Crip History & 10 myths about the Crips

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Crip History & 10 myths about the Crips

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » December 29th, 2007, 10:28 am

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 3rd, 2008, 11:45 am

Very accurate.. about 85% accurate...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » February 5th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Curtis Jackson is a retired Sheriff, and he is probably one of the most knowledgable gang cops in LA. I agree with most, but there are a few things I disagree with.

Myth 1 = partially correct, but he disputes the use of the term Crib which I am confident was in use before Crips. I had too many O/G from that era speak on that.

Myth 2 = incorrect, the east side and westside was always divided by Main Street. It goes by the addresses. The Broadway Gangster Crips which are east of the 110 were always West Side. So where was the first gang? he does not say.

Myth 3 = incorrect, the original guys did believe in protecting their community, especially against White residents that did exist at the time, but they were immature and didnt have a great plan. Although the original Crips from 1969 / 1970 were considered juvenlie delinquents, it was until the next generation of Crips from 1972 and 1973 that violence increased, so Raymond and his first click liked to fight but they were not killers.

Myth 4 = correct

Myth 5 = incorrect, the leather coat was part of their outfit. He uses Batman Davis to refute that point, but Batman is on a DVD talking about the leather coat too.

Myth 6 = incorrect, there is no one that can convince me that the Pirus were not influenced by the Crips early on until about 1972.

Myth 7 = Some of those myths are towards me, for example myth #7, I wrote in an article that there were 18 black gangs in 1972. He answers it by stating that there were more than 18 but he gives no names of those gangs

Myth 8 = correct, i dont know anyone who ever said Raymond was the leader of all Crips

Myth 9 = I am not sure what he is stating here, but Lil Country from Brim, (Fred) was the first gang victim of the Crips, and this killing eventually led to the formation of an anti- Crip alliance around the end of 1972 or the beginning of 1973 which eventually became known as the Bloods in the mid 70s..

Myth 10 = he is challenging anothe one of my statement and there were about 70 gangs in 1978 and by 1981 there were 151. This comes from the County's gang data, and a gang cop named Porier (?) who documented every gang in LA county in 1982. So Curtis Jackson is so wrong on this one, that the department he was working for would disagree with him too. And it is not folklore to connect deindustrialization, high unemployment to increased street activity, alternative forms of income and gang activity. Remember he is a cop.

His definition of South Central Los Angele is incorrect. His history after the myths is the best part of his paper.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » February 6th, 2008, 1:28 pm

If I had to choose who was more accurate between the Sheriff's Myths and Alonso's, I would side with Alonso. With that said, I'd disagree with Alonso on the following...

However, I disagree with the following:

Myth 1, Partial dispute- even the OG's don't know the truth. These dudes have had their thinking shaped by local European Writers. And I say that because I have found a newspaper article that pre-dates the Ballou Murder by one week and they were referred to as Crips in the article, NOT CRIBS. Further, Raymond Washington's family exlained to me how crip came about- similarly it was an article in LA Weekly with a similar story told to me in the 90's and confirmed by the family last year.

It boils down to my research (Newspapers) and the story directly from Raymonds brothers versus the media and the OG's- I have to believe the OG's have learned their history wrong or fell for the famous myth.

Myth 8, technically i can't dispute that but at the sametime he is the undisputed Founder and was themost influential person and is the first guy to orchestrate mandatory crip meetings. So while he wasn't the leader of Compton, Inglewood, Avalon Gardens, and the West Side no one denies where they adapted the last name crip from and who influenced them to join.

There were already several small gangs active on the west side before they turned west side crip and Tookie was NOT one of them, Melvin Hardy and many others were. The meeting was discussed in Issue 4 (Barefoot Pookie article) and will be more detailed in issue 5 (Raymond Washington Story).

A lot of the Crip History is repeated wrongly because of the lack of 'true' information and finding those that were instrumental in its beginnings. While Batman is really the go to guy, there are many rumors regarding batman that are disputed by the masses. Batman alledgedly came later and was a member of another gang before he turned east Coast around 1980- thats late in the game for an OG.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » February 14th, 2008, 2:35 am

Its a trip that the history of the word Crip has no consensus on its origin. I am thinking about writing an article on the word.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » February 14th, 2008, 1:51 pm

alexalonso wrote:Its a trip that the history of the word Crip has no consensus on its origin. I am thinking about writing an article on the word.
That will be a real good idea Alonso.... as long as it is accurate it will ground breaking and forever referred to.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » February 18th, 2008, 9:39 pm

I will just defer. No way I'm going to speak against AllHoodPublications and Alonso. I've had indepth talks with Crip leaders in their forties but...

You guys are right on point from all I'm reading. Right on point. You tell me. We wait for your conclusion. Peace.

