E/S Barrio Loko Park

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by xxx » March 4th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Off Central Ave in the 20s, on the East Side.

Where did this name come from?

I havent see any park over there.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4125
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 4th, 2006, 8:57 pm

oldguy wrote:Off Central Ave in the 20s, on the East Side.

Where did this name come from?

I havent see any park over there.


Central Rec Center between Central & Hooper on 22nd
LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.

That park used to be full of crazys back in the day, before
the area went real skid-row type, and LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang "not a transplant"...

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by xxx » March 7th, 2006, 9:02 pm

lonewolf wrote:
oldguy wrote:Off Central Ave in the 20s, on the East Side.

Where did this name come from?

I havent see any park over there.


Central Rec Center between Central & Hooper on 22nd
LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.

That park used to be full of crazys back in the day, before
the area went real skid-row type, and LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang "not a transplant"...

Really? 40 + Years? 2006-40=1966......

I never heard of these guys intil way later. Never bump into one.

I thought 38s dominated that area as far as Chicanos go.

They seem to be surrounded by 38s, PFs, and some click called ES 13ST on 28th.st, i never heard of them either, intil i made a visit over there.

A For the Record, no one Calls South Central, Sur Centro, i never seen or heard that term intil the internet.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4125
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 7th, 2006, 9:45 pm

oldguy wrote:I never heard of these guys intil way later. Never bump into one.

I thought 38s dominated that area as far as Chicanos go.

They seem to be surrounded by 38s, PFs, and some click called ES 13ST on 28th.st, i never heard of them either, intil i made a visit over there.

A For the Record, no one Calls South Central, Sur Centro, i never seen or heard that term intil the internet.


Loco Park has been there since at least the early 70s that I know for sure.
They are homegrown Sur Centro and they been there much longer than wsPF & 13ST....

I don't know who was in that area prior to them, wether it was 38 or C14 or ANY1 else "I really can't say" - But for sure they were already firmly established by the very early 70s.

As for you never have having heard the name Sur Centro being used before.... Well, YOU AIN'T CHICANO NOR MEXICAN - ARE YOU? Por Que Si'no I Would Be A Mute Point Trying To Get You To Understand How We Talk Amongst Ourselves "TODO MOCHO!"

Here you asked a question that tou did not know the answer to, and I came forward and gave you my spill from what "I KNOW" for a fact, then you question it - doubting me... Well Oldguy, there's plenty of other Chicanos on here that can speak up if I'm wrong -- so, I'll leave it at that.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by xxx » March 7th, 2006, 10:10 pm

lonewolf wrote:[As for you never have having heard the name Sur Centro being used before.... Well, YOU AIN'T CHICANO NOR MEXICAN - ARE YOU? Por Que Si'no I Would Be A Mute Point Trying To Get You To Understand How We Talk Amongst Ourselves "TODO MOCHO!"

Ive lived on the West Side my whole life, in South Central, b4"WE" started using that term. Ive been around Chicanos my whole life in THIS area,went to school with chicanos from THIS area,F13s/C14s/18s/SxLs never heard them used that phraze sur centro, i think its an internet thang or some new shit

Here you asked a question that tou did not know the answer to, and I came forward and gave you my spill from what "I KNOW" for a fact, then you question it - doubting me... Well Oldguy, there's plenty of other Chicanos on here that can speak up if I'm wrong -- so, I'll leave it at that.

Aint no Chicanos in here from the East Side Low Bottoms, so we both well be guessing on this one.

i aint saying what you stating is false, im just not familiar with this gang being around for 40 yrs.

And you are known for putting to much on it when it comes to the la raza.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4125
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 8th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Ey Oldguy, I lived in Florencia all the way up to the very early 70s, then my Jefita, lil' bro & myself moved into Dog Town The Projects just a couple of miles down from Loco Park -- that's how come I know about them being there since then... My Jefito who is a sub-contractor and whom I would tag along with, used to pick up some of his hired help in this Loco Park area -- that is how I first learned of them... PxF Flips were my Boys back in the day and we would walk all over the planet including this Loco park area going as far as scoring some. Back in those days there was no wsPF in that area but LxP was there...

