Origins of Asian Gangs in Los Angeles

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Origins of Asian Gangs in Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 22nd, 2012, 11:12 pm

Bahala Nalang Gang BNG? - originally a prison gang in Philippines.

Satanas STS - originally a clique of Temple Street. I have heard 2 stories from STS over the years. Some STS admit that they were a clique of TST. Others say they started out as a car club that had TST members in it. Either way there was a TST connection.

Wah Ching WC - originated in San Francisco. Either they were started up as muscle for Hop Sing or they started working for them later.

Van Nuys Asian Boys/z ABS/Z - originally called Asian Boy Style before becoming Asian Boys and Asian Boyz.

West Side Asian Boyz ABZ - started up as Monterey Park ABZ by LA ABI Asian Boys Insanity/Insane from Chinatown.

Tau Gamma Pinoy TGP - Tau Gamma Phi fraternity in Philippines.

Akrho Pinoy AKP - Alpha Kappa Rho fraternity in Philippines.

Cool Boys CBS - originated from Viet Ching. I've heard it referred to before as Viet Ching Cool Boys.

Black Dragon BD - heard they originated from Viet Ching just as Cool Boys did.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Origins of Asian Gangs in Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 22nd, 2012, 11:31 pm

Real Pinoy Brothers RPB - originally from San Francisco area. Daly City?

Scouts Royale Brotherhood SRB - another fraternity gang originally from Philippines.

Tiny Raskal Gang TRG - originated from a crew called TR, heard it referred to as Teenage Rapists. Don't know if it was a diss or that's what they were actually called. Also heard claims that TRG was started in Orange County, though Long Beach is the common story.

Long Beach Asian Boyz ABZ - originally a crew called Ultimate New Wave or Ultimate Wave Warriors. I've heard both names. Also note that there was also guys from TR who got in ABZ and some from the Wave crew became TRG.

Suicidal Town ST - a clique of Sons of Samoa

Crazy Brother Clan CBC - heard it was originally Cold Blooded Cambodians but had to change it because they were getting sweated by the Crips for having blood in the name.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 22nd, 2012, 11:40 pm

Feel free to add more to the list or correct me if i wrong on some I listed. You know how stories change on the streets and on the inside. Hell some guys don't even know their own hood's history.

Older Pinoys let me know about Hell Side Gang and Jefrox. Heard about some connections with STS when they started not sure though.

For the Long Beach guys, correct me on the LB histories. LB wasn't my area back in the days.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California

Unread post by alexalonso » December 27th, 2012, 2:35 am

there should be a distinction between Chinese gangs, Filipino, Korean and Cambodian gangs..

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 27th, 2012, 8:36 pm

alexalonso wrote:there should be a distinction between Chinese gangs, Filipino, Korean and Cambodian gangs..
there use to be distinction between them but not anymore.

back in 80's-90's.....

most of the pinoy gangs started as stoner gangs that turned cholo later. your satanas, rebel boys, mp13, pr. very hispanic influenced. the frat pinoy gangs like tgp and akp were different, more like violent party crews.

the chinese were organized crime types or organized hustling crews. all about money. these were your wc, black dragon, cool boys.

the cambodians were rowdy street gangs that were very black influenced. claiming crips or blood like abz, laob, olb.

the koreans had 2 types, some operated like the chinese dudes others were in pinoy originated/type gangs like flip town mob, jefrox, crazys.

the viets varied. some operated like the chinese, others more street.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » December 28th, 2012, 4:44 pm

alexalonso wrote:there should be a distinction between Chinese gangs, Filipino, Korean and Cambodian gangs..
I agree with Judas, it's hard to find Asian ethno-specific anymore these days. The conditions which caused them to form in the first place are non existent these days, as evidenced in the fall in Asian gang membership since the late 90s. It's also less appealing to Asian youth to want to bang these days. With numbers low hoods couldn't be choosey when it came down to it if they wanted to stay afloat. Just look at all the relatively well known and extremely active, in their time, Korean gangs who sought to maintain ethnospecifity and waned after only a generation. Or a gang like LVM which at one point was a Pinoy gang, named "Luzon Visaya MIndanao/Mobsters" which, after a generation of spreading out from Montebello into SELA and OC saw a swing in membership and, thusly, LVM went from including the names of 2 Philippine islands to "Little Viet Mafia" and then "Lao Viet Mafia."

