sur x13

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: sur x13

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » June 14th, 2004, 4:49 pm

GIBBY wrote: ORALE.
MARTINEZ
Qvole East Siders. I always wondered about the LOTT13/LOTE MV connection. I guess my question is answered

Paz Homie[/quote]

LOTE MARA (LMR) is a real OLD varrio that hasn't been too active since the early 80's. There territory is only a few blocks and its borders are Dangler Ave. (east) to McDonnell (west) to 1st (south) to Brooklyn Ave. (north). It isn't connected to that any other hood.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 14th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Señor Martinez, I told you homie, I'm getting old fast, gracias for the update, good info.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » June 14th, 2004, 11:07 pm

LONE-WOLF,

SIMON HOMIE, WE'RE ALL GETTING OLD,... HOPEFULLY WE'LL LEARN SOMETHING GOOD ALONG THE WAY THOUGH, QUE-NO.....

COMO DICE el dicho MEXICANO, "HAY QUE SENTAR CABEZA"....
In english, "Settle your ass down, get your head on right, you getting old!"

UN PLACER CARNAL
ORALE.
MARTINEZ

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 15th, 2004, 9:57 am

MARTINEZ. wrote:******* REVISED / ADDED NOTES ******

GIBBY, wrote:
{"Another question I always had was why does the LOTT13 spell LOTT with two Tees instead on one? Is there any connection to Lott Ave off off Woolwine in CT? Whatever happened to Linda from TLS13? "...}

Good question homie,
I could lie and say we startd on "LOTT Ave.", pero that calle is just a FIRME coincedence homie, when I was about 14 years old, I took that street sign down and hung it in my room. It was a very prized posession... LOLOLOL

Even though there are many O.G. LOTT 13 homies who still live up in the hills, the vatos de GL dont sweat the older vatos from THE LOTT and vice versa...theres just too much history between the older vatos from THE LOTT and Geraghty...Unfortunately there is still much bad blood and animosity between the younger generations from TLS 13 and GL, age 30 and younger.

Pero, the original birth-place of THE LOTT 13 is the big empty spacious hill sides of City Terrace, specifically behind Van Pelt, That was the Original LOTT X3 in the late 70's on the East side of City Terrace Park.

As for Linda, no la conosco ? Who was she with? hang out ? related to ?
Young hina, older hina ??

Our Varrio slogan = LIVIN' ON THE TOP = LOTT X3
LOTT 13 - always spelled with a double TT, since 1977. Always will be.

ORALE.
MARTINEZ
Qvole. Linda was about your age I guess. She used to sell dipers. She was a light skinned blond haired hyna. She would roll with Fox de GxL. Anyways I remember her from back in the days tambien.

I always thought the LOTT was up on Miller off Branick where it dead ends. Howed the pleito start with GxL? Wasnt it due to GxL going over TLS wriitng, atleast that what I remember. I rememebr a party with TLS, GL, and LMV alond time ago off Folsom before. GxL seemed to be dieng out right before esRW got in. I remember those esRW vatos like Yoda, Joker, Lefty, Thumper etc. Peace

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 15th, 2004, 10:58 am

Gibby,

Orale. Homie your are on the ball, carnal.
On my previous post, I stated THE (Original 1977) LOTT 13 was behind Van Pelt, but by the early 80's all the way up to mid 90's, the heart of the varrio had moved 1 block down into THE (Big) LOTT X3 where Brannick and Blanchard streets meet, so yes your are correct.
That's what I would call, the heart of THE LOTT STONERS varrio.

Do you remember the 100 stairs right on Brannick at the dead end ?
The juras and city tore them down, cause all those canton's were THE LOTT Projects... We had it going on right there.... they've built some newly furnished new cantons there now.

Simon, the plieto between THE LOTT and Geraghty Loma starting over some dumb #$#% from GL hat didn't even grew up in either varrio, he lived somewhere else in the boonies and GL recruited him, and he thought he could cross out THE LOTT and not pay a price, ...well that price is still being paid....

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 15th, 2004, 2:00 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:Gibby,

Orale. Homie your are on the ball, carnal.
On my previous post, I stated THE (Original 1977) LOTT 13 was behind Van Pelt, but by the early 80's all the way up to mid 90's, the heart of the varrio had moved 1 block down into THE (Big) LOTT X3 where Brannick and Blanchard streets meet, so yes your are correct.
That's what I would call, the heart of THE LOTT STONERS varrio.