As to SUR CENTRO, wether you heard it or not IS NO SWEAT because to us, wether you say Sur Centro, Sur Central or South Central "it's all the same" -- NOTHING TO BUTT HEADS OVER!

I'm thinking maybe you're confusing how we talk when those around don't understand Calo or Spanglish and you hear us talk like everybody else does out in the streets; but when we talk amongst ourselves, then it is a whole different slang that incorporates Inglish, Español, Jive, Calo and a mixture of them all -- even Mexicans down south of the border can't understand us. "IT'S WAY DIFFERENT TO SAY THE LEAST" but like I said -- "Nothing To Butt Heads Over."

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Unread post by xxx » March 24th, 2006, 9:36 am

lonewolf wrote:LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.




CLANTONERO wrote:THE OLDEST IN SOUTH CENTRAL WOULD HAVE TO BE 38ST THEN CLANTON 14ST AND PXFLATS.

THE REST CAMED IN THE EARLY 80's.



CLANTONERO wrote:LOCO PARK WAS STARTED PROBABLY WHEN I WAS TORCIDO ,

I STARTED HEARING OF THEM LIKE IN EARLY 90'S



LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang
"not a transplant"...
[/quote]

LOCO PARK WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED WERE KINDA LIKE GRAPE ST IN THE SENSE THAT THERE WERE THE BLACK VERSION AND THE MEXICAN VERSION.

THE BLACKS IF IM CORRECT CLAIMED LOCO PARK 22ST HUSTLERS AND

THE MEXICANS LOCO PARK 23RD.THEY BOTH SHARED THE SAME GROUNDS AND WERE COOL


lonewolf wrote:Ey Oldguy, I lived in Florencia all the way up to the very early 70s, then my Jefita, lil' bro & myself moved into Dog Town The Projects just a couple of miles down from Loco Park -- that's how come I know about them being there since then...


Florence 2 China Town 2 San Pedro 2 T.J 2 Special agent border patrol officier.

when did you have time to bang?


where are you really getting your info from Lonewolf?

where you from again ese 8)

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Unread post by xxx » March 24th, 2006, 9:39 am

lonewolf wrote:LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.




CLANTONERO wrote:THE OLDEST IN SOUTH CENTRAL WOULD HAVE TO BE 38ST THEN CLANTON 14ST AND PXFLATS.

THE REST CAMED IN THE EARLY 80's.



CLANTONERO wrote:LOCO PARK WAS STARTED PROBABLY WHEN I WAS TORCIDO ,

I STARTED HEARING OF THEM LIKE IN EARLY 90'S



lonewolf wrote:LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang
"not a transplant"...


CLANTONERO wrote:LOCO PARK WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED WERE KINDA LIKE GRAPE ST IN THE SENSE THAT THERE WERE THE BLACK VERSION AND THE MEXICAN VERSION.

THE BLACKS IF IM CORRECT CLAIMED LOCO PARK 22ST HUSTLERS AND

THE MEXICANS LOCO PARK 23RD.THEY BOTH SHARED THE SAME GROUNDS AND WERE COOL


lonewolf wrote:Ey Oldguy, I lived in Florencia all the way up to the very early 70s, then my Jefita, lil' bro & myself moved into Dog Town The Projects just a couple of miles down from Loco Park -- that's how come I know about them being there since then...


Florence 2 China Town 2 San Pedro 2 T.J 2 Special agent border patrol officier.

when did you have time to bang?


where are you really getting your info from Lonewolf?

where you from again ese 8)[/quote]

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 965
Joined: September 1st, 2003, 10:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL
Location: http://allhood.proboards.com/index.cgi
Contact:

Unread post by Young Nile » March 24th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Damn...The big homie told me that same shit that the Blacks and Mexicans in that area were banging the same shit back then. The Blacks from Loko Park all or mostly turned SS.43GC. Go up Central and bank a Right on 22nd. You'll see Loko Park and SS.43GC hit up.....

