The relationship between Brims, Bloods, Pirus and Damus

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

The relationship between Brims, Bloods, Pirus and Damus

Unread post by doobeez » December 4th, 2007, 9:38 pm

I've never been able to understand the difference/relations between:

1-Brims
2-Bloods
4-Piru's- I know they are mostly from Compton(Piru St), but do they have sets that bang Ru in South Central or Inglewood?
5-Damus- Are they Blood/Brim/Piru sets as well, or is this like a general term to describe a Blood?

It seems from my perspective, that Blood sets tend to be more clickish than Crips. Meaning, they don't beef as much as say Crip sets that border each other. The guess here is, since Crips outnumber Bloods, they have a tendency to set-trip more than their Blood counterparts. Bloods, to me, seem to be lookin out for one another more since they are outnumbered. I'm sure there are certain circumstances where Blood sets beef with one another, but it doesn't seem as likely as Crip on Crip. Do Brims/Bloods/ and Piru's, even though they consider themselves different gangs they still are under the Red flag right? I know Piru's will sport a burgendy flag, and Brim's will rep brown or orange as well as Red, and Bloods rep Red only(is this correct?), where do the Damu's fit in? Thanks in advance for answering this question that has probably been exhausted on this forum.... :lol:

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: I know this has been asked 1,000 times, but.....

Unread post by pistolslanga » December 4th, 2007, 9:52 pm

doobeez wrote:I've never been able to understand the difference/relations between:

1-Brims
2-Bloods
4-Piru's- I know they are mostly from Compton(Piru St), but do they have sets that bang Ru in South Central or Inglewood?
5-Damus- Are they Blood/Brim/Piru sets as well, or is this like a general term to describe a Blood?

It seems from my perspective, that Blood sets tend to be more clickish than Crips. Meaning, they don't beef as much as say Crip sets that border each other. The guess here is, since Crips outnumber Bloods, they have a tendency to set-trip more than their Blood counterparts. Bloods, to me, seem to be lookin out for one another more since they are outnumbered. I'm sure there are certain circumstances where Blood sets beef with one another, but it doesn't seem as likely as Crip on Crip. Do Brims/Bloods/ and Piru's, even though they consider themselves different gangs they still are under the Red flag right? I know Piru's will sport a burgendy flag, and Brim's will rep brown or orange as well as Red, and Bloods rep Red only(is this correct?), where do the Damu's fit in? Thanks in advance for answering this question that has probably been exhausted on this forum.... :lol:

Piru's started Bloods, but Piru's are Piru's before they are Bloods... Burgundy is their color.. Damu's are for all brims/blood/pirus, its a word, Damu means brother in swahli.... Brims used to be a gang way before bloods/crips, they joined with piru's and other sets like Denver Lanes to make the Bloods.... They all represent their individual gang name first and then Bloods...

basically, Piru's consider themselves Piru's, but consider Bloods as their Damu's...to make it simple..

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 4th, 2007, 10:08 pm

pistolslanga wrote:
doobeez wrote:I've never been able to understand the difference/relations between:

1-Brims
2-Bloods

Piru's started Bloods, but Piru's are Piru's before they are Bloods... Burgundy is their color.. Damu's are for all brims/blood/pirus, its a word, Damu means brother in swahli.... Brims used to be a gang way before bloods/crips, they joined with piru's and other sets like Denver Lanes to make the Bloods.... They all represent their individual gang name first and then Bloods...

basically, Piru's consider themselves Piru's, but consider Bloods as their Damu's...to make it simple..

