DOG TOWN RIFA

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
NikexCortez

DOG TOWN RIFA

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 26th, 2004, 9:01 pm

Anybody know of any information of them? How was they created? When? Who they beef it with? Are they crazy? What are they known for? ect.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: DOG TOWN RIFA

Unread post by GIBBY » March 29th, 2004, 12:59 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Anybody know of any information of them? How was they created? When? Who they beef it with? Are they crazy? What are they known for? ect.
Dog Town is outta the William Meads Projects in between Liconln Heights and Donwtown. They also have a click in Highland Park around Monte Vista and Ave 55. Supposedly the got thier name from the Dog Pound acros the street from the PJs. They beef with esClover, Avenues, ExLake, Liconln Heights, Highland Park. The died out for a while in the mid 80s. The only real active click was the Dog Town Stoners. Some heads from DT started a click called Brick City. The grew and eventually started beefing with DT. Their is no more BC in the PJs. In my opinon they kinda stay to themselves in the PJs and you dont here too much about them. The HLP DT seems to have their handsfull with Aves.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 29th, 2004, 5:33 pm

alrite cool, thanx alot for the info Gibby.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » March 29th, 2004, 9:24 pm

NikexCortez wrote:alrite cool, thanx alot for the info Gibby.
Aight, why you asking?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 29th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Because they just down from my area China Town. And i never ran into them before. And i never hear about them. But people say saposably they crazy. Im just curious thats all. Everytime i go to the projects down there i see everywhere always tagged up.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » March 30th, 2004, 10:25 am

NikexCortez wrote:Because they just down from my area China Town. And i never ran into them before. And i never hear about them. But people say saposably they crazy. Im just curious thats all. Everytime i go to the projects down there i see everywhere always tagged up.
OK. Yeah they are pretty much confined to their PJs. You wont see them hanging out on any main streets or anything.

What exact area do you consider to be your neighborhood?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 30th, 2004, 3:44 pm

China Town.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 27th, 2004, 7:21 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Anybody know of any information of them? How was they created? When? Who they beef it with? Are they crazy? What are they known for? ect.
The story that I heard about Dog Town is that, it got its name because of a dog pound that existed on Ann street accross from the William Mead Pojects on Main street which is Dog Town main hood. Dog Town is a very old gang, a lot of vatos that I know from DTR claim it goes back to the late 30's. DTR is one of those little unknown gangs that have some pretty crazy people in it. They're mainly a Chicano gang but they also have Puerto Ricans, Whites & a least one Black that I know for sure in their gang. DTR is one of those gangs that has big time dislike - to put it softly - of any Blacks. I know a lot of those vatos don't even listen to Rap, only oldies. Those in Highland Park are an offspring & recruits from the veteranos that moved out of the projects. DTR main enemies are East Side Clover, Cypress Park, El Sereno, Frog Town and Lincoln Heights. In the "olden" days that I remember when I went to Junior High and also a year at Lincoln H.S. their main allies were - beleive it or not - 43RD AVENUES, BIG HAZARD, HAPPY VALLEY, HIGHLAND PARK, & some of the MARAVILLAS.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 27th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Some of DOG x TOWN cliques are
DUQUES / DUKES
CHICOS / BOYS
ENANOS / MIDGETS
PEQUEñOS / PEEWEES
SANTOS / SAINTS

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 28th, 2004, 2:53 pm

lonewolf wrote:
The story that I heard about Dog Town is that, it got its name because of a dog pound that existed on Ann street accross from the William Mead Pojects on Main street which is Dog Town main hood. Dog Town is a very old gang, a lot of vatos that I know from DTR claim it goes back to the late 30's. DTR is one of those little unknown gangs that have some pretty crazy people in it. They're mainly a Chicano gang but they also have Puerto Ricans, Whites & a least one Black that I know for sure in their gang. DTR is one of those gangs that has big time dislike - to put it softly - of any Blacks. I know a lot of those vatos don't even listen to Rap, only oldies. Those in Highland Park are an offspring & recruits from the veteranos that moved out of the projects. DTR main enemies are East Side Clover, Cypress Park, El Sereno, Frog Town and Lincoln Heights. In the "olden" days that I remember when I went to Junior High and also a year at Lincoln H.S. their main allies were - beleive it or not - 43RD AVENUES, BIG HAZARD, HAPPY VALLEY, HIGHLAND PARK, & some of the MARAVILLAS.
Dog Town Monte Vista from the NELAS, weren't those recruits orginally some taggers that got jumped into DT?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 28th, 2004, 6:58 pm

