pics of your neighborhood

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: pics of your neighborhood

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 4:31 pm

Harlem - 139th

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 4:33 pm

THE WORLD FAMOUS APOLLO

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 4:34 pm

THE AVE

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 4:35 pm

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 4:35 pm

POLO GROUND - 4 TOWERS OF DEATH

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 25th, 2005, 5:20 pm

[quote="purplecityhello"][/quote]
i love rainy days in NYC

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 5:51 pm

you is sick home skillet^

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 25th, 2005, 5:59 pm

why? i think the xity looks great in the rain especially in my old neighborhood willamsberg. that looked awsome and i loved it since i was like 3.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 25th, 2005, 6:09 pm

well yo its all opinion kid - but i rather the sunny tropical sky than in Harlem with they grey gloom of wet depression

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 25th, 2005, 6:31 pm

that sunny tropical shit is for LA. the rain and snow makes NY for me.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 25th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Is that guy next to the stroller dead?
I have pics coming. I will show the nice part of town and the not nice part. I will compare them and see what you guys think. I didn't know you wanted to see the decay part. I just figured I would show you a couple neighborhoods. I have stuff coming...

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 26th, 2005, 2:57 am

Dr Funky wrote:What are those green things? Why don't they look like regular boarded up houses?
I'll take some pics that you guys want.
Yours has a nice tree though! LOL!
Those green things are stainless steel sheets (do you have wooden boards on your empty houses?) to stop crack and smack addicts gettin into the homes and to stop 5 and 6 year old kids from settin the houses on fire.

Those houses only have one room upstairs and downstairs, they're tiny little things, they dont have back gardens either just alleyways (im glad to say the toilets are no longer in the alleyway as all of the houses have been brought up to regulation). In this neighbourhood only the toughest people live there, only 25% of the houses are occupied, the rest are abandoned or burned down.

Some people live in the boarded up houses because the steel sheets have holes in them to let light in. People have these to stop young kids throwing bricks and petrol bombs through the windows.

The trees were put there to make people feel prouder of their surroundings, to make it look nice. But whats the point when most of the homes are abandoned.

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » April 26th, 2005, 3:14 am

Los Angeles is the place for me awesome place and nice weather.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » April 26th, 2005, 7:27 am

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 26th, 2005, 8:19 am

NW10 wrote:Those green things are stainless steel sheets (do you have wooden boards on your empty houses?) to stop crack and smack addicts gettin into the homes and to stop 5 and 6 year old kids from settin the houses on fire.

Those houses only have one room upstairs and downstairs, they're tiny little things, they dont have back gardens either just alleyways (im glad to say the toilets are no longer in the alleyway as all of the houses have been brought up to regulation). In this neighbourhood only the toughest people live there, only 25% of the houses are occupied, the rest are abandoned or burned down.

Some people live in the boarded up houses because the steel sheets have holes in them to let light in. People have these to stop young kids throwing bricks and petrol bombs through the windows.

The trees were put there to make people feel prouder of their surroundings, to make it look nice. But whats the point when most of the homes are abandoned.
Yes we have a LOT of boarded up houses. I just thought you wanted to see the housing developments. I have pictures being developed as I type. I posted the wrong pics before. I am hitting the “reset” button. LOL! We have what are called “squatters” and sometimes they burn the houses down by accident. I will also post pictures of the abandoned factories that we have. And I will post the nice areas of the city. To compare.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 26th, 2005, 11:59 am

what? its more ghetto if its alot of abandoned houses? if so.. a small lil village up in Russia where no one lives most the most ghetto..
lol whatever if u live in a bad area.. nowadays i see people moving INTO the ghettos cuz they think its cool or something.. thats stupid.... i'd rather see pics of nice big houses than grit and such.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 26th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Who's the knotty Dread up in that Pic

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 26th, 2005, 7:39 pm

TheWatcher wrote:what? its more ghetto if its alot of abandoned houses? if so.. a small lil village up in Russia where no one lives most the most ghetto..
lol whatever if u live in a bad area.. nowadays i see people moving INTO the ghettos because they think its cool or something.. thats stupid.... i'd rather see pics of nice big houses than grit and such.
Nobody really has a definition for "ghetto". Ghetto can be anything. We are just posting what it looks like where everyone lives. I will be posting pictures of nice houses. And their opposites.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » April 27th, 2005, 12:13 am

Dr Funky, the sign on my last post here says that the senoras marching represent a non profit that serves the community. We have a lot of non-profit gang intervention stuff here, can't get by without em.

And Maniac as for preferring LA, it has its bad and good like any other big city. they arrested a wierd ass looking child molester today in my neighborhood. The neighbors told me he was trying to kidnap a 7 yr old boy. all of this going on as the kids got out of school. Every sunday is like the wild west in parts of ECho, shooting gallery if you know what I mean.