Appreciate it slanga, that clears it up a helluva lot for me. So, the Bloods pretty much evolved out of the Ru/Brim gangs, and whether it be a Piru, or Brim, or Blood set, thats who they claim first..A Piru or a Brim is a Blood, but they are Piru's or Brim's first and foremost. And, I never knew that the term DAMU was Swahili. Again, thanks for helpin me keep learnin out here in Kentucky.. 8)

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » December 4th, 2007, 11:39 pm

doobeez wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:

1-Brims
2-Bloods

Appreciate it slanga, that clears it up a helluva lot for me. So, the Bloods pretty much evolved out of the Ru/Brim gangs, and whether it be a Piru, or Brim, or Blood set, thats who they claim first..A Piru or a Brim is a Blood, but they are Piru's or Brim's first and foremost. And, I never knew that the term DAMU was Swahili. Again, thanks for helpin me keep learnin out here in Kentucky.. 8)
its all good, in cali Piru's/Brims get offended if you call em Bloods, Pirus/Brims are their own gang, but their brothers with Bloods and started the Bloods.

some gangs though like Denver Lane adopted the Bloods, they aint Denver lanes first, their only Bloods... DL's been around before bloods/crips also.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » December 4th, 2007, 11:39 pm

doobeez wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:

1-Brims
2-Bloods

its all good, in cali Piru's/Brims get offended if you call em Bloods, Pirus/Brims are their own gang, but their brothers with Bloods and started the Bloods.

some gangs though like Denver Lane adopted the Bloods, they aint Denver lanes first, their only Bloods... DL's been around before bloods/crips also.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » December 5th, 2007, 12:41 am

Damu is the Swahili word for Blood.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 5th, 2007, 1:49 am

1-Brims
2-Bloods

I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN BUT B-DOGS SET TRIP MORE THEN CRIPS ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHER NOW IN DAYS.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 5th, 2007, 6:09 am

Y.G. wrote:

1-Brims
2-Bloods

I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN BUT B-DOGS SET TRIP MORE THEN CRIPS ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHER NOW IN DAYS.

Well, I live in Kentucky and don't really know about which gangs in LA have a tendancy to set-trip more than the other. I'm here as a VIP member(thanks again Alonso) to learn more about this subject. My take was, since Crips outnumber Bloods in number, Bloods might be tighter than Crips. Along the same line of questioning Y.G. which Blood sets are beefin with one another?

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 5th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Y.G. wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN BUT B-DOGS SET TRIP MORE THEN CRIPS ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHER NOW IN DAYS.
I might be getting old, or just disconnected, but this is definitely news to me. I know Blood sets trip on each other, too, but its been my experience that Crips trip on each other way more ... Gang bangin got to this level because of 6-0 and 8-Tray beef, not to mention Hoovers (they beefed with so many Crips they now identify as Gangstas instead of Crips), 40s, etc.

But like I said, I may be getting old or disconnected -- YG, help me out playa -- what's the deal with B-sets trippin on each other these days?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 6th, 2007, 1:33 am

rocstar wrote:Damu is the Swahili word for Blood.
Yep, offtopic, but also in Arabic its "Dam".

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 6th, 2007, 2:19 am

B_One wrote:
Y.G. wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN BUT B-DOGS SET TRIP MORE THEN CRIPS ESPECIALLY ON EACH OTHER NOW IN DAYS.
I might be getting old, or just disconnected, but this is definitely news to me. I know Blood sets trip on each other, too, but its been my experience that Crips trip on each other way more ... Gang bangin got to this level because of 6-0 and 8-Tray beef, not to mention Hoovers (they beefed with so many Crips they now identify as Gangstas instead of Crips), 40s, etc.

But like I said, I may be getting old or disconnected -- YG, help me out playa -- what's the deal with B-sets trippin on each other these days?

FO SHO CRIPS STARTED BEEFIN WITH EACH OTHER FIRST AND KILLIN EACH OTHER FIRST BUT YOU GOT PLENTY OF BLOODS AND PIRUS THAT HAVE BEEF. FIRST YOU PIRUS VS. BHB's, INHP's VS. CMG, APB's VS. BHB's, CPP VS. DLB's, BSV's VS. PUEBLOS AND A LOT MORE THAT GOT TENSION WITH EACH OTHER PLENTY MORE BELIEVE THAT.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 8th, 2007, 4:11 pm

Y.G. wrote:
B_One wrote:

FO SHO CRIPS STARTED BEEFIN WITH EACH OTHER FIRST AND KILLIN EACH OTHER FIRST BUT YOU GOT PLENTY OF BLOODS AND PIRUS THAT HAVE BEEF. FIRST YOU PIRUS VS. BHB's, INHP's VS. CMG, APB's VS. BHB's, CPP VS. DLB's, BSV's VS. PUEBLOS AND A LOT MORE THAT GOT TENSION WITH EACH OTHER PLENTY MORE BELIEVE THAT.

