Varrio Alpine Street, downtown Los Angeles, (1890 - 1995)

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Varrio Alpine Street, downtown Los Angeles, (1890 - 1995

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » July 4th, 2012, 10:04 pm

this varrio started in 1890 and ended in 1995?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 6th, 2012, 2:18 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:this varrio started in 1890 and ended in 1995?
that's about right, 100 year varrio. If you walk through there you might find some concrete graffiti from 1974 and older.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » July 6th, 2012, 7:45 am

was there a reason why they faded out ? like demographic change or something ?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 6th, 2012, 12:40 pm

H572DSTA wrote:was there a reason why they faded out ? like demographic change or something ?
Id say the influx of Asians to the area really halterd the recruitment. Their neighborhood is now pretty much Oriental Lazy Boys according to my homeboy who has alot of fam from Alpine and goes up there alot to see his aunt.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2012, 7:02 pm

AztecNinja wrote:
H572DSTA wrote:was there a reason why they faded out ? like demographic change or something ?
Id say the influx of Asians to the area really halterd the recruitment. Their neighborhood is now pretty much Oriental Lazy Boys according to my homeboy who has alot of fam from Alpine and goes up there alot to see his aunt.
During the early 1980s, the LAPD arrested a few vatos that had name recognition, some guilty, some innocent and when they arrested Dreamer from Alpine that may have took alot out of a neighborhood that was already seeing demographic change with the Chinese influx.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 17th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Did the Oriental Lazy Boys exist before Alpine played out? This area was known as Lazy Boys turf too. Not sure if they and Alpine were cool.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » February 2nd, 2013, 11:02 am

there were 3 old Chicano varrios that were in the area called Chavez Ravine

that got displaced when Dodger stadium was built

you vatos already mentioned the 1st one ... Varrio Alpine ... it took a huge chuck of their hood... they maintained for a while after that but for the most part... they're defunct now

i met a 40+ year old vato from Alpine like 8 years ago... and he was one of their youngest vatos

does anyone here know the names of the other two varrios that were in Chavez Ravine?

I know :mrgreen:

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » February 2nd, 2013, 1:48 pm

Thats a rough one, but wasnt there something with Lomita in it?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » February 2nd, 2013, 4:36 pm

Palo Verde, and?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » February 3rd, 2013, 8:29 pm

I dont know the other two but Dreamer from Alpine has been in prison since 1981 (approx) over 30 years. I think he sentence was 7 to life, and whenever you have an L they can keep you

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » February 4th, 2013, 3:05 am

MARTINEZ wrote:there were 3 old Chicano varrios that were in the area called Chavez Ravine

that got displaced when Dodger stadium was built

you vatos already mentioned the 1st one ... Varrio Alpine ... it took a huge chuck of their hood... they maintained for a while after that but for the most part... they're defunct now

i met a 40+ year old vato from Alpine like 8 years ago... and he was one of their youngest vatos

does anyone here know the names of the other two varrios that were in Chavez Ravine?

I know :mrgreen:
la loma and bishop

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » February 4th, 2013, 3:40 am

alexalonso wrote:Did the Oriental Lazy Boys exist before Alpine played out? This area was known as Lazy Boys turf too. Not sure if they and Alpine were cool.
i doubt it.

i think by the time olb got some numbers, alpine died out already.

olb fools i was locked up with never mention alpine. they always mention osiri boys as their supposed main hispanic rival. which is nothing compared to alpine's name. if they beefed with alpine they would have brought it up.

my guess is if alpine beefed with chinese gangs it'd be the gangs before olb like maybe wah ching, viet ching or more active chinatown gangs like ninja clan assassins or chinatown boys.

olb is weird in that everyone knows/heard of them because they have been the chinatown gang since 90's but never hear much about their beefs or dirt they do.

no offense to olb but when i talk to pinoy/korean vets from rampart/ktown 80's-early 90's, they are rarely mentioned and they took over chinatown after the asian gang scene died out in that area.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » February 12th, 2013, 1:08 am

OLD probably wish they had history of going at it with a old time traditional varrio like Alpine.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » February 12th, 2013, 1:40 pm

alexalonso wrote:OLD probably wish they had history of going at it with a old time traditional varrio like Alpine.
for sure.

after the asian greenlight, hispanic gang beefs are like a badge of honor for asian gangs.

plus hispanic barrios don't even notice asian gangs unless they're big and/or active.

