The Crips are formed,what happens to The Avenues?

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: san diego

The Crips are formed,what happens to The Avenues?

Unread post by comptonblockz » April 14th, 2017, 8:40 pm

1.) I watched the King Bobalouie interview and another interesting video about Raymond Washington.

2.) In King Bobalouie's interview he said Raymond was on the West Side claiming Avenues (Baby Avenues) unbeknownst to the OG Avenues on the East Side. In 1969 The 'Baby Avenues' go to a party where the OG Avenues are and proclaim themselves as the Baby Avenues,and the OGs tells them to stop claiming Avenues and to get lost. Bobalouie says the next day The Baby Avenues have a meeting and form the Crips.

3.) In King Bobalouie's interview and in Tookie Williams' book 'Blue Rage.Black Redemption',they both say that Craig Munson (an O.G. Avenue) who Raymond admired,would constantly talk down to Raymond and didn't show him much respect. According to this video I watched about Raymond Washington,he beat up Craig Munson's younger brother,causing Craig Munson to beat up Raymond Washington,in return.

4.) So here is my question and my point for making the thread: What happens to the O.G. Avenues after the Crips are formed and start spreading all over South Central? As I said,the OG Avenues had no respect for the 'Baby Avenues' who later turned into Crips and I can't picture Big Craig Munson bowing down to guys younger than them,especially after he beat Raymond up. Did they fall in line? Did they cease to exist? None of this addressed in Tookie's book,Bobalouie's interview or any OG Crip's interviews

5.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWaO0RlJqgU

@ 3:30 The Munsons vs Raymond Washington

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: The Crips are formed,what happens to The Avenues?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 15th, 2017, 11:28 pm

This is the most unknown part of the history.

1. Who was Craig Monson? No one has ever described Craig Monson the person.

2. Craig had 6 brothers, 2 older (born in the 1940s) and four younger brothers. Who were these guys and what role did they play in the Avenues?

3. What is the founding year of the Avenues? No one really know how long they actually existed and when did they become defunct?

4. Craig goes to prison in 1971 when the Crips are still very new. Did him leaving the scene allow the Crips to flourish?

I really plan on getting to the bottom of these questions, but its going to take several months.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 18th, 2017, 10:56 am

well there was an outlaw clicc in the area of avenue acording to an old map wonder if they became bloods and anybody heard of outlaws around there

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » April 20th, 2017, 2:48 pm

bgcasper wrote:well there was an outlaw clicc in the area of avenue acording to an old map wonder if they became bloods and anybody heard of outlaws around there

Its my understanding that the Avenues was in the low 80s. While the Outlaws was in the high 60s. The Shack Boys was in the middle of both of them. I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » April 20th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 24th, 2017, 2:15 am

The Avenues were founded on 83rd Street & Hooper and grew into the 70s going north and into the 90 to the south.