Can Asian gangs be mapped?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Can Asian gangs be mapped?

Unread post by alexalonso » March 11th, 2012, 7:37 pm

I have mapped all Blood, Crip, and Hispanic gangs in LA but have only a couple of Asian gangs. Do they all have turfs in LA?

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Re: Can Asian gangs be mapped?

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » March 20th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Gangs in Long Beach can definitely be mapped. Asian gangs in other cities are impossible to map. They claim no turf from what I can tell.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 20th, 2012, 9:10 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:Gangs in Long Beach can definitely be mapped. Asian gangs in other cities are impossible to map. They claim no turf from what I can tell.
I figured the ones in Monterey park are difficult to map.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » March 20th, 2012, 9:12 pm

I think it would be waste of time now, asians aint rollin like that no more. Only the pinoy gangs in LA (city) and cambodian gangs in LB ever really held identifiable turf. Samoans/tongans hold turf wherever they stay, they staying somewhat more active than asian gangs are. Most of the asian gangs were out in the suburbs and just claimed whole cities. Some maybe had rough territories or areas you knew where you could probably find em. But mostly they had just specific spots they posted up at, bars/billiards/clubs/parks/restaurants/etc. Alot of shit that went down was commuted haha. I remember how shit would pop off between dudes from Westco and Gardena at a party in Glendale, or between Carson and Long Beach at a club in Hollywood.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 20th, 2012, 11:19 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:I think it would be waste of time now, asians aint rollin like that no more. Only the pinoy gangs in LA (city) and cambodian gangs in LB ever really held identifiable turf. Samoans/tongans hold turf wherever they stay, they staying somewhat more active than asian gangs are. Most of the asian gangs were out in the suburbs and just claimed whole cities. Some maybe had rough territories or areas you knew where you could probably find em. But mostly they had just specific spots they posted up at, bars/billiards/clubs/parks/restaurants/etc. Alot of shit that went down was commuted haha. I remember how shit would pop off between dudes from Westco and Gardena at a party in Glendale, or between Carson and Long Beach at a club in Hollywood.

I should ask, which Asian gang can be mapped with turf, and with Asian gangs had "areas"?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » March 23rd, 2012, 9:13 am

it wouldn't be worth it.

so many asian gangs come and go and they're all spread out as far as membership.

in the old days (80's-90's) you probaby could have.

satanas , jefrox , mabuhay pinoy , pinoy real , etc. had their own little areas in los angeles and nela.

van nuys asian boyz in valerio gardens in van nuys as well as spots in reseda and canoga park.

long beach abz , trg , cbc had their own little areas in long beach.

laob was in the pueblos with the five deuce bishops. they don't even exist anymore i don't think.

but nowadays?

all the pinoy gangs in los angeles/nela are gone. i guess a lot of the pinoys moved to the burbs.

long beach you probably could still do but i heard trg and cbc is on the downlow bigtime.

san gabriel valley has so many hoods and different sides of the same hood and they're sprinkled all over the place i wouldn't bother.

san fernando valley asian gang scene is gone. just mickey mouse filipino gangs from rich neighborhoods like porter ranch and granada hills. van nuys asian boyz aren't even active much over there nowadays. they still got heads doing business but most of their youngsters i've met lived in san gabriel valley and even a few from orange county.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » April 15th, 2012, 3:35 pm

You can map Long Beach and South/Central LA Asian Hoods, good luck with the rest.

As stated in this thread, most folks who claim a certain set are out of towners. You've got W/S VBZ heads from Westminster, V/N ABZ from Santa Ana, etc. True to the "mobile" mechanics of the asian hood. It's a family thing, just about any city with a high concentration of Asians is going to have some gang members, but bet your bottom dollar they're gonna be repping a hood 4 cities over because someone's cousin's girlfriend's nephew their uncle is cool with threw a party and they got put on after they hit it off.

Hell, even Long beach hoods, black included, have heads repping from surrounding cities, westminster, garden grove, bellflower, lakewood, etc.

If I'm not mistaken though, someone posted a google map on this site of Hoods in LBC and had mapped the major asian hoods almost to a T, though they did get 20s and Insane's turf flipped backwards.

