing heat and having itchy trigger fingers. I heard they beefed it hard with Longos during the "greenlight" days like the rest of the asians (mainly with WS Longos). Them WSI beefed it with the Carson pinoys too. Probably because they flagged blue while the Carson sets flagged red.

There was a famous story back in the day when some RPBs and a few OG rolled down to the westside for a house party. When they got there, there was a few WSI standing in front. The WSI see them and go "F*CK RPB!" which was nutty in itself because there was like 4-5 carloads of RPB/OG. From there it was on. It was like 20 RPB and some OG against a few WSI. WSI dudes got fucked up, one got shanked up bad by an OG. After that they boned the fuck out to Carson and laid low for weeks, 'cause WSI had a rep for being shooters. I don't know if WSI ever got them fools, I never heard anything after that.
thonkoboy2000 wrote:never heard of WSI that much arent they some filipinos that wannabe samoans
Well I don't about the "wannabe samoan" part but I know WSI started mainly as a chamorro/guamanian gang with a few filipinos. Since filipinos are deep on the westside, they eventually took over the ranks.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 1st, 2009, 6:36 pm

most likely why they all claim "pacific islanders"

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » June 2nd, 2009, 4:58 am

In the mid 90's WSI was trying to move into Cerritos. The established gangs in Cerritos weren't having it. WSI never had anything going on in that city. The locals like STS made sure of it. As far as I kno WSI had a lot of enemies and were small in #'s. Seemed like jus about everyone hated them. At that time I also heard they had a firm rep. In a city like LB surrounded by enemies thats a big statement. They had some heads in Hawaii and the Philippines before. Thats the only other locations besides LB they were.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 2nd, 2009, 10:32 am

Triplethreat, where at in Hawaii were WSI at?

I live on the Big Island. If they had numbers, probably on Oahu...

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » June 2nd, 2009, 11:12 am

never ran into em but my bro from CBC got down with of few of em at LB Poly High school back in the late 94-98..it was over some race..them islanders pinoy always be talking smack about cambodians i think..thats how it started!

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » June 3rd, 2009, 1:19 am

^Hiloboy, I dont kno where there are located in Hawaii. Jus remember hearing the stories of them being there. That was in the 90's so things are prob different now.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » June 3rd, 2009, 7:30 pm

I remember hearing about them, I heard from a friend, they said they were a Filipino gang that was in the West Covina area. But, I am not sure on that one from what I see in the forum.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm

triplethreat wrote:In the mid 90's WSI was trying to move into Cerritos. The established gangs in Cerritos weren't having it. WSI never had anything going on in that city. The locals like STS made sure of it. As far as I kno WSI had a lot of enemies and were small in #'s. Seemed like jus about everyone hated them. At that time I also heard they had a firm rep. In a city like LB surrounded by enemies thats a big statement. They had some heads in Hawaii and the Philippines before. Thats the only other locations besides LB they were.
I also heard they expanded into Hawaii. An ABC once told me some WSI had branched into the Chino/Chino Hills area too. A TRG told me that they were the only asian set that they got along with in Long Beach for the most part. When I met him and his homies they all thought I was from Islanders, started being all buddy-buddy. He said them WSI caught heat just like the rest of the asians in Long Beach during the '90s, trading slugs with WSL.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 3rd, 2009, 7:58 pm

If they here in Hawaii these peanut heads must be laying low or fighting chickens b/c thats all the pinoys do round here...

Oh yea, and sell some good food like pork adobo, pork and peas and nasty ass food like balut and pork blood...YUCK!!

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 5th, 2009, 12:53 am

HiloBoy wrote:If they here in Hawaii these peanut heads must be laying low or fighting chickens b/c thats all the pinoys do round here...

Oh yea, and sell some good food like pork adobo, pork and peas and nasty ass food like balut and pork blood...YUCK!!
Peanut heads? HiloBoy you hawaiian? Anyway I'm pretty sure they died out in Hawaii by now, it was back in the day when I heard that.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 5th, 2009, 10:03 am

Yes I am Hawaiian...

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by FelonOne » June 6th, 2009, 1:14 am

Not that much WSI nowadayz...heard they was wreckin havoc on island of oahu.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 6th, 2009, 9:24 am

Wrecking havoc on Oʻahu??

I dont know about that. NO gang really wrecks havoc anywhere in the land...

Out here its more about "ice", domestic violence, surfing, and keeping the tourists safe...

Gangbanging is about .001% of all crimes here...

