Spook Town Compton Crips - history

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Spook Town Compton Crips - history

Unread post by alexalonso » April 3rd, 2017, 1:44 am

I was reading the gang cop testify about Spook Town in this gang case from 2010
Detective Mark Perez appeared as the prosecution's gang expert. Detective Perez stated the Spook Town Crips is a criminal street gang from Compton that began in the 1960's and is comprised of about 80 to 100 members. The Spook Town Crips are also known as "Spook Town," and the gang uses the symbols "S" and "T" for "Spook Town" and "S-T-C" for "Spook Town Crips."

Detective Perez opined that Williams was an active participant in the Spook Town Compton Crips when he committed the instant offenses and that the reputation of both Williams and the gang itself were enhanced as a result of a Compton gang member committing a crime in the City of Highland. Detective Perez explained Williams's identification of his gang affiliation before he shot Henderson benefited the gang because it instilled fear in the community, which makes it harder for law enforcement to obtain the cooperation of the community as people are "intimidated, afraid for their life [and the] safety of their family," making it easier for the gang to commit more crimes.

Indeed, Detective Perez opined that often victims of gang-related crimes do not cooperate with law enforcement out of fear of gang retaliation: "That's a regular occurrence in my line of work, in working the gang team. It's very hard to get witnesses, victims to cooperate. They are afraid. It's usually always the witnesses. I'm afraid I'm going to get retaliated on. They know where I live. They know my family, their kids -- know my kids. . . . It's very, very hard to get[] the community to cooperate."

Police Officer Jason Heilman appeared as a prosecution witness. Officer Heilman stated he contacted Williams in mid-May 2010 in the vicinity where the instant crimes occurred. During the contact, Williams admitted he was a member of the "Spook Town Compton Crips." Williams had tattooed on his arms an "S" for "Spook," a "T" for "Town" and the words "Hub city," which is commonly used by Compton gang members. On his chest, he had tattoos of an "E" and an "S" representing "East Side Compton" and the words "Cripping Ain't Easy, Pimping Ain't Hard." Williams also had a tattoo that read, "Straight Out of Compton," which also depicted a gun. According to Detective Perez, a gang member with a tattoo of a gun "usually represents or has a reputation for carrying a firearm," and shows the gang member is "not afraid to use a firearm."

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Spook Town Compton Crips - history

Unread post by bgcasper » April 3rd, 2017, 4:22 am

very interesting i know that set spook town and also swamps 157 st been into bangin from before crips ..by the way when was the beef with piru and crips and was bishop lime hood exsited prior to that event ??

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 3rd, 2017, 11:37 am

bgcasper wrote:very interesting i know that set spook town and also swamps 157 st been into bangin from before crips ..by the way when was the beef with piru and crips and was bishop lime hood exsited prior to that event ??

Spook Town pre-dates Crippin? Like the Swamp Boys?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 3rd, 2017, 11:47 am

yeah thats what i heard

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 3rd, 2017, 11:55 am

bgcasper wrote:yeah thats what i heard
That cop said the 1960s, any confirmation on that?

YV11
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by YV11 » April 3rd, 2017, 11:02 pm

Makes since, back in the days when Compton was Black and White, the racial slur for Blacks was Spooks. This must be where the name originated from. Plus they turf is on the East-West border which was the red line for Blacks if Im not mistaken.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 4th, 2017, 12:48 am

YV11 wrote:Makes since, back in the days when Compton was Black and White, the racial slur for Blacks was Spooks. This must be where the name originated from. Plus they turf is on the East-West border which was the red line for Blacks if Im not mistaken.
interesting analysis, would this area be the first black community during the 1950s when they first started moving in? Where was the first black community in Compton?

YV11
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by YV11 » April 4th, 2017, 8:48 am

I dont know. But thas an interesting question.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 4th, 2017, 6:24 pm

[quote="YV11"]Makes since, back in the days when Compton was Black and White, the racial slur for Blacks was Spooks. This must be where the name originated from. Plus they turf is on the East-West border which was the red line for Blacks if Im not mistaken.[/quote]
moee than that there was a compton chapter of spooky hunters a south gate one also

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 6th, 2017, 12:24 am

Who are the OGs of Spook Town?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 6th, 2017, 3:16 am

le leader of the hood i knew from rep is an obg generation but he might know a lot obg eddie boe is a rep from spook town he know better than me

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 6th, 2017, 3:20 am

i have zero relationship with atf i think u have more contact i think mc8 said he grew up there and he gave a tale that was not validated by stcc obg and he got kinna checced by eddie boe thats what street was talkin at 1 point also u had that palmer blocc guy doin video with the obg mako capone he must know better about who to interview can find his facebook if u need

Kritter1959
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kritter1959 » April 7th, 2017, 9:43 pm

@bgcasper you wrong homie. That's my homie mako from STCC on that with "psycho" from Tragniew Park CC on that video dissin' mc eight. Second...that's my homie Eddie bo from Johnson St (STCC) you speaking on that checc'd mc eight because he tried to claim Spook Town when his sister lived on Johnson St. Psyco from Tragniew Park instagram page is @mtl_dogman_compton

Kritter1959
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kritter1959 » April 7th, 2017, 9:48 pm

@alexalonso most of the og'z are on lock and the rest are basically inactive. It's only a handful left that still claim STCC. Get in touch with Mako on ig@makocapone and he will give you the scoop on the rest of the SpookTowns.