Otherwise the people are usually pretty nice here, decent. :)

One more from our City of Angels heh
[img]http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/db/rciss ... C.4.22.jpg[/img]
I have seen this dude b4, well you can guess who he hangs with.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 27th, 2005, 2:56 am

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 27th, 2005, 2:58 am

Follow this link for some cool pics of Boyle Heights.

http://www.sleepylagoon.com/V/BH/BH1/bh01270.htm

DC

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » April 27th, 2005, 7:10 am

BlaKK wrote:Who's the knotty Dread up in that Pic
Not sure bro, but he's with the Jah Tubby Soundsystem

The pictures from the St Pauls Carnival, in 2003 I think

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 27th, 2005, 8:07 am

chini wrote:Dr Funky, the sign on my last post here says that the senoras marching represent a non profit that serves the community. We have a lot of non-profit gang intervention stuff here, can't get by without em.

And Maniac as for preferring LA, it has its bad and good like any other big city. they arrested a wierd ass looking child molester today in my neighborhood. The neighbors told me he was trying to kidnap a 7 yr old boy. all of this going on as the kids got out of school. Every sunday is like the wild west in parts of ECho, shooting gallery if you know what I mean.

Otherwise the people are usually pretty nice here, decent
Speaking of Echo Park I have been noticing that place everywhere!! I saw it on Training Day, and The Shield. Did they actually film in your city?
DC wrote:Follow this link for some cool pics of Boyle Heights.
I really liked those pictures. I love the whole Souhwestern/California thing. It is really wild there?

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » April 27th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Dr Funky wrote:
chini wrote:Dr Funky, the sign on my last post here says that the senoras marching represent a non profit that serves the community. We have a lot of non-profit gang intervention stuff here, can't get by without em.

Otherwise the people are usually pretty nice here, decent
Speaking of Echo Park I have been noticing that place everywhere!! I saw it on Training Day, and The Shield. Did they actually film in your city?
DC wrote:Follow this link for some cool pics of Boyle Heights.
I really liked those pictures. I love the whole Souhwestern/California thing. It is really wild there?
first off ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNKY!!!

Yeah EchoPark is film crazy, EVERY week they are filming here.

We actually got to meet Denzel Washington a very nice man for someone so famous.

Check out the movie My Crazy Life/La Vida Loca, you will see my homegirl Eliana. She was the mom who cusses out her baby in the opening scene. She hated that, cuz she LOVES babies, but she made some mad money doing that, which she really needed.

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » April 27th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Is Echo Park in LA?

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 27th, 2005, 5:40 pm

chini wrote:first off ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNKY!!!

Yeah EchoPark is film crazy, EVERY week they are filming here.

We actually got to meet Denzel Washington a very nice man for someone so famous.

Check out the movie My Crazy Life/La Vida Loca, you will see my homegirl Eliana. She was the mom who cusses out her baby in the opening scene. She hated that, because she LOVES babies, but she made some mad money doing that, which she really needed.
LOL! Thanks!! I'm going to the strip club on Friday! Wanna come? LOL!
Denzel seems like he would be a cool dude. He is one of my favortite actors.

And to answer Maniac's question. I do believe Echo Park is in LA. However I could be wrong because I am not from there. So let chini answer that one.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 29th, 2005, 1:21 am

I dont know what your side of the tracks is like to live in dr funky but to look at it isnt so bad. Theres around 7 or 8 neighbourhoods in my home town that look much worse than your side of the tracks. I would post pictures but my computer wont let me. I could email them if you wanted though.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 29th, 2005, 1:26 am

NW10 wrote:I dont know what your side of the tracks is like to live in dr funky but to look at it isnt so bad. Theres around 7 or 8 neighbourhoods in my home town that look much worse than your side of the tracks. I would post pictures but my computer wont let me. I could email them if you wanted though.
7 or 8 neighbourhoods... my home town only has a population of 150,000 (in an urban area of 485,000) with 26 neigborhoods of around 6,000 people each. Your neighbourhoods are probably bigger.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 29th, 2005, 4:13 am

No way. Your area sounds pretty big. Niagara Falls has a population of about 50,000. From a drop of about 100,000. I'm not really sure how populated my nieghborhood is..... I should check it out. PM me with the
E-Mail info. Looks can be very decieving. There are places in the country that look very nice but have a very high crime rate. Now I REALLY want to see what it looks like where you live.

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 29th, 2005, 5:01 am

And in your opinion do you feel that ghetto's in London and the rest of Europe are worse than American ones? I am not being sarcastic

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”