who saw tupac movie ??

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

who saw tupac movie ??

Unread post by bgcasper » June 16th, 2017, 7:28 pm

i already see the super internet detective poppin all over the net with bogus theory ...come on ....get thru it pac got killed and suge have nun to do with it and half dead wasnt the shooter get over it ...thruth is simple bg lane freaky dre south in peace tupac rip

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Re: who saw tupac movie ??

Unread post by comptonblockz » June 17th, 2017, 2:10 pm

bgcasper wrote:i already see the super internet detective poppin all over the net with bogus theory ...come on ....get thru it pac got killed and suge have nun to do with it and half dead wasnt the shooter get over it ...thruth is simple bg lane freaky dre south in peace tupac rip
I seen it. What you wanna know?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 17th, 2017, 7:00 pm

nothing ...or yes did u like it ? or was it another str8 outa compton? were im at i will never see it in a theater ... have to wait a stream to pop

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by TheAngels » June 18th, 2017, 12:01 am

I saw it. My overall thoughts:

Not as good as Straight Out of Compton. The director Benny Boom only did 2 prior movies, and both were flops that received bad reviews. He's mainly a music video director.

Like 50 Cent said, it felt like a straight-to-cable Lifetime biopic masquerading as a box office film.

A lot of the writing was, and it felt empty in many areas. The camera work, and aesthetics/artistry from F. Gary Gray on 'Straight Out of Compton' was just superior to 'All Eyez On Me.' I think Benny Boom is lacking when it comes to pushing the limits in those areas.

The acting was okay and the writing had its corny moments. It also felt like it was jumping from scene to scene with a lot of characters talking and explaining what was going on, and the wordy explanations seemed too intense and forced -- one film critic described it as "laborious", which I think is an apt description.

It did have its good moments that kept you intrigued, but I was wondering if I was only into the movie simply because I'm a Pac fan.

I give it like a 5 or 6 out of 10. So, just "okay" but not terrible but not great either. I wanted it to be good too and tried to give it a chance.

I didn't think I would say this but I think even ''Notorious' was better than 'All Eyez On Me.' And I say that because Tupac, in my opinion, has a much more interesting story to tell than Biggie. But Notorious seemed to have a better director and script.

But still I can understand that it's difficult to try to cram a man's entire life into 2 hours & 20 minutes.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » June 18th, 2017, 12:01 am

I saw it. My overall thoughts:

Not as good as Straight Out of Compton. The director Benny Boom only did 2 prior movies, and both were flops that received bad reviews. He's mainly a music video director.

Like 50 Cent said, it felt like a straight-to-cable Lifetime biopic masquerading as a box office film.

A lot of the writing was, and it felt empty in many areas. The camera work, and aesthetics/artistry from F. Gary Gray on 'Straight Out of Compton' was just superior to 'All Eyez On Me.' I think Benny Boom is lacking when it comes to pushing the limits in those areas.

The acting was okay and the writing had its corny moments. It also felt like it was jumping from scene to scene with a lot of characters talking and explaining what was going on, and the wordy explanations seemed too intense and forced -- one film critic described it as "laborious", which I think is an apt description.

It did have its good moments that kept you intrigued, but I was wondering if I was only into the movie simply because I'm a Pac fan.

I give it like a 5 or 6 out of 10. So, just "okay" but not terrible but not great either. I wanted it to be good too and tried to give it a chance.

I didn't think I would say this but I think even ''Notorious' was better than 'All Eyez On Me.' And I say that because Tupac, in my opinion, has a much more interesting story to tell than Biggie. But Notorious seemed to have a better director and script.

But still I can understand that it's difficult to try to cram a man's entire life into 2 hours & 20 minutes.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » June 18th, 2017, 7:51 pm

ok thanks for your opinion angel ...i didnt like str8 out compton at all ...now i saw jade pinkett mad ...just dont really think tupac life was revolving around his relationship and her in other word who gives a fucc ..but it would be a deception if they fucced the murder scene and if they didnt even cover the war that took place in the hub because of his murder

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » June 19th, 2017, 1:38 pm

bgcasper wrote:ok thanks for your opinion angel ...i didnt like str8 out compton at all ...now i saw jade pinkett mad ...just dont really think tupac life was revolving around his relationship and her in other word who gives a fucc ..but it would be a deception if they fucced the murder scene and if they didnt even cover the war that took place in the hub because of his murder

Well, you only got like 2 hours and 20 minutes to cover everything, so I can understand them not putting in the gang war afterwards. I think they should have added some more emotional scenes after the shooting though. I won't say much more since you haven't seen it yet.

