Gangs that go by "FLATS"

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Gangs that go by "FLATS"

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 21st, 2004, 8:50 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:Ive seen pictures of Tortilla Flats(TXF) writting in Torrance. I know they call themselves Torrance Flats and CVTF calls themselves Comptone Flats. As a matter of fact Ive also seen Tortilla X Flats Dukes hit up in that book Wallbangin'. I pretty sure you know the area more than me, Im just telling you what Ive heard and seen. We need S~Doobie tell help figure this one out.
I worked at the PS Business Park on 205th Street, on the corner of Crenshaw & Del Amo, accross from Dow Chemical for 11 1/2 years. I would take practically the same route every day. From San Pedro north bound on the 110 freeway, off on Torrance Blvd, then westbound on Torrance, past Vermont, past Normandie, then I would make a right (north) on Denker, up to Del Amo then turn left (west) on Del Amo all the way to Crenshaw. Right thru the heart of TxFLATS & 204TH ST Hoods, just about every day that I went to work, never once did I see TxFLATS write TORTILLA FLATS from 87 to 98 "not once". Now anybody can come up here and say differently, especially since both Comptone & Torrance Flats have been sleeping with each other on the inside according to those of you whom have witnessed it, and are familiar with them, but this part I know for a fact in my days thru Torrance TxFlats, you would see ~"TxF, TF, TxFlats"~, but never Tortilla Flats. Now I'm inclined to beleive that if some of you have seen Tortilla Flats posted up in Torrance then it would be the ones from CV TF visiting the locals, and not the locals themselves. Now S-DOOBIE'S EST neighborhood is down the street from TF, and yes I'm hoping He comes on board with any proof to me otherwise on the topic. Maybe even better yet, anyone from "TxFLATS in TORRANCE".

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 21st, 2004, 9:10 pm

This is what Sam told me about the Flats.

In the pinta there known as Torrance Flats and Comptone Flats. On the calles, it is tortilla flats or compton varrio tortilla flats. They are two seperate varrios but they get along and kick it, and share common enemies. I mean, Compton varrios dont drive to Torrance to do dirt on the regular but if they ran into each other at the movies or something, it would be on. When I lived in Gardena, both those varrios used to ride together and blast on G13. I have witnessed this first hand and when we roll threw flats, they have parties with each other and all that. Not on the regular but they are down with each other. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 VARRIOS OTHER THAN "COMPTON VARRIO TF". THEY ARE RELATED BUT LIKE I SAID, HAVE THEIR OWN IDENTITY.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 21st, 2004, 9:15 pm

lonewolf wrote:
BIGG LISTO wrote:Ive seen pictures of Tortilla Flats(TXF) writting in Torrance. I know they call themselves Torrance Flats and CVTF calls themselves Comptone Flats. As a matter of fact Ive also seen Tortilla X Flats Dukes hit up in that book Wallbangin'. I pretty sure you know the area more than me, Im just telling you what Ive heard and seen. We need S~Doobie tell help figure this one out.
I worked at the PS Business Park on 205th Street, on the corner of Crenshaw & Del Amo, accross from Dow Chemical for 11 1/2 years. I would take practically the same route every day. From San Pedro north bound on the 110 freeway, off on Torrance Blvd, then westbound on Torrance, past Vermont, past Normandie, then I would make a right (north) on Denker, up to Del Amo then turn left (west) on Del Amo all the way to Crenshaw. Right thru the heart of TxFLATS & 204TH ST Hoods, just about every day that I went to work, never once did I see TxFLATS write TORTILLA FLATS from 87 to 98 "not once". Now anybody can come up here and say differently, especially since both Comptone & Torrance Flats have been sleeping with each other on the inside according to those of you whom have witnessed it, and are familiar with them, but this part I know for a fact in my days thru Torrance TxFlats, you would see ~"TxF, TF, TxFlats"~, but never Tortilla Flats. Now I'm inclined to beleive that if some of you have seen Tortilla Flats posted up in Torrance then it would be the ones from CV TF visiting the locals, and not the locals themselves. Now S-DOOBIE'S EST neighborhood is down the street from TF, and yes I'm hoping He comes on board with any proof to me otherwise on the topic. Maybe even better yet, anyone from "TxFLATS in TORRANCE".
If you get a chance, check out this libro called Wallbangin'. There's pictures of them in their. You see TxFlats, TxF Dukes and Tortilla Flats Dukes. The TxFlats in Torrance claim Dukes? Si o No?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 21st, 2004, 9:28 pm

Here is my 2 cents more on the subject. (1) If there is no difference between CVTF & TF then everyone would recognize them as the same Barrio, the way is done with say F13 or MS for instance right? (2) Why would you continue to call one gang Torrance Flats & the other Comptone Flats unless is two separate gangs as well as different Barrios? (3) If there is no difference between them, then you would have to admit that an enemy of one - is an enemy of the other correct?, and many of you have mentioned that CVTF does not get along with anybody, however TxFlats has had a number of "get along" Barrios through the years in the Harbor Area. (4) You would have to admit that if they are together as one, then a lil' hood like 204th ST would be no problem to get rid of, as well as those other lil' sets of B's or C's plaguing Torrance TxFlats, and vise-versa those Gangs in Comptone that don't get along with CVTF would bring their rockets and shoot them on TxFlats in Torrance - because really they're only a short hop on the 91 freeway. (4) Why would one gang always use TORTILLA as a full part of their name & the other one only "T"?

