Gentrification will be the Death of LA street Gangs

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
HNIC
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Re: Gentrification will be the Death of LA street Gangs

Unread post by HNIC » January 21st, 2019, 4:51 am

TheAngels wrote:
HNIC wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:Here’s a question that’s been floating around my head for a while: What gangs do you think will definitely still be alive and active 20-30 years from now?

I used to think certain hoods will be around forever, but I see a lot has changed in Southern California and even some gangs that I thought would always be deep and active seem super turned down and low key/low in numbers. But is there spots that seem likely going strong for many years to come?
I think the Mid City and WLA gangs will be gone 20-30 years from now if not sooner. The Black gang recruitment pool is getting thinner and thinner, and the Black home owners over there are getting thin also. Million dollar houses over there now that were barely worth 200K twenty years ago, many Blacks have cashed out where they could and moved on to Lancaster, etc. Two bedroom apt over there is 2000 minimum... Gangs will be priced out of Mid City and WLA areas within the next decade or so...
Which hoods do you think right now are on the verge of extinction?

Is GraveYard Gangster Crips in Santa Monica or By Yourself Hustler/Gangster Crips in PicFair area still around? If they ain't done for already they have to be close to it.
BYSH will be the first to go of the WLA 3x gangs, they are basically gone already, the most recent group of youngsters at Hamilton and Fairfax that are interested in gangs is much lower compared to the previous generations... this shit is getting played out to most of WLA youth

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by TheAngels » January 21st, 2019, 5:01 pm

HNIC wrote:
TheAngels wrote:
HNIC wrote:
AmericanZombie wrote:Here’s a question that’s been floating around my head for a while: What gangs do you think will definitely still be alive and active 20-30 years from now?

I used to think certain hoods will be around forever, but I see a lot has changed in Southern California and even some gangs that I thought would always be deep and active seem super turned down and low key/low in numbers. But is there spots that seem likely going strong for many years to come?
I think the Mid City and WLA gangs will be gone 20-30 years from now if not sooner. The Black gang recruitment pool is getting thinner and thinner, and the Black home owners over there are getting thin also. Million dollar houses over there now that were barely worth 200K twenty years ago, many Blacks have cashed out where they could and moved on to Lancaster, etc. Two bedroom apt over there is 2000 minimum... Gangs will be priced out of Mid City and WLA areas within the next decade or so...

Is GraveYard Gangster Crips in Santa Monica or By Yourself Hustler/Gangster Crips in PicFair area still around? If they ain't done for already they have to be close to it.
BYSH will be the first to go of the WLA 3x gangs, they are basically gone already, the most recent group of youngsters at Hamilton and Fairfax that are interested in gangs is much lower compared to the previous generations... this shit is getting played out to most of WLA youth

Yeah. Drive through their turf and you see hipsters, White children riding bikes, and old ladies.. no hit ups and no one posted up.

BYSH switched to Tray Gangsters, but I hear the OG generation still calls themselves Hustlers. Must've been a disagreement between the old and new generation.

Of the West LA/Mid CIty gangs, I think BYSH was the smallest of them all. Smaller than Marvin, School Yard, Mansfield, or Playboy. If they aren't gone already they're close to it.

BFGC in Palms is another one on the way out.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » March 24th, 2020, 3:29 pm

LAResident wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 3:55 pm
shaolinmonche wrote:
LAResident wrote:My family moved out of Venice in the 90’s because rent was going up now here in South LA where I live (by usc) it’s getting expensive too....
My uncle lives by USC too. His rent is going up in January. He stays off Jefferson and Harvard.
Do you know what hood that is? I've seen HPS, ATC, FTB and R20s tagged up in that neighborhood.[/quote
I dont know either I see those same hoods hit up all around their too....

That's mostly Fruit Town Brim territory, with the R30's right next to them, as well at the ATC's

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » March 24th, 2020, 3:44 pm

HNIC wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 4:51 am
TheAngels wrote:
HNIC wrote:

That's because of the white, hispanic, and other cultures who have moved to West L.A. and gentrified it. Gentrification started in West L.A. back in 1995 in PBG territory, and these "hipsters" or "yuppies" etc, are the kids of these gentrifying bastards who have moved over there. The new generation BYGC mostly turned PBG but it is true the older generation still claim BYSHC but they've always been Trays (3x) anyway. Us BFGC are still in the Palms, but the neighborhood is heavily gentrifying, but what I find hypocritical is how the police were very aggressive trying to remove us out of the neighborhood, but have done nothing toward the hispanic gangs over there, pretty much allowing them to do anything they please. That right there is proof of the racism involved in gentrification, they don't want no blacks on the West side period!, even though these city politicians have equally gotten rid of the Culver City 13's, Sotel 13's, and Venice 13's.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”