Red Shield Youth And Community Center

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Pico2jeff
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Red Shield Youth And Community Center

Unread post by Pico2jeff » February 5th, 2019, 4:51 pm

The Robert and Tilly Red Shield Community Center aka The Salvation army with a red shield logo is located right off s Union avenue and 11th st. I know its been there since at least the mid 80s and i was wondering was it connected to 18 street red shield clique? Also what are the red shield cliques boundaries?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Red Shield Youth And Community Center

Unread post by TheAngels » February 5th, 2019, 11:19 pm

I can’t speak much on it but I’ve always assumed that 18th Street Red Shield clique is directly related to the Red Shield youth center.

A lot of youth community groups throughout history which were designed to keep kids out of trouble ended up becoming gangs. Wasn’t White Fence originally a community youth group at a church? So were the Blackstones Rangers aka the Black P. Stones. I’m guessing this 18th Street clique came from kids who hung out at this Red Shirld community center.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Red Shield Youth And Community Center

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 8th, 2019, 1:22 pm

^ ^ like V Lincoln Heights at the Cinco Puntos, what was it? a YMCA youth community center or something like that?

Thee V LHTS of today is not the same gang that some claim to be from the early part of the 1900s century, nopes, it's a diff one, born in the 80s

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”