valley side temple street?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

valley side temple street?

Unread post by W/S » September 26th, 2004, 5:49 pm

valley side temple street? it say that in the asian gangs part
n i heard bout this too cuz some ese at sylmar juvenile hall said he was from temple street valley side
they gotta hood tho in the valley? wheres that coz temple dont run up that far north thru the mountain

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Re: valley side temple street?

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » September 26th, 2004, 7:59 pm

Your right Temple doesnt run anywhere in the Valle but I also heard their were Temple's up their. I saw it hit up before in PxC off of Roscoe in BST Hood.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 20th, 2004, 2:11 pm

I do beleive that the Pinoy Lokos from Temple Street are in the Valley, maybe Big Dusty Loco can clear that up.

I know that there is a lot of Chabacanos in N.E.L.A. and South/East of the 818 Valley.

Tujunga has TST as well but I don't beleive that they have a full clique claiming territory as yet.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 21st, 2004, 9:15 pm

lonewolf wrote:I do beleive that the Pinoy Lokos from Temple Street are in the Valley, maybe Big Dusty Loco can clear that up.

I know that there is a lot of Chabacanos in N.E.L.A. and South/East of the 818 Valley.

Tujunga has TST as well but I don't beleive that they have a full clique claiming territory as yet.
PLS, yeah I agree they are up there somewhere. Pinoys are all over Panorama City, Van Nuys, etc...probably not Pacoima, but I know there is some population up in Sylmar, Northridge...so wherever you have population you run that chance of some of that population gangbanging. I think it's a real small percentage though. Not like how it used to be.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 23rd, 2004, 5:18 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:. Pinoys are all over...so wherever you have population you run that chance of some of that population gangbanging. I think it's a real small percentage though. Not like how it used to be.
Down in San Diego there is a whole mess of them making their mark. But I do see a difference between the olden ones and the later ones. The old ones were more diciplined and would tend to associate with Mexicans, even knowing español. The later ones are more unruly and tend to either stick by themselves or claim Crips for the most part, hardly any of them speak spanish.

Can you break this down for us in layman's terms Big Dusty ?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 23rd, 2004, 9:26 pm

lonewolf wrote:
BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:. Pinoys are all over...so wherever you have population you run that chance of some of that population gangbanging. I think it's a real small percentage though. Not like how it used to be.
Down in San Diego there is a whole mess of them making their mark. But I do see a difference between the olden ones and the later ones. The old ones were more diciplined and would tend to associate with Mexicans, even knowing español. The later ones are more unruly and tend to either stick by themselves or claim Crips for the most part, hardly any of them speak spanish.

Can you break this down for us in layman's terms Big Dusty ?
For me to speak on San Diego wouldn't be proper, I am out of their scene. They've always been bloods on the Eastside San Diego, and crips on the Southside/SouthBay San Diego from my experience mid 80's/late80's over there. The BDowns had some reputables, the ones I ran into on the streets, and the ones my lil homies ran into in the halls.

So I can't really speak on them, aside from the generational differences that exist between age groups (old vs. young).

If your speaking about the older generation Templeros, them pinoys were side by side with their chicano counterparts back in the day. It was easier for pinoys to pick up calo/spanglish from their homies, but I can't recall too many chicanos picking up the slang Tagalog spoken. There was/is a lot of spanish words used in Tagalog. Only mexican I knew who picked up fluent Tagalog was Loner from Bahala Na Gang?...

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by W/S » October 24th, 2004, 9:54 am

^^ haha that would be funny to see and hear

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 25th, 2004, 7:30 pm

What I was referring to was the 70's decade in L.A. when the Pinoys were not as yet so numerous, but those in the west side like Temple STreet, SaTanaS, and Rebels 13, as well as those in North East L.A. spoke fluent spanish and would mix with Mexicans all the time. However the 80's after the fall of Marcos, brought on a mass migration from Zamboanga, Ilopangos, Basilan and other southern Philippines islands whom to my understanding were fleeing not only poverty but also the moros and other guerrillas, these later immigrants did not have the time to catch on to the street scene of the olden ones and ended up clicking up by themselves or would affiliate with Crips more so than with Mexicans, in part due to the spanish language mix not common in their neck of the woods back home, like it was in the areas of Luzon in the north and the Chabacanos whom are more familiar with spanish because of the Spaniards Colonial era in the Islands.
I was hoping that you could elaborate on this from your point of view ?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 26th, 2004, 9:56 am

lonewolf wrote:What I was referring to was the 70's decade in L.A. when the Pinoys were not as yet so numerous, but those in the west side like Temple STreet, SaTanaS, and Rebels 13, as well as those in North East L.A. spoke fluent spanish and would mix with Mexicans all the time. However the 80's after the fall of Marcos, brought on a mass migration from Zamboanga, Ilopangos, Basilan and other southern Philippines islands whom to my understanding were fleeing not only poverty but also the moros and other guerrillas, these later immigrants did not have the time to catch on to the street scene of the olden ones and ended up clicking up by themselves or would affiliate with Crips more so than with Mexicans, in part due to the spanish language mix not common in their neck of the woods back home, like it was in the areas of Luzon in the north and the Chabacanos whom are more familiar with spanish because of the Spaniards Colonial era in the Islands.
I was hoping that you could elaborate on this from your point of view ?
So your saying since the younger Generation don't mix with Mexicans nor speak spanish, they ain't all right? LOL...

Depending on where the pinoys settled when they came here to the states, from the early 1900's to the 70's and 80's...they picked up whatever was in their neighborhood. If they lived in a mexican neighborhood, they picked up things because they shopped and went to school in those areas, and I would say the Mexicans were more open as a people...which doesn't necessarily seem so today.

Now as far as young pinoys claiming crip or blood, or it seems your getting at that they act more "black" than "mexican" nowadays...well, I think it's based out of environment. There aren't too many old schooler Pinoy G veteranos out there keeping their rules going...these young kids are like on their own, having to deal with how the gang scene is now, which is pretty much racial. The Mexican gangs are no longer open or even accepting of any chino's, they usually disrespect them just based on the color of skin and size of eyes nowadays...no more respect. So what do you expect the youngsters to do in that case? I think them acting more "black"...well the blacks don't really trip if you are wearing Sean John or listening to rap music, saying cuzz or blood. So maybe that's why the young pinoys are going to do that. If they tried to be Sur'd up, they will get ridiculed by the Raza in general for trying to be like them.

In my own opinion, I don't encourage the younger pinoys to gangbang, nor act "black", nor act "mexican". I encourage them to get educated in this world, learn the man's game and beat him to it. I encourage them to explore their identities, figure that shit out, then be yourselves. There is nothing wrong with being PINOY in this country, there is nothing wrong with representing your PINOY-NESS in your own way.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 26th, 2004, 10:35 am

You got me all wrong Big Dusty, I love Pinoys and their culture, hang around with them all the time and learn all kinds of feels from them, I lost a bet with one of my Pinoy Homies at work and had to down a couple of balut (or however you spell it) had a crowd of Pinoys watching and laughing with me, I visit my Pinoy Homies and play poker with them all the time, my computer genius is Pinoy, I value their uniqueness and that is what I preach about all the time "it's all good" - learn to respect, If I mis-spoke I apologize for it.
I was trying to get your feel on why the trend changed from aligning with the Raza like olden times, and now aligning more with C's.
How that came about, and I see your point on it now, I ain't going to disclaim it because our youngsters are also missing the right guidance from us veteranos whom dropped the ball on them and ended up losing the connection.

But since you brought on the point, I gotta ask you Homie -
Do you really beleive that B's and C's are not trippin on Pinoys ?