You'd have fun with it though, Lonso, mapping LB. It ain't so straight forward as just coloring in a 2-3 block area like with black and hispanic hoods. You'll have half a block, and then 3 blocks over the same hood will have 2 streets on lock, and then another street north of that, park here, culdesac there.

have fun.
lol

Toyoungyes
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by Toyoungyes » September 5th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Making Asian gangs in Long Beach would be kind of tricky sicne they their turf shifts a lot or they just live in other gangs turf. Though probably Asian Boyz, Suis Town, Tiny Raskal Gang, can probably be mapped.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 22nd, 2012, 12:22 pm

Toyoungyes wrote:Making Asian gangs in Long Beach would be kind of tricky sicne they their turf shifts a lot or they just live in other gangs turf. Though probably Asian Boyz, Suis Town, Tiny Raskal Gang, can probably be mapped.
Where are Suis Town, TRG and ABZ located?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 24th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Suis main and original stronghold was off 15th (between alamitos(W) and Cherry(E)), by cal rec. They've since lost their foothold over that area and, though they are still present, are really scattered and have a few spots on 12th and others. They were never that large, and were known as shooters for ABZ back in the day.

ABZ is Aaaaaaal over LB, but the biggest and most locked down spot they hold is new york street, south of 15th, between Linden and Alamitos (but most concentrated between MLK and Alamitos)...see the correlation between the hoods now?
ABZ also holds Cherry Apartments, which they took from TRG (see the difficulty in mapping now, it's still like c and b hoods were in the 80s, turf is up for grabs when a war pops) as well as St. Louis blocc ABZ, between 15th(n) and 10th(s) but mainly between 15(n) and Anaheim(s)....there goes that 15th street again.
North Side ABZ is another store, as you know the northside is completely different from the east, very compton-esque right down to compton hoods influencing and even pushing territory so they're transient these days. especially after 08-09 where a series of (retired, and young) n/s abz were getting killed in broad daylight by n/s longo.

TRG...you won't map them in LB right now man, they're ghost...same with CBC, the beef between S.E.A Clicc (Suis, EFCC, ABZ) pluuuuuuuuus the beef with all Sur hoods took it's toll on them both. They were once cliqued up, like SEA was, but when TRG started also beefing with CBC...it was just too much. Especially once they also started getting rolled up like rugs by the LBPD because, well, they were straight shooters.

On top of all this, Lonso, you've got all these little seemingly No-name gangs which are actually subsets/cliques of all the aforementioned hoods which pop up, roll solo from the actual hood, and claim dead ends and parks waaaaaaaaaaaay outside the bounds I mentioned which make it hard to keep up.

562 is funny like that, even 20s and ICG have heads from out of town, lakewood, bellflower, artesia, Hawaiian gardens...so imagine how little amt of asians there are in comparison to blacks, so they recruit anyone whos down, regardless of if they live in the hood.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 25th, 2012, 9:35 am

Worth mentioning that, coincidentally, I'm moving back to CA and looking for spots...found a few vacancies at Cherry Manor I was talking about and the rent is ~300$ more than it was back in the day so idk if ABZ still holding that spot in the north. Maybe just St. Louis now because idk why anyone would pay upwards of 950-1100 for a shit hole in North Long Beach lol

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 26th, 2012, 1:16 am

I wish I spent more time in Long Beach, it sounds interesting to have black, Hispanic and asian gangs in the same region like that. I dont think there is anywhere else in LA COunty like that.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » November 26th, 2012, 3:46 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:Worth mentioning that, coincidentally, I'm moving back to CA and looking for spots...found a few vacancies at Cherry Manor I was talking about and the rent is ~300$ more than it was back in the day so idk if ABZ still holding that spot in the north. Maybe just St. Louis now because idk why anyone would pay upwards of 950-1100 for a shit hole in North Long Beach lol
Welcome back! Ha my parents live out in north long beach and yeah price has been going up. They have been building some new stores such as the ross across the street form the cherry apartments even though that store has nothing worth buying. Lakewood mall area also been re developing the 24 hours gym and a new target was built on cherry right near the 91 fwy. Guess they're trying to clean up northtown but it still is hella hood.

Toyoungyes
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by Toyoungyes » November 27th, 2012, 10:17 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:Suis main and original stronghold was off 15th (between alamitos(W) and Cherry(E)), by cal rec. They've since lost their foothold over that area and, though they are still present, are really scattered and have a few spots on 12th and others. They were never that large, and were known as shooters for ABZ back in the day.

