Crip gang members linked by DNA to 1978 robbery homicide

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
Venu
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Austin

Crip gang members linked by DNA to 1978 robbery homicide

Unread post by Venu » October 19th, 2018, 1:56 am

This is my first post on the Streetgangs forum and I would like to start by thanking Alex Alonso for bringing us the treasure of information that is streetgangs.com. I would be stoked if he posted here with any pertinent information on this case...

https://signalscv.com/2017/08/murderer- ... wednesday/

So basically two Crip gang members have been convicted in a gas station robbery-homicide that happened way back in 1978. I would like to know if anyone knows what set they were from and any connections they may have had to other Crip gang members.

I was able to find a book that Terry Moses co-authored from prison, Genesis of a Genocide:

https://books.google.com/books?id=zDZX0LfDzgEC

I find it interesting that the 1978 murder comes just a few months before the February 1979 Whittier Blvd robbery murder that Tookie Williams was convicted of (on somewhat questionable evidence...). Both locations in a far northwesterly distance from Crip neighborhoods.

Venu

Re: Crip gang members linked by DNA to 1978 robbery homicide

Unread post by Venu » October 19th, 2018, 2:03 am

Venu wrote:Both locations in a far northwesterly distance from Crip neighborhoods.
* Should have read easterly . From what I recall Whittier was not a stronghold of any black gangs at the time?

Venu

Unread post by Venu » October 19th, 2018, 2:28 am

Oh my God...

Ok guys, it's 4 o'clock in the morning and my mind is shot. Terry and Neal weren't crips; Terry was a bounty hunter. If a moderator could please edit this thread's title and remove my errors I would be most appreciative. I don't know how I jumped the gun calling this guy a "crip", but sure is a damn shame. :lol: :roll:

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 20th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Terry Moses is from Bounty Hunter Bloods, do not think he is a Crip. Looks like he was extremely active. Does not appear that any of this is related to gangs.

- Terry Moses, pleaded guilty on Jan. 7, 2016, to kidnapping and killing gas station attendant Leslie Long on Dec. 3, 1978.
- Moses also pleaded guilty to the murders of Carlton Goodwin and Michael Fuqua, who were slain Aug. 22, 1976
- Moses plead guilty to the attempted murder of Kenney Guevara on Dec. 7, 1996.