Do you remember the 100 stairs right on Brannick at the dead end ?
The juras and city tore them down, cause all those canton's were THE LOTT Projects... We had it going on right there.... they've built some newly furnished new cantons there now.

Simon, the plieto between THE LOTT and Geraghty Loma starting over some dumb #$#% from GL hat didn't even grew up in either varrio, he lived somewhere else in the boonies and GL recruited him, and he thought he could cross out THE LOTT and not pay a price, ...well that price is still being paid....

ORALE.
MARTINEZ
Qvo. Damn thats some messed up stuff starting over some BS. Who was that vato? Nah I cant say I remember the 100 stairs to clearly. What I do remember is the kick back spot on top of the dirt hill on the left hand side if thats what yout talking about. I think there were some stairs to get up there but Im not sure. Ive only been up there like twice before. I remember some vet from LV being up there when I was there but I wasnt gonna sweat some 40 year old vato when i was 15 LOL plus I respected it was your hood.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 15th, 2004, 7:07 pm

I got to ask you Gibby and Señor Martinez, if you would somewhat agree with me as to White Fence and to a lesser degree also The Lott gangs, behaving like West Side Gangs instead of the traditional East Side Gangs ?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 16th, 2004, 9:44 am

LONE-WOLF,

ORALE CARNAL. PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BEHAVING LIKE WEST SIDE GANGS ?

BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENCES between EAST LOS gangs & WEST LOS gangs.

MARTINEZ

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 16th, 2004, 11:27 am

lonewolf wrote:I got to ask you Gibby and Señor Martinez, if you would somewhat agree with me as to White Fence and to a lesser degree also The Lott gangs, behaving like West Side Gangs instead of the traditional East Side Gangs ?
I would have to disagree due to the fact that ES'WF is one of, if not the most, traditional barrio in exhistance. Im not sure how we would characterize West Side barrios because they are so different themselves. You have some which are very traditional like WS'Diamond St and WS'Temple St and newer upstart hoods like WS'Headhunters and WS'BigTop'Ls. So based on your experiance how is it that ES'WF and ES'TLS behave more like WS barrios as opposed to ES barrios?

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » June 16th, 2004, 5:15 pm

GIBBY WROTE:
{..." Nah I cant say I remember the 100 stairs to clearly. What I do remember is the kick back spot on top of the dirt hill on the left hand side if thats what yout talking about. I think there were some stairs to get up there but Im not sure. Ive only been up there like twice before. I remember some vet from LV being up there when I was there but I wasnt gonna sweat some 40 year old vato when i was 15 LOL plus I respected it was your hood..."} CLOSE QUOTE.

Q-VO fellow EAST SIDER,
SIMON, YOU WERE IN The heart of THE LOTT STONERS hood right there,
on Brannick and Blanchard. I'm sure that was in the 80's que-no? Who were you there with?

Cause the 100 stairs was about 15' to the left of that, by the late 80's and all the 90's all those houses on that side of the hill became THE LOTT Projects, you know what i mean ?

What about the trail right across the street that lead up to City Terrace park ? That was always deep with homeboys tambien.

Also, That older vato de Lil Valley you seen, I can also bet he had a bottle of Thunder-bird or strong liqour in his hand ? Unfortunately, that was his undoing, he past away a few years ago from sirossis of the liver, caused by all that strong liquor, That vato has gang of family from THE LOTT. He was in his 40's, huero vato with a brocha, que-no.

Also, I spoke to one my homegirls' from THE LOTT 13 Baby Locas and she knew who that hina Huera Linda was? She told me all about her.

ORALE. MARTINEZ

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

n

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 16th, 2004, 7:05 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:LONE-WOLF,

ORALE CARNAL. PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BEHAVING LIKE WEST SIDE GANGS ?