I don't want to get racial or sh*t like that, just trying to understand, because I see a lot of discrimination on your people all the time and it really gets me riled up because I associate with it from my own experience.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 26th, 2004, 2:26 pm

lonewolf wrote:You got me all wrong Big Dusty, I love Pinoys and their culture, hang around with them all the time and learn all kinds of feels from them, I lost a bet with one of my Pinoy Homies at work and had to down a couple of balut (or however you spell it) had a crowd of Pinoys watching and laughing with me, I visit my Pinoy Homies and play poker with them all the time, my computer genius is Pinoy, I value their uniqueness and that is what I preach about all the time "it's all good" - learn to respect, If I mis-spoke I apologize for it.
I was trying to get your feel on why the trend changed from aligning with the Raza like olden times, and now aligning more with C's.
How that came about, and I see your point on it now, I ain't going to disclaim it because our youngsters are also missing the right guidance from us veteranos whom dropped the ball on them and ended up losing the connection.

But since you brought on the point, I gotta ask you Homie -
Do you really beleive that B's and C's are not trippin on Pinoys ?

I don't want to get racial or sh*t like that, just trying to understand, because I see a lot of discrimination on your people all the time and it really gets me riled up because I associate with it from my own experience.
The reason why a lot of the younger pinoy generation don't click with the raza's younger generation is simple...racism. The Raza do not see us anymore as homies, and it gets worse when our younger Pinoys are "acting black". The Raza's hate for black transfers to anything that "seems" black to them. Long are the days when Abuelitas are inviting their childrens friends into their homes, long are those good old days of running with our chicano homies on the street. Some of our chicano homies have had to "turn" their backs to us, especially after the Loco's had the big meeting in Elysian park. So how do you think we are gonna feel? And I'm speaking on the gangbangers perspective, not really trying to lump all this racism with the greater culture of Filipinos and Chicanos.

As for young pinoys wanna be C's and B's, do they get clowned by the real ones? I don't know, because I feel the young pinoys blooding and cripping do not do it in the presence of blacks. They don't even live around blacks for the most part. Too much MTV and the Source Magazine I guess. I doubt the bloods/crips care about seeing a bunch of pinoys flamed up/blue'd down anyway, they got their own problems dealing with the Sur and their rival blood/crip enemies and police.

Now has there been Black Vs. Pinoy beef, nothing I could remember, only because there aren't too many Blacks where Pinoys ran gangbanging. We ran in the Hispanic neighborhoods more so than Black neighborhoods. I have heard there was beef up north, between the Pinoy gangs and Black gangs up there long ago.

I know you don't wanna take it to the race card homie, but unfortunately it seems that's what it's all about.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 26th, 2004, 2:33 pm

I have no hate for my Brown Brothers, MUCH PROPS UP - keep your head up. PAZ Big Dusty - I welcome you on the Hispanic side section anytime.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 26th, 2004, 2:49 pm

Gracias Lonewolf.

I still have my Chicano homies. Fortunately for us, the sphere's of prison influence do not have much effect on most of us out on the street, we are "lawabiding" citizens now. However, we still keep it like it's 84! Carne Asada, San Miguel Beer, Pancit, and enough palutan for all the homies to drink with their Tequilla or Whiskey...LOL

I don't even trip on the racists out there trippin on me. I'm not beyond showing them what's up you know? I've always been an equal opportunity OFFENDER...LOL. Maybe at the end of a scrap, I might have earned some respect from my opponent...that is if they haven't pumped me full of lead. Different world now, I wish no one any ill will...just hope that everyone tries to make this place better for our kids to grow up.

I'm cool with all races, I've thrown parties where all could come and kick it without no one trippin' before...where everyone could be themselves and be respected for it. I guess the main thing brown, black, yellow, white have in common is good food and stiff drinks!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 26th, 2004, 3:25 pm

You should of seen my summer pad LOL south of the border in the last world cup when the games were being played on the other side of the orb, and the only way to watch them live was if you stayed up during the night, I had a full house from all skin tones, poker was on the table with the t.v. on and the grill outside, with the fridge full. You were lucky if you could find a corner on one of the beds. GOOD TIMES.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”