Boyz n the Hood

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Boyz n the Hood

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 10th, 2017, 5:13 am

Analyzing the beef it looks to be the fictional tale of beef between the Rolling 60's and the BPS Jungles.

The home of Tre, Ricky and Doughboy is placed between 59th and 60th on Cimmeron.

Doughboy's friends tend to wear Seattle Mariners hats

Ricky goes to Crenshaw High School and Tre Washington Prep High respectively.

Initial beef kicks off near Crenshaw and MLK blvd between Rollin 30's and BPS territory.
This could lend to a situation where a few bloods and crips may end up in the same location for Crenshaw Cruising Sunday.

Doughboy has found that the gangmembers retreated back to their territory for dinner which was at the edge of BPS territory.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Boyz n the Hood

Unread post by Sentenza » August 10th, 2017, 6:00 am

I remember reading this article a while ago.
Film director John Singleton grew up in Twin’s neighborhood, of the Hoover Crips, and drew characters for Boyz N the Hood from “Hoover”. One of the main characters in the film was based on Twin.

“I was the one in the alley with that young man who was killed in the movie. I was in the car after the killing, and I remember not letting John in the car. John was real emotional and wanted to go but he was only 12 or 13 and I was like no, this ain’t you, you ain’t this. (Years later) John had me and another guy at the movie premiere... I couldn’t believe how well he captured all that world so well on film.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-gill ... 37778.html

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 10th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Yes I realized that because he wrote in the script that Tre went to Washington.
But in the film also as a child he lives in Watts with his mother, and when ever he went to live in his fathers house it was bath to 60th and Cimmeron until finally he lived exclusively on the West Side.

When I was at Washington High there were a few Rollin 60's there also. No Hoovers though, not 1.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2017, 9:06 pm

[quote="LionTheOracle"]Yes I realized that because he wrote in the script that Tre went to Washington.
But in the film also as a child he lives in Watts with his mother, and when ever he went to live in his fathers house it was bath to 60th and Cimmeron until finally he lived exclusively on the West Side.

When I was at Washington High there were a few Rollin 60's there also. No Hoovers though, not 1.[/quote]
in the film??? they never ever went to watts ..when he was a child he was in morningside and was walkin thru crenshaw mafia hood in inglewood not watts ??? you mixed boys n hood with menace ?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2017, 9:14 pm

now u can tell me what u want all singleton movie are hood i mean boys n the hood was clearly describing the life of youngsters livin in nh crip hood no doupt..u can catch crips flamin noaday but n the 80's u will never see a hoova roccin mariner caps so it was clear ...even the baby boys one was hood too the shit was all over nh 40's

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 10th, 2017, 11:59 pm

bgcasper wrote:
LionTheOracle wrote:Yes I realized that because he wrote in the script that Tre went to Washington.

When I was at Washington High there were a few Rollin 60's there also. No Hoovers though, not 1.
in the film??? they never ever went to watts ..when he was a child he was in morningside and was walkin thru crenshaw mafia hood in inglewood not watts ??? you mixed boys n hood with menace ?
Your right I don't know why I said Watts Crips I clearly knew that the young boy in class told Tre he's not from Africa but Crenshaw Mafia and the dead body they saw was near Hollywood Park. Probably because I wrote the response 4am a couple hours before I needed to be at my office.

But also I had to keep in mind that for the sake of fantasy the young guy (Rob) who smacks young doughboy says 'cuzz' when he thanks Ricky for the toss. So that's probably just bad writing for the sake of geo accuracy.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 11th, 2017, 12:04 am

But also to correct myself, that scene is also in the Rollin 60's territory.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 11th, 2017, 12:09 am

Rollin 20's territory makes a cameo as Furious Styles explains gentrification but Ricky identifies it as Compton.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » August 11th, 2017, 1:57 am

LionTheOracle wrote:Analyzing the beef it looks to be the fictional tale of beef between the Rolling 60's and the BPS Jungles.

The home of Tre, Ricky and Doughboy is placed between 59th and 60th on Cimmeron.

Doughboy's friends tend to wear Seattle Mariners hats

Ricky goes to Crenshaw High School and Tre Washington Prep High respectively.

Initial beef kicks off near Crenshaw and MLK blvd between Rollin 30's and BPS territory.
This could lend to a situation where a few bloods and crips may end up in the same location for Crenshaw Cruising Sunday.

Doughboy has found that the gangmembers retreated back to their territory for dinner which was at the edge of BPS territory.
Crenshaw and MLK is not in between BPS territory at ll that's further North.

I think Tre and the young boys were walking through any hood but they could of been walking back to their hood and got the ball taken, remember the young dude Doughboy actually knew one of the older dudes that got punked for their ball.

