Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 221
Joined: December 15th, 2003, 9:17 pm
Location: Gardena, CA
Contact:

Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by R-Tistic » October 7th, 2004, 1:21 am

I don't think anybody has spoke on this specific topic, so I just decided to make a thread out of it.

Well for years, I have been hearin people say Cube ain't from anywhere, and I never thought he was. He never banged crip on any albums, and with Westside Connection, he used to always wear black compared to WC wearin blue.

However...I was watchin the old music video for "Friday" and I saw that he had on the Mariners "S" hat that 60s wear. I told my homeboy and he noticed too. I heard somebody, either on here or another site, say that Cube is from 60s, and that's why they filmed Boyz N the Hood in 60s hood and it was "N" "hood" in the title real big.

Even more than that....I was just trippin off how he was like "Throw ya NEIGHBORHOOD in the air" instead of just throw ya hood in the air. BUT....I realize that he actually threw up Neighborhood's sign in the video. So I was like damn....is he really from there or not? I don't see how he'd get away with wearin the S hat and throwin up neighborhood in the video if he really wasn't from 60s or any other N-Hood set.

User avatar
Nik
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 234
Joined: February 8th, 2004, 12:31 am
Location: Sagnasty-In The Land Of 5

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Nik » October 7th, 2004, 2:07 am

hes frum the 111 nhc area

User avatar
shaky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 58
Joined: February 11th, 2004, 8:37 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by shaky » October 12th, 2004, 7:20 am

Cube is a joke. Kam called him out in the song Whoop Whoop. Kam said the W cube used for westside connection stands for Watts. Yall should watch this gang movie called War Stories. In it Monster Kody talks about how cube is a phony gangster. He said cube can't go on 108th and Western without real gs like WC.

User avatar
Young_DoLLa_33
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 59
Joined: October 28th, 2004, 10:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Young_DoLLa_33 » October 28th, 2004, 11:04 am

Yeah Monster Kody basically made him out to be bitch. Said he couldn't show his face in his hood like a nigga like WC or DJ QUik

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 485
Joined: December 14th, 2003, 12:35 am
Location: Kansas

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by looney » October 31st, 2004, 10:26 pm

ice cube is a not a crip at all and resons why because in the movie barbershop 2 he has a red flag on his head.

Sleep100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: August 31st, 2004, 8:08 pm
Location: Memphis TN
Contact:

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Sleep100 » November 1st, 2004, 1:35 pm

LOL DOING SOMETHING IN A MOVIE AINT GOT SHIT TO DO WITH IT...

Anonymous20

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 1st, 2004, 5:27 pm

yo i aint in no gang but i wont wear read cause i got love for my Sureno's and even if i was in some big a$$ movie n they told me to wear somethin red, i wouldnt. So hows this any different ? it aint

On the topic of him bein a crip i aint heard nothin. I do know he's got 3 dots off his right eye, anyone know whats up with that sh*t ?

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 168
Joined: February 5th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Location: 101st and Vermont

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Digital_Designs » November 5th, 2004, 3:47 pm

SurSmiley wrote:yo i aint in no gang but i wont wear read cause i got love for my Sureno's and even if i was in some big a$$ movie n they told me to wear somethin red, i wouldnt. So hows this any different ? it aint

On the topic of him bein a crip i aint heard nothin. I do know he's got 3 dots off his right eye, anyone know whats up with that sh*t ?


they are moles....

User avatar
dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 350
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 1:13 pm
Location: chicago, il
Contact:

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 12th, 2004, 12:01 pm

i watched a documentary called BEEF...talk about the difrrent beefs goin with rappers...they talked about how cypress hill and ice cube and dem ahd beef..according to the documentary, cypress hill punked out ice cube n dem..anyone else seen it?

Anonymous20

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 12th, 2004, 12:49 pm

Digital_Designs wrote:
SurSmiley wrote:yo i aint in no gang but i wont wear read cause i got love for my Sureno's and even if i was in some big a$$ movie n they told me to wear somethin red, i wouldnt. So hows this any different ? it aint

On the topic of him bein a crip i aint heard nothin. I do know he's got 3 dots off his right eye, anyone know whats up with that sh*t ?


they are moles....



lmfao :lol:

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 456
Joined: June 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
Location: Where Sognohc Die!

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by cbi562 » November 12th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Your the best comedian ever - SurSmiley. :)

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 208
Joined: November 12th, 2004, 1:05 am

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Chris. » November 13th, 2004, 12:03 am

Sursmiley aka Violent Joe remember this?... Lol=

SmileyCVXIII aka Violent Joe wrote:names Smiley cuzz everyone love when i joke n i dont like to start shit, but i do end it. I came across this site when i was lookn for gangster forums n what not.


Anonymous wrote: Your a sureno sayin cuzz?


SmileyCVXIII aka Violent Joe wrote:Born in Cali, Orange but moved to NY n yeh im Sur but i got Crip friends..