MARTINEZ
Let's see if I can communicate correctrly to you, why I think White Fence to be more especific, since I'm not too familiar with The Lott, as I am to some degree with WF. We all know WF is, if not the 1st, for sure one of the oldest gangs in L.A. starting out in the East Side. Traditionally the ES gangs are more tightly held together with anything from gang rules, family ties, and actual Barrio neighborhood territory that really does'nt change much over time, for instance Happy Valley, Cuatro Flats, Nuevo Estrada and so on. However WF is all over the map like in Alhambra, Echo Park, Hollywood, and if my memory does'nt fail me, somewhere in Bell or Bell Gardens (could be wrong on this last one). Anyhow, the point is that they're like most old West Sider gangs like 18 ST, C14, PBS, HPS, and even TST, in the sense that they move in to neighborhoods and clique up people from the area and start up a varrio of WF far from their OG varrio which is what the WS gangs are known for doing. You'll find that most OG WS gangs, have East Sides, South Sides, and even North Sides, a lot of those sides with no real defined borders, unlike the more traditional OG ES gangs, for example BHR, WG, LVR, DTR, and so on, of which you know their territory boundaries. The Lott 13, from what I have lil' experience with, appears to be moving in the same direction by clicking up Boys here and Locos there, in this part of Los and that part of town. So in this perspective, is why I ask, if you agree or not as to WF and TLS13 behaving like West Side gangs. What's your take on the subject ? I'm keeping an open mind, this trend is becoming more and more everyday, very few gangs not doing it, seems like they'll die out unless they also do the same.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: n

Unread post by GIBBY » June 16th, 2004, 11:17 pm

lonewolf wrote:

MARTINEZ
Let's see if I can communicate correctrly to you, why I think White Fence to be more especific, since I'm not too familiar with The Lott, as I am to some degree with WF. We all know WF is, if not the 1st, for sure one of the oldest gangs in L.A. starting out in the East Side. Traditionally the ES gangs are more tightly held together with anything from gang rules, family ties, and actual Barrio neighborhood territory that really does'nt change much over time, for instance Happy Valley, Cuatro Flats, Nuevo Estrada and so on. However WF is all over the map like in Alhambra, Echo Park, Hollywood, and if my memory does'nt fail me, somewhere in Bell or Bell Gardens (could be wrong on this last one). Anyhow, the point is that they're like most old West Sider gangs like 18 ST, C14, PBS, HPS, and even TST, in the sense that they move in to neighborhoods and clique up people from the area and start up a varrio of WF far from their OG varrio which is what the WS gangs are known for doing. You'll find that most OG WS gangs, have East Sides, South Sides, and even North Sides, a lot of those sides with no real defined borders, unlike the more traditional OG ES gangs, for example BHR, WG, LVR, DTR, and so on, of which you know their territory boundaries. The Lott 13, from what I have lil' experience with, appears to be moving in the same direction by clicking up Boys here and Locos there, in this part of Los and that part of town. So in this perspective, is why I ask, if you agree or not as to WF and TLS13 behaving like West Side gangs. What's your take on the subject ? I'm keeping an open mind, this trend is becoming more and more everyday, very few gangs not doing it, seems like they'll die out unless they also do the same.
Well I would say that I disagree with your whole premise. Several ES hoods have expanded to other parts of the city and county area. For example PFlats has a WS hood in Central LA and has had one for some time. VNE, another "traditional East Side barrio" during the 60s/70s expanded out to theMontebello area and is still there today. King Kobras, another traditional East Side barrio, expanded out to Bell Gardens in the 70s and they also still exhist over there.

I also wouldnt consider expansion a a traditional WS phenomenum. Diamond has never expanded. Echo Park has never expanded. Sotel has never expanded. The same can be said for Venice13, CxC, Rebels13 etc. So thats my look on things. I dont think expansion can be specificaly linked only to ES, WS, SS, NS, SUR, NORTE etc etc etc

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 17th, 2004, 1:39 pm

MARTINEZ. wrote:GIBBY WROTE:
{..." Nah I cant say I remember the 100 stairs to clearly. What I do remember is the kick back spot on top of the dirt hill on the left hand side if thats what yout talking about. I think there were some stairs to get up there but Im not sure. Ive only been up there like twice before. I remember some vet from LV being up there when I was there but I wasnt gonna sweat some 40 year old vato when i was 15 LOL plus I respected it was your hood..."} CLOSE QUOTE.

Q-VO fellow EAST SIDER,
SIMON, YOU WERE IN The heart of THE LOTT STONERS hood right there,
on Brannick and Blanchard. I'm sure that was in the 80's que-no? Who were you there with?

Cause the 100 stairs was about 15' to the left of that, by the late 80's and all the 90's all those houses on that side of the hill became THE LOTT Projects, you know what i mean ?

What about the trail right across the street that lead up to City Terrace park ? That was always deep with homeboys tambien.

Also, That older vato de Lil Valley you seen, I can also bet he had a bottle of Thunder-bird or strong liqour in his hand ? Unfortunately, that was his undoing, he past away a few years ago from sirossis of the liver, caused by all that strong liquor, That vato has gang of family from THE LOTT. He was in his 40's, huero vato with a brocha, que-no.

