Compton Nightlife?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Compton Nightlife?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 9th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Compton aint known for night life, but during the 1980s there was a place in Compton called Skateland, and it was cracking there at night. I went a few times in 1988 and 1989, but so many gangsters would be there it became too dangerous. One night there was a murder in the front of the place. The front of the place looked like the back, because the entrance was in the back. You had to drive to the rear parking lot where the front doors were.

I always thought that the front doors were put in the rear to hide the drama from the public.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » April 17th, 2011, 12:48 am

alexalonso wrote:Compton aint known for night life, but during the 1980s there was a place in Compton called Skateland, and it was cracking there at night. I went a few times in 1988 and 1989, but so many gangsters would be there it became too dangerous. One night there was a murder in the front of the place. The front of the place looked like the back, because the entrance was in the back. You had to drive to the rear parking lot where the front doors were.

I always thought that the front doors were put in the rear to hide the drama from the public.
Was that the same skating rink that OG Turtle(RIP) and SBCC were filmed at in that old documentary/news footage on youtube?

Also, is that video from a news broadcast or part of a doc? If it was from a broadcast was it national or local? If its from a documentary whats the name of that doc?

Thanks in advance.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » April 22nd, 2011, 10:50 am

Nightlife in cOmpton???? LOL. Most likely they would go to long Beach, LA, Carson, Lakewood for any real clubs.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » November 30th, 2012, 4:51 pm

alexalonso wrote:Compton aint known for night life, but during the 1980s there was a place in Compton called Skateland, and it was cracking there at night. I went a few times in 1988 and 1989, but so many gangsters would be there it became too dangerous. One night there was a murder in the front of the place. The front of the place looked like the back, because the entrance was in the back. You had to drive to the rear parking lot where the front doors were.

Skateland used to be a bowling alley,it was a blues club next door where Dre used to perform b4 NWA

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 31st, 2013, 3:54 am

[quote="alexalonso"]Compton aint known for night life, but during the 1980s there was a place in Compton called Skateland, and it was cracking there at night. I went a few times in 1988 and 1989, but so many gangsters would be there it became too dangerous. One night there was a murder in the front of the place. The front of the place looked like the back, because the entrance was in the back. You had to drive to the rear parking lot where the front doors were.

I always thought that the front doors were put in the rear to hide the drama from the public.[/quote]

If u & me are referring 2 the same place, I saw a video on YouTube that had OG Turtle in it from Santana Block. The video was shot in the mid or late '80s. OG Turtle was in his lowrider going 2 the skating ring & the video had footage of OG Turtle & Crips from other hoods (can't remember which). OG Turtle gave a roll call 2 the different Crip sets who had members in attendance. They left the skating ring & went 2 the gas station & OG Turtle was telling his story how he became a Crip and his OG status in the set. Shortly thereafter there was footage of Turtle getting pulled over by the sheriff/cops. The film looked 2 be a documentary. My man was g'd up as y'all say w/ the curls in his hair w/ blue or black on. He may have had on a NY Stankees coat.
I would search 4 the video on YT but I'm too lazy.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 31st, 2013, 8:08 am

you cant be lazy homie ^^

put that video up ... its called - Bringin' Sum to the mothafucan table!

all you vatos/niggas on here need to step up your game

if I give you gold up in this mufucka... I expect something decent in return ... thats on EAST LOS!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 31st, 2013, 9:34 am

here u go martinez my brother went to school in paramount thats how i knew about tf dp

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 31st, 2013, 9:37 am

night on rose street compton when it was still sbc hood

M&L
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: at home

Unread post by M&L » January 31st, 2013, 7:26 pm

casper made this site u cant goin against him he a livin legend

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 31st, 2013, 10:14 pm

[quote="MARTINEZ"]you cant be lazy homie ^^

put that video up ... its called - Bringin' Sum to the mothafucan table!

all you vatos/niggas on here need to step up your game

if I give you gold up in this mufucka... I expect something decent in return ... thats on EAST LOS![/quote]

Martinez, I believe in free will & I willed not 2 post that video of OG Turtle. I didn't have 2, Casper did. I was sure I wasn't the only Street Gangs member who have seen the video on YouTube & shonuff I'm not. U ain't never took a short cut or abridged 1 of your posts 4 the sake of time?

I bring what I can 2 the table. I'm all the way in North Carolina 4 goodness sake. Honestly I ask more questions than anything b/c I'm not in the know. There really isn't any reciprocity from me b/c again, in all honesty all I do is 'take' the info that y'all provide. I don't have any first hand knowledge of anything pertaining 2 West Coast gangbanging unless I see it in a video, read something on here, or over on The Hood Up forum. Now if u wanna see me 'bringing something 2 the table' that I have first hand knowledge on, take a trip 2 the Religious Forum & I bet all the stripes you've earned as a banger that I'm 1 of the most active Street Gangers over there.

I'm not any black man's nigga and I sure ain't a Mexican's, white man's or nobody else's nigga. I don't even use that word as a black man and I don't appreciate other black people, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, & etc. using that word as an endearing term 2 me or anybody else 4 that matter. Some things just can't be made right or cleaned up, like using nigga in a good way. U got me my WETBACK, my BEANNER!

If anybody has given me gold in here it's been Alonso & some of the old heads who are long gone as regular posters on SG. Martinez, what have u given ME lately? How have I benefited from any info that you've supplied?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”