RARELY any drive-bys, rumbles, etc...

Trust that gangs and banging are WAY overrated here...

fresh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by fresh » June 9th, 2009, 7:19 pm

I personally knew some G's that moved to Hawaii from wsi. when i talked to them a few years a go, they said hawaii was a chill back vacation spot. hahahaha They had some heads trying to make noise, but hawaii is not like LA. Now they dont even bang and a lot of them are just dont do nothing and smoke ice. And thats from a old school wsi g.

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonOne » June 10th, 2009, 12:09 pm

True...On a real note hawaii does have gangs but a lot is "baby" small time wanna be'z, nobody iz tryna get real down...there...yep pretty much chill back spot.

tam10
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: the city

Unread post by tam10 » June 10th, 2009, 5:02 pm

The gang is mostly flips now. They has a better rep back in the days when they were mostly a Chamorran gang.

tam10
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: the city

Unread post by tam10 » June 10th, 2009, 5:05 pm

The gang is mostly flips now. They *has a better rep back in the days when they were mostly a Chamorran gang.
*had

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » June 10th, 2009, 7:29 pm

tam10 wrote:The gang is mostly flips now. They has a better rep back in the days when they were mostly a Chamorran gang.
Haven't they been predominantly filipino since the early '90s? They've always had a strong rep. If you're talking about their rep nowadays I think they're pretty much dead.

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonOne » June 11th, 2009, 2:25 am

filipino/chamorro gang...but they pretty did exile in the yrs/defunct

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 25th, 2009, 3:23 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:never heard of WSI that much arent they some filipinos that wannabe samoans
west side islanders is dead.

last time i ran into one was back in county about 10-11 years ago. even then his hood was dead.

they ain't pinoy wannabe samoans by the way.

it's a guamanian hood. obviously not too many guamanians around so they never got deep. they had a lot of pinoy heads though.

okiedokie
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by okiedokie » August 9th, 2009, 10:47 pm

All I know about WSI is that they had a couple of dudes from Cerritos STS that hood hopped to WSI.

I think they had a few Chicanos there too.. WSI wasn't STRAIGHT up polys, they had every flavor from Viets etc. One of their "moments" was (be advised I wasn't there but more than a handful have told me, plus I saw it on a video back in 97) at some talent show in the South Gate/South Bay area where they stood in front of a building taunting Cerritos STS members who were all standing behind the main double doors, the police dept and several security officers were on the scene in the middle of them making sure no one crosses the line, all I heard in the background was "fu** kakanas," when the person who was taking the video turned towards the Cerritos STS side, they just stood there. I was pretty shocked because Cerritos STS has or had a solid reputation for not backing down, also they were the most active STS (as in putting in a lot of heat work).. who knows, I'll never know, maybe they stood in silence because they wanted to hit at the right time.. maybe they weren't stupid because in front of them stood Police officers with guns at the ready telling WSI to back away. All in all it made Cerritos look like a bunch of punks, even though that may not have been the case (punkin out).

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 10th, 2009, 12:28 am

Check out this foto taken not that long ago in Seattle:
Is that them?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » August 10th, 2009, 1:21 am

^I'm curious about where you got info about heads hood hopping from one to the other. I don't claim to kno everything but I think that might be false.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » August 10th, 2009, 5:13 am

seattle surenos? they throw snowballs at each other

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » August 10th, 2009, 11:52 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Check out this foto taken not that long ago in Seattle:
Is that them?
WSI in seattle? haha u could tell those cats are from long beach islanders lolz with the LBC writing and the 562 area code yup they from long beach haha.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 13th, 2009, 1:59 am

Haha, good old Eyeliners man.

I never liked these fools since before I started banging. My homeboy's (who was filipino) older sister was from WSI, dude was like one of my best friends back when I was in like 6-7th grade, used to always kick at hsi pad. I guess his sister found out my older brother was from ABZ and one day when I was leaving his house she had her homeboys waiting for me, straight beat me down on my way home, I was 12 years old at the time, all these fools were like 17-18-19 yrs old, some cheap sh--.
After that my brother put me on to whats what and said I couldn't kick it with my homeboy no more, stuff like that sucks man, senseless and stupid now that I think about it.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Are they just an Asian gang, or do they claim crips or anything?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Are they just an Asian gang, or do they claim crips or anything?

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » August 13th, 2009, 3:20 pm

We Sell Ice cream gang isn't really that big, they only big on the Westside of long beach