18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
yoda100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: December 17th, 2017, 6:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by yoda100 » March 17th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Does anyone know why these two decided to click up? there had to have been a reason, we all know there enemies today, but I was watching a video from 1993, and there were taggings with "RWST EIGHTEEN STREET" and neither of them were crossing each other out and were on good terms, I believe 18st wanted to make rockwood a click way back in the day, but rockwood refused and thus the beef started, its wierd seeing how so many of these different hoods were allys back in the day only to turn into enemies later on, it reminded me of the vincent town 13 and columbus street 13 ally turned beef, and we all know how that one started..

yoda100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: December 17th, 2017, 6:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by yoda100 » March 17th, 2019, 9:18 pm

come to think of it, it's crazy how some of these beefs started just because a bigger gang wanted to absorb the smaller gangs, but they refused and fought back.. same shit happened between Florencia 13 and The Bratz 13, F13 wanted to make TBZ a click, but they said fuck that and stood there ground, and thats how their beef started, if you guys know of any other instances of a gang refusing to become a click post them up in here, i'd like to learn something new up in here lol

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 389
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 9:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by LAResident » March 17th, 2019, 11:02 pm

DFS used to get along with 18 st

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 51
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 18th, 2019, 10:16 am

yoda100 wrote:come to think of it, it's crazy how some of these beefs started just because a bigger gang wanted to absorb the smaller gangs, but they refused and fought back.. same shit happened between Florencia 13 and The Bratz 13, F13 wanted to make TBZ a click, but they said fuck that and stood there ground, and thats how their beef started, if you guys know of any other instances of a gang refusing to become a click post them up in here, i'd like to learn something new up in here lol
A big one is 18st. Weren't they apart of Clanton 14st. They were Clanton 18 but broke off cuz Clanton were strictly Chicanos and didn't like paisas or other races joining. 18st started and were recruiting all races and paisas.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 51
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 18th, 2019, 10:22 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
yoda100 wrote:come to think of it, it's crazy how some of these beefs started just because a bigger gang wanted to absorb the smaller gangs, but they refused and fought back.. same shit happened between Florencia 13 and The Bratz 13, F13 wanted to make TBZ a click, but they said fuck that and stood there ground, and thats how their beef started, if you guys know of any other instances of a gang refusing to become a click post them up in here, i'd like to learn something new up in here lol
A big one is 18st. Weren't they apart of Clanton 14st. They were Clanton 18 but broke off cuz Clanton were strictly Chicanos and didn't like paisas or other races joining. 18st started and were recruiting all races and paisas.
Out here in OC decades ago alot of Santa Ana gangs used to be cliques of FxTroop. But they all broke off and now beef with FxTroop. OVC Orange Varrio Cypress used to be FxTroop Orange. OVC beefs with FxTroop now too.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 19th, 2019, 10:15 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
yoda100 wrote:come to think of it, it's crazy how some of these beefs started just because a bigger gang wanted to absorb the smaller gangs, but they refused and fought back.. same shit happened between Florencia 13 and The Bratz 13, F13 wanted to make TBZ a click, but they said fuck that and stood there ground, and thats how their beef started, if you guys know of any other instances of a gang refusing to become a click post them up in here, i'd like to learn something new up in here lol
A big one is 18st. Weren't they apart of Clanton 14st. They were Clanton 18 but broke off cuz Clanton were strictly Chicanos and didn't like paisas or other races joining. 18st started and were recruiting all races and paisas.

That’s kind of the opposite situation. 18 wanted to be apart of Clanton 14st. And Clanton rejected them.

Which makes it interesting how 18 went on to have the opposite philosophy to absorb as many gangs and crews as possible.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 484
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by TheAngels » March 19th, 2019, 1:50 pm

I always understood from older Clanton members (who banged in the 70's) that 18th Street was originally part of Clanton, and they were calling themselves Clanton 18 but the OGs rejected it. And they rebelled and broke off...

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 69
Joined: October 27th, 2018, 12:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Yeah there’s old pics of C18 st writting in cement. But must’ve been short lived if the OGs didn’t approve.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 484
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by TheAngels » March 19th, 2019, 6:57 pm

The original Clanton 14 First Hood was big as hell...

It was basically Olympic (N)

MLK (S)

Hoover (W)

L.A. River (E)...

Clanton 18 originated on the northwest side of the hood near 18th & Arapahoe.

All that's left of Clanton 14 First Hood today is:

Main (W)

35th (S)

30th (N)

San Pedro (E)


I heard the Clantons there in the Low Bottoms are diehards trying to defend a dying hood surrounded by a lot of bigger and more active hoods.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 51
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 20th, 2019, 11:15 am

What about Temple St?
Didn't a bunch of gangs break away from TST? Like Varrio Rebels ?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 484
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by TheAngels » March 20th, 2019, 11:35 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:What about Temple St?
Didn't a bunch of gangs break away from TST? Like Varrio Rebels ?
Yes, Rebels came from Temple, and also the Filipino gang the Satanas.

The Satanas in L.A. city is pretty much dead, but I hear they have a small presence in some of the outskirt cities like Cerritos and I think somewhere in Ventura County. And I know some Filipinos still rep Temple Street, including in the Philippines.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 51
Joined: July 7th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Re: 18st and Rockwood 13 clicked up at one point in time..

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 21st, 2019, 11:41 am

TheAngels wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:What about Temple St?
Didn't a bunch of gangs break away from TST? Like Varrio Rebels ?
Yes, Rebels came from Temple, and also the Filipino gang the Satanas.

The Satanas in L.A. city is pretty much dead, but I hear they have a small presence in some of the outskirt cities like Cerritos and I think somewhere in Ventura County. And I know some Filipinos still rep Temple Street, including in the Philippines.
Yeeaa. I think Satanas and Sarzana have been dead forever in Cerritos area. A lot of their hardcore riders doing Life in the pen and their last generation moved on from that gang shit and started families. OGs weren't in the streets recruiting so they died out.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”