DOG TOWN has always been very selective as to whom they allow in to their gang, and if some of those in Monte Vista were taggers, they would of had to known real good some DT vatos to be initiated into the gang and not just cliqued up. Most DT veteranos live in HLxP and in the San Gabriel Valley, like in La Puente & Pomona. I know that in order to join DT, someone from one of the established cliques has to vouch for you on an individual level, and attest to your credentials, I don't beleive that DT allows for a whole group of individuals to clique up at once, especially if the veteranos are still running the show.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » August 7th, 2004, 11:30 am

THANX ALOT FOR THE INFO GUYS.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 26th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Ay Lonewolf,
Do you know if any of the other hoods that claim Dog Town are related or came out of the O.G DTR Gang.

Dog Town Stoner -Gardena
NIPAS DOG TOWN-805 area. I heard of this one from another website.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » August 26th, 2004, 11:24 pm

theirs also another Dog Town in the IE too. somewhere in Riverside county.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 27th, 2004, 5:51 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:theirs also another Dog Town in the IE too. somewhere in Riverside county.
DOGS TOWN RUBIDOUX DTRX - not related to NELA's DOG TOWN - completely different.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 27th, 2004, 6:04 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:Ay Lonewolf,
Do you know if any of the other hoods that claim Dog Town are related or came out of the O.G DTR Gang.

Dog Town Stoner -Gardena
NIPAS DOG TOWN-805 area. I heard of this one from another website.
I would say negative on both, however I never met anyone from Nipomo's DT, as to DTS in Gardena, those I'm familiar with, and I know they're a mixed race gang. I saw them in action a couple of times versus Dodge City Crips and the Rancheros S.P., there was some rumors going around that they were originated by NELA's DT, but that is a complete false. The Dog DTR Town from Los has a big time dislike to put it nicely for "blacks", they're also very selective in their recruting. Their only two major Barrios are the Projects and in Highland Park. They do however have people in La Puente and Pomona, they also lay claim to part of the Broadway strip along China Town, and have held the wineries area of East Side Clover "as well as CLOVER ST proper" on the east side of the L.A. River accross from the projects - this last is still disputed, and has changed hands back and forth depending on who has the upper hand any particular day or night.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 27th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Gracias homie. Do you know why DTS claim Dog Town. It's an unsual name for someone else to use it.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 27th, 2004, 8:46 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:Gracias homie. Do you know why DTS claim Dog Town. It's an unsual name for someone else to use it.
No I don't, a lot of other places use the name Dog Town, even down here in TJ there is Dog Town Stoners, but they are "surfos & rockers" - not affiliated in any way with the ones in either Gardena or Los, hell they don't even know of their existance. Remember those stoners from Dog Town that started Bricc City in Alhambra, they were not a clique off Dog Town, they were to my knowledge people that had ties to the projects but never part of DTR. But what happens a lot of the time is that fools whom are nobodies in their Hoods, move out someplace else and use the Gang name for notoriety, especially in places where the funk is on the low side, but they got to change it up a little, otherwise the O.G's. will take note and come down to spank you, just like they did with Bricc City.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 31st, 2004, 7:19 pm

I just noticed Gibby talks about this a few entries up.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 11th, 2004, 10:54 am

lonewolf wrote:
BIGG LISTO wrote:Gracias homie. Do you know why DTS claim Dog Town. It's an unsual name for someone else to use it.
Remember those stoners from Dog Town that started Bricc City in Alhambra, they were not a clique off Dog Town, they were to my knowledge people that had ties to the projects but never part of DTR. But what happens a lot of the time is that fools whom are nobodies in their Hoods, move out someplace else and use the Gang name for notoriety, especially in places where the funk is on the low side, but they got to change it up a little, otherwise the O.G's. will take note and come down to spank you, just like they did with Bricc City.
The vatos who started Brick City Boys WERE originally from DTR. I beleive it was Bugs, Woody, Casper, Smurf, Brooks who were from DTR and then formed BCB. It was DTxBCB. Brick City Started in the Projects. Some vatos took it from the Projects into Alhambra, but during that time the core group stood living in the PJs. Its not like the vatos who started BC in Alhambra were not part of anything in the PJs and up and started something in Alhambra. First it was DTxBrick City Clicka. Brick City dropped the DT and they were still looked at as the youngsters from DT by the Vets. As you know eventually they started beefing and little by little they started leaving the PJs. Paz

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 15th, 2004, 8:20 pm

http://www.grconnect.com/murals/html/p9241040.html

http://www.hacla.org/housing_programs/will-mead.htm

http://www.deliriousla.net/ar334/ar334tour-housing.pdf

I found these sites that have some pictures of the Dog Town Projects for those that have never been there.
The last link, you will need to have adobe reader on you computer.
Also the last link has other info and pic's of other housing projects, but at the last page is a pic' of DT projects.
It becomes clear why some would call it "Brick City".

