Which gang neighborhoods in Hollywood have been gentrified?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Which gang neighborhoods in Hollywood have been gentrified?

Unread post by shaolinmonche » May 19th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Which varrios in Hollywood have been gentrified besides 18ST Hollywood Gangsters

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Which gang neighborhoods in Hollywood have been gentrified?

Unread post by TheAngels » May 20th, 2018, 1:06 am

I think Sur 13 Hollywood Stoners is over there near Sunset & Gower... I remember seeing a Sur 13 hit-up off Sunset & Gordon a few years back. But that area has changed. They built a fancy new college there on Sunset, there's a fancy high-rise apartment across the street and then NetFlix built a new studio nearby. They refurbished those CBS studios off Sunset & Gower into office space. The Paladium was renovated too and they're building other nearby projects.

Just 10 years ago that area was still kind of grimey. I would be watching my back and looking over my shoulder a lot after certain hours.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 20th, 2018, 1:10 am

Other than that and 18th Street Hollywood, I'm not too familiar with Hollywood gangs.

Is there a White Fence clique near Western & Sunset or something? I remember seeing hit-ups on the walls not far from there.

I know East Hollywood has always been grimier than central or the west side of Hollywood. Basically the area getting the most gentrification are the central and west sides. But I see signs East Hollywood is getting redeveloped.

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 20th, 2018, 12:45 pm

TheAngels wrote:Other than that and 18th Street Hollywood, I'm not too familiar with Hollywood gangs.

Is there a White Fence clique near Western & Sunset or something? I remember seeing hit-ups on the walls not far from there.

I know East Hollywood has always been grimier than central or the west side of Hollywood. Basically the area getting the most gentrification are the central and west sides. But I see signs East Hollywood is getting redeveloped.
The rebels 13 used to be around Carlton way and Gordon and i used to see head hunters hit up alot around Wilton and Santa Monica. I seen some rebel hit ups last month around Gower and Carlton way. Also there is a gang called Saint Andrew 13 (STA) around Wilton and Melrose who beef with Ms13 around that area. I heard they killed a ms13 a couple years ago

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 20th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Also i still see 18st hitups around Cherokee and Hollywood blvd and seen 1 tatted up walking on Hollywood blvd

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » May 20th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Pico2jeff wrote:Also i still see 18st hitups around Cherokee and Hollywood blvd and seen 1 tatted up walking on Hollywood blvd
i remember years ago TMC and Rebels were at war with eachother over El Centro st in Hollywood

Who still kicks it in the El Centro neighborhood in Hollywood?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 20th, 2018, 7:02 pm

This has me wondering... has there ever been a Black gang in Hollywood?

I'm guessing Blacks never had the numbers in Hollywood for a gang to come up.

I know Filipinos had a Satanas clique in East Hollywood the 70's and Armenians had a hood in East Hollywood in the 90's.

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 20th, 2018, 11:25 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
Pico2jeff wrote:Also i still see 18st hitups around Cherokee and Hollywood blvd and seen 1 tatted up walking on Hollywood blvd
i remember years ago TMC and Rebels were at war with eachother over El Centro st in Hollywood

Are you talking about the TMCs on Willoughby around el centro and vine? Willoughby was hot during the 90s also delongpre them Tmcs was wild and they beefed with 18st also in the area

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 20th, 2018, 11:32 pm

TheAngels wrote:This has me wondering... has there ever been a Black gang in Hollywood?

I'm guessing Blacks never had the numbers in Hollywood for a gang to come up.

I know Filipinos had a Satanas clique in East Hollywood the 70's and Armenians had a hood in East Hollywood in the 90's.
I never heard of a black gang in Hollywood im going to ask around but black gangs set up shop and made money all over Hollywood i heard stories of the 20 bloods, Bps, and Grape streets making big money. I heard delongpre was a crazy street Vine and Willoughby was a very active dope spot

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 20th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Also i still be seeing Armenian power 13 hit ups east of Hollywood blvd and Western

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » May 24th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Pico2jeff wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:

Are you talking about the TMCs on Willoughby around el centro and vine? Willoughby was hot during the 90s also delongpre them Tmcs was wild and they beefed with 18st also in the area
I have 2 older cousins in their late 40s who are from TMC
One of them told me MS 13 killed a lot of his homies from TMC

So I'm guessing they mostly beefed with MS 13

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » May 25th, 2018, 11:48 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
Pico2jeff wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:

I have 2 older cousins in their late 40s who are from TMC
One of them told me MS 13 killed a lot of his homies from TMC

So I'm guessing they mostly beefed with MS 13
Seems like a lot of gangs and tagging crews took a loss from Ms13. Both Ms13 and Tmc seem to have alot different spots in Hollywood.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » July 8th, 2018, 12:33 pm

90% of them, very soon they'll all be gone. 30 years ago Lemon Grove Park and the surrounding apartments were a very scary area but now they're nice. within the next 20 years all of LA will be gentrified especially metro LA and the area along the river. all ghetto people will be in the desert.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » July 10th, 2018, 8:57 pm

femun wrote:90% of them, very soon they'll all be gone. 30 years ago Lemon Grove Park and the surrounding apartments were a very scary area but now they're nice. within the next 20 years all of LA will be gentrified especially metro LA and the area along the river. all ghetto people will be in the desert.
Even desert areas are getting more expensive like Riverside County.
I can see the low income people getting pushed out to the high desert like Apple Valley, Victorville, Barstow, Hesperia and what not.
Where are all these hipsters coming from that are moving to all the gentrified hoods? Are they coming from other parts of Cali or are they from out of state?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » July 12th, 2018, 1:33 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
femun wrote:90% of them, very soon they'll all be gone. 30 years ago Lemon Grove Park and the surrounding apartments were a very scary area but now they're nice. within the next 20 years all of LA will be gentrified especially metro LA and the area along the river. all ghetto people will be in the desert.
Even desert areas are getting more expensive like Riverside County.
I can see the low income people getting pushed out to the high desert like Apple Valley, Victorville, Barstow, Hesperia and what not.
Where are all these hipsters coming from that are moving to all the gentrified hoods? Are they coming from other parts of Cali or are they from out of state?
They're coming from the Midwest, the Northeast and Northern and Central Cali. For the most part these are people that have received an inheritance or settlement and they're coming to beautiful Southern California with a vision. This has already happened in San Francisco and Manhattan so the blueprint is there for anybody who can see the bigger picture.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”