Also, I spoke to one my homegirls' from THE LOTT 13 Baby Locas and she knew who that hina Huera Linda was? She told me all about her.

ORALE. MARTINEZ
Yeah I would guess I went up there in about 89-91. I went up there with a vato named Gumby de WF the first time and the second time I went up there it was for a party with a vato from GxL. Know that I think about it I went to another LOTT party up on one of those little side streets. There was a band playing there too.

Simoe the vato from LV was heurito. So what ever happened to Linda? Married? Moved away? Peace

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 17th, 2004, 2:25 pm

GIBBY,

ORALE CARNAL. I JUST HAD ONE OF THOSE "FRIO" FLASH-BACKS, WAS THIS HINA, HUERA LINDA, SOLD FRIOS, LIVE ON MARIANNA ST., IN-BETWEEN BLANCHARD & FOLSOM ST in THE LOTT ?

SHES IN HER MID 30'S? HAS A CARNALA WHO ALSO SMOKED FRIOS?

I REMEMBER CARNAL, WHEN I GOT OUF OF Y.A. IN 93, THERE WAS THESE 2 HINAS WHO SOLD FRIO'S & LIVE RIGHT THERE. ME & MY HOMEBOY YOGIE USED TO WACKED OUT WITH THEM.

IF THAT'S HER, HELL YA I KNOW HER, I JUST DIDNT REMEMBER HER NAME, PERO UNFORTUNATELY HOMIE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER. HOPEFULLY SHE SETTLE DOWN....

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » June 17th, 2004, 5:26 pm

Since the subject came up, im curious what would u say IS the major difference between east/ west Los gangs?

Peace!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 17th, 2004, 8:25 pm

GIBBY wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

MARTINEZ
Well I would say that I disagree with your whole premise. Several ES hoods have expanded to other parts of the city and county area. For example PFlats has a WS hood in Central LA and has had one for some time. VNE, another "traditional East Side barrio" during the 60s/70s expanded out to theMontebello area and is still there today. King Kobras, another traditional East Side barrio, expanded out to Bell Gardens in the 70s and they also still exhist over there.

I also wouldnt consider expansion a a traditional WS phenomenum. Diamond has never expanded. Echo Park has never expanded. Sotel has never expanded. The same can be said for Venice13, CxC, Rebels13 etc. So thats my look on things. I dont think expansion can be specificaly linked only to ES, WS, SS, NS, SUR, NORTE etc etc etc
Expanding your hood territory is one thing especially if you keep it in the sorrounding area I suppose, but most East Side Varrios stay put within their borders and keep to themselves and busy only on their neighbors, however the West Side Varrios migrate here and migrate there, one year here and another there, clicke up locos here and there, unlike the E X S that recruits from it's youngsters in the hood, people that you've grown up and went to school since childhood, cousins, brothers, but not let in vatos whom you did'nt even know prior to moving in to their neighborhood. You mentioned SoTeL, Venice 13, Culver City as W x S, true they're in the extreme West L.A. area but they're more like the Varrios in the Harbor Area such as Wilmas, Longo and San Pipas. You also mentioned Diamond Street and I believe E x P, these are more the exception in the W x S and not the norm. I turn the mic' over to you.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » June 18th, 2004, 9:46 am

lonewolf wrote:
GIBBY wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

MARTINEZ

Expanding your hood territory is one thing especially if you keep it in the sorrounding area I suppose, but most East Side Varrios stay put within their borders and keep to themselves and busy only on their neighbors, however the West Side Varrios migrate here and migrate there, one year here and another there, clicke up locos here and there, unlike the E X S that recruits from it's youngsters in the hood, people that you've grown up and went to school since childhood, cousins, brothers, but not let in vatos whom you did'nt even know prior to moving in to their neighborhood. You mentioned SoTeL, Venice 13, Culver City as W x S, true they're in the extreme West L.A. area but they're more like the Varrios in the Harbor Area such as Wilmas, Longo and San Pipas. You also mentioned Diamond Street and I believe E x P, these are more the exception in the W x S and not the norm. I turn the mic' over to you.
Mic check one, check two LOL Qvole Lobo. I would say most ES barrios lack expansion due to lack of recruitment. This lack of recruinment can be attirbuted more to loss of desire on behave of possible members than a conscience effort of not wanting to expand and recruit, whether that means a couple of blocks or a couple cities over. Like a mentioned before you cannot get more old school than WF, VNE, and PF As a matter of fact VNE was one of the hoods you mentioned the first time around as a traditonal hood. I dont know if you over looked the fact or forget about their expansion to the Montebello area. Now withou a doubt WF, VNE, AND PF were setting the pace and trends for the Boyle Heights area. All hoods in BHTS cannot denny an influnce whether it be dirrect or indirrect from the barrios mentioned. Without WF, there is no PF, and there is no VNE, then there is no ELA13 (ELA13 is another old school barrio that expaned out to another Part of the City) than there is no Opal St, MCforce, TMC, and so on and so on.