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 21st, 2004, 2:06 pm

Gibby out of the names you mentioned, CASPER is from los CHICOS clique, and smurf was a nobody. Do you know if these BCB were initiated into DTR?, because my understanding is that the veteranos ran the show for the most part and you would have to be initiated out otherwise it would be a death warrant out on you, you could not just claim it then turn around and start some other varrio.
Now, the vets are mostly not in the projects, they live for the most part in Highland Park, and I'm wondering if these BCB were youngsters that never were initiated into DTR but like I said before "had ties in the PJ's".?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 21st, 2004, 7:11 pm

Is Dog Town anyway connected to ES DPGx3 Dog Pound Gang?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 22nd, 2004, 6:03 pm

Never heard of Dog Pound.

There is DOG PATCH in Paramonte.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 23rd, 2004, 3:29 pm

lonewolf wrote:Gibby out of the names you mentioned, CASPER is from los CHICOS clique, and smurf was a nobody. Do you know if these BCB were initiated into DTR?, because my understanding is that the veteranos ran the show for the most part and you would have to be initiated out otherwise it would be a death warrant out on you, you could not just claim it then turn around and start some other varrio.
Now, the vets are mostly not in the projects, they live for the most part in Highland Park, and I'm wondering if these BCB were youngsters that never were initiated into DTR but like I said before "had ties in the PJ's".?
Qvole. Are you saying Casper from BCB got into DTR CHS? Im not sure if that happened bu I knew homeboy when we were both in the J.A.W.S program in the probation dept. He was a real firme vato. He was living in the PJs at the time for sure because I went to his pad a couple times and chilled. As far as Smurf being a nobody??? I aint gonna put dudes business on the streets, but Ill just say that I knew dude as a rider. He was probaly one of the last BCs that held down the PJs and down for his shit. It suprises me that you would even know about dude but I guess you know some gente from DTR or maybe you are from the D? Its my understanding that the vatos I mentioned WERE apart of DTR before they formed BCB. Im basing it on conversation I had 15+ years ago but thats what i remember. I know for a FACT that DTR and BCB played eachother in football before so its not as if anyone can convince me that BCB was some Alhambra transplant DT heads. They were a homegrown William Meads gang. What they became after is of no imortance, but the begginings are what they are. Alrato. Paz

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 23rd, 2004, 5:53 pm

The only Casper I know is from los CHICOS clique, and he was never BCB, as to Smurf, you're right I should not trash talk, it ain't my style so I'll backtrack on it, but I got some personal opinions - enough said. I'm going up to L.A. mañana, maybe I'll drop by and ask some questions to clear this up.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 23rd, 2004, 6:42 pm

Just made a phone call on the subject up to L.A., and I'm being told that Brick City was never part of DTR.
No way that you can claim DTR then cat out just like that, and be done with your loyalty. True vatos from Dog Town are all over the planet, as you well know in Highland Park, La Puente, Pomona, South Bay, and yes even "still" in Alhambra, non-bangers most of them living quietly.
Now I respect GIBBY and he's been on the money better than most of us up on here, but on this BCB being "part" of DT, I would disagree big time.
Out of the projects and ties to the projects is one thing, being from DTR is a whole different deal.
Now I don't know if we are speaking about the same Casper, you're referring to 15 years ago, and by that I'll say again Casper is from los Chicos, always has been - He's a white due with big owl glasses.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » September 24th, 2004, 9:26 am

