Why the racial tension in southern California?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Re: Why the racial tension in southern California?

Unread post by MCD » November 12th, 2011, 1:49 pm

[quote="StillNoScript"]Nope. There are a lot of black people who proactively view Mexicans as lazy and arrogant, not as a reaction to anything Mexicans have done. They've had such views of Mexicans all along. Of course, they're wrong. Just as Mexicans who view blacks in such a way are wrong. But it would be a naive and mislead belief that Mexicans view blacks as lazy while blacks only hate Mexicans because Mexicans don't like them. Just as with all competing ethnic groups in impoverished situations, both sides have their preconceived views of each other, good and bad, right from the get go.[/quote]

Let me be more clear, not ALL black prejudice against hispanics is reactionary, but blacks being raised or holding any prejudice towards hispanics is soooo rare. As a mexican-american, i've probably experienced it only 1 or 2 times, granted I usually try to be a social person. And like I mentioned, it could be a product of pressure put on them by latin gangs and the victimized blacks then instilling their children with that prejudice. How could anyone even come to the conclusion that mexicans as lazy? They are stereotyped as being employed for difficult manual labor! Arrogant I can understand, being latino, mexicans have huge national pride.

BUT like i've said in other topics, when the shit hits the fan between blacks and mexicans, they tend to side with their own race regardless. I mentioned it when I talked about "Black and Brown" and this idea that in norcal the two sides are totally united and peaceful. But when there's a fight in a high school or between non-affiliated blacks and latinos somewhere you'll see they tend to back their own race.

[quote="Quepolo3"]
I think that MCD said this earlier, but this is typically because it's being taught. Part of the reaction of the bad experience is to share your views with those who are within your circle. If you have people telling you that your bad experience with certain individuals is just that, a bad experience, then you won't see the same racisim as when someone says they are all that way. Growing up in the south in the 70's and 80's I did not have one single latino friend or even knew anything about the hispanic culture. I had no preconceived notions about them, nor any prejudices. When I moved to L.A. I met some great latino people and some bad ones. Overall, my experiences were good, and I love the latino culture and community. There are black people who have done bad things to me and my family, but I don't say I hate all black folks. I love my community and my people! It's unfortunate that many have been brainwashed, and are too ignorant to accept everyone for themselves, and know that it's ok to be different. Cervezas on me mi hermano![/quote]

Yeah and that's another thing, you're environment. When you're young and prejudice is drilled into your head day after day you're going to start believing it.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 13th, 2011, 12:37 am

MCD wrote: blacks being raised or holding any prejudice towards hispanics is soooo rare.
No, it's not. There are a lot of black people who believe Mexicans are lazy and ignorant just as there are a lot of Mexicans who feel that way about blacks. Both are wrong. But the preconceived notions go both ways, and neither are merely reactions to things done to them by the other race.
How could anyone even come to the conclusion that mexicans as lazy?
How could anyone come to the conclusion that blacks are lazy? When people have preconceived ideas, they frame an entire race based on what a few do. There are Mexicans who look at blacks as lazy and ignorant, there are blacks who look at Mexicans as lazy and ignorant. If you want to know what criteria a black person could possibly use to come to this conclusion about Mexicans, I suppose we could start with the number of Mexicans who are on welfare.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » November 13th, 2011, 1:22 am

StillNoScript wrote:
MCD wrote: blacks being raised or holding any prejudice towards hispanics is soooo rare.
No, it's not. There are a lot of black people who believe Mexicans are lazy and ignorant just as there are a lot of Mexicans who feel that way about blacks. Both are wrong. But the preconceived notions go both ways, and neither are merely reactions to things done to them by the other race.