D_LoC
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Re: Crip History & 10 myths about the Crips

Unread post by D_LoC » July 20th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Thats crazy how theres so many CRIP sets out there but theres no one that can give 100% accurate history and origins.

cartoon
What city do you live in now?: honolulu

Re:

Unread post by cartoon » July 20th, 2008, 9:28 pm

alexalonso wrote:Curtis Jackson is a retired Sheriff, and he is probably one of the most knowledgable gang cops in LA. I agree with most, but there are a few things I disagree with.

Myth 1 = partially correct, but he disputes the use of the term Crib which I am confident was in use before Crips. I had too many O/G from that era speak on that.

Myth 2 = incorrect, the east side and westside was always divided by Main Street. It goes by the addresses. The Broadway Gangster Crips which are east of the 110 were always West Side. So where was the first gang? he does not say.

Myth 3 = incorrect, the original guys did believe in protecting their community, especially against White residents that did exist at the time, but they were immature and didnt have a great plan. Although the original Crips from 1969 / 1970 were considered juvenlie delinquents, it was until the next generation of Crips from 1972 and 1973 that violence increased, so Raymond and his first click liked to fight but they were not killers.

Myth 4 = correct

Myth 5 = incorrect, the leather coat was part of their outfit. He uses Batman Davis to refute that point, but Batman is on a DVD talking about the leather coat too.

Myth 6 = incorrect, there is no one that can convince me that the Pirus were not influenced by the Crips early on until about 1972.

Myth 7 = Some of those myths are towards me, for example myth #7, I wrote in an article that there were 18 black gangs in 1972. He answers it by stating that there were more than 18 but he gives no names of those gangs

Myth 8 = correct, i dont know anyone who ever said Raymond was the leader of all Crips

Myth 9 = I am not sure what he is stating here, but Lil Country from Brim, (Fred) was the first gang victim of the Crips, and this killing eventually led to the formation of an anti- Crip alliance around the end of 1972 or the beginning of 1973 which eventually became known as the Bloods in the mid 70s..

Myth 10 = he is challenging anothe one of my statement and there were about 70 gangs in 1978 and by 1981 there were 151. This comes from the County's gang data, and a gang cop named Porier (?) who documented every gang in LA county in 1982. So Curtis Jackson is so wrong on this one, that the department he was working for would disagree with him too. And it is not folklore to connect deindustrialization, high unemployment to increased street activity, alternative forms of income and gang activity. Remember he is a cop.

His definition of South Central Los Angele is incorrect. His history after the myths is the best part of his paper.

alonzo can you name the 18 gangs in 1972

Myself
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ALL

Unread post by Myself » August 19th, 2008, 1:16 am

the best history of crips is told by barefoot pookie and jamel barnes ...and accurate with breakdowns

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: corona

Unread post by FelonLocco » October 24th, 2008, 10:49 am

ey alonso do u know anything about the history on san diego crips?

gekapone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: INGLEWOOD

Unread post by gekapone » October 24th, 2008, 12:56 pm

ASK ALONSO WHEN DID 60'S AND 83 START BEEFIN HOMIE AND WHY

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Re:

Unread post by spadeloc » November 6th, 2008, 8:45 pm

alexalonso wrote:Its a trip that the history of the word Crip has no consensus on its origin. I am thinking about writing an article on the word.
i heard from a couple of older dudes from LA that the word crip came from a misunderstanding that ended up in the paper that after was used derogatorally for a bangers who were acting out or too crazy or bangin too hard doin things that was at first frowned apon(using guns ect.)original cribs would say dudes that were too wild bringin too much attetion to themselves were crips like the misprint in the paper.over time people acting that way became more feared respected and noticed so they started callin themselves crips.for examples in the past people would never call themselves crazy now there are dudes who proud to call themselves that.

i also heard that when cribs were spreading out that some people just didnt relize they were sayin cribs they thought they were sayin crips

i also heard that after bloods started they took the b out of cribs.

these are theories i heard but the most convencing to me is the first,but more than likely its a combination of things.ALONZO let me know what u think about it...............its funny my homeboys father is an OG from LA and everybody calls CRIB..since the 70's...next time i see him ill ask him why.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » November 7th, 2008, 5:22 am

daaaamn thats what i always sayd....pirus were never crips...the pirus were alwayz beefin with grandees and Cmpton crips so why they should go under the crip flag and leave it after a few moths that sounds stupid 2 me

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 7th, 2008, 11:35 am

really? pirus never crips..
answer this whats crip spelled baccwards with the c twisted upwards???
they wouldnt have gotten they name if it wasnt 4 the crips..so basically they bit of the crips. wich happens alot these days.
like that soowoop call...that came from crips yellin "woo woooooo"..n another perfect example..the C-walk..c'mon now agree or disagree

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 7th, 2008, 12:24 pm

the piru street boys got their name from piru street in compton, its nothing to do with crip spelt backwards.

gekapone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: INGLEWOOD

Unread post by gekapone » November 7th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Yep piru st in bompton

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 10th, 2008, 9:09 am

incorrect

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » November 10th, 2008, 11:30 am

jus kidden..i guess so..but it still is true

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Unread post by spadeloc » November 25th, 2008, 5:09 pm

do hoods in LA keep a documented history and if not...why not???i know in vegas none of these hoods keep a history....in chicago all those hoods claim that every member knows their history....you get violated for not knowing your s**t.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 26th, 2008, 2:19 am

The last one, they say that factory closures and job loss couldn't have had anything to do with an increase in gang activity. The only example they use is that no new gangs were formed at that time. They don't address the possibility that more people could have joined the already existing gangs. I don't know who made this list or what their agenda is, but they must think everyone is stupid.

coastie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: NYC

Unread post by coastie » December 10th, 2008, 9:40 am

that shit was some interesting information. i remember hearing a lot about big quake, bruce, raymond, ernie, bam, and some other names from the original east coast

i remember my aunt from a first generation of 118ec told me they used to be the bloc boys before they were crips and a lot of hoods came trying to recruit them, the denver lanes, athens park bloods, the hoovers, and the avalons came the worst talking about ya niggas dont turn avalon ya get murked and the east coast came the nicest with it and they turned east coast 118 st crip.

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » December 10th, 2008, 10:49 pm

man i aint with that shit about new york thinkin they jus as hard as L.A

coastie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coastie » December 11th, 2008, 7:09 am

check this out. this faggot felonlocco is extra weight. i dont know why the nigga running these forums holding on to cuzz. he dont live in los angeles, never have, never even seen a palm tree, nigga supposedly lives inside a beer bottle, but he wanna comment on shit going on in los angeles.

eh ignore his last post. on this thread. this clown this "EAST COAST CRIP" is literally east coast on US. he a faggot dont pay him no mind. he the same dude that thought the crip beefs started over drug, thats all based on his hardcore internet research.faggot

coastie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coastie » December 11th, 2008, 1:32 pm

FelonLocco wrote:really? pirus never crips..
answer this whats crip spelled baccwards with the c twisted upwards???
they wouldnt have gotten they name if it wasnt 4 the crips..so basically they bit of the crips. wich happens alot these days.
like that soowoop call...that came from crips yellin "woo woooooo"..n another perfect example..the C-walk..c'mon now agree or disagree

you shouldnt even be speaking anymore nigga. why you on here?

umad
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by umad » December 13th, 2008, 4:44 pm

StillNoScript wrote:The last one, they say that factory closures and job loss couldn't have had anything to do with an increase in gang activity. The only example they use is that no new gangs were formed at that time. They don't address the possibility that more people could have joined the already existing gangs. I don't know who made this list or what their agenda is, but they must think everyone is stupid.
exactly

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » December 17th, 2008, 9:05 am

yall niggas got me fucced up cuz on crip..yall niggas think u bold talkin all dis shit over the internet n shit.
n nigga ive been ta L.A plenty of times nigga aint nuthin special cuz so knocc it off with that BS yall niggas talkin bout..

coastie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coastie » December 17th, 2008, 12:47 pm

FelonLocco wrote:yall niggas got me fucced up because on crip..yall niggas think u bold talkin all dis shit over the internet n shit.
n nigga ive been ta L.A plenty of times nigga aint nuthin special because so knocc it off with that BS yall niggas talkin bout..
your gay nigga

FelonLocco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FelonLocco » January 14th, 2009, 12:42 pm

coastie wrote:
FelonLocco wrote:yall niggas got me fucced up because on crip..yall niggas think u bold talkin all dis shit over the internet n shit.
n nigga ive been ta L.A plenty of times nigga aint nuthin special because so knocc it off with that BS yall niggas talkin bout..
your gay nigga
and nigga u a bitch

cixxwonn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: chicago

Unread post by cixxwonn » January 14th, 2009, 2:57 pm

spadeloc wrote:do hoods in LA keep a documented history and if not...why not???i know in vegas none of these hoods keep a history....in chicago all those hoods claim that every member knows their history....you get violated for not knowing your s**t.
It used to be like that in Chicago you have to know on the street. But over the years it has become distorted in the joint though you have to know! That is how we know who is who. Like here every stone knows jeff fort didn't start the blackstones it's even n the knowledge he just made it known. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS ABOUT ALL GANG HISTORY WEST EAST ETC.... IT HAS BECOME DISTORTED REMEMBER MANY MEMBERS AS YOUTHS GET VERY HIGH DRINKING SMOKING OR WHATEVER IS THEIR CHOICE SO EVER STORY WILL ALWAYS JUST BE A PIECE TO THE BIG PUZZLE. IF YOU ASK 20 HIGH PEOPLE WHAT HAPPENED HOW MANY STORIES YOU THINK YOU WILL GET? REMEMBER THEIR ARE ALWAYS 3 SIDES TO EVERY STORY