I also beleive that alot of WS barrios migrate due to losing ground, not because their ganning ground. For example if you look at barrios like wsBNLS, wsRSL, and wsBTLS thet dont have the strongholds on thier original areas like they did.

My last point is this WF expaned out to ExP and Hollywood in the early 70s. PF expanded out to central LA in the 70s. VNE expanded out to Montebello in the 60s/70s. ELA13 expaned out to Montebello/East Los in the 70s. All these ES hoods expaneded before these WS barrios you mentioned like PBS, MCS, HPS,18 etc had more than one side other than their original hoods. So if anything these traditonal ES barrios like WF, VNE, PF, and ELA13 set the pace for those things that those WS barrios would end up doing years later.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 18th, 2004, 11:27 am

GIBBY,

GOOD STUFF CARNAL, YOU SHOULD PUT THAT ON A STRING CALLED ORIGINS OF EAST LOS / BOYLE HEIGHTS GANGS...

The reason i say that is cause, there's this website called "origins of barrios in Los" "gangland", something -something like that....

and that fools info is all jacked up, that vato actually put the MC Force was one of the 1st hoods in east los ???? even before VNE....

orale.
MARTINEZ

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 18th, 2004, 7:30 pm

You're right Gibby, some old barrios are dying out for lack of recruitment, and not caring about either expansion or branching out. My Barrio is one that started to go in the brach out direction at first, but we soon found out that the tight family was hard to sustain when everyone of our younger cliques was finding pedo in every corner, at times even with traditional allies. With every additional foot taken from someone else, one more enemy was made. Along with this came the fact that too many of our homies started to break down the rules we had, things like taking care of the hood, not letting any dealing in our streets, protecting the property of not only our familias but also our neighbors. Because of issues like these among others, we pulled ourselves together and tried to revert back to a united gang with the same perspective and we succeeded to a degree. But the new trend is hard to fight against, everyone wants to be hardcore #1, it is no longer about holding up your own and keeping it rational, and enjoying the high and good times along the way. Now is a fast life, making the feria. So in my opinion and many in my barrio, we are the traditional barrio trying to keep it together, we don't want to be like 18ST, WF, MS13, MV'S, and the like, we are a tight familia and back all of our homies all the way, one for all & all for one, and we keep a check on our people when they get out of line. No need to be all over the planet, that to us means not understanding what the Barrio life truly means. The expansion and branching out is an endless road of violence with anyone and all around you, without taking the time to get along with some if not all the Raza. We're a dying breed that's for sure, but that to me is the traditional East Side Barrio.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » June 20th, 2004, 12:27 am

Lonewolf,

I can definetly agree with expansion leading to more violence.
In my time/generation THE LOTT STONERS Gang O.G. 1st hood was very tight with Geraghty Loma, but since 1993 there was blood shed after more than a generation of "unity and love" (We even all the same enemies)
My (very) personal point of view is in East Los there was never 2 varrios closer than THE LOTT 13 and Geraghty Loma. I know... I lived it.

Another example - in y.a. I had perros and cellies from EAST LA 13 whittier blvd side, but when THE LOTT 13 expanded to a 2nd hood in the early 90's past Atlantic / down Beverly blvd. at first the THE LOTT 13 & EAST LA 13 were riding together, almost the way THE LOTT and GL used to ride together. But the same thing happened, all it takes is one knuckle head to snap and ruin a relationship for 2 varrios who were very close and my little homies from THE LOTT Gang starting riding vs. east la 13 and took over damn near all the n'hood.
(as Gibby has stated confirmed many times on this site)

During my Locote/gang-banging days, Geraghty and East LA 13 were both very close allies; but now the younger generations are going at with each other. Theres no more "allies/clicked up/riding together" in East Los. If someone knows other-wise, por favor, let this vato know....

So I definitely feel you homie (Lonewolf) on your point....
ORALE.
MARTINEZ

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”