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 249
Joined: February 14th, 2004, 8:19 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX
Location: Rio Grande Valley - 956
Contact:

Unread post by chupon106 » November 2nd, 2006, 8:07 pm

in response to the argument over the use of "Sur Central." i know its not just an internet term cuz BROWNSIDE the gangster rap group uses it a few times on there new cd the take over

Hernandezr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: February 23rd, 2017, 2:09 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los angeles

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by Hernandezr » February 23rd, 2017, 4:25 am

Lonewolf wrote:
oldguy wrote:Off Central Ave in the 20s, on the East Side.

Where did this name come from?

I havent see any park over there.
Central Rec Center between Central & Hooper on 22nd
LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.

That park used to be full of crazys back in the day, before
the area went real skid-row type, and LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang "not a transplant"...
Not older than pf..does not have more than 40 years

Hernandezr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: February 23rd, 2017, 2:09 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los angeles

Re:

Unread post by Hernandezr » February 26th, 2017, 2:54 am

xxx wrote:
lonewolf wrote: LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.

CLANTONERO wrote:THE OLDEST IN SOUTH CENTRAL WOULD HAVE TO BE 38ST THEN CLANTON 14ST AND PXFLATS.

THE REST CAMED IN THE EARLY 80's.
CLANTONERO wrote:LOCO PARK WAS STARTED PROBABLY WHEN I WAS TORCIDO ,

I STARTED HEARING OF THEM LIKE IN EARLY 90'S
lonewolf wrote:LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang
"not a transplant"...
CLANTONERO wrote:LOCO PARK WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED WERE KINDA LIKE GRAPE ST IN THE SENSE THAT THERE WERE THE BLACK VERSION AND THE MEXICAN VERSION.

THE BLACKS IF IM CORRECT CLAIMED LOCO PARK 22ST HUSTLERS AND

THE MEXICANS LOCO PARK 23RD.THEY BOTH SHARED THE SAME GROUNDS AND WERE COOL
lonewolf wrote:Ey Oldguy, I lived in Florencia all the way up to the very early 70s, then my Jefita, lil' bro & myself moved into Dog Town The Projects just a couple of miles down from Loco Park -- that's how come I know about them being there since then...
Florence 2 China Town 2 San Pedro 2 T.J 2 Special agent border patrol officier.

when did you have time to bang?


where are you really getting your info from Lonewolf?

where you from again ese 8)
[/quote]ALL THIS SHIT IS WAAAY OFF.....

playermadecholo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 62
Joined: May 9th, 2014, 11:55 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: houstone

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by playermadecholo » March 12th, 2017, 6:45 pm

LOCO PARK IS AN OG SOUTH CENTRAL VARRIO BACK WHEN THE EASTSIDE WAS MOSTLY BLACK IN THE EARLY 80'S.

User avatar
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6088
Joined: June 19th, 2003, 7:01 am
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by bgcasper » March 13th, 2017, 4:24 am

Hernandezr wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
oldguy wrote:Off Central Ave in the 20s, on the East Side.

Where did this name come from?

I havent see any park over there.
Central Rec Center between Central & Hooper on 22nd
LOCO x PARK been there for a long ass time. Been there
long before wsPxF. - A good 40+ years that I know of.

That park used to be full of crazys back in the day, before
the area went real skid-row type, and LxP is an original
Sur Centro Chicano/Mexican gang "not a transplant"...
Not older than pf..does not have more than 40 years
well he was not talkin on the og pf hood in boyle height he was refering to their presence in 23rd ...and about sur central aint nothing fro internet if u read walls over there a gang of varrio is hit up with sc in front and it do stand for sur central ..

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 489
Joined: June 28th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Re: E/S Barrio Loko Park

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » May 5th, 2017, 1:34 am

Aye stall the homie from the china town projects out. He just tryna give us some bistory aye. . .

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”