DANG, thats a lot Y.G. and thanks for the reply. I read Monster Kody's book, and obviously all set-trippin he described was mostly between his Eight-Tray's and the NHR60's. I remember one section of that book where Hoover/Gangsta went up against the 60's, and now Hoover/Gangstas are enemies? But anyway, back to Bloods, the CPP/DLB rivalry which has Piru vs. Blood..Are the DLB's in Pasadena? Is it normal for sets this far apart to have a beef?

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 8th, 2007, 8:11 pm

I would assume that the Lanes YG is talkin about are from Los Angeles - not the Dena Lanes. There are 2 sets of Lanes.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » December 8th, 2007, 8:36 pm

2 lane sets, 1 in pasadena and the infamous one on fig n all that mess

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 9th, 2007, 6:56 pm

B_One wrote:I would assume that the Lanes YG is talkin about are from Los Angeles - not the Dena Lanes. There are 2 sets of Lanes.

How far apart are the two turfs..from LA to Compton?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 10th, 2007, 3:30 am

YEAH IT IS/WAS BEEF WITH L.A. LANES AND NOT THE PDL's THEY ARE STRAIGHT WITH US.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 10th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Y.G. wrote:YEAH IT IS/WAS BEEF WITH L.A. LANES AND NOT THE PDL's THEY ARE STRAIGHT WITH US.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » December 10th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Lanes are on the Southern Border of Los Angeles- neighboring Compton. The two turfs are not very far apart..

Gang bangin got to this level because of 6-0 and 8-Tray beef, not to mention Hoovers (they beefed with so many Crips they now identify as Gangstas instead of Crips), 40s, etc.

Only 52 claim Gangsters, the rest Claim Criminals.

The Denver Lane Boys and Athen Park Boys pre-dated the Crips, and cause a lot of Havoc in the early 70s at and around Locke High School.

Brims used to be a gang way before bloods/crips, they joined with piru's and other sets like Denver Lanes to make the Bloods....

Brims got along with Crips before the blood movement was solidified. And as you all know by now, the Piru Street Boys were also Crips before turning Piru. The Jungle Boys, Blodstones, Outlaws, and others were non-blood gangs but would eventually join the other names mention in this discussion as Bloods.

relo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by relo » December 11th, 2007, 1:10 am

YEA IT LOT OF HISTORY FOR BEHIND THE START OF BLOODS. MAN LIKE IT DEPENDS IF U PIRU BRIMS OR LANES OR JUST ANOTHER BLOOD SET OR STONE WHAT YO HISTORY ON HOW YO SET GOT STARTED

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 18th, 2007, 4:45 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:How far apart are the two turfs..from LA to Compton?
Lanes are on the Southern Border of Los Angeles- neighboring Compton. The two turfs are not very far apart..

Gang bangin got to this level because of 6-0 and 8-Tray beef, not to mention Hoovers (they beefed with so many Crips they now identify as Gangstas instead of Crips), 40s, etc.

Only 52 claim Gangsters, the rest Claim Criminals.

The Denver Lane Boys and Athen Park Boys pre-dated the Crips, and cause a lot of Havoc in the early 70s at and around Locke High School.

Brims used to be a gang way before bloods/crips, they joined with piru's and other sets like Denver Lanes to make the Bloods....

Brims got along with Crips before the blood movement was solidified. And as you all know by now, the Piru Street Boys were also Crips before turning Piru. The Jungle Boys, Blodstones, Outlaws, and others were non-blood gangs but would eventually join the other names mention in this discussion as Bloods.