lonewolf wrote:Just made a phone call on the subject up to L.A., and I'm being told that Brick City was never part of DTR.
No way that you can claim DTR then cat out just like that, and be done with your loyalty. True vatos from Dog Town are all over the planet, as you well know in Highland Park, La Puente, Pomona, South Bay, and yes even "still" in Alhambra, non-bangers most of them living quietly.
Now I respect GIBBY and he's been on the money better than most of us up on here, but on this BCB being "part" of DT, I would disagree big time.
Out of the projects and ties to the projects is one thing, being from DTR is a whole different deal.
Now I don't know if we are speaking about the same Casper, you're referring to 15 years ago, and by that I'll say again Casper is from los Chicos, always has been - He's a white due with big owl glasses.
I think you should ask yourself and your homeboys a couple of questions 1) If BCB and DTR were never clicked up, then why did DTR allow them to grow in the PJs. 2) Why were there friendly football games between the two ??? 3) Why did they hang out together in the beginning. 4) Why would vatos tell men they were a part of DTR if they were not (Makes them seem like transformers, and why would they admit it if it wasnt true) ??? Im not saying that all of BCB were part of DTR, BUT the main heads who started BCB ( Woody, Brooks, Bugsy etc) were jumped into DTR, then they formed BCB as their side little clicka, then it took of from there. YOU SAID "No way that you can claim DTR then cat out just like that, and be done with your loyalty". This thing didnt happen over night. BCB was there little side deal , which to my understanding was the grooming grounds for DTR. It was meant to be a clicka of DTR...DTRxBCB. For whatever reason over time some fued arose and the heads who started BCB decided to drop the DTR, and stick with BCB and the fire grew from there. Or maybe I was just lied to 15+ years ago. Well what Im saying makes sense to me but then again maybe Im wrong. Paz

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 25th, 2004, 7:26 pm

I went to the DT PJS on Friday, but I did not find the people that I went looking for, only a couple of the peewee rascals down by Leroy & Bolero. They did not have any knowledge as to BCB, they did not even know of their prior existence, but then again they were too young to know. I did however found out that DT still holds a big dislike for the Black ways, they will allow Blacks in as members as long as they are down 100% for the hood 1st. They claim that it is not racism and it is proven by having Black Vatos in the Barrio, that they only have to be down for the hood and not try and mix in the two cultures, this is done because they do not want the name "n lovers" that is applied to some Barrios that share their hood with Blacks. They also confided that as usual, there is only 30+ holding down the projects due to the main crowd being up at Highland Park having it out with the Avenues. I left without any further enlightment on the BCB question.
I caught a good look at the murals all along the DWP wall - 2 whole blocks.

I tried to follow up by going up to Highland Park and knocking on some doors, but the sh*t was too hot, juras all over the place, and then the AVES on the prowl, looking for who knows who. They threw out their "A" hand sign and displayed a shotgun towards my direction, to which the only recourse I had was to say nada, and then got my a*s out of there real quick before they had second thoughts and decide to double back. I did not want to become a casualty while on a research mission, on the real Homies.

I visited my familia in Cypress Park, and one of my primo's told me that the sh*t has been going down real hard with the Cypress Avenues, but that they have pushed the CAS out of their hood, all the way back to Division Street - borderline with Glassell Park, and CPBoys is holding down all the territory in-between Figueroa and Division, south of Isabel.

I went and visited my familia in ES18ST hood, and found out that WS18ST smoked one of the Vatos from ES18ST and now they are beefing big time with each other, real pedo between the ES & WS. They also told me that it is real focked up in El Sereno right now with the hood breaking up and a West Side ESR fighting a East Side ESR, with some of the cliques having it out with each other, real news to me on this one. No one could shed any light on the question of L12 catching the greeenlight (?), they were telling me that not a lot of people nowadays are not paying much attention to that anymore.

I followed up by driving down to San Pipas, visited my primo in Leland Park whom told me that their Vatos are still living in the area but that the RSP SCST & 16ST Locos have taken over the park and living among them, they have no youngsters or anyone representing the Barrio out in the streets any more, with the RSP Midgets (veteranos) living up the hill around Rena Park off of Summerland and Bandini.

I visited some old dogs from Park Western Loma down by 10 ST in Rancho's hood. And they also told me that they are not being represented in the streets anymore, most of them are just laying low, small in numbers and with too many canas on their heads, with the rest moving out to Carson and Long Beach.
I found out from these PWL Vets that in "fact" as Martinez had posted in a different topic that Barrio Pobre "is" an offshoot of Varrio South Los originally whom where driven out from their short stay in Carson mainly by Victoria Parque.

I drove by 8TH ST park but saw only the regular paisas gambling, and some other newbies playing handball - did not bother to stop.