ABZ is Aaaaaaal over LB, but the biggest and most locked down spot they hold is new york street, south of 15th, between Linden and Alamitos (but most concentrated between MLK and Alamitos)...see the correlation between the hoods now?
ABZ also holds Cherry Apartments, which they took from TRG (see the difficulty in mapping now, it's still like c and b hoods were in the 80s, turf is up for grabs when a war pops) as well as St. Louis blocc ABZ, between 15th(n) and 10th(s) but mainly between 15(n) and Anaheim(s)....there goes that 15th street again.
North Side ABZ is another store, as you know the northside is completely different from the east, very compton-esque right down to compton hoods influencing and even pushing territory so they're transient these days. especially after 08-09 where a series of (retired, and young) n/s abz were getting killed in broad daylight by n/s longo.

TRG...you won't map them in LB right now man, they're ghost...same with CBC, the beef between S.E.A click (Suis, EFCC, ABZ) pluuuuuuuuus the beef with all Sur hoods took it's toll on them both. They were once cliqued up, like SEA was, but when TRG started also beefing with CBC...it was just too much. Especially once they also started getting rolled up like rugs by the LBPD because, well, they were straight shooters.

On top of all this, Lonso, you've got all these little seemingly No-name gangs which are actually subsets/cliques of all the aforementioned hoods which pop up, roll solo from the actual hood, and claim dead ends and parks waaaaaaaaaaaay outside the bounds I mentioned which make it hard to keep up.

562 is funny like that, even 20s and ICG have heads from out of town, lakewood, bellflower, artesia, Hawaiian gardens...so imagine how little amt of asians there are in comparison to blacks, so they recruit anyone whos down, regardless of if they live in the hood.
Is ESL and 18th street around there Cherry ave and 15th too, because I''m pretty sure i've seen a 18th street tagging getting crossed out by them

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 28th, 2012, 4:20 pm

alexalonso wrote:I wish I spent more time in Long Beach, it sounds interesting to have black, Hispanic and asian gangs in the same region like that. I dont think there is anywhere else in LA COunty like that.
Yeah, not even the Pueblos and surroundings got it going on like that, in such large numbers that is. It was interesting to say the very least, especially for the 1st generation American born asians. Most folks get it as a "struggle for identity" when, in reality, their identity was a mix of their parents discipline(or lack thereof), culture and religion, clashing with Hispanic and African American street culture and style which kinda bled into what we know today as (Long Beach) Asian street gang culture. Folks wanna call it biting style or whatever but thats what these kids grew up with.
Juxtapose that with the "FOBby" asians from other areas who walled themselves off from the outside, banding together and fighting off the change/difference around them and it's literally a whole other breed, so-to-speak.

With me being a 3rd generation, and a mutt, and having a step family who was hispanic (half of which had fam out in Montebello/Atwater from a Pinoy hood) it was quite interesting being able to somewhat safely cross bounds and meet and see the things Ive seen.