Why didn't you like Straight Outta Compton? I thought it was well made. It wasn't perfect but overall I thought it was good. Definitely better than All Eyez On Me.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » June 19th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Yeah I don't expect it to be documentary style film or even worth discussing in terms of accuracy. That's generally never what the purpose of films are. They are simply to glamorize actual events into wishful thinking. Very few film directors can get the money they need to make a film and keep a story strict to it's roots. Hollywood (production company's and film distributors) film only allows a small variation of film types and you have to stick to that template.

I think as far as the true story goes Death Row had so many wars going on in Compton it's leaves speculation to who the trigger man was. But as far as gang rules go it's almost always a quick response from the guys you just had a massive altercation with. And having a club in Vegas was no safety net.
2Pac clearly made a horrible decision mimicking a gangbangers life style.

You have guys like Big U who take a lot of advise from Suge, but certainly didn't allow Nipsey and Kurupt to go down that same road, and kudos for that. I haven't seen the film yet, and will likely wait until all the hoorah is over as I always do.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » June 21st, 2017, 5:52 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:Yeah I don't expect it to be documentary style film or even worth discussing in terms of accuracy. That's generally never what the purpose of films are. They are simply to glamorize actual events into wishful thinking. Very few film directors can get the money they need to make a film and keep a story strict to it's roots. Hollywood (production company's and film distributors) film only allows a small variation of film types and you have to stick to that template.

I think as far as the true story goes Death Row had so many wars going on in Compton it's leaves speculation to who the trigger man was. But as far as gang rules go it's almost always a quick response from the guys you just had a massive altercation with. And having a club in Vegas was no safety net.
2Pac clearly made a horrible decision mimicking a gangbangers life style.

You have guys like Big U who take a lot of advise from Suge, but certainly didn't allow Nipsey and Kurupt to go down that same road, and kudos for that. I haven't seen the film yet, and will likely wait until all the hoorah is over as I always do.
why bring Big U into this convo? I was in the joint with him and his street cred didn't carry over at all in the joint.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » June 26th, 2017, 4:16 am

Seen it. It was lit. It may not all be true still i enjoyed the deep message it was tryna send. Power to the people. "Not all brothas are brothas."

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 29th, 2017, 12:04 pm

For anyone who cares, heres the original Affidavit and Search Warrant and a timeline of what exactly happened in Compton after Tupacs murder. Someone posted it in the youtube comments.
The next days there were back and forth shooting almost on an hourly basis. Crazy.

http://chuckphilipspost.com/NEW/wp-cont ... arrant.pdf

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 5th, 2017, 1:37 am

yes ..sentenza those years was no joke it was on like it was 89

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 5th, 2017, 4:12 am

bgcasper wrote:yes ..sentenza those years was no joke it was on like it was 89
Tells me that the people who were involved immediately knew who did it and that there is nothing true about all these conspiracy theories.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 7th, 2017, 12:34 am

yes sentenza ..even me not being from the us i was visting relatives and i knew all about the whole story people who followed sg since day one of the guest book era can confirmed what im sayin...this case is unlike the 9 11 ..its very clear and people from the city of compton from that area all knew who did it and how he did it with who he did that ...

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » July 7th, 2017, 12:17 pm

That tupac movie was a disgrace. I streamed it online.

Bunch of fuckboys who dont give a fuck about the mans legacy just tryin to look for a quick buck.

Glad it flopped at the box office.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 12th, 2017, 12:54 am

throw a link didnt see it yet

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » July 15th, 2017, 8:07 pm

bgcasper wrote:throw a link didnt see it yet
The site i used took it down

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 17th, 2017, 3:08 am

i saw it ...mmmm.... just another str8 outa cpt those subject need to be series and go into details ..cause in 1 movie its too compress u got that l.a period goin fast as a flash