"Brims got along with Crips before the blood movement was solidified. And as you all know by now, the Piru Street Boys were also Crips before turning Piru. The Jungle Boys, Blodstones, Outlaws, and others were non-blood gangs but would eventually join the other names mention in this discussion as Bloods"

All-hood, do you think this is what caused major beefs between B'S/C'S because some sets used to be Crip before turning to Blood? I mean it sounds like a general question, but I would imagine that the Compton Ru's and Compton Crips would have more serious issues since they both originated from the same area?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: The relationship between Brims, Bloods, Pirus and Damus

Unread post by alexalonso » April 16th, 2011, 9:03 pm

- Brims are most all West Side Bloods, that throw of the love hand sign, pinky, index and thumb.
- Pirus are Compton based with a few scattered in LA
- Damu is just another word that means Blood
- Blood is what they all are at the end of the day.

for the most part they all get along, the only exception is the rivalry between the Blood Stone Villains and the Pueblo Bloods which started back in December of 2000 or 2001. They went at it hard for about 5 years and even though they are close they havent been killing each other.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 17th, 2011, 5:34 am

alexalonso wrote:- Brims are most all West Side Bloods, that throw of the love hand sign, pinky, index and thumb.

for the most part they all get along, the only exception is the rivalry between the Blood Stone Villains and the Pueblo Bloods which started back in December of 2000 or 2001. They went at it hard for about 5 years and even though they are close they havent been killing each other.
Hey alonso, What about NHP and Crenshaw Mafia, and Lanes and Campanella? Are those beefs squashed? I know that there was some deep rooted animosity between them. If so, that would be good for the B-dog side, and for curbing some of the violence in the community.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » April 17th, 2011, 10:59 am

alexalonso wrote:- Brims are most all West Side Bloods, that throw of the love hand sign, pinky, index and thumb.

thats not the only exeption

NHP vs IFG
IFG vs QSB
DLB vs CPP
MOB vs LPP
MOB vs FTP
TTP vs FTP
TTP vs NHP
TTP vs BHB
WSP vs BHB
NHF vs BHB

and these are no lil disagrements,bodies dropped in all of them

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » April 17th, 2011, 2:10 pm

H572DSTA wrote:

NHP vs IFG
IFG vs QSB
DLB vs CPP
MOB vs LPP
MOB vs FTP
TTP vs FTP
TTP vs NHP
TTP vs BHB
WSP vs BHB
NHF vs BHB

True lol

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 22nd, 2011, 10:52 pm

H572DSTA wrote:

NHP vs IFG
IFG vs QSB
DLB vs CPP
MOB vs LPP
MOB vs FTP
TTP vs FTP
TTP vs NHP
TTP vs BHB
WSP vs BHB
NHF vs BHB

Just because there was killing does not mean widespread conflict. You can add BSP v. NHB when Iseman was murdered in 2003, and HPB v. BPS when Wicked Wink was murdered, but again, there is no Blood rivalry that compares to the Villain v Pueblos, in duration and number of people injured and killed.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » April 23rd, 2011, 10:20 am

alexalonso wrote:
H572DSTA wrote:

NHP vs IFG
IFG vs QSB
DLB vs CPP
MOB vs LPP
MOB vs FTP
TTP vs FTP
TTP vs NHP
TTP vs BHB
WSP vs BHB
NHF vs BHB

Just because there was killing does not mean widespread conflict. You can add BSP v. NHB when Iseman was murdered in 2003, and HPB v. BPS when Wicked Wink was murdered, but again, there is no Blood rivalry that compares to the Villain v Pueblos, in duration and number of people injured and killed.
ok than cut

nhf vs bhb
mob vs ftp
ttp vs bhb
wsp vs bhb

all the other ones were widespead conflicts

i dont know how many killings happend between pueblos and villians but i think ttp vs nhp got more

and it goes down since 1994 so its longer than pueblos vs villians

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 27th, 2011, 11:50 pm

I am now interested in the rivalry between Tree Top Piru vs Neighborhood Piru. I knew they had serious beef, but I was unaware that their conflict was on par with the Blood Stove Villain and Pueblos.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » June 28th, 2011, 5:45 am

alexalonso wrote:I am now interested in the rivalry between Tree Top Piru vs Neighborhood Piru. I knew they had serious beef, but I was unaware that their conflict was on par with the Blood Stove Villain and Pueblos.
it started in 1994 over the killing of g.rock from ttp over a dice game, there was multiple killings and they still dont get along to this day