I went and spoke with some of the SP Locos down at Oliver & Centre Streets, and they told me that VCO is still around but that they don't show their faces around too much. They also confirmed that the feuds between the RSP cliques is still like the olden days, free of gunplay between them - still one varrio, all will fight the common enemies.

I went down to the RSP projects and found the C's still there, except now they are on 1ST and Centre, not on 2nd - old G's, not no youngsters - recognized a couple of them.

I had some birrias with a couple of RSP veteranos over by 11 ST, and they had some good info. They told me that Young Crowd is still growing in numbers but that RSP veteranos are stepping up their play on them. They said that you could see YC numbers at times in the 50's or more over by 14 ST and Beacon, and that the RSP 16 ST Vets are not around, a lot of them locked up, and the 16 ST youngsters were not holding their own and not even keeping a presence in the area, that is why YC has been able to remain and grow. They told me that the original YC founders are no longer around, that most of their numbers are rejects of RSP, people from El Salvador, Guatemala, and other new arrivals whom do not fit into the San Pedro scene. (Same story being played out as before, like it went down with priors like the Uniteds and later BSP Barrio San Pedro - more of that story in the San Pedro topic), but that they are being supplied and propped up by those in Lynwood. The sh*t took a wrong turn when RSP 12 ST Locos did a number on YC that resulted in a friendly young civilian casualty, and now 12 ST is being hit by others from RSP having somewhat a small civil war - details were not wise to disclose.
People have been dropping from all sides to say the least.

Another story that they told me was that "in fact" Torrance T x Flats is related to CVTF, they told me that back in the late 60's the Tortilla Flats from East Los moved in and held ground in SP over by 3RD & Cabrillo, growing in numbers as many as 70+, at first they were cool, but then they started giving the new emerging RSP 3RD ST Locos a hard time, then the RSP "SANTOS & 8TH ST LOCOS" held meetings at the Toberman Center on Santa Cruz & Grand, and they decided to evict TF out of SP, but that they remained in SP all the way until "1973", when most of them moved away and ended up in Torrance, hence the name T x Flats without the "CV" to differentiate from those in Comptone, because they were out of East Los not Comptone.

The veteranos from PWL seconded the story, adding that TF people were also up in their hood and did have big numbers for those times when there wasn't as much raza as today.

One of the veteranos told me that he will look up some pictures and memorabilia that he has stashed somewhere, and that he would either e-mail or fax to me some of it.
I hope he does soon, can't wait to set my eyes on it - hope he comes through for real.

I then visited an old Homie from West Side Wilmas C Street Locos whom just bought a house in Dominguez Varrio 13 J ST Tiny Locos hood, I don't know if the J Stands for Jackson or Jefferson, anyways He had invited me to celebrate his new place and our familias had some pozole and some reminiscing of good ole' times (his ole lady and mine are the ones that introduced us way back). He was not too interested in the sh*t anymore, understandably, and the only thing he told me is that others from Wilmas as well as San Pedro have been moving in to the area because of the housing costs in SP & W, but I already knew this from as far back as the mid 80's.

Finished off my trip at my lil' sisters pad in North Side Longo, (no news gang wise here).

So there you have it, my weekend trip to Los Angeles, good feeling and good food.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 18th, 2004, 3:52 pm

CHECK OUT THIS STORY OF THE DOG TOWN (WILLIAM MEAD) PROJECTS.

IT TELLS THE STORY OF WHEN THE PR0JECTS CAME TO BE IN THE WESTERN PART OF "LINCOLN HEIGHTS" IN 1943, AND OF HOW THEY GOT THEIR NAME FROM AN ANIMAL SHELTER (DOG POUND) THAT EXISTED IN THE AREA, HENCE THE RESIDENTS CALLED IT "DOG TOWN" WHICH IS STILL THE NAME OF THE DOMINANT STREET GANG IN THE PROJECTS.

THE FOCKED UP STORY ABOUT THE CONTAMINATED GROUNDS HAVE SHED A LOT OF LIGHT ON THE HIGH RISE OF CANCER VICTIMS IN THE COMMUNITY THROUGH OUT THE DECADES AND IS BATTLE IN COURT THAT IS STILL BEING WAGED.

http://www.streetgangs.com/news/012700_dogtown/

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 6th, 2007, 12:42 am

Is Dog Town and Dog Patch connected?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » April 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm

Do Dog Town from the PJs claim ES?

I was in HLxP and saw FUA DOWNER DOGTOWN 13. FUA is a tag banging crew. Im guessing FUA are future DTR. Anybody else future DTR?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”