Your wrong about Blacks thinking Mexicans are lazy, your just saying that cuz you your insulted.
How could anyone even come to the conclusion that mexicans as lazy?
StillNoScript wrote:How could anyone come to the conclusion that blacks are lazy?
hispanics aren't the only race that has come to that conclusion.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 13th, 2011, 10:12 am

[quote="StillNoScript"][quote="MCD"] blacks being raised or holding any prejudice towards hispanics is soooo rare. [/quote]

[quote] How could anyone even come to the conclusion that mexicans as lazy? [/quote]

How could anyone come to the conclusion that blacks are lazy? When people have preconceived ideas, they frame an entire race based on what a few do. There are Mexicans who look at blacks as lazy and ignorant, there are blacks who look at Mexicans as lazy and ignorant. If you want to know what criteria a black person could possibly use to come to this conclusion about Mexicans, I suppose we could start with the number of Mexicans who are on welfare.[/quote]

"StillNoScript" I dont know where you're from but where I've lived and grown up, it's rare ok, and in most places I've seen except maybe those areas in LA that experience that high racial tension. I'm talking about blacks that exhibit their prejudice or extend it into full blown racism. Trust me, there are far more latinos doing it than blacks. Just because there's "a lot" of blacks (how much is that?) who do it doesn't mean its common, like I said it's rare, just because you know 5 black guys who are prejudice against mexicans or latinos doesn't mean much.

But if you look at the latino population, it's known that much of it holds some prejudice towards blacks. Now i've seen some black guys who were insulted racially by a white or latino and then they went off with the racial slurs themselves. Some people just sink to that level. I'm not saying blacks are innocent but how you can think theres more black on latino prejudice than vice versa is beyond me.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 13th, 2011, 12:39 pm

MCD wrote: Trust me, there are far more latinos doing it than blacks.
Trust me, there's not.

For every Mexican who thinks blacks are lazy and ignorant, there is a black person who thinks Mexicans are lazy and ignorant. Both are wrong. But both have these preconceived notions.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 13th, 2011, 2:42 pm

crm wrote:Why is it that most of the racial tension is in southern California? Why isn't there nearly as much racial tension in northern California? The norteños seem to get along just fine with blacks..why is this?
It's really in the Los Angeles area. There aren't that many racially motivated gang murders in San Diego. Black/brown gang conflict is mostly in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire. These are also the areas where most of La Eme members are from.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 13th, 2011, 5:47 pm

[quote="StillNoScript"][quote="MCD"] Trust me, there are far more latinos doing it than blacks. [/quote]

Trust me, there's not.

For every Mexican who thinks blacks are lazy and ignorant, there is a black person who thinks Mexicans are lazy and ignorant. Both are wrong. But both have these preconceived notions.[/quote]

So now we're going to reduce this to a yes-no argument huh. I'm giving my personal experiences while you are simply opposing them with rhetoric. You're hardly the least bias member around here, it would probably be best if I stop addressing your empty perspective.

But as your last hoorah maybe you can tell me how you figure for every mexican-american bigot there's a corresponding african-american bigot when the latino population far surpasses the black population, especially in California and the areas in question? Maybe it's not a factor of percentages and all blacks are just prejudice so the number equals the prejudice latino minority? That's a little racist dont you think?

Look, I can use flawed logic as well.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 14th, 2011, 12:24 am

MCD wrote:Look, I can use flawed logic as well.
Well, I wouldn't know. I skimmed right over most of your comment, looking for anything insightful or educational. Don't know if your logic is flawed, but I do know you've fully bought into hyperbolic exaggerations about the relationship between blacks and Mexicans, and like to share them.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 14th, 2011, 9:11 pm

It's ok I know ADD is difficult to deal with. Your replies reveal pretty clearly the ignorance you have for opposing views, and it's obvious you're overlooking or refusing to acknowledge everyone's key points. I'm actually formulating valid inferences while you're simply shutting them down with comments lacking any substance.

Yes I'm sharing, because my examples (you seem to have none) are relevant to this discussion. I'm actually bringing something to this thread, what are you doing besides being incompetent and ignorant?