Those dudes that shot Ricky were probably from ING particularly CMG not BPS.Cause the dudes were cruising around they neighborhood alot so they stayed close by.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2017, 5:22 am

yall talkin about them kids finding the dead body along the rails that scene aint no bps or ofg thats crips str8 up they dress walk and talk crip period they even say cuzz and theres a compton crip on that scene from kelly

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2017, 5:24 am

on top of all that ...i hope yall know which crip hood around crenshaw have a rail tracc in the middle ...i mean please dont make me spell it again those werent no bloods

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2017, 5:34 am

my guess for that movie is that them crips stealing kids ball was 60 the crips from their hood cube and all them thats a good question i would say one of the small nhood crip set north of 60 like 46 or 50's the bullys who got servd i would have said bps but thats a guess ...for the second movie baby boy i would have say nh40 cause of the location of the scenes

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 11th, 2017, 3:33 pm

bgcasper wrote:on top of all that ...i hope yall know which crip hood around crenshaw have a rail tracc in the middle ...i mean please dont make me spell it again those werent no bloods
Yes again, I know. I specifically said anytime Tre lived with his dad it was in 60's neighborhood. His mom was in CMG neighborhood. Although they suggested Compton in the scene that was suppose to be in Compton that was according to filming location the 20's and of course the houses look like the low bottoms area anyway. Furious Styles office was in the 30's territory.

They didn't actually film anything in Compton.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 13th, 2017, 9:26 pm

yeah tru compton wasnt in compton actually the era that film got filmed around 1990 cpt was a war zone thats the era of crip on crip wars

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 14th, 2017, 7:05 am

bgcasper wrote:yeah tru compton wasnt in compton actually the era that film got filmed around 1990 cpt was a war zone thats the era of crip on crip wars
My guess is that they were way too drive an entire filming crew and equipment for a 5 minute scene. These black movies in the 90's were done with really small budgets.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » August 14th, 2017, 2:08 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:Yes I realized that because he wrote in the script that Tre went to Washington.

Sure, i am not from there so i cant speak on that anyways, i just wanted to add that the story and the characters according to John Singleton were based on Hoover Crips that he knew & grew up with.
Apparently the shooting in the alley was based on a real life incident.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 14th, 2017, 10:37 pm

at the end of the day if the script say hoova and it came up like that my guess is ...that s not about what hood u wanna film in ..its more about what hood allow u to film inn, what connect u got??? aparently menace crew had a grape street pass due to connection they have and agreement made with grape street rep grape would give them major pass and security ..now my guess ..them boysn hood crew had more a nhood westisde package didnt include trip to the hub 60's wouldnt get pass over there in those days ...now only kev can know who from his hood got paid outa boys n hood and how many people actually did get pay that would be interesting to know how much hollywood would pay in those days to get hood pass for their whole crew in the lanhd ...

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 16th, 2017, 6:56 pm

bgcasper wrote:at the end of the day if the script say hoova and it came up like that my guess is ...that s not about what hood u wanna film in ..its more about what hood allow u to film inn, what connect u got??? aparently menace crew had a grape street pass due to connection they have and agreement made with grape street rep grape would give them major pass and security ..now my guess ..them boysn hood crew had more a nhood westisde package didnt include trip to the hub 60's wouldnt get pass over there in those days ...now only kev can know who from his hood got paid outa boys n hood and how many people actually did get pay that would be interesting to know how much hollywood would pay in those days to get hood pass for their whole crew in the lanhd ...
Was Big U collecting back then? I know he is now.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 16th, 2017, 7:54 pm

[quote="LionTheOracle"][quote="bgcasper"]at the end of the day if the script say hoova and it came up like that my guess is ...that s not about what hood u wanna film in ..its more about what hood allow u to film inn, what connect u got??? aparently menace crew had a grape street pass due to connection they have and agreement made with grape street rep grape would give them major pass and security ..now my guess ..them boysn hood crew had more a nhood westisde package didnt include trip to the hub 60's wouldnt get pass over there in those days ...now only kev can know who from his hood got paid outa boys n hood and how many people actually did get pay that would be interesting to know how much hollywood would pay in those days to get hood pass for their whole crew in the lanhd ...[/quote]

Was Big U collecting back then? I know he is now.[/quote]in those day keith was big u big homie but regarding who collected what thats something only 60 from that era like kev can know

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » August 18th, 2017, 1:26 am

Remember that scene where Furious takes Tre & Ricky to "Compton" to talk about gentrification...?

That wasn't even in Compton, that was in Mid-City in School Yard Crip territory.

From what I understand Compton has these weird laws about filming which makes it more difficult and possibly more expensive to film there.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » August 18th, 2017, 1:35 am

It's all fun to analyze, but ultimately of course it wasn't supposed to represent any particular gang squabbles (Hoover, 60s, BPS, etc) despite whatever particular hoods & individuals Singleton drew inspiration from... just more of an amalgamation of L.A. Black gang lifestyle in general... Like people ask what city Springfield in 'The Simpsons' is based on, and people point to where the creator grew up and took influence from, but it's really just supposed to represent the average city in the US.

I do agree that the dudes that Tre's people had beef with -- wearing all that red and driving a red car was a nod to Bloods, but without ever officially considering them "Bloods" in the movie.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » August 18th, 2017, 2:28 am

TheAngels wrote:It's all fun to analyze, but ultimately of course it wasn't supposed to represent any particular gang squabbles (Hoover, 60s, BPS, etc) despite whatever particular hoods & individuals Singleton drew inspiration from... just more of an amalgamation of L.A. Black gang lifestyle in general... Like people ask what city Springfield in 'The Simpsons' is based on, and people point to where the creator grew up and took influence from, but it's really just supposed to represent the average city in the US.

