18st in East LA

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Cham
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: IE

18st in East LA

Unread post by Cham » November 7th, 2012, 6:18 am

Where is 18st centered around in East LA, like what is their territory's what st to what st? Also is this the bebitos click or another one? How long have they been in East LA who do they beef with?

Cham

Re: 18st in East LA

Unread post by Cham » November 7th, 2012, 9:28 am

neveind I found out thanks anyways

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » November 7th, 2012, 4:56 pm

ES 18 is on the LHTS and Sereno border, their style is waaaaay diff then the other 18 clicks. They are a traditional Chicano gang with no Salvis, Guaties, Paisas. They been around atleast 35 years.

Cham

Unread post by Cham » November 7th, 2012, 8:09 pm

AztecNinja wrote:ES 18 is on the LHTS and Sereno border, their style is waaaaay diff then the other 18 clicks. They are a traditional Chicano gang with no Salvis, Guaties, Paisas. They been around atleast 35 years.
Alright thanks for the info bro I've always woundered how 18st got so large guess its the abundance of new recruits.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 15th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Cham wrote:
AztecNinja wrote:ES 18 is on the LHTS and Sereno border, their style is waaaaay diff then the other 18 clicks. They are a traditional Chicano gang with no Salvis, Guaties, Paisas. They been around atleast 35 years.
Alright thanks for the info bro I've always woundered how 18st got so large guess its the abundance of new recruits.
People like to copy a an already established name, even though there is no 18th Street located anywhere in some of these neighborhoods.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » November 15th, 2012, 4:57 pm

alexalonso wrote:
Cham wrote:
People like to copy a an already established name, even though there is no 18th Street located anywhere in some of these neighborhoods.
Alonso please elaborate more on that post

And my homie used to manage a building in eastside 18st that shit was cool lil getaway but the mexicans stayed at it over there...and thas crazy how they dont allow other south americans in there click of 18 and no paisas idk abt that they had real paisas do they have black members or ever had some?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 21st, 2012, 11:32 am

Copycat gangs like to use known names in other cities, and it happens within the same city too. Especially with a name like 18th Street. How you gonna start another 18th varrio in an area where there is no 18th street? People are weak to say, "Hey, why dont we call ourselves the street over here rather than 18th street which has nothing to do with our varrio?" - But people like familiarity, so they say, OKAY.

Sinner18

Unread post by Sinner18 » December 21st, 2012, 1:24 pm

It was really a vato who knew some kat's from Pico Grand view and redshield cliqa's that went over to East LA and were former member's of 18st started they own shit out there, in Sereno and it grew.Alonzo is it me or is it more widley accepted for African American gangs to start in diffrent cities than hispanic gangs or is there equal critisism for both or any race of people to do that? I feel like hispanic's are more looked down on for that like people say my gang accept's anyone when that isn't entirely true. I know black gangs that accept whit's asian's and some hispanic's at one point too.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 21st, 2012, 2:11 pm

Sinner18 wrote:It was really a vato who knew some kat's from Pico Grand view and redshield cliqa's that went over to East LA and were former member's of 18st started they own shit out there, in Sereno and it grew.Alonzo is it me or is it more widley accepted for African American gangs to start in diffrent cities than hispanic gangs or is there equal critisism for both or any race of people to do that? I feel like hispanic's are more looked down on for that like people say my gang accept's anyone when that isn't entirely true. I know black gangs that accept whit's asian's and some hispanic's at one point too.
Equal criticism, there are copy cat MS13, 18th Street, F13 in so many small towns in the US that have nothing to do with anyone from LA. I understand that some vatos from Pico or Grand View Locs went to El Sereno, but the people in El Sereno could have push back and said no, but they obviously accepted what guys from another varrio did.