At any rate, you've predictably failed in answering my question. Didn't do too well in school, did you?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 14th, 2011, 9:45 pm

I'm actually formulating valid inferences
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 16th, 2011, 6:58 pm

"ha ha ha" What happened to your thesaurus inspired retorts about "hyperbolic exagerrations." I'll take that as an admittance that you have no idea what to say. Nice try with the point and laugh technique but being laughed at over the internet by an idiot like yourself doesn't annoy me. Anyone want to balance out this moron's comments with something intelligent?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 16th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Just go back to doing what you do best, lecturing people on your own idea of how blacks and Mexicans feel about each other, so I can just call you on your bulls#@t again.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 18th, 2011, 12:12 pm

[quote="StillNoScript"]Just go back to doing what you do best, lecturing people on your own idea of how blacks and Mexicans feel about each other, so I can just call you on your bulls#@t again.[/quote]

Last time I checked, I'm giving examples, you're simply shooting them down with no supporting examples yourself or evidence what so ever. I'm being unbiased, you're taking offense because I dare disagree with your pathetic stance. Even femun called you on it. In other words you argue like a frustrated 12 year old. But whatever it takes to convince your simpleton mind, man. Obviously doesn't take much.

Anyways this is another ruined thread

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami

Unread post by crm » November 18th, 2011, 4:53 pm

I'm curious, what are your racial stances? This question goes to everybody thats posting on here. Have you had positive or negative interactions with members of your own race and other races? Any biases that anybody cares to admit?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » November 18th, 2011, 5:48 pm

crm wrote:I'm curious, what are your racial stances? This question goes to everybody thats posting on here. Have you had positive or negative interactions with members of your own race and other races? Any biases that anybody cares to admit?
Great question.
I'm biased toward stupid people,Eastern Europeans,Muslims,Asians(not all though)Indians,and Hispanics that refuse to assimilate

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 19th, 2011, 12:57 am

I'm going to translate MCD's last comment:

"I'm telling you what I WANT YOU TO BELIEVE, and you refuse to believe it! Argggh. Now I'm going to demand that you show evidence to justify your refusal to comply with my propaganda, even though I have no evidence of my own to offer, just anecdotal, unprovable theories, followed with "trust me", "I know what I'm talking about", "I'm Mexican", "I'm formulating valid inferences". I don't even know what the latter means, but it sounds smart. I'm pretending to be unbiased, but you can tell by reading my comments that I'm really not. Now you're laughing at me. Oh, another troll here, who basically baited you assuming you're black, disagreed with you too, so, I'm going to point that out to make it seem like people have my back. Now I'm going to call you a child, see, this implies that I'm a man. I'm a big, masculine man, and you're a little child. Arrrgh. Oh, now I'm going to call you stupid, too. So, I'm a man, you're a child. I'm smart, you're stupid. And of course if I just say this, it's true. Kind of like my theories on blacks and Mexicans. I'll end by complaining about you ruining my entire platform here, and I'll do so in a dramatic fashion, by accusing you of ruining the "thread", in hopes that a moderator will ban you so you can no longer call me on my b.s. waaah!"

What do you think? Pretty close?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 19th, 2011, 1:07 am

femun wrote:I'm biased toward stupid people,
Don't be so hard on yourself.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » November 19th, 2011, 12:50 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
femun wrote:I'm biased toward stupid people,
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Is that all you got? Why would you reply with such childish digs? I'll tell you why, cuz I hurt your feelings and you lack the intelect to counter at a sensible level.

You my friend are a child amongst men.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 19th, 2011, 5:53 pm

femun wrote: you lack the intelect to counter at a sensible level.
Oooh, I'm scared. Don't counter me on a sensible level, tough guy. I'm shaking.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 19th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Since this thread is "ruined", let's have a gander at some of the highlights of this short lived, dandy of a discussion.

Here's my fave, by none other than the man who formulates valid inferences himself, MCD:
Sometimes I hear people describe their views on blacks by saying they don't mind a particular group (law-abiding, moral black citizens) but the loud, thuggish, "ghetto" blacks are the ni***ers. I don't even think that qualifies a person as being racist...

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 22nd, 2011, 2:07 pm

I think it's obvious by now that no one cares about your opinion, StillNoScript. But here's something you can get off to, even though it has nothing to do with socal. Some guy who posts nothing but hate crime news from the east coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIpoYTUp5I

Since I cant quote, @crm..I've had positive and negative interactions with about every racial group I've ever met. I've had black, white, latino and asian friends and also had problems with people from those groups. I think having that background helps you to reject any racial presumptions. Because on the flipside like we mentioned, someone who has nothing but bad experiences with one race will probably end up hating them over time. It could have happened to me when I moved to a predominantly white town. I had problems with these white kids in my neighborhood, every time I walked home from school they would show up and mess with me, but I also had friends that were white, so I learned to realize it was these few assholes that were racist, not the whole group itself, and I made that conclusion when I was 13 or 14 years old.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 23rd, 2011, 5:32 pm

I haven't given you an opinion in this discussion for anyone to care or not care about. I've just mocked yours, and the fact that you tried to pass your opinion off as fact. What was the term you used again? Valid inferences? Ha!!!!

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 23rd, 2011, 5:57 pm

MCD wrote: Youtube's finest, the last thing you should take seriously is a youtube comment.
viewtopic.php?p=8741328#p8741328

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 30th, 2011, 12:05 am

MCD wrote:yeah i see white nortenos on the east side. one dumbass little bleach haird bolillo had the nerve to get in my face at Cordova town center one time. I #%@& with him and stepped right up into him stared him down and didnt say a word. Kid finally backed up n walked away cursing.
viewtopic.php?f=263&t=7948&p=8730755#p8730810

*me walking way, cursing....

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » November 30th, 2011, 7:52 pm

[quote="StillNoScript"]I haven't given you an opinion in this discussion for anyone to care or not care about. I've just mocked yours, and the fact that you tried to pass your opinion off as fact. What was the term you used again? Valid inferences? Ha!!!![/quote]

No shit, that's exactly what myself and others here have mentioned. Your stupidity continues to amaze us.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 30th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Why do you keep saying "us"? Nothing says confidence like trying to convince people you have a lot of friends. Now go find another white wannabe Norteno in Rancho to take your mid-life crisis out on, you big bad non gang member who knows gang members.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 5th, 2011, 5:31 pm

[quote="StillNoScript"]Why do you keep saying "us"? Nothing says confidence like trying to convince people you have a lot of friends. Now go find another white wannabe Norteno in Rancho to take your mid-life crisis out on, you big bad non gang member who knows gang members.[/quote]

If you had any level of reading comprehension, you would see most of "us" are getting annoyed by your immaturity on this board and you're need for attention and argument.

I'd ask where you got the impression that i'm middle aged but I don't want you to continue.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 8th, 2011, 12:24 pm

I don't know if a need for attention was as important to me as a need to fact check you on your blanketed, haphazard comments on racial issues that you clearly know nothing about.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami

Unread post by crm » December 11th, 2011, 6:33 am

How did this conversation come to this..? Can't we all just get along?? lol

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 11th, 2011, 10:24 am

[quote="StillNoScript"]I don't know if a need for attention was as important to me as a need to fact check you on your blanketed, haphazard comments on racial issues that you clearly know nothing about.[/quote]

hahaha you are such great entertainment, describing your own baseless comments. When will you get it through your thick skull that NO ONE cares what you have to say anymore on this topic. You already exposed yourself as being an ignorant ass a while ago.

@crm, everything was cool until this moron decided to interject, he can't stand the fact that he's wrong and that we disagree with him.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 16th, 2011, 2:34 am

crm wrote:How did this conversation come to this..? Can't we all just get along?? lol
Someone didn't accept his word as gospel, and that bruised his ego. From that point on I've just been toying with him. His emotional response has given me a true glimpse into his street cred.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 18th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Ok you must be a streetgangs.com OG comin to tax me, hahaha. Anymore BS you wish to spill?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”