FROG TOWN RIFA

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Anonymous20

FROG TOWN RIFA

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 21st, 2004, 7:37 pm

WHat happened to these dudes, are they still around and what location? I knew a ese from there back in 1983, pretty down and always rolled solo.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: FROG TOWN RIFA

Unread post by bgcasper » March 21st, 2004, 9:42 pm

I THINK THEY NEAR GLENDALE OR SUM NEAR TOONERVILLE

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » March 22nd, 2004, 11:22 am

They are in North East Los between Atwater and Cypress Park. Their main streets are Riverside Drive and all the little streets like Blake, Crystal,Riverdale etc

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 22nd, 2004, 1:00 pm

GIBBY wrote:They are in North East Los between Atwater and Cypress Park. Their main streets are Riverside Drive and all the little streets like Blake, Crystal,Riverdale etc
Yeah...thats them. Are they still around and how would you rank them---Weak-Average-Above average...........Small or Large Gang?

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » March 22nd, 2004, 1:28 pm

kevmac wrote:
GIBBY wrote:They are in North East Los between Atwater and Cypress Park. Their main streets are Riverside Drive and all the little streets like Blake, Crystal,Riverdale etc
Yeah...thats them. Are they still around and how would you rank them---Weak-Average-Above average...........Small or Large Gang?
Yeah they are still around and probally will always be. They are one of the OG Los Angeles hoods. Theyve always been on the small side and real tight knit. They are generational and have Gramps, Dads,and sons from FTR. They kinda died down for a minute but recruited some taggers that started up the Parkside Click. They get respect and are old school tambien.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 23rd, 2004, 10:50 am

I remember when they were going at it with the upstart TRS(Thee Rascals from Atwater) in the late80's/90's. The TRS messed up and shot a veterano from FTR, FTR gave them the blues for awhile...LOL.

Like Gibby said, they are an old varrio...their enemigas are all around them, but they still hold it down, their varrio. I don't think it has changed the past two decades, actually more than that. They are very tight knit, I think more than most of the varrios from the LOS, much smaller in comparison to the "jump in anybody" gangs. I knew a girl that lived in their hood...we made sure never to go down the wrong street when we picked her up, it was wartime...LOL and it was no joke either! So I'd give them an above average for keeping their varrio intact this long and keeping their traditions alive. No busters from there, and they didn't care about how many heads they had in.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 26th, 2004, 6:00 pm

i remember i was wearin brown and grey and my homie lil guys
told me that some fool wanted to bang on me kuz he thought i was from frog town so does frog town wher grey and brown?

cocaine
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cocaine » March 29th, 2004, 8:06 pm

a member of frohtown had a shoot out with the cops about 2 years back.

el tio
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by el tio » March 30th, 2004, 2:40 pm

what about LA RANA......isn't that like an area near del amo blvd. by crenshaw.....near the refinery........i always heard about it but never seen anything?

nela_4lyf
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nela_4lyf » April 14th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Frogtown definately holds theirs down.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 4th, 2007, 5:17 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:i remember i was wearin brown and grey and my homie lil guys
told me that some fool wanted to bang on me kuz he thought i was from frog town so does frog town wher grey and brown?
Frog Town's bandana color is "Green" -->regular green, not dark, nor light.

VARRIO FROG TOWN RIFA

FTR was born in the early part of the last century. This neighborhood lays tucked in-between Elysian Hills and Glendale. The area was oldenly known as Little River Valley because this area lay right next to the L.A. River in-between the Glendale Narrows Verdugo Wash and the tributary Arroyo Seco. This area because of the thick vegetation growth along the wandering river bed and its river banks, allowed for a large gnat and insect infestation which in turn, sustained the growth of a sizable Frog population. During these early years along the River Side community, one could hear at night the sound of Bullfrogs all through out the nights. These nightly songs of the Bullfrogs, gave rise to the name for the area by its Mexican residents who inhabited this marsh & swamp locality.

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 11th, 2007, 5:41 pm

How long has that mural on the side of that big wall on the river been around.You know, the one you can see on the freeway, the one that has these indian symbols.I dont know if its FTR or TRS hood, thats a bad ass mural.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 11th, 2007, 5:51 pm

el tio wrote:what about LA RANA......isn't that like an area near del amo blvd. by crenshaw.....near the refinery........i always heard about it but never seen anything?
Simon, the Varrio was almost completely demolished and the Mobil Oil
Refinery and the Dow Chemical Plant now sits over most of their hood.
What's left is mainly that lone strip of Del Amo between Crenshaw and
Western. The rest of it is V204TH ST Hood now, between Western and
Denker. Del Amo to Torrance.

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 11th, 2007, 5:56 pm

My familia was real close to moving to FrogTown.If only the houses werent so expensive.That would have been the shit living in a house with the LA river as your backyard.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 25th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Here is a photo i took in 1999 in the LA river in Fron Town neighborhood.

There are some more LA River shots from Balboa to Long Beach here with about 4 more Frog Town graffiti pics:

http://www.streetgangs.com/gallery/082399lariver/

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”