When I get back, come through some time and we'll show you some love round Cambodia town, Lonso.
Proverbz wrote: Welcome back! Ha my parents live out in north long beach and yeah price has been going up. They have been building some new stores such as the ross across the street form the cherry apartments even though that store has nothing worth buying. Lakewood mall area also been re developing the 24 hours gym and a new target was built on cherry right near the 91 fwy. Guess they're trying to clean up northtown but it still is hella hood.
thanks holmes.
and yes it is, section 8 keeping it rolling up there i guess. I even found ads for spots in the Litos running almost 1000 a month for a 1bdr...what the fu*k!? Honestly, if they can clean up the area on the outside I hope it does get better on the inside. Not by simply pushing fools out but maybe making them feel less grimey and wanting to change for hte better. I used to hate visiting the north for that reason, it literally felt dirty. The last bit of time I spent on the street before I got locked up I lived on St. Louis blocc and it were some of the worst years I remember, right after the worst of the war between TRG when they retook the apartments.
Toyoungyes wrote: Is ESL and 18th street around there Cherry ave and 15th too, because I''m pretty sure i've seen a 18th street tagging getting crossed out by them
Nah, no 18th street holding a hood in the beach, but theyve been beefing it with Longo for a minute. I explained in another thread, it's easy for out of towners to get a pass in a lot of LB since the main roads present the image of a more affluent community for those driving through getting to belmont shores or bixby and shit. So 18th streeters roll through and hit up...you won't find 18th hit ups in the heart of a Longo hood though I'll say that much. Plus, with as sprawling as the city is, and as sprawling as 18th is overall, I wouldn't doubt theres a few of those fools living in the beach but they know better than to try and set up shop in a city where the only hispanic hood(s) have been down for almost 70 years.
It'd be like 18th trying to set up shop in Hawaiian Gardens or Arta, it just ain't gonna happen when the already established hoods are 5-6+ generations deep.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 6th, 2012, 12:41 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:
Toyoungyes wrote: Is ESL and 18th street around there Cherry ave and 15th too, because I''m pretty sure i've seen a 18th street tagging getting crossed out by them
Nah, no 18th street holding a hood in the beach, but theyve been beefing it with Longo for a minute. I explained in another thread, it's easy for out of towners to get a pass in a lot of LB since the main roads present the image of a more affluent community for those driving through getting to belmont shores or bixby and shit. So 18th streeters roll through and hit up...you won't find 18th hit ups in the heart of a Longo hood though I'll say that much. Plus, with as sprawling as the city is, and as sprawling as 18th is overall, I wouldn't doubt theres a few of those fools living in the beach but they know better than to try and set up shop in a city where the only hispanic hood(s) have been down for almost 70 years.
It'd be like 18th trying to set up shop in Hawaiian Gardens or Arta, it just ain't gonna happen when the already established hoods are 5-6+ generations deep.
User MiChuhSuh once wrote about 18th Street in Long Beach on this string. So what is it?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » December 6th, 2012, 7:37 am

That fool was known to spread misinfo, no?

If 18th ever held turf or even attempted to set up shop in the beach it'd have been news for a minute and then quashed by Longo. Longo been around for too long to let folks come in claiming, carving up their hood. The only reason the asians were able to do it is because we moved in deep as civilians, then later cliqued up and, as discussed, don't really hold down any part of longo hood but rather locked down spots on the outskirts of ICGs turf. Turf that was, at the time, actually SoS's neighborhood who gave us protection while we got up and running.

Anyone claiming 18th in LB is either an out of towner taking up space, or a Longo reject who knows the history between 18th and Longo. 18th showed their ass against longo right when around the time the green light on Asians was popping off, just before Barrio Pobre flipped the script and started popping Asians but during that time you know how many out of towner hoods were beefing in the beach? Asians were coming down from as far as Washington state to put in work, Samoans visiting from Hawaii were getting down on vacation, and hoods like 18 were coming in doing what they did best back then in trying to exploit a weakness (this was when 18th was pushing spots all over LA county and bleeding deep into OC even). When W/S Longo got "cool" with E/S again, and N/S Longo started getting their numbers back and all the little straggler Mexican hoods on the East got absorbed into Longo for protection against the Asians *coughStonerscough* there was no way Longo was being pushed.

Let's play the hypothetical "if" game though, IF you were looking for an 18th street "hood" anywhere in the beach your best bet would be to look to the Northwest. Banner circle got carved out and toted as "condos" and lots of out of towners moved in and there could potentially be anyone from any hood living in there amidst the more, affluent, white folks moving in to banner circle apartments.

For them to survive in the beach they'd have to lay sooooooo low, low like TRG and CBC who still exist but you'd be damned if you ever saw one claiming. They'd be sandwiched between N/S Longo, Mac Mafia, Bricc Blocc, W/S Longo, 32nd Street SoS Ceewees, and 69th KASFG or whatever the fuck those fools are called. They'd need to rely on peace with all those hoods who also hate longo to give them a pass just to get to the grocery store.

Long story short, if 18th has a real presence in the beach they're not gonna make that shit known anywhere near where they really post up. Might as well slap targets on their backs.

Oh, and as far as Micah suh's claims that Mexicans (from 18) were policing the streets protecting Asians, never happened. Even civilian hispanics had hatred and/or fear of the Asians during those days because the Asians were popping as many Civilians as the Longos were back then. Fools were getting chased and shot at it broad daylight in heavily populated residential neighborhoods and yet the only witnesses who "saw" anything were the folks getting shot at.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » December 7th, 2012, 3:23 pm

i've seen a taggin that said "18" on long beach blvd and anahiem street but it look like a claimer that wrote that! :lol: ain't no 18th street gang around the beach smh