Gettin Put on a Hood?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
spanyloc2005
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Gettin Put on a Hood?

Unread post by spanyloc2005 » September 24th, 2003, 9:43 pm

I want to know if you wanted to get put on a hood in LA, can you just walk in the neighborhood and ask someone to put you on? we don't do that in Daygo, but i heard you can in LA? I don't think that's true, but if not, how do LA gangs put niggas on the set, i am not talking abotu jumped in, all that, i mean what's the process. Also what's the oldest nigga you seen get put on a hood?

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gettin Put on a Hood?

Unread post by G bka C.rum » September 24th, 2003, 9:51 pm

Thats a good azz question how do ni66as get put on the set in L.A. In Minneapolis with the 60's you have to be around the hood hangin with the homies for some months to see what your about and if you down if the big homies or an Og vouches for you you get jumped in for 60 seconds and depending on what you've done b4 gettin c'ed in you put in on some enemigos. How ya'll do it in L.A.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 25th, 2003, 12:52 am

TO GET PUT ON THE NELLAS I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE AROUND AND HANG WITH THE HOMIES AND PUT IN A LITTLE WORK BECAUSE WE AIN'T PUTTIN NO MARKS ON THE HOOD FIRST, SO IF THE HOMIES SEE YOU ARE A RIDA THAN YOU WILL GET QUOTED ON. BUT AINT NO WALK INTO ANY HOOD AND ASKIN TO GET PUT ON.

AK-47

Unread post by AK-47 » September 25th, 2003, 7:17 am

Walkin in the hood and askin : " hey yo, please , can i be of the hood ??" even a spanish nigga like me answer it, theresmore possibilities that youd be kicked rather than jumped in. Ya gotta be jumped in or prove youre a fighter, how they gonna let a fool join the gang, sometimes is commitin a robbery and shit.

PolakoBandito

Unread post by PolakoBandito » September 26th, 2003, 11:57 pm

You have to have close ties with the other members and gradually work yourself in. In some cases you have to be recommended.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » September 27th, 2003, 11:57 am

That S**** aint going down out here in LA. Although I did see it happen one time. Seen the Fair Fax Gangsta Crip niggaz do a nigga like that.
But the odds of a nigga just walking up and asking to be queoted and actually gettin in is slim. The 1x is on the war path out for every hood here in LA so niggaz would think somebody just walking up out of the blue asking to get put on is police. niggaz might start " I dont know what you talkin bout" stuff.

But there some hoodz desperate for recruites and all you have to do is no somebody from that hood and you can get put on.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 27th, 2003, 9:45 pm

lol fairfaxs was madd deep, cuz any nigga could jus walk on it, lil kids was on it, like every nigga round here was from that shit, lil 8-18 years olds, they was marks, callin them selfs pocket checkin people but always gettin punked, all the real niggaz from that jnk bangin mansfield now

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Unread post by Stone » September 28th, 2003, 3:33 am

1. you have to be a "real nigga or female"
2.known by and hang with the homies
3.put in work and keep your mouth shut if you get caught
4.we jump people in after they put in work

CB4

Unread post by CB4 » October 31st, 2003, 12:54 pm

To get in the gang, in Los Angeles you fight members of the gang against the new member ? Why you call police one time ?

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 1st, 2003, 1:49 pm

to get on Atlantic Drive Compton Crip u gotta get stripped down naked and get jumped by all the homies

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » November 2nd, 2003, 7:24 am

LOL LOL LOL WELL TO GET ON WATTS CRACIN LOCS YOU HAVE TO LIK NUTTS OF ALL THE HOMIES

Kountry
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kountry » November 2nd, 2003, 11:47 am

yall mufuckers crazy

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 2nd, 2003, 9:34 pm

bg casper is u tryna talk shit? .... nothin wuz said to u , but ok

i'm just sayin wut bg scarface(rip) said how they get put on in atlantic

no need to start talkin shit if u wanna do that lol ok

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 2nd, 2003, 10:21 pm

lol, bgcasper and crackin, y'all sick. I agree with country, lol. But anyways, 2 CB4 I guess CNN told everyone about getting put on a set about 15 yrs. ago, so no need 4 me 2 respond. But here's something i bet alot of u did not know and I would challenge u 2 refute. The term (1 times) for the cops originated from a rap song and was started by the PJ's. The song was a Spoonie Gee cut (I forget the name, but 1 of his classics) in which there was a line which said 1 time for the mind and the usually yes, yes y'all. The song came out,what '79, '80 r '81 hell I can't remember it was doing the my lovely days r bo-love , lol, as some of u recall. Anyways, a PJ OG (more of a huslter than a banger) named Richard Mo started saying it and it took of on the eastside, from what I was told at the time, by my Grape OG's and a bg in my age group who was from the PJ's and was tight with me, but his big bros. Twin and Gemini (OG's) was from Grape. We got over on LAPD and the Stony Boys for a good year to year n a half before they figured it out. Very true story. Check with ur big homies and Alonzo and find arguments 2 refute this, I doubt if u can. I got another similar thread regarding the origins of hatgang, bebop and playboy gangsters which will make u wonder, but....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » November 3rd, 2003, 11:01 am

LOL WAZCRACIN LOLOLOL BG FACE GOT STRIP NAKED THEN LOLOLOL WELL MAY HE DRIVE IN PEACE ..... VERY INTERESTIN' WIZARD ANOTHER AMAZING POST ... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THEM HATS AND PLAY BOYZ ...

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » November 3rd, 2003, 4:21 pm

damn so basically u sayin Spoonie G from pj watts wuz rappin back in 79 doin gangsta rap? lol wtf, i wuznt knowin bout all that, do u got any of his records? i think u gon rewrite history with that, nobody really know about that sh*t myself included

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 4th, 2003, 1:12 am

naw, Wattscrackin, Spoonie Gee was a NYC rapper the originial 1, that Nong was big back in the day along with others like Count Cool Out and Super Rhymes, those shits was rocking back then. The 1st real west coast MC i can think of was Ice T when he dropped Cold Rhymes ( I'm a player u know I always clean, I drove Mercedes Benz since I was 17, that shit , from the womb to the tomb I run my game) young hustlas from LA could relate to that), hell that was about "82? somebody help me out, 2 many brain cells killed, stop me form joining MESNA, lol. The term in regardingd to the cop was started in the PