Dever Lanes of Pasadena (aka Devil Lanes)

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
SMOKINBUDDA

PASADENA DEVIL LANE BLOODS??

Unread post by SMOKINBUDDA » May 4th, 2004, 4:06 pm

anybody know any info on this click some little gangsta claiming this shit on mad headz but i never heard of it.....

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: PASADENA DEVIL LANE BLOODS??

Unread post by rocstar » May 4th, 2004, 8:25 pm

Devils Lane is Pasadena Denver Lanes. Devils Lane was there original name. Some of they G's still say it

SMOKINBUDDA

Re: PASADENA DEVIL LANE BLOODS??

Unread post by SMOKINBUDDA » May 4th, 2004, 11:01 pm

are they down as they say they are cuz i got beef with one of there youngsta's some freshmen claimin devil lane on everybody he see's

~CMA~gLoVeS

PASADENA DENVER LANE

Unread post by ~CMA~gLoVeS » May 9th, 2004, 11:05 pm

any body know anythin about this set and if there still reppin hard on the streets these days??

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re: PASADENA DENVER LANE

Unread post by youngspade » May 10th, 2004, 6:01 am

~CMA~gLoVeS wrote:any body know anythin about this set and if there still reppin hard on the streets these days??

heck yeh them niggas still banging

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Pasadena Bloods

Unread post by DiaBo » October 22nd, 2004, 4:46 pm

1.Parke Nine Bloods
2.Pasadena Denver Lane
3.Project Gangster Bloods
4.Summit Street Bloods
5. Tip Top Bloods

Do some of these Bloods Setts still exist and are active what are there boundaries peace

Anonymous20

Re: Pasadena Bloods

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 7th, 2005, 12:40 am

I think that the Parke Nines are inactive, but there may be another hood called Low End Bloods.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 9th, 2005, 12:54 pm

anin't squiggley lane out there in pasadena

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 9th, 2005, 1:19 pm

raphead2001 wrote:anin't squiggley lane out there in pasadena
Yeah, Squiggley is on the northside of Pasadena, by Altadena. I dont know how active they are though.

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » February 17th, 2005, 8:42 am

LOW END BLOODS? WHERE U GET THAT FROM???

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » March 11th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Inroads made toward area truce

This article was in the star news today (3-11-05) According to the article, there have been problems between Blood sets in Pasadena. It mentions Pasadena and Altadena, but there are no Blood gangs that I know of in Altadena. I think when the P-Nines started, they broke off from PDL because of in-fighting. Does anyone know which sub-sets were feuding?? This sounds like a positive thing for Pasadena.

Ex-gang members gather to establish peace

By Marshall Allen , Staff Writer

PASADENA -- A group of former gang members who say they still have influence on the streets gathered Thursday night to discuss their plans to bring about a truce between street gangs in Pasadena and Altadena.
The men met at the Community Arms apartment complex, where they planned their inaugural event, a picnic Saturday at Robinson Park. There, current and former members of street gangs and their families are scheduled to unite for food and friendly competition. Even the Pasadena Police Department's gang unit is invited.

Members of the group which has dubbed itself "The Movement' represented three rival subsets of the Bloods street gang. The men are declaring a truce between the gangs that they hope will be the seeds of peace on the streets.

"Dudes with real influence on the streets are right here in this room,' said Tim Rhambo, 36. "We have direct contact to the gang members.'

Rhambo, who works at The Sycamores group home in Altadena and as a boxing instructor at Villa Park Recreational Center, said the significance of former leaders of the three gangs uniting will draw notice among the active gang members.

"It just lets them know that you're not a punk if you try to get along,' he said.

Ricky Pickens, 28, the gang and community liaison for the Pasadena Police Department, coordinated Thursday's meeting. It was attended by about 16 men and mostly involved planning for the picnic. The men have met once a week for the past month and dozens of others have been involved, including some current gang members, Pickens said.

Pickens passed out T-shirts the group created, with "The Movement' on the back and "Unity Builds Strength' on the front. The shirt also depicts two black hands clasped together.

"The more of us that are unified the stronger we are,' Pickens said.

Many of the men were enemies who had never been in the same room before the meetings started, Pickens said. Now, the men involved with The Movement are saying the three gangs must settle their differences, he said.

"It's a bunch of black men saying we're going to get along here in the neighborhood,' Pickens said.

Assuming they achieve a cease- fire, Pickens said they next want to start the "slow process of getting people out of gangs.' Eventually, the vision is to have a truce between all the gangs in Pasadena and Altadena, he said.

Pickens, who also runs a nonprofit organization called Partners in Peace, said he knows people in the city are skeptical about the vision for a truce. He said the initiative's success will require community participation. The men have been attending different churches to show their solidarity to the community, and said they will seek assistance from nonprofits and other organizations.

Lt. John Perez, who leads the gang unit for the Pasadena Police Department, said Pickens has credibility on the street.

"He's been pretty influential with the senior gang members and in the younger kids' lives,' Perez said.

Gang activity is currently minimal and there has been no violence in a couple of months, Perez said. It would not be surprising if the gangs were heading toward a truce, but it's too early to tell, he said. Plus, truces only last until one gang member takes a shot at another, he said.

The entire community needs to work in conjunction to reduce gang activity, Perez said. Young men need things like jobs, mentoring and training to succeed, he said.

Pasadena police Chief Bernard Melekian said that ultimately, the success of any truce depends on the commitment of the individuals involved.

"Anything that reduces the violence is to be applauded and we will do everything we can to make it work,' he said

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » March 13th, 2005, 11:20 am

Peace on the streets

Gang picnic kicks off initiative for truce

By Marshall Allen , Staff Writer

PASADENA -- Dozens of community leaders and former gang members gathered Saturday for an all-day picnic to celebrate unity and harness the enthusiasm they say is building for peace on the streets of Northwest Pasadena.
The picnic at Robinson Park was the kickoff event for what the group is calling "The Movement.' Most of the group which celebrated with sports, hot links and drinks wore white T-shirts with "The Movement' on back and "Unity Builds Strength' on the front. The shirt also depicts two black hands clasped together.

About 60 people attended the picnic by mid-afternoon, but many had come and gone already, organizers said. The people behind the event include former members of three rival Pasadena gangs who are calling for a truce on the city's streets.

Tim Rhambo, 36, still bears gang tattoos on his forearm, but now he works at The Sycamores group home and as a boxing instructor at Villa Park Recreational Center. Rhambo and dozens of others including current gang leaders, he says have been meeting weekly for the past month to discuss a possible truce in Pasadena.

As Rhambo stood on an open basketball court in the park, he was greeted by a young man who said he's been out of prison and on parole for three months. Rhambo gave him a job recruitment flier prepared by the city.

Jobs are available, even for people with felonies, Rhambo told the young man, a gang member.

"He's trying to get his life back on track,' Rhambo said after the young man had left.

People in gangs often try to change their ways, but there are many obstacles to overcome, Rhambo said.

"This is hard, trying to get your feet on the street and get a job,' Rhambo said. "A lot of them get the doors closed in their face and go back to gangs because it's easy.'

Cmdr. Rick Law of the Pasadena Police Department was off duty, but he attended the picnic. Law said he hoped "the people who need the help most' would come to the park, because so many trusted and key African-American leaders were gathered. Even the shortest conversation would have benefits, Law said.

There have been other attempts to galvanize the community for peace, but they are difficult to sustain, Law said. The unity picnic was a good start to the new initiative, but it will be important for the community to provide things like jobs and education programs to provide long-term solutions, he said.

Lt. John Perez, who leads the Pasadena police gang unit, was at the park for about two hours, and called the event "very promising.'

Former gang members were talking to current gang members, intervening in their lives, Perez said. Many leaders from organizations like the Black Male Forum and NAACP were in attendance, he said.

"That's what we're looking for, the community as a whole,' Perez said. "It's not just the police department, it's a group effort.'

Tyrone Ferdinand, 41, a leader in a nonprofit organization called Partners In Peace, has been involved in the meetings leading up to Saturday's event, which he called "just the start.'

The plan is to get the three gangs to stop fighting and then take the concept to other gangs in Pasadena and Altadena, he said.

"By the summer time, this'll be really big,' Ferdinand said.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 15th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Pasa wrote:LOW END BLOODS? WHERE U GET THAT FROM???
low end bloods is apart of pdl same with tip top

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » March 31st, 2005, 2:04 am

Are they "Low End" Bloods because they are on the southern portion of north/west Pasadena (Bottom of the hill???)

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » May 31st, 2005, 7:41 pm

yep

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 14th, 2005, 1:07 pm

I guess Squiggly Lane has been fueding with PDL,,I heard that SLG are not part of PDL, but they are bloods though..but did they start as part of PDL? I heard SLG started in 86-87..Anyone know? J-dizzle?

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 14th, 2005, 1:08 pm

I also heard that Tip Top and Summit St. are the same thing.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 7:06 pm

alonso wrote:
Yeah, Squiggley is on the northside of Pasadena, by Altadena. I dont know how active they are though.
I saw some kids at Muir High claim it, but so far I have ONLY seen youngsters. But they did bang; I just don't know how deep they are.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 7:07 pm

stamps wrote:I also heard that Tip Top and Summit St. are the same thing.
I thought that Summit Street was mostly part of PDL's hood?

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 14th, 2005, 7:39 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
stamps wrote:I also heard that Tip Top and Summit St. are the same thing.
I thought that Summit Street was mostly part of PDL's hood?
It is,,I heard that Tip Top is the same as Summit St. and is a clique of PDL.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 16th, 2005, 10:34 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
alonso wrote:
I saw some kids at Muir High claim it, but so far I have ONLY seen youngsters. But they did bang; I just don't know how deep they are.
By the way they claimed "5-2 Squiggly Lane" to be specific.

And stamps, ya that's what I thought, because that area was part of the PDL injunction.

So why were they listed as different gangs?

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 16th, 2005, 11:41 am

I guess PDL is got so big,,they split into different cliques,,or maybe even different gangs,,because u have PDL Project Gangsters (PJG), PDL Tip Top Bloods (Summitt St.), PDL Low End Bloods,,PDL Squiggley Lane (SLG),,but Sqiggley Lane is fueding with all the others..They even have Altadena Denver Lane now..that's a trip..What does the 5-2 mean?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 16th, 2005, 6:27 pm

stamps wrote:I guess PDL is got so big,,they split into different cliques,,or maybe even different gangs,,because u have PDL Project Gangsters (PJG), PDL Tip Top Bloods (Summitt St.), PDL Low End Bloods,,PDL Squiggley Lane (SLG),,but Sqiggley Lane is fueding with all the others..They even have Altadena Denver Lane now..that's a trip..What does the 5-2 mean?
they claim 52 Squiggly Lane, and honestly I don't know the roads in Pasadena that well, and so if anyone in Pasadena could tell that would help us alot here.

But I'm gonna assume it's either around some sort of 52th Street (if there is one in Pasadena) or it could be the 52nd block of the Lane (again, if there is one)

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 17th, 2005, 1:18 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
stamps wrote:I guess PDL is got so big,,they split into different cliques,,or maybe even different gangs,,because u have PDL Project Gangsters (PJG), PDL Tip Top Bloods (Summitt St.), PDL Low End Bloods,,PDL Squiggley Lane (SLG),,but Sqiggley Lane is fueding with all the others..They even have Altadena Denver Lane now..that's a trip..What does the 5-2 mean?
they claim 52 Squiggly Lane, and honestly I don't know the roads in Pasadena that well, and so if anyone in Pasadena could tell that would help us alot here.

But I'm gonna assume it's either around some sort of 52th Street (if there is one in Pasadena) or it could be the 52nd block of the Lane (again, if there is one)
Ok,,I talked to some people I know in Pasadena and the 5-2 is reference to the 2 OG's that started SLG and their 5 homeboys,,or the 5 OG's and 2 "bitches", depending on who u talk to..There is no 52nd St. in Pasadena..

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 17th, 2005, 8:28 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is unique for a Cali gang, to get numbers like that.

Cool, learn something new everyday.

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » November 19th, 2005, 1:39 pm

stamps low- tip top are all PDL i cant be super specific on tip top but a little nigga i knew was low end said its the bottem of summit tip top would be above washington i could be wrong on that but pretty sure theres also eastside and westside PDL - no one even talks bout the snake pitts on here (king manors) thats the project niggas they just as active as DL or SL. From what i hear EARLY 90'S IT WAS DL 'S JECT'S but the yougsters up in there are on some blac flag shit dissin DL AND SL same with DL'S youngsters dissin the PROJECTS IT GETS PRETTY CONFUSING TO ME I AINT FROM NONE OF THOSE HOODS THOUGH MY HOOD GOTS LOW END AND HIGH END CLIQUES TWO ARES IS BASED ON THE RAIL ROAD TRACS. IF YOU LOW LIFEIN OR HIGH LIFEIN

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 19th, 2005, 2:57 pm

j-dizzle wrote:stamps low- tip top are all PDL i cant be super specific on tip top but a little nigga i knew was low end said its the bottem of summit tip top would be above washington i could be wrong on that but pretty sure theres also eastside and westside PDL - no one even talks bout the snake pitts on here (king manors) thats the project niggas they just as active as DL or SL. From what i hear EARLY 90'S IT WAS DL 'S JECT'S but the yougsters up in there are on some blac flag shit dissin DL AND SL same with DL'S youngsters dissin the PROJECTS IT GETS PRETTY CONFUSING TO ME I AINT FROM NONE OF THOSE HOODS THOUGH MY HOOD GOTS LOW END AND HIGH END CLIQUES TWO ARES IS BASED ON THE RAIL ROAD TRACS. IF YOU LOW LIFEIN OR HIGH LIFEIN
j-dizzle,,that's what I heard too,,I didn't know about the black raggin, but I know alot of the PDL Project Gangsters don't live in the manor anymore, they're spread around N/W Pasadena. I was over there recently and the manor looked clean. PDL Tip Top is the top end of Summit and Woodbury,,(they actually go into Altadena now),,and the ADL's are up there too...Altadena Blocc is north of Ventura...The PDL low ends are near Washington and Summit/Fair Oaks.. I guess there is lots of in-fighting going on within all the PDL's,,and they still fued with Sqiggly Lane too..It's pretty confusing..

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 19th, 2005, 3:01 pm

I take that back,,I know the PJG color is red/black,,but I didn't know the youngsters were flaggin black rags..

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 20th, 2005, 11:31 pm

[quote="stamps"]I take that back,,I know the PJG color is red/black,,but I didn't know the youngsters were flaggin black rags..[/quote

I just saw one dude doing that, didn't know it was a PDL thing.

And ya, Pasadena is confusing, the whole area isn't cramped like LA, there is room to move around and on top of that they don't have a hood in the traditional sense of everyone living on one block, they are more spread out, so they can move around easier.

Actually, that's one of the main reasons the PDL injunction didn't do anything, they just moved around in Pasadena.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » November 21st, 2005, 12:14 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
stamps wrote:I take that back,,I know the PJG color is red/black,,but I didn't know the youngsters were flaggin black rags..[/quote

I just saw one dude doing that, didn't know it was a PDL thing.

And ya, Pasadena is confusing, the whole area isn't cramped like LA, there is room to move around and on top of that they don't have a hood in the traditional sense of everyone living on one block, they are more spread out, so they can move around easier.

Actually, that's one of the main reasons the PDL injunction didn't do anything, they just moved around in Pasadena.
Yea,,and there are alot of Hispanic gangs in pasadena too that fill the void,,Pasadena Latin Kings, Villa Boys, NSP, SSP, ESP, and some more,,but PDL is deep too..

YP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YP » November 29th, 2005, 7:05 pm

ON THE REAL THO......PDL WAS STARTED BY SOME LA CRIPS.........THEN THEM NIKKAZ WENT BACK TO THEY HOODS

THATS THE MUTHAPHUKIN TRUTH

EVEN MAH HOMIE FROM PDL.......KNOW THAT ISH

PASADENA IS DIFFERENT THO; U GOT HELLA RICH PARTS OUT THERE SO MOST NIKKAZ WHO FROM PDL.......NEVER REALLY GOT PUT ON

ITS JUST LIKE BLACKS STUCK TOGETHER AND RODE FOR THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD

THEY WAS BEEFIN WITH THE RAYMONDS AND ALTADENAS

SO THATS WHY U GOT LIKE 5,000 MUTHAPHUKAZ CLAIMIN PDL

IT WAS LIKE A COMMUNITY IN THE EARLY 80's

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » November 30th, 2005, 3:09 am

YP wrote:ON THE REAL THO......PDL WAS STARTED BY SOME LA CRIPS.........THEN THEM NIKKAZ WENT BACK TO THEY HOODS

THATS THE MUTHAPHUKIN TRUTH

EVEN MAH HOMIE FROM PDL.......KNOW THAT ISH

PASADENA IS DIFFERENT THO; U GOT HELLA RICH PARTS OUT THERE SO MOST NIKKAZ WHO FROM PDL.......NEVER REALLY GOT PUT ON

ITS JUST LIKE BLACKS STUCK TOGETHER AND RODE FOR THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD

THEY WAS BEEFIN WITH THE RAYMONDS AND ALTADENAS

SO THATS WHY U GOT LIKE 5,000 MUTHAPHUKAZ CLAIMIN PDL

IT WAS LIKE A COMMUNITY IN THE EARLY 80's

STOP LYING I DON'T BELIEVE SHIT YOU SAID.