Sinner18

Unread post by Sinner18 » December 27th, 2012, 9:14 pm

alexalonso wrote:
Sinner18 wrote:It was really a vato who knew some kat's from Pico Grand view and redshield cliqa's that went over to East LA and were former member's of 18st started they own shit out there, in Sereno and it grew.Alonzo is it me or is it more widley accepted for African American gangs to start in diffrent cities than hispanic gangs or is there equal critisism for both or any race of people to do that? I feel like hispanic's are more looked down on for that like people say my gang accept's anyone when that isn't entirely true. I know black gangs that accept whit's asian's and some hispanic's at one point too.
Equal criticism, there are copy cat MS13, 18th Street, F13 in so many small towns in the US that have nothing to do with anyone from LA. I understand that some vatos from Pico or Grand View Locs went to El Sereno, but the people in El Sereno could have push back and said no, but they obviously accepted what guys from another varrio did.
Well to expect people to alway's just start there own shit is a bit stupid too wouldn't you think? I mean crip's and blood's do it yet why don't people criticize them it just happens I don't know what people don't understand . It's about family plus 18st already has connections people respect them and know about them, those things are a lot harder to get when you riding solo know what I mean, 18st already has a few head's in the EME so I'd assume the vato's from El sereno saw that 18st had the connections just like how the east coast blood's saw the same with OG MACK also alonzo seems you have a personal beef with 18st? do you seems like you got animosity toward's us? If you didn't and I know your in the street's you would't make thes statement's feel me.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Sinner18 wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
Well to expect people to alway's just start there own shit is a bit stupid too wouldn't you think? I mean crip's and blood's do it yet why don't people criticize them it just happens I don't know what people don't understand . It's about family plus 18st already has connections people respect them and know about them, those things are a lot harder to get when you riding solo know what I mean, 18st already has a few head's in the EME so I'd assume the vato's from El sereno saw that 18st had the connections just like how the east coast blood's saw the same with OG MACK also alonzo seems you have a personal beef with 18st? do you seems like you got animosity toward's us? If you didn't and I know your in the street's you would't make thes statement's feel me.
why would you conclude I have a personal beef with 18th street? here we go again. I must have a personal beef with every varrio out there, but what's your reasoning? Just last month I was being criticized for be an 18th street lover for what I wrote about Pedro Espinoza, and now I have a personal beef with them?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 9th, 2013, 8:58 am

alexalonso wrote:Copycat gangs like to use known names in other cities, and it happens within the same city too. Especially with a name like 18th Street. How you gonna start another 18th varrio in an area where there is no 18th street? People are weak to say, "Hey, why dont we call ourselves the street over here rather than 18th street which has nothing to do with our varrio?" - But people like familiarity, so they say, OKAY.
East Side 18TH Street was not started as a copycat gang

It was a few vatos that lived in Rose Hills/el Sereno area that had ties to West Side 18TH Street

This was the late 1970’s ….That’s confirmed

East Side 18TH Street ended up taking a good chunk of Rose Hills varrio

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 9th, 2013, 10:17 am

Sinner18 wrote:It was really a vato who knew some kat's from Pico Grand view and redshield cliqa's that went over to East LA and were former member's of 18st started they own shit out there, in Sereno and it grew..
just read this post

but its along the same lines as what I wrote...

that East Side 18 has its roots from the West Side 18th St

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 9th, 2013, 1:01 pm

I know alot of the Neighborhoods on the NELA side have characters to represent them..Aves the Skull, Cypress Park the western exterminator, HLxP has Speedy Gonzalez. I noticed a few Murals in ES18 that had Yosemite Sam, can anyone confirm that its associated with them? Hope that question wasnt too stupid but I thought I heard that somewhere.

martin85
What city do you live in now?: El Sereno

Unread post by martin85 » April 15th, 2013, 12:23 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Copycat gangs like to use known names in other cities, and it happens within the same city too. Especially with a name like 18th Street. How you gonna start another 18th varrio in an area where there is no 18th street? People are weak to say, "Hey, why dont we call ourselves the street over here rather than 18th street which has nothing to do with our varrio?" - But people like familiarity, so they say, OKAY.
East Side 18TH Street was not started as a copycat gang

It was a few vatos that lived in Rose Hills/el Sereno area that had ties to West Side 18TH Street

This was the late 1970’s ….That’s confirmed

East Side 18TH Street ended up taking a good chunk of Rose Hills varrio
yup, I can confirm that there was a family that moved to that section from The OG 18th street. They were with the business....Started the ES 18 st. and fought off sereno and Rose Hills hard enough to earn there own lil area in El Sereno. It had nothing to do with 18 st. the "Name" and respect from El Sereno because 18 st had Big homies....Sereno got its own Big Homie who don't gotta answer to noone else. ES 18 st. earned there spot on the map years ago.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 4th, 2013, 9:24 pm

AztecNinja wrote:I know alot of the Neighborhoods on the NELA side have characters to represent them..Aves the Skull, Cypress Park the western exterminator, HLxP has Speedy Gonzalez. I noticed a few Murals in ES18 that had Yosemite Sam, can anyone confirm that its associated with them? Hope that question wasnt too stupid but I thought I heard that somewhere.
^ ^ yup, they did sport that sometimes., not all, but some of the older ones., next time i go up to NELOS i'll see if i can jam up my primas old man about that cartoon character picked to represent ES18ST.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”