POMONA VARRIOS

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: POMONA VARRIOS

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 22nd, 2019, 7:46 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Was there ever a Varrio Horseshoe in Pomona? I came across this book, some kind of biography about a gang member from Cucamonga where he mentions some run ins and interactions with Horseshoe /“La herradura” in Pomona and mentions their feuding with Pomona 12St. Book so far doesn’t give an exact year but he talks about being a full blown Pachuco in his early to mid teens and later on talks about that style dying out in his 20’s.
Before the 1950s I believe cherryville neighborhood was known as La Herradura (?)

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 22nd, 2019, 8:20 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:Was there ever a Varrio Horseshoe in Pomona? I came across this book, some kind of biography about a gang member from Cucamonga where he mentions some run ins and interactions with Horseshoe /“La herradura” in Pomona and mentions their feuding with Pomona 12St. Book so far doesn’t give an exact year but he talks about being a full blown Pachuco in his early to mid teens and later on talks about that style dying out in his 20’s.
Before the 1950s I believe cherryville neighborhood was known as La Herradura (?)
That actually makes sense.

That neighborhood had been described as being “horseshoe shaped” even in the LA times in a 1987 article that pops up on a google search:
A tiny cluster of about 75 homes clumped around a small park and horseshoe-shaped street, Cherrieville is by far the smaller and more insular of the two. Isolated by railroad tracks and commercial development, the gang's 50 to 75 members have been unable to expand their territory beyond a four-block boundary.
http://articles.latimes.com/1987-04-12/ ... treet-gang

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 22nd, 2019, 8:22 pm

Well not the whole neighborhood but there’s a horseshoe shaped street just south of holt and west of Hamilton which is maybe where that hood started.

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » January 22nd, 2019, 8:37 pm

I met a lot of foo’s from Pomona growing up and I got family from Sharkys but that’s waayyyy back. What I always noticed about Pomona foo’s is man they fucking ride for their city. There’s too many god damn Mexican sets out there the only ones I know is 12 St, HTP, Cherryvile, Pomona Sur Locotes and I met some foo in the halls banging East Side Pomona Indian hill something , and I met foo’s from what I think is a tagging crew but idk called Ghetto Side Pomona or Ghetto family or some shit like that but they deep.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 22nd, 2019, 8:43 pm

BPG187 wrote:I met a lot of foo’s from Pomona growing up and I got family from Sharkys but that’s waayyyy back. What I always noticed about Pomona foo’s is man they fucking ride for their city. There’s too many god damn Mexican sets out there the only ones I know is 12 St, HTP, Cherryvile, Pomona Sur Locotes and I met some foo in the halls banging East Side Pomona Indian hill something , and I met foo’s from what I think is a tagging crew but idk called Ghetto Side Pomona or Ghetto family or some shit like that but they deep.
Yeah ghetto family and east side Pomona Indian hill is one in the same I believe. I think it was a tag banger crew that became East Side Pomona.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by LAResident » January 27th, 2019, 3:54 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:They actually call themselves Dolphines?Why?

I think the PSL's sometimes write SS.Pomona Locos
Because dolphins kill sharks

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”