Culver City Boys and Bloods

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Anonymous20

Culver City Boys and Bloods

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 16th, 2004, 10:44 pm

Does anyone know why Culver City flys a red flag and whether they consider themselves Bloods or not?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Culver City Boys and Bloods

Unread post by Y.G. » August 17th, 2004, 1:15 am

I HAVE KNOW THEM TO BE A LOT COOLER WITH RU'S THAN MOST OTHER MEXICAN HOODS.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » August 17th, 2004, 6:35 pm

I'VE DONE TIME WITH VATOS FROM "CULVER CITY 13",
THEY ARE SURENOS, BE SURE ABOUT THAT...

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY DO FLY A RED FLAG, BUT I'VE HEARD THE SAME ABOUT HARPY'S...DOESN'T AFFECT THEIR SURENO STATUS BECAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOWS, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY --POSITITLY NO NORTENO GANGS IN ALL L.A. COUNTY.... The rest of SOUTHERN CALIFAS for that matter....

L.A. SURENOS DON'T THINK/CONCERN OURSELVES IN THE LEAST RE: NOREñOS IN THE LEAST UNTIL WE GO TO Y.A. OR THE JOINT.

ORALE.
MARTINEZ.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » August 17th, 2004, 7:06 pm

MAYBE CULVER CITY WEARS "RED" TO INTENTIONALLY GET UNDER THE SKIN OF THE VENICE SHORE-LINE CRIPS???
VERY HATED ENEMIES....

THERE'S A VATO FROM CULVER CITY on this SITE: HOMER,
LET HIM ELABORATE...

ORALE.
MARTINEZ.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » August 17th, 2004, 7:10 pm

IM NOT SURE BUT DIDNT THEY WEAR RED BEFORE THE SUR/NORTE STUFF STARTED? AND THEY USED TO GET ALONG WITH SOME BLOODS??

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » August 18th, 2004, 1:52 am

MARTINEZ. wrote:I'VE DONE TIME WITH VATOS FROM "CULVER CITY 13",
THEY ARE SURENOS, BE SURE ABOUT THAT...

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY DO FLY A RED FLAG, BUT I'VE HEARD THE SAME ABOUT HARPY'S...DOESN'T AFFECT THEIR SURENO STATUS BECAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOWS, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY --POSITITLY NO NORTENO GANGS IN ALL L.A. COUNTY.... The rest of SOUTHERN CALIFAS for that matter....

L.A. SURENOS DON'T THINK/CONCERN OURSELVES IN THE LEAST RE: NOREñOS IN THE LEAST UNTIL WE GO TO Y.A. OR THE JOINT.

ORALE.
MARTINEZ.

AIN'T NOBODY SAYIN THE AIN'T SURENOS, BUT THEY DO SPORT RED RAGS.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 18th, 2004, 10:57 am

I think in L.A. County some older Barrios in special have a long history of doing things for their hood with a purpose is still prevalent, and are not worried about what their neighbors per say think about it, like a newer Barrio would think twice about something like wearing red because they're still relatively new and many big fish will try to plaster them on the walls and if they wear red, then imagine how many more enemies they'll have. But the older Barrios already have set in stone both their ways and reputation, and everyone knows where they stand. I go back to where every Barrio back in the day had its own color, in example:Big Hazard = Beige, East Side Clover = Green, Cypress Park = Blue, Dog Town = Brown, Primera Flats = Black, 18ST = Blue, Clantone 14 = Brown,
Frog Town = Green, Diamond Street = Grey, East Side Wilmas = Red, San Pedro = Gold & Black, I'm frying some brain cells on this one, but its true Homies, it wasn't all red & blue in the olden days.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 21st, 2004, 5:26 pm

lonewolf wrote:I think in L.A. County some older Barrios in special have a long history of doing things for their hood with a purpose is still prevalent, and are not worried about what their neighbors per say think about it, like a newer Barrio would think twice about something like wearing red because they're still relatively new and many big fish will try to plaster them on the walls and if they wear red, then imagine how many more enemies they'll have. But the older Barrios already have set in stone both their ways and reputation, and everyone knows where they stand. I go back to where every Barrio back in the day had its own color, in example:Big Hazard = Beige, East Side Clover = Green, Cypress Park = Blue, Dog Town = Brown, Primera Flats = Black, 18ST = Blue, Clantone 14 = Brown,
Frog Town = Green, Diamond Street = Grey, East Side Wilmas = Red, San Pedro = Gold & Black, I'm frying some brain cells on this one, but its true Homies, it wasn't all red & blue in the olden days.
Very true^^^ And Culver City has always had red flags and they have always been SouthSiders.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 21st, 2004, 6:52 pm