Kritter1959
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kritter1959 » April 7th, 2017, 9:50 pm

R.I.P. Jay, Tommy, etc.

Kritter1959
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kritter1959 » April 7th, 2017, 9:55 pm

@alexalonzo I got a few more hard to find homies you should definitely get in contact with from 43Hoover. Go to my homies from 43HCG on ig @jazzy_truth and a Øg KillBill from 43HCG @billhall4343

grundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grundy » April 7th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Mr. X has STCC history. Contact Melly Mell from SBCC, casper wtf are u talking about?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 12th, 2017, 5:03 am

man hop off i dont adress u ...ignore me im doin just that with u just follow my way ...i dont give a fucc about none of the shit u post i dont comment any of those ...do the same thank you

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » April 20th, 2017, 3:46 pm

I thought spook town got its name because of the darkness of the area. Not too many lights, type of thing. Always darkest at night. As in "spooky".

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 24th, 2017, 1:20 am

jae wrote:I thought spook town got its name because of the darkness of the area. Not too many lights, type of thing. Always darkest at night. As in "spooky".
thats interesting, do you know which blocks are the darkest streets in Spook Town?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » April 26th, 2017, 1:08 am

[quote="alexalonso"][quote="jae"]I thought spook town got its name because of the darkness of the area. Not too many lights, type of thing. Always darkest at night. As in "spooky".[/quote]

thats interesting, do you know which blocks are the darkest streets in Spook Town?[/quote]he got that from an interview of mc8 in the source magazine dont know what credit to give to mc 8 since he got beat down by eddie boe from stcc for speaking on the hood he aint from ...mc 8 was sayin they use to shoot down lights...i doupt ...the name come from the 60's when the spook hunters was activ now if u wanna know were the heart of spook town is that hood always claimed 1200 tamarind and caldwell thats ground zero for that hood

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » April 27th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Alonso, i have no idea bro. Some older Piru friends of mine told me that back in the early 90s. And i haven't heard anything that challenges or corrects that information since. They were in their 30s at that time, so i figured they'd know but honestly word of mouth is just opinion or recollection of thought, so, they/i could be wrong. I take all information into consideration with a grain of salt, and form my own opinion, but to each their own.

And BGCasper, i don't know what you're talking about, regarding an interview. I was told this by Piru's who are from that area. No idea if its true, but as soon as i heard it, it made sense to me, so that was my understanding of it. Just like Swamps and the story of their layout that gave them their name. I have no idea if that's true either but i have no reason to question it because it makes sense.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » April 27th, 2017, 4:26 pm

I cant think of ANY gang neighborhoods in Southern California that used a derogatory name of their neighborhood created by whites, to form their gang identity, so if SPOOK TOWN got its name from that, i'll be shocked. If they got their name from that, then that would mean that the area itself was surely filled with A LOT of black folks at that time, while the surrounding areas were primarily/majority white. None the less, interesting enough for me to now study the racial demographics of Compton from the 50s on up.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 2nd, 2017, 10:32 pm

jae that spook town dark street because of them shooting up street life ....well i dont know man ...i will not argue with u about that one but yess that area was a the front line of blacc hoods specially in the 60's the whole east side cpt was white owned and white gangs there were highly racist

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 5th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Kritter1959 wrote:@alexalonzo I got a few more hard to find homies you should definitely get in contact with from 43Hoover. Go to my homies from 43HCG on ig @jazzy_truth and a Øg KillBill from 43HCG @billhall4343
ill try to contact them right now.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 5th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Kritter1959 wrote:@alexalonzo I got a few more hard to find homies you should definitely get in contact with from 43Hoover. Go to my homies from 43HCG on ig @jazzy_truth and a Øg KillBill from 43HCG @billhall4343
I was able to talk to Kill Bill, but I wasn't able to connect with him.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 5th, 2017, 7:26 pm

43 hoovA would be interresting

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 5th, 2017, 7:51 pm

back to spook town there was spook hunter in both east cpt and also west cpt in the 50's they was trying to make 130 st a border and would go at anybody crossing that line south bound ..i read that somewere coudnt remember but there was an interview and it was brought up