Flipside from Bounty Hunter was murdered

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Flipside from Bounty Hunter was murdered

Unread post by alexalonso » October 6th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Flipside was shot and killed by a Grape Street Crip. He was from O.F.T.B., rap group from 1996, and he appeared in Bastard of the Party when he was interviewed in the hospital after getting shot back in 1997 (?). You can get that Bastards of the Party on Netflix.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: Flipside from Bounty Hunter was murdered

Unread post by TarHeelRED » October 11th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Is that my man who was saying that he didn't want his son 2 be a Bounty Hunter. I recall him saying something about his son or maybe himself & him not wanting 2 be identified w/ the set.

Was he an active gang member @ the time of his death?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » October 13th, 2013, 5:47 am

TarHeelRED wrote:Is that my man who was saying that he didn't want his son 2 be a Bounty Hunter. I recall him saying something about his son or maybe himself & him not wanting 2 be identified w/ the set.

@ TarHeel! What's going on playa! I know the scene in the movie you're talking about, and that is him. He was saying that he didn't want his homies calling his son lil flip because he didn't want to bring him into his lifestyle.

That's a good question about whether he was active or not. I would think that with his status, it wouldn't matter, because he was a major player in watts, so who ever did it would make a name for himself no matter what. If the shooter is not locked up he better get out of there quickly because I'm sure he's now high on the list for retaliation.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » October 13th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:Is that my man who was saying that he didn't want his son 2 be a Bounty Hunter. I recall him saying something about his son or maybe himself & him not wanting 2 be identified w/ the set.

@ TarHeel! What's going on playa! I know the scene in the movie you're talking about, and that is him. He was saying that he didn't want his homies calling his son lil flip because he didn't want to bring him into his lifestyle.

That's a good question about whether he was active or not. I would think that with his status, it wouldn't matter, because he was a major player in watts, so who ever did it would make a name for himself no matter what. If the shooter is not locked up he better get out of there quickly because I'm sure he's now high on the list for retaliation.
Preciate that Que. I knew it was 1 or the other. Thanks 4 clearing that up.

It sounds like his name rang a bell amongst the BHs. U know what subset he was from?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » October 14th, 2013, 3:48 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:

Preciate that Que. I knew it was 1 or the other. Thanks 4 clearing that up.

It sounds like his name rang a bell amongst the BHs. U know what subset he was from?
I read in an article that he was from the Lot Boys.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 11th, 2013, 8:29 pm

yeah, he was a good person actually, surprised that he got caught up like this, but it only takes a moment to be on the block and get caught up.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » January 6th, 2014, 11:23 am

All this time didnt know flipside was was DirtyKev from BH wow thats shit burnt man he was the first 2 greet me when i got to CYA back 88 and boy was he with the bizz show me a hellva lot back then all this time im been playing his musick didnt kow it was him dam we was supposed hook up thats some phucked up shit there i knew him back in CYA before blew up was a tall slim BH back then much love to my CYA HOMIE Dirty KEV BiP HOMIE Dam wish we could got to 2gether like dem cya days homie YOU WILL B TRULLY MISSED