I do agree that the dudes that Tre's people had beef with -- wearing all that red and driving a red car was a nod to Bloods, but without ever officially considering them "Bloods" in the movie.
But there's no need. You don't need a particular gang squabble to look at the situation and determine that there demographic significance to this film and the reality it draws from. Most of those actors where from these neighborhoods and tapped into the real events they experience and spectate everyday. With that alone you can blur the details between fact and fiction simply to tell a story.

If someone watching the film asks how close is this to facts?
would this have happened in the 90's in such close detail?
The answer is yes.
The neighborhood is in BPS and Rollin 60's gang claimed territory. They were highly aggravated rivals during this period. And innocent people were killing simply because of their loose connection to that neighborhood.
It's identical representation of these particular neighborhoods in the 1990's. That's worth analyzing, and it's worth carrying this film over into real constitution of what the 1990's were like in exact replication.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 19th, 2017, 10:46 pm

yeah compton fall under laws but there is l.a willowbrook ect ect who are inside compton ring but who didnt fall under cpt law but again its a detail

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 19th, 2017, 10:51 pm

i dont think its accident the hoodtaz looked like hoodstaz and u can tell that a gang of detail show that they were acurate concerning location clothing hangin spot ect those details are revelant for the ones who have knowledge ...the guy knew exactly what they were doing and describing it was no random crips and bloods ...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 19th, 2017, 10:53 pm

lol u even have that lil eazy e hatin scene lol may be thats why they didnt dare risking their equipment in the hub

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 19th, 2017, 10:59 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU7PDR6TKIM[/youtube] lololol we want eazy also u had them paradin on crenshaw with c high attire and seatle mariner caps on with a golden lolo gettin into it with fully bull geard wearin jerry curl ass flamin muffuckaz lololol nooooo specific crips set described ???lolol

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 14th, 2017, 4:19 pm

I think some of you are being too literal. Dough Boy n some of his crew seemed liked Crips, but I didn't get the impression that they were all banging. Just lived in the wrong hood, to the bloods.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 14th, 2017, 4:38 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I think some of you are being too literal. Dough Boy n some of his crew seemed liked Crips, but I didn't get the impression that they were all banging. Just lived in the wrong hood, to the bloods.
Very, very few movies are going to explicitly say these are crip sand bloods from these specific sets. You just can't do it with out tremendous issues.

Although possibly a coincidence for some details, what we see is naturally a story that can easily be interpreted as a short war between 60's and BPS.

Sinista
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: West Palm Beach

Unread post by Sinista » September 28th, 2017, 8:37 pm

The movie was based on CMG's & 60's

Ever seen i noticed when Tre and Ricky got pulled by the officers and when the black officer jacked Tre up and out the gun to his face he mention mafia and 60's

So to me I put two and two together

But its crazy tho did the mafia's really act like that all tough and shit?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2017, 10:48 pm

[quote="MMRbkaRudog"]I think some of you are being too literal. Dough Boy n some of his crew seemed liked Crips, but I didn't get the impression that they were all banging. Just lived in the wrong hood, to the bloods.[/quote]
people who are not affiliated would not ending in a 64 with choper patrolin enemi hood and the way ice cube hopped off and finished the job that aint the usual ways on how non affiliate get down ....non afiliate paybacc would probably be from the inside of a patrol car lookin for slobs from behind tinted window pointing fingaz and snichin in court

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2017, 10:59 pm

[quote="Sinista"]The movie was based on CMG's & 60's

Ever seen i noticed when Tre and Ricky got pulled by the officers and when the black officer jacked Tre up and out the gun to his face he mention mafia and 60's

So to me I put two and two together

But its crazy tho did the mafia's really act like that all tough and shit?[/quote]
been a close range enemigos ...there is cm in the begining but the curly ass blood that got booted ...to me the way they was bullying rollin all day thru their shit it must have been a close hood it was more from p stones or brim to me but u rite could be brims or fam just that their hood was around the 60's and cmg are not close to their area the bloods who would patrol their hood vinicity would be more vng;'s brims or stones and if its infglewood bloods it would be more the fam or nhp just next to their h60d ...cmg would patrol or do lil bully missions inside legend crip raymonds or ivc hood or any hundreds not the 60's

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 18th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Read an old article the other day. Doughboy is based on a 107 Hoover member.
Armed with an invitation to "Boyz N the Hood's" Hollywood premiere, Singleton is visiting his childhood pal, Michael Winters, who is Singleton's model for Doughboy, the neighborhood enforcer. The two haven't seen each other since Singleton started shooting his movie. But they've been friends since sixth grade, when they were learning to skateboard, riding the bus downtown to see triple-feature movies and starting to take an interest in girls.
Winters is open about having been in gangs when he was younger. "Yeh, I was doing all that stuff, smoking weed and hanging out. I was in the 107th Street Hoover Crips. It's part of growing up around here--hanging around with the in-crowd.
http://articles.latimes.com/1991-07-07/ ... -singleton