El Salvador Park FTroop = Red, Lopers = black, South Side Santa Ana = Burgundy

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 10th, 2005, 5:06 pm

i heard they had some 14's in east la by some 13's from TMC and 4th street. they said maravilla claim 14.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » January 10th, 2005, 9:30 pm

raphead2001 wrote:i heard they had some 14's in east la by some 13's from TMC and 4th street. they said maravilla claim 14.
Nobody in L.A claims 14 except for Clanton 14th St.(C14) but trust me their Southsiders. And MaraVilla is far from claiming 14.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » November 9th, 2006, 6:55 pm

I think a lot of mexican gangs in mostly black areas are influenced by those black gangs. Harpy's are definitely influenced by the 20's...in many ways. I know that the Sholines are out of MarVista Gardens (not culver city though), but I think CxC wore red long before that beef. Maybe that is just their varrio color from way back like the other poster said.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » November 18th, 2006, 9:07 am

It's been said that the Culver City boys used to sport the Cincinatti Reds hat, which is red. Aside from that, that's all I heard. There is no blood affiliation as there is not a large black community on the westside, other than the Oakwood blacks who is VSLC's.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 21st, 2006, 9:26 pm

Most of you over 30+ can probably remember back in the day when
we where able to sport our varrio name on the back of the jackets at
school and as well as on the lids and bandanas. I can't say that we
wore "sport teams gear" to define our gang affiliation, at least "not that
I remember." The sport team gear came in, to my recollection "after" the
schools and other authorities stared cracking down on all that gang name
displaying on clothing, therefore other means of displaying affiliation had
to be used and that's when sports gear such as baseball lids with logos
began to be widely used as substitutes. This trend is of newer tiempos
and it was for the most part "Blacks" who used it the most. Having said
that, I don't know how far back or why Culver City adopted "red" as their
color, but I most definitely beleive that it pre-dates the use of Sport Lids.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » December 31st, 2006, 2:39 pm

just curious to where there hood is, I live in culver city now, the only area that looks like it could have gang activity in culver city is on culver st on the other west side of the 405, other then that culver city looks like a place where gangs wouldnt be around, Ive only lived here for 5 months and havnt been everywhere yet so keep that in mind

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 1st, 2007, 9:57 am

They are in a part of Culver City that is actually LAPD patrolled. Mar Vista projects, and the streets around it. But really nobody flags it or stays posted out in West Los like that. It's a sure way to get busted. But they are around, you can bet on that.

BuCCyBlue
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BuCCyBlue » January 1st, 2007, 1:49 pm

Lonewolf wrote:I think in L.A. County some older Barrios in special have a long history of doing things for their hood with a purpose is still prevalent, and are not worried about what their neighbors per say think about it, like a newer Barrio would think twice about something like wearing red because they're still relatively new and many big fish will try to plaster them on the walls and if they wear red, then imagine how many more enemies they'll have. But the older Barrios already have set in stone both their ways and reputation, and everyone knows where they stand. I go back to where every Barrio back in the day had its own color, in example:Big Hazard = Beige, East Side Clover = Green, Cypress Park = Blue, Dog Town = Brown, Primera Flats = Black, 18ST = Blue, Clantone 14 = Brown,

yeah that is true but i heard the East Side Wilmaz wear red to get they enimies the East Side Pain Ghost Town Bloodz mad

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » April 13th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Did in the 80s a rolling sixty killed a culver city in culver city at a basketball court and they made big news about it.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 27th, 2007, 11:01 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:They are in a part of Culver City that is actually LAPD patrolled. Mar Vista projects, and the streets around it. But really nobody flags it or stays posted out in West Los like that. It's a sure way to get busted. But they are around, you can bet on that.

Especially with the injunction against Culver City and Venice. No one mobs out too deep because it is literally against the law.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 27th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Isn't MARTINEZ. the same person that said he saw Nortenos in the South?

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 27th, 2007, 3:01 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Isn't MARTINEZ. the same person that said he saw Nortenos in the South?
I don't think so... he was pointing out colors don't matter in Sur Cal - everyone is Sureno.

Well everyone except the greenlighters I guess... or how does that work?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”