Sotel 13

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » January 16th, 2006, 5:45 pm

i know this is an old thread but i was wonderin' if they beef with any black gangs

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 9th, 2006, 1:35 am

Burgundy wrote:i know this is an old thread but i was wonderin' if they beef with any black gangs
I have not heard of Sotel beefing with any black gangs, but there are not any black gangs on that side of town. The close black gang to Sotel would be the Play Boy Gangster Crips.

FLACO TSTX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FLACO TSTX3 » February 7th, 2007, 1:52 am

I WENT TO ALOT OF SCHOOLS IN THE WESTSIDE WHEN I WOULD GET KICKED OUT OF SCHOOLS FROM
SOUTH CENTRAL,DOWNTOWN,HOLLYWOOD OR VALLEY SCHOOLS.

MIDDLE SCHOOLS
HIGH SCHOOLS.

WEBSTER MIDDLE SCHOOL,EMERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL,UNI HIGH
WILL ALWAYS BE SOTEL YOUNGSTER SCHOOLS/

I WENT TO THOSE SCHOOLS SO I KNEW A COUPLE OF SOTELS.

SOTEL13 [S13] THE ACTUALL STREET NAME IS SAWTELLE .
STARTED IN THE 50'60'

THERE MAIN CLICK NOW IS DIABLOS.
THEY USUALLY WEAR THE SD HAT,MEANING - SOTEL DIABLOS click
THEY FLY BROWN RAGS
THEY CLAIM STONER PARK,THEY BE THERE ALOT. DEEP 2.

ENEMIES:SANTAMONICA,VENICE13,CULVER CITY,18ST,MS13,DUI krew
HELMS ST, MAYBE STILL WS LOCOS.

I REMEMBER THEY WERE STARTING A CLICK OR SOMETHING IN DOWNTOWN L.A. ALONG TIME AGO,BUT MS13 STOPED IT.
1 or 2 SOTELS WHO LIVED IN DOWNTOWN GOT IN SOTEL.
UNI STUDENTS.
BUT THEY LIVED IN "MS" HOOD,MS NORMANDIE LOCOS OR FRANCIS
LOCOS.
BUT THEN MS FOUND OUT ABOUT THE SOTELS TRYNA SET SHOP IN THERE HOOD AND KILLED 1 SOTEL FOR THAT.

R.I.P. JUICE S13

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 7th, 2007, 8:11 am

I've seen V13's kick it with Sotels before in the 90's.... could have been isolated incident but I don't think they beefed too hard with V13's as much as 18st,

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 15th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Venice 13 was Sotel's main rival in the 70's. That feud is long dead.

Sotel 13 started in the late 50's-early sixties as Los Falcons de Sotel. They were more of a car club, then became a varrio.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 26th, 2007, 10:11 am

Venice's main/historic rival was always Santa Monica. If Venice and Sotel did go at it, it was decades ago... as Silencioso said.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 5th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Sotel and Santa Monica are historic and worst enemies. Within the last year or so, between 5-8 Sotel youngsters were arrested for a string of shootings in Santa hoods. Also, Alonso, Sotel's border does run up to Wilshire. The McDonalds on Brockton and Wilshire used to have Sotel there all the time. Also, they killed 2 18th Streeters on Wislhire and Bundy a few years back. As someone said earlier, its an old varrio that reps Brown and has been around for generations. Some of the veteranos are heavily recruiting youngsters to make sure it doesn't die out.

Side note .. anybody remember PALx3? They started hitting up in Sotel neighborhood and inglewood about 6 years ago, but I think they're completely gone now. are they still around somewhere? There's also a bunch of Tag Bangers in that neighborhood --

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » December 6th, 2007, 8:03 am

B_One wrote:Sotel and Santa Monica are historic and worst enemies. Within the last year or so, between 5-8 Sotel youngsters were arrested for a string of shootings in Santa hoods. --
Yeah I heard about that. What's a trip is they were hiding out in Venice.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re:

Unread post by shing » November 7th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Anonymous20 wrote:
Burgundy wrote:i know this is an old thread but i was wonderin' if they beef with any black gangs
I have not heard of Sotel beefing with any black gangs, but there are not any black gangs on that side of town. The close black gang to Sotel would be the Play Boy Gangster Crips.
nope. the closest black to Sotel is Grave Yard Crips in Santa Monica

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Re:

Unread post by Silencioso » November 17th, 2010, 3:17 pm

shing wrote:
Anonymous20 wrote:
nope. the closest black to Sotel is Grave Yard Crips in Santa Monica

The middle school that most Sotel members of that age go to is Webster Middle School. That school has had a big West Side Crip(60's mostly) presense sinse the 70's. They have little school yard beefs with Crips but nothing that heavy.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”