I dont mean this disrespectful, but why does it seem so many surenos are on meth in LA?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Utd2097
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Bay area

I dont mean this disrespectful, but why does it seem so many surenos are on meth in LA?

Unread post by Utd2097 » March 8th, 2019, 2:34 am

Im not from LA so i didnt know but i recently started hearing about many surenos on meth in LA. But it isnt just a LA problem. Meth seems to be hitting latinos all over cali. From fresno to LA to bakers to stockton ect..

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: I dont mean this disrespectful, but why does it seem so many surenos are on meth in LA?

Unread post by LAResident » March 8th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Utd2097 wrote:Im not from LA so i didnt know but i recently started hearing about many surenos on meth in LA. But it isnt just a LA problem. Meth seems to be hitting latinos all over cali. From fresno to LA to bakers to stockton ect..
If your not from LA why do you care?

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Re: I dont mean this disrespectful, but why does it seem so many surenos are on meth in LA?

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 9th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Before meth it was heroin and before that they huffed paint. And all sorts of other drugs and ways to get high too. Drug use has always been apart of that lifestyle. Is it worse now? It’s possible. Hard to say.

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » March 9th, 2019, 4:37 pm

That meth shit only with the Vatos from like 25 years and up , all the youngsters every race out here is popping pills and doing lean they gonna regret that shit later though

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » March 10th, 2019, 7:25 pm

My homie told me that the active foos from SXL are homeless....they live in tents tweeked out in their hood.... toothless and homeless...

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » March 10th, 2019, 7:25 pm

My homie told me that the active foos from SXL are homeless....they live in tents tweeked out in their hood.... toothless and homeless...

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » March 10th, 2019, 11:18 pm

LAResident wrote:My homie told me that the active foos from SXL are homeless....they live in tents tweeked out in their hood.... toothless and homeless...
That maybe true .... but I know a lot of active youngsters from South Los are actually from The Antelope Valley area they recruiting heavy out there and they go put in work in south Los hood lmfao

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 11th, 2019, 10:04 pm

A lot of homies were smoking Crystal in the 2000s. And early 2010s. It was just the thing to do.
California is the #1 import of crystal meth from Mexico so it's everywhere and cheap. You can get a 8 ball for like $60.
That's how alot of gangmembers make money by selling tweak.
Some people start tweaking it in their teens and move on from it when they get older.

I have a lot of homies that started tweaking it around 13, 14, and 15 and don't fuck with it anymore in their 20s. Then I have homies who just stay stuck on it.

I think young people nowadays are into pill popping and drinking lean cus that's what all the mainstream rappers be promoting in their music. There's still a lot of tweakers out here.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 11th, 2019, 10:05 pm

A lot of homies were smoking Crystal in the 2000s. And early 2010s. It was just the thing to do.
California is the #1 import of crystal meth from Mexico so it's everywhere and cheap. You can get a 8 ball for like $60.
That's how alot of gangmembers make money by selling tweak.
Some people start tweaking it in their teens and move on from it when they get older.

I have a lot of homies that started tweaking it around 13, 14, and 15 and don't fuck with it anymore in their 20s. Then I have homies who just stay stuck on it.

I think young people nowadays are into pill popping and drinking lean cus that's what all the mainstream rappers be promoting in their music. There's still a lot of tweakers out here.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 12th, 2019, 10:59 am

I think it will always be something. Maybe the kind of person that says yes to joining a gang might be the same kind of person that says yes to drugs. Supposedly overall drug use is down among teens across the board. Hard to know if that crosses over into gang member populations though.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 15th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Utd2097 wrote:Im not from LA so i didnt know but i recently started hearing about many surenos on meth in LA. But it isnt just a LA problem. Meth seems to be hitting latinos all over cali. From fresno to LA to bakers to stockton ect..
back like in the late 1970s and early to mid 80s, i was going back and forth up to to Fresno, on account of i had a lady up there, and back then, Fresno was the capital of crank, all those nice pink or beige colors and shit :) up there in the outskirts of town there wasn't much nothing to do up there but party and get high and get laid., hell, in those same days down here in the harbor area in los, we had the usual lokera mota y coca plus sherms kools lovelies primos piedra acido purples white stars blue or red dragon acido y la chiva, tu sabes, the regular, but kriko, nah, that wasn't in the barrios, blancas pildoras that was only among the bikers y rockers klikas, but not the average loco on the streets., that all changed in the nineties, and in my opinion, besides all the other so termed and deemed criminal aspects as to the answers to the question, i'd say "price" was the main reason for it to have taken off like it did in the southland., this after the crack the era of the 1980s

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”