I think, also, with it being almost 2013 now the ethnic and cultural divide of once tight knit, nearly closed off communities has retracted a great deal. Back in the day, in places where one (asian) ethnicity was the majority, they used to hate on the other ethnic groups, blindly. In OC, back in the days where there were like 29,000 Viet gangs roaming the streets (lol) a lot of them used to straight hate on Pinoys and, subsequently, the Pinoy hoods in the area. Just because they were pinoy. You'd be hard pressed to see any Asian other than a Viet in a Viet gang back then, yet they had whites, blacks and hispanics in their ranks. While the Pinoy hoods in the area took on the overflow of Koreans left behind from when the K gangs faded out.
You just don't see that much these days, at least I don't.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » December 29th, 2012, 6:12 pm

I also agree for the most part with Judas breakdown too as well as Bullets. Not too many "pure" asian gangs around anymore. Kenside WCs in Hawthorne/Gardena were already mixed as hell around '98 and on: japanese, koreans, pinoys, viets, etc. BNGs were all mixed up too. I think the exception would be Viet and Korean gangs seems like they always stick to they own more then most. Also the pinoy gangs in Carson were pretty "pure" besides the occasional samoan, mexican or black member. Speaking of which, I'd argue the pinoy gangs in Carson have a seperate history from the ones in LA and elsewere and developed under different influences. Aside from CPC they seemed to be more black influenced then the other pinoy sets in LAC. I remember tripping out when I started venturing out from the southbay more and colliding with the other pinoys in other places and seeing them extra cholo'd up...

LOL Bullet I hear you on that hate for pinoys bit, i was in OC for a good minute back when I was still with my baby mama, she Viet. I remember running into some of that. Made me laugh though cuz they never even met a pinoy how they even have an opino let a lone hate?? Shiet, growing up one of my closest potnas is Viet, so that shit caught me off guard when I was down there. When I told him about it he was like "yeah, some are like that, but they hate everybody else too" haha. Case in point my ex's parents didn't like me when they first met me, they thought i was cambodian haha

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » December 31st, 2012, 10:55 am

judastaugamma wrote:
there use to be distinction between them but not anymore.

back in 80's-90's.....

most of the pinoy gangs started as stoner gangs that turned cholo later. your satanas, rebel boys, mp13, pr. very hispanic influenced. the frat pinoy gangs like tgp and akp were different, more like violent party crews.

the chinese were organized crime types or organized hustling crews. all about money. these were your wc, black dragon, cool boys.

the cambodians were rowdy street gangs that were very black influenced. claiming crips or blood like abz, laob, olb.

the koreans had 2 types, some operated like the chinese dudes others were in pinoy originated/type gangs like flip town mob, jefrox, crazys.

the viets varied. some operated like the chinese, others more street.
damn bro u pretty much explain it all u know wassup! 8)

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » December 31st, 2012, 10:59 am

SB Tisoy wrote:I also agree for the most part with Judas breakdown too as well as Bullets. Not too many "pure" asian gangs around anymore. Kenside WCs in Hawthorne/Gardena were already mixed as hell around '98 and on: japanese, koreans, pinoys, viets, etc. BNGs were all mixed up too. I think the exception would be Viet and Korean gangs seems like they always stick to they own more then most. Also the pinoy gangs in Carson were pretty "pure" besides the occasional samoan, mexican or black member. Speaking of which, I'd argue the pinoy gangs in Carson have a seperate history from the ones in LA and elsewere and developed under different influences. Aside from CPC they seemed to be more black influenced then the other pinoy sets in LAC. I remember tripping out when I started venturing out from the southbay more and colliding with the other pinoys in other places and seeing them extra cholo'd up...

LOL Bullet I hear you on that hate for pinoys bit, i was in OC for a good minute back when I was still with my baby mama, she Viet. I remember running into some of that. Made me laugh though because they never even met a pinoy how they even have an opino let a lone hate?? Shiet, growing up one of my closest potnas is Viet, so that shit caught me off guard when I was down there. When I told him about it he was like "yeah, some are like that, but they hate everybody else too" haha. Case in point my ex's parents didn't like me when they first met me, they thought i was cambodian haha
when u look at pinoys and cambodians, the race looks so similar base on look :lol: I know the fact that back in history the Vietnamese never liked us so that why ur ex parent's didn't like u.

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: WestSide LA

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » April 17th, 2013, 3:07 pm

They say OLB was created because of the racism from the Mexicans in Central Los Angeles.

They say OB was created because of the racism from the Blacks in South Central Los Angeles.

They say TRG was created because of the racism from the Mexicans in East Side Long Beach.

They say Moon Light Strangers was created because of the racism from the Vietnamese in Stockton.

They say Wah Ching was created because of the prejudice from the American Born Chinese in San Francisco.

Racism is the result of poverty. Look at them now. Much love to the big homies who stayed strong and steered the youngsters to the right direction.