Is There a famous White Barrio Figure?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Is There a famous White Barrio Figure?

Unread post by wizdom » March 19th, 2005, 2:00 pm

In some Barrio or Mexican Gangster movies there's a white or half White Chicano who gets in the Gang and eventually runs sh-it. In "American Me" a white person who was gonna be exkluded from the gang at first eventually bekame the shot-caller. In "Blood In, Blood Out" the main character who was half Chicano, was exkluded from the gang bekause of his skin kolor, then he went to prison he was exkluded agen, but he killed people and rose to power. At the end he bekame the leader of "La Eme". So is there a legend of a famous White Barrio leader? what's the story?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Is There a famous White Barrio Figure?

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 19th, 2005, 7:03 pm

Joe "Pegleg" Morgan

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 19th, 2005, 7:19 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:Joe "Pegleg" Morgan
True all the White Barrio niggas in the movie had PegLegs. do u know the story about him?

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 19th, 2005, 7:56 pm

here's a little about Joe "Pegleg" Morgan

16 gang leaders from East Los Angeles barrios formed a deadly alliance to control the prison narcotics trade. The well-organized gang built its criteria along ethnic lines and a set of rules modeled after the Sicilian Mafia.

The supposed original members-leaders of the group were: Joe 'Pegleg' Morgan (sometimes called Papa Joe) In the movie "American Me" By Edward James Olmos, the charcater J.D. represented "Joe Morgan"
According to Bill Valentine in his book Gangs and Their Tattoos: Identifying Gangbangers on the Street and in Prisonand Jimmy Santiago Baca in his A Place to Stand Rudy 'Cheyenne' Cadena was the original leader of "La EME". Rudy Cedena is portrayed by the character 'Santana' in "American Me" Unlike the movie, he was also killed by Nuestra Familia, not La Eme.

Joe ‘Pegleg” Morgan was in prison for forty years, beginning with a conviction of murder at the age sixteen. He manage to gain so much power and control of drug trafficking, street crimes, violence and money laundering that he rose to serve as the Mexican Mafia’s Godfather in the later half of his life.

In American there was an Asian man who was part of "La Eme" (it was the same nigga who played Tsang Sung in "mortal Kombat"). is there a legendary Asian Barrio Figure. Maybe it was a Filipino kause i know Filipinos aligned with some Mexikan gangs. or maybe in the movie he was suppose to be a mexikan but the kuddnt find anymore mexikan actors.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 21st, 2005, 12:26 am

wizdom wrote:In American Me there was an Asian man who was part of "La Eme" (it was the same nigga who played Tsang Sung in "mortal Kombat"). is there a legendary Asian Barrio Figure. Maybe it was a Filipino kause i know Filipinos aligned with some Mexikan gangs. or maybe in the movie he was suppose to be a mexikan but the kuddnt find anymore mexikan actors.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 21st, 2005, 4:49 am

the dude in the movie was supposed to be a Japanese guy...but i believe there was a Filipino in it...

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » March 21st, 2005, 8:06 am

the asian guy was supposed to be ray tasaki. here is a article i found on him. and my uncle used to know him.

Ray Tasaki is a sansei born in Los Angeles in 1936. During World War II, his family was interned in Heart Mountain, Wyoming, when Tasaki was 6. After release from the internment camp, his family returned to L.A. Tasaki ran with gangs like the Primera Flats (a Chicano gang from East L.A) and ended up spending the late ’60s in and out of penitentiaries. While in jail, Tasaki was exposed to Black Muslims and learned about the work of the Black Panthers and other groups. In the early 1970s, Tasaki helped form Asian American Hard Core, a program that dealt with drug and alcohol abuse. Tasaki recently retired from a non-profit vocational school in San Jose, where he was a printing and graphics instructor

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 21st, 2005, 12:57 pm

mr 503 wrote:the asian guy was supposed to be ray tasaki. here is a article i found on him. and my uncle used to know him.

Ray Tasaki is a sansei born in Los Angeles in 1936. During World War II, his family was interned in Heart Mountain, Wyoming, when Tasaki was 6. After release from the internment camp, his family returned to L.A. Tasaki ran with gangs like the Primera Flats (a Chicano gang from East L.A) and ended up spending the late ’60s in and out of penitentiaries. While in jail, Tasaki was exposed to Black Muslims and learned about the work of the Black Panthers and other groups. In the early 1970s, Tasaki helped form Asian American Hard Core, a program that dealt with drug and alcohol abuse. Tasaki recently retired from a non-profit vocational school in San Jose, where he was a printing and graphics instructor
so Ray Tasaki was La Eme?

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » May 7th, 2005, 8:07 pm

from what i heard there was a lot of japanese people in the barrios back then

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 23rd, 2005, 1:46 pm

NikexCortez wrote:
wizdom wrote:In American Me there was an Asian man who was part of "La Eme" (it was the same nigga who played Tsang Sung in "mortal Kombat"). is there a legendary Asian Barrio Figure. Maybe it was a Filipino kause i know Filipinos aligned with some Mexikan gangs. or maybe in the movie he was suppose to be a mexikan but the kuddnt find anymore mexikan actors.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA
lol, kuddnt find anymore mexikan actors, lol.

Personally I don't know of any "legendary" figures in the varrio who were Japanese, but I've known several Chinese (not famous or anything) from the varrio's.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”