Black families of Venice Shoreline Crips mentioned in 1988 Oakwood Plan to vacate area

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Black families of Venice Shoreline Crips mentioned in 1988 Oakwood Plan to vacate area

Unread post by alexalonso » August 8th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Finally got my hands on a copy of the LAPD Oakwood plan that discusses Venice and the following families are mentioned from Venice Shoreline Crips:
1. Blockmons, Gerald Blockmon “Greeneye” is main leader.
2. Cagles
3. Cheethams
4. Wares
5. Featherstones, family came from Arkansas during 1950s. Include 5 brothers, Gary, Clifford, Mark, Chris, and Lynn. Sister Cheryl.

Other Shorelines:
1. Lennie “Duck” Murphy, related to Cheatham family
2. Tyrone Harvey
3. Hodnetts are related to Wares
4. Soil family related to Blockmons
5. Smith family is related to James Garth and Blockmons
6. Banks family related to Burseys

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Black families of Venice Shoreline Crips mentioned in 1988 Oakwood Plan to vacate area

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 17th, 2020, 10:18 am

Post that article. That would be an interesting read. Some of my homies/cousins from my dad's side are related to the Cheathams and other families from over there, and some of the Sho-lines grew up with us in West L.A. before turning Sho-line Crip. Their families are from over there, that's why they turned.

HNIC
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Re: Black families of Venice Shoreline Crips mentioned in 1988 Oakwood Plan to vacate area

Unread post by HNIC » August 20th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Very interesting... I;m sure that this is the same as my kids family, they mommas family are Hodnetts, this is a big family with old Cali roots, originally from Georgia and then Arkansas, came to Central Cali (Hanford and Fresno areas) in the 1930s before some moved to LA... I doubt if they know that they are related to VSLC, I'll dig deeper and update

HNIC
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Unread post by HNIC » August 20th, 2020, 9:33 pm

HNIC wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 9:22 pm
Very interesting... I;m sure that this is the same as my kids family, they mommas family are Hodnetts, this is a big family with old Cali roots, originally from Georgia and then Arkansas, came to Central Cali (Hanford and Fresno areas) in the 1930s before some moved to LA... I doubt if they know that they are related to VSLC, I'll dig deeper and update
Correction they came to Central CA in the early 1920s