Does Signing & Literature matter For L.A. Gangsters?

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
Miltown
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Ames Ia

Does Signing & Literature matter For L.A. Gangsters?

Unread post by Miltown » May 15th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Ok so Im from the midwest. Killwaukee to be exact. But I just was wondering. Ive heard different stories on signing in L.A. Some niggas say that signing matters some say it dont mean shit in Cali. But I aint never had the chance to chop it up with a real L.A. nigga to find out. Signing matters in the midwest cuz if your hats to the right you claimin Folks but if its to the left you claimin People Nation.

Also I heard there was no literature for Bloods or Crips. Is that true? It aint no literature for yall to memorize and learn during the initiation period? Big respect to the west coast so dont take me wrong. Im just askin cuz I don't know

Troublehoov
If in the United States: Virginia
What city do you live in now?: Newport news

Re: Couple Questions For L.A. Gangsters

Unread post by Troublehoov » May 16th, 2017, 4:42 am

We don't have lit out here I'm California homie,we have history about our set.

Miltown

Unread post by Miltown » May 16th, 2017, 10:18 am

Troublehoov wrote:We don't have lit out here I'm California homie,we have history about our set.

Thats what I thought. I figured all that lit shit was an east coast thing. What about signing? Do it matter in l.a. which way you wear your hat? Like is one way blood and the other crip?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 16th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Miltown wrote:
Troublehoov wrote:We don't have lit out here I'm California homie,we have history about our set.

Thats what I thought. I figured all that lit shit was an east coast thing. What about signing? Do it matter in l.a. which way you wear your hat? Like is one way blood and the other crip?
That was a down south and midwest thing too for Crips and Bloods to have a lit,actually before the east coast sets banging.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » May 16th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Well in prison some gangs got rules like lit, but can't speak for everyone. That's all I'm gonna say, but pretty much everything was already answered.

Miltown

Unread post by Miltown » May 16th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Rudog wrote:Well in prison some gangs got rules like lit, but can't speak for everyone. That's all I'm gonna say, but pretty much everything was already answered.

Yeah yall answered everything except for the signing. Do which way you point your hat mean anything in L.A.? Like do Bloods go right while Crips go left or does that shit just not matter?

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » May 21st, 2017, 7:19 pm

Yeah yall answered everything except for the signing. Do which way you point your hat mean anything in L.A.? Like do Bloods go right while Crips go left or does that shit just not matter?[/quote]

That stuff doesnt matter in cali. It used to be whats on your hat, how you talk and yo colors speak for they self but after fools kept gettin chipped for slippin and police actually started using their brainsn fools drifted away from it. Nowadays yo face card is all thats needed to push yo shit back if you really in the streets with it.

LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Does Signing & Literature matter For L.A. Gangsters?

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 22nd, 2017, 6:37 pm

I took me reading your third post to even know what you were talking about thats how hilarious it was. You have to compare the historical significance of that. The East Coast draws a lot of inspiration of what they do from Sicilian mafia's, and even in the East Coast movies about crime it's all about mimicking the Mafia and mobster culture. So when Blacks and Latinos on the East Coast have gangs no matter what it is, they want to incorporate loads of symbolism in the gang and they believe that creates a stronger sense of pride, legitimacy, and loyalty within membership.

On the West Coast we take our history from the old western gangs if you consider it. Our gangs are more like posses's, and even the names of our gangs reflect that past in many cases. If you take a list at old west gangs and modern L.A. gangs, not only are they similar in familiarity but also you will see examples such as Dodge City Gang , and Dodge City Crips.

L.A. gangs seem to be driven based on friendships and family ties that expand into brotherhoods based on common perspective. There's no overly organized mob mentality in L.A.We don't have a desire to become a big mega gang with one leader over everything, it simply has no value here. And generally the reason is mafias traced their leadership back to their country and so forth in L.A we feel like outlaws, guys just evading the law, and fighting each other, no need to sign paper in blood or make up a bunch of symbolism.

Some even try to add symbolism to CRIP as meaning Community Revolution In Progress, or Black Revolutionary Independent Mafia, and etc. But the truth is, our gangs simply are outlaws having fun living a fast life until you die, go to prison, or you might get old enough that you have to slow down because you dont have the physically ability to do what you used to do.