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 21st, 2004, 9:31 pm

I guess only someone from the Torrance TxFlats can answer our questions or maybe even someone from CVTF.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 21st, 2004, 9:37 pm

Well back in the 80s I did have some cats from TxFlats that my Homies from Pedro & I got high with after work, in fact one day LAPD rolled up on us and took my Homies and the Vatos from TF in on warrants, being that I was clean I was left with the ranflas and had to distribute them one by one. That is what I was trying to get accross earlier about them being two different gangs with two separate calibers of funk.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » August 21st, 2004, 10:20 pm

HERE'S MY 5 "Centavos"

I'VE DONE TIME WITH MANY, MANY VATOS FROM COMPTONE TORTILLA FLATS, HAD CELLIES FROM CVTF, GOT DOWN WITH NORTENOS IN Northern C.Y.A.'s along side WITH SOLID VATOS FROM CVTF's.
& NEVER ONCE DID ANYONE OF THEM REFER TO THE TORRANCE FLATS AS "MY HOMIES".

SO HAVE TO AGREE THAT THEY ARE DEFINITELY 2 DISTINCT VARRIO's.

THEIR COMMON DENOMINATOR: THEY SHARE THE SAME NAME.
NOTE: I ALSO KNOW FOR A FACT, THAT the TORRANCE~FLATS ARE OFFICIALLY "TORRANCE TORTILLA FLATS"

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ONLY RECENTLY IN THE LAST 10 TO 12 YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN "CLICKING UP" So to speak.

I HONESTLY DO NOT RECALL ANY OF THE MANY VATOS FROM CVTF THAT I DID TIME WITH TELL ME THEY USED TO GO PARTY WITH TORRANCE FLATS or vice versa.

WELL I GUESS THAT's MORE THE 5 CENTS RIGHT, MORE LIKE 50 CENTS...
CHOOOOOOOWWW....

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 25th, 2004, 8:18 pm

I had some birrias with a couple of RSP veteranos over by 11 ST, and they had some good info. They told me that Young Crowd is still growing in numbers but that RSP veteranos are stepping up their play on them. They said that you could see YC numbers at times in the 50's or more over by 14 ST and Beacon, and that the RSP 16 ST Vets are not around, a lot of them locked up, and the 16 ST youngsters were not holding their own and not even keeping a presence in the area, that is why YC has been able to remain and grow. They told me that the original YC founders are no longer around, that most of their numbers are rejects of RSP, people from El Salvador, Guatemala, and other new arrivals whom do not fit into the San Pedro scene. (Same story being played out as before, like it went down with priors like the Uniteds and later BSP Barrio San Pedro - more of that story in the San Pedro topic), but that they are being supplied and propped up by those in Lynwood. The sh*t took a wrong turn when RSP 12 ST Locos did a number on YC that resulted in a friendly young civilian casualty, and now 12 ST is being hit by others from RSP having somewhat a small civil war - details were not wise to disclose.
People have been dropping from all sides to say the least.

Another story that they told me was that "in fact" Torrance T x Flats is related to CVTF, they told me that back in the late 60's the Tortilla Flats from East Los moved in and held ground in SP over by 3RD & Cabrillo, growing in numbers as many as 70+, at first they were cool, but then they started giving the new emerging RSP 3RD ST Locos a hard time, then the RSP "SANTOS & 8TH ST LOCOS" held meetings at the Toberman Center on Santa Cruz & Grand, and they decided to evict TF out of SP, but that they remained in SP all the way until "1973", when most of them moved away and ended up in Torrance, hence the name T x Flats without the "CV" to differentiate from those in Comptone, because they were out of East Los not Comptone.

The veteranos from PWL seconded the story, adding that TF people were also up in their hood and did have big numbers for those times when there wasn't as much raza as today.

One of the veteranos told me that he will look up some pictures and memorabilia that he has stashed somewhere, and that he would either e-mail or fax to me some of it.

yourmomslover
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by yourmomslover » May 23rd, 2018, 10:53 am

I have never heard of us beefing with Torrance Flats maybe its some old shit idk but i have seen them write Tortilla Flats like us..

Problemchild342
What city do you live in now?: Lawndale

Unread post by Problemchild342 » October 6th, 2020, 2:19 am

TxFlats go at it hard with Gardena 13, harbor city, keystone 13, Varrio 204street 13, la rana 13, east side Torrance 13 and harbor lomas 13

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”