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: WestSide LA

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » April 28th, 2013, 11:31 am

alexalonso wrote:OLD probably wish they had history of going at it with a old time traditional varrio like Alpine.
Wish? No. My generation beefs happened only if it was a necessity. There was a moment when we were going to beef with the remaining Alpine Streeters then they completely died out. These Veteranos came out of nowhere and would cross us out wih crayons..no kidding crayons. This was like 5 years after I got in the hood. It was a trip seeing old fat OGz riding around in cholo bikes in our hood. They wanted their hood back but never once approached us. They completely died out after a Florencia smoked one in Angelino Heights hood.

I remember seeing a Ast hangin with the ChinaTown HomeBoys. That was kool to see for they were both the original CT gangs.

ChinaTown Boys not to be confused with CTHomeBoys a more active gang? They were in CT before my generation. Who did they go at it with? My generation they were most hated in Korea Town.

In the asian gang section, someone said WC tookout Ast in the 60s. Wc was in CT. Some beefed with CTHB some were kool.

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » May 9th, 2013, 2:51 am

alpine is long gone...

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » November 12th, 2013, 4:22 pm

http://parklabreanewsbeverlypress.com/n ... wn-murder/

Gang Member Gets to Two Life Sentences For Chinatown Murder

By Edwin Folven, 12/01/2011

PinterestShare

A 35-year-old gang member was sentenced on Nov. 18 to two life sentences without parole for the murder of a victim in Chinatown, and the subsequent drive-by shooting and murder of another victim at a bus stop on Venice Boulevard in 2007.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Lance Ito sentenced Juan Carlos Gutierrez, and also imposed an additional prison term of 130 years to life. Gutierrez was convicted on Oct. 12 of two counts each of first-degree murder and attempted murder, as well as allegations of multiple murders, murder during a drive-by shooting and murder to further the activities of a criminal street gang.

Gutierrez was found guilty of fatally shooting Stanley Garcia, 52, as he walked near Alpine Street and Grand Avenue in Chinatown on Oct. 7, 2007. Two months later, Gutierrez was allegedly in a sports utility vehicle when he exchanged hand signs and words with two men at a bus stop on Venice Boulevard near Winton Place, within the LAPD’s Wilshire Division.

Gutierrez pulled out a handgun and fired, striking and killing 20-year-old Nelly Vergara, who was seated adjacent to the two men who were targeted. One of the men was injured in the gunfire but survived, while the other victim was not injured.

The alleged getaway driver, Amilcar Romero, 25, also was charged in connection with the drive-by shooting. Jurors, however, deadlocked on the charges involving Romero, and he is due back for retrial on Dec. 8. If convicted, Romero faces multiple life sentences.
PinterestShare

Shooter was from Florence. The 52 year old was from Alpine.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 12th, 2013, 7:33 pm

redevelopment., ethnic changing., times creeping., police targeting., old families moving out., vatos from there not continuing it., new minds, new times

that's what does it all in.., eventually

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » November 17th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Thays Crazy, killing a 52yr old man...

That couldn't of been a gang killing....

F13 & Alpine have/had beef?

Wonder how many Alpines are doing Life and what's there Roll in Prison Politics. I havent heard of any members being Emeros..

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Los

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 17th, 2013, 10:10 pm

xxx wrote:Thays Crazy, killing a 52yr old man...

That couldn't of been a gang killing....

F13 & Alpine have/had beef?

Wonder how many Alpines are doing Life and what's there Roll in Prison Politics. I havent heard of any members being Emeros..
yup

I have to agree that doesnt sound like some gang pedo... had to EME politics or a drug deal gone bad.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Re: Varrio Alpine Street, downtown Los Angeles, (1890 - 1995)

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 1st, 2017, 10:50 am

Lol outsiders speaking on this with authority? Even aztec who actually banged mentioned on the other alpine thread that both our hoods traded pop shots or somethit. Im baffled it came from you two. Anyway there was a time when we beefed with names like Echo Park and Clovers. We went to the same schools and roamed the same streets. Echo Park used to cruise through the only chinese fast food in their hood and yell shit out dissing the hood lol.. Both their hoods walls would say OLB. Fools got lit up. After we knew where we both stood, we focused on our real enemies. Us and Echo Park have the same mutual enemie OBS. We are known for that beef and Ill let you guys speculate why?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”