SurSmiley that was hella funny

User avatar
Young_DoLLa_33
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 59
Joined: October 28th, 2004, 10:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Young_DoLLa_33 » November 14th, 2004, 2:45 am

Many niggaz have discredited Cube

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 340
Joined: June 22nd, 2004, 9:28 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by W/S » November 14th, 2004, 10:20 pm

WC2K: You do Gangsta Rap but do or did you ever rep a Gang outside of the music or live the Gangsta life?

Ice Cube: Yeah when I was young and dumb (laughs). Not Anymore

though, cause now I aint trying to rep nobody but myself.
from west coast aftershock interview

User avatar
JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 237
Joined: October 11th, 2004, 5:10 pm
Location: TOLEDO OHIO

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by JONES » November 15th, 2004, 4:12 pm

BESIDES ICE CUBE IS WACK AFTER HE LEFT NWA. FAR AND FEW GOOD SONGS SINCE HIS DAY WITH NWA

User avatar
CyKo_ThuG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 40
Joined: November 20th, 2004, 11:36 pm
Location: home

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by CyKo_ThuG » November 21st, 2004, 12:04 am

dopekid127 wrote:i watched a documentary called BEEF...talk about the difrrent beefs goin with rappers...they talked about how cypress hill and ice cube and dem ahd beef..according to the documentary, cypress hill punked out ice cube n dem..anyone else seen it?


No but I've heard that track from them dissin Cube. Not the one on Temples of Boom but the one where they diss both Cube & Mack-10. Doughboy killa! Wack-10 killa! lol its f$#@in crazy! They really diss them hard. They squashed the beef after that cuz I dont think Ice Cube could have made a come back. Oh yea the track is "Ice Cube Killa"

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 168
Joined: February 5th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Location: 101st and Vermont

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by Digital_Designs » November 27th, 2004, 1:33 am

CyKo_ThuG wrote:
dopekid127 wrote:i watched a documentary called BEEF...talk about the difrrent beefs goin with rappers...they talked about how cypress hill and ice cube and dem ahd beef..according to the documentary, cypress hill punked out ice cube n dem..anyone else seen it?


No but I've heard that track from them dissin Cube. Not the one on Temples of Boom but the one where they diss both Cube & Mack-10. Doughboy killa! Wack-10 killa! lol its f$#@in crazy! They really diss them hard. They squashed the beef after that because I dont think Ice Cube could have made a come back. Oh yea the track is "Ice Cube Killa"


Westside Connection - King of the Hill

Cy Hill got their a$ses handed to them

User avatar
CyKo_ThuG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 40
Joined: November 20th, 2004, 11:36 pm
Location: home

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by CyKo_ThuG » November 27th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Digital_Designs wrote:
CyKo_ThuG wrote:
dopekid127 wrote:i watched a documentary called BEEF...talk about the difrrent beefs goin with rappers...they talked about how cypress hill and ice cube and dem ahd beef..according to the documentary, cypress hill punked out ice cube n dem..anyone else seen it?


No but I've heard that track from them dissin Cube. Not the one on Temples of Boom but the one where they diss both Cube & Mack-10. Doughboy killa! Wack-10 killa! lol its f$#@in crazy! They really diss them hard. They squashed the beef after that because I dont think Ice Cube could have made a come back. Oh yea the track is "Ice Cube Killa"


Westside Connection - King of the Hill

Cy Hill got their a$ses handed to them


Oh man not after Cypress Hill's second reply. I love Cypress as much as I love Cube but Cypress Hill won this beef. Here's a link to Ice Cube Killa lyrics:

http://ohhla.com/anonymous/cypress/bsid ... ll.cyp.txt

that was made after King of the Hill (they even took the same beat)

And the reason they ended the beef is becuz there was too much bullsh*t goin on in the rap game at that time (2Pac got killed, Eastcoast/Westcoast beef... among other things)

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 230
Joined: January 31st, 2004, 4:27 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by doobeez » November 28th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Digital_Designs wrote:
SurSmiley wrote:yo i aint in no gang but i wont wear read cause i got love for my Sureno's and even if i was in some big a$$ movie n they told me to wear somethin red, i wouldnt. So hows this any different ? it aint

On the topic of him bein a crip i aint heard nothin. I do know he's got 3 dots off his right eye, anyone know whats up with that sh*t ?
they are moles....



Holy chit that is funny.... :lol:

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 28th, 2007, 4:42 pm

didnt monster say that ice cube is from south central and lived on van ness or vanwick or something? but never gang banged, but acts/parlays like he did

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » November 28th, 2007, 11:43 pm

cube said he used to bang on his latest cd, I'ma try to find the lyrics.

User avatar
SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 495
Joined: March 24th, 2005, 1:26 am
What city do you live in now?: Houston
Location: Southside Houston, Tx

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » December 24th, 2007, 3:01 pm

JONES wrote:BESIDES ICE CUBE IS WACK AFTER HE LEFT NWA. FAR AND FEW GOOD SONGS SINCE HIS DAY WITH NWA
his best shit by far is when he went solo in my opinion but he has fallen off hard ever since the 2000's

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 230
Joined: January 31st, 2004, 4:27 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by doobeez » December 25th, 2007, 6:10 pm

SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
JONES wrote:BESIDES ICE CUBE IS WACK AFTER HE LEFT NWA. FAR AND FEW GOOD SONGS SINCE HIS DAY WITH NWA
his best shit by far is when he went solo in my opinion but he has fallen off hard ever since the 2000's


Shit, Death Certificate had some of the funkiest samples I've heard..awesome album. But that was back in '92..You're right though, he has lost some of his juice.

galex323
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 70
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 8:15 pm
Location: West LA, 2 C's Culver City

Re: Reasons why people think Cube is from 60s

Unread post by galex323 » December 26th, 2007, 8:22 am

doobeez wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
JONES wrote:BESIDES ICE CUBE IS WACK AFTER HE LEFT NWA. FAR AND FEW GOOD SONGS SINCE HIS DAY WITH NWA
his best shit by far is when he went solo in my opinion but he has fallen off hard ever since the 2000's


Shit, Death Certificate had some of the funkiest samples I've heard..awesome album. But that was back in '92..You're right though, he has lost some of his juice.
niggaz get older that like sayin jordan cant jump like he use to.. cube has done enough in the past to solidify his career as a artist aint no more real dough in the music biz no way and cube last album was bangin an it sold over of 500, 000 independent he did his thang

YP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 305
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 3:47 am
Location: RIALTO

Unread post by YP » January 3rd, 2008, 4:45 am

CUBE never banged and grew up in 1e11 HOOD

Period point blank my dad remembers seeing ice cube as a little kid............

A non Banger....thats its


Cypress hill tho were bloods I 4get what hood they were 4rm

they aint mexicans.......they cuban... maybe blaxican is half mex i met him years ago he had a fione A$$ female wid him

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1206
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 3rd, 2008, 12:11 pm

I agree with Galex 323...

Cube served NWA with No Vaseline, literally! :-)

The thing about Cube which can also be compared to Jordan is that he is not only successful in the field that he was first known in, but also excells outside of that profession. Jordan- businessman, Ice Cube-Actor/Producer.

If Cube was from 60s he would have never wrote the lyrics, "seen a sissy ass punk so I went in my trunk" for Eazy E when speaking of being on Crenshaw...

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 3rd, 2008, 5:43 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:I agree with Galex 323...

Cube served NWA with No Vaseline, literally! :-)

The thing about Cube which can also be compared to Jordan is that he is not only successful in the field that he was first known in, but also excells outside of that profession. Jordan- businessman, Ice Cube-Actor/Producer.

If Cube was from 60s he would have never wrote the lyrics, "seen a sissy ass punk so I went in my trunk" for Eazy E when speaking of being on Crenshaw...

basically, hes just an entertainer.


a damn good one at that though....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » January 4th, 2008, 7:50 pm

its funny cuz i think on that latest cube cd he said used to be or bang NHC, some shit NHC he says. Ima try to find it.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 5th, 2008, 12:33 am

perongregory wrote:its funny because i think on that latest cube cd he said used to be or bang NHC, some shit NHC he says. Ima try to find it.

i think he hangs out with WC too much and thinks hes from 111?

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 230
Joined: January 31st, 2004, 4:27 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE
Location: KY
Contact:

Unread post by doobeez » January 5th, 2008, 11:37 am

pistolslanga wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:I agree with Galex 323...

Cube served NWA with No Vaseline, literally! :-)

The thing about Cube which can also be compared to Jordan is that he is not only successful in the field that he was first known in, but also excells outside of that profession. Jordan- businessman, Ice Cube-Actor/Producer.

If Cube was from 60s he would have never wrote the lyrics, "seen a sissy ass punk so I went in my trunk" for Eazy E when speaking of being on Crenshaw...

basically, hes just an entertainer.



a damn good one at that though....



He is a helluva entertainer and actor..His role in Boyz N The Hood still stands out..

But you read other people sayin he never banged, and he's claimin NH but he was never in the set, is he just promoting a self proclaimed Gangster lifestyle? Don't get me wrong, I've always dug Cube since back in the old NWA & THE POSSE days so I'm not cuttin him by any means. But, whats your opinion of HIM promoting Gangsta to maybe sell albums if he's not from NH1E11??

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Unread post by xxx » January 9th, 2008, 6:46 pm

The reason why people think ice Cube is from 60's is because these people are not in the streets Banging

The nigga said he was straight outta compton, where does 60's fit in on that?

The Nigga grew up in the Athens Area off on 108th & Western/Van Ness in the 100's.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 965
Joined: September 1st, 2003, 10:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL
Location: http://allhood.proboards.com/index.cgi
Contact:

Unread post by Young Nile » January 11th, 2008, 11:56 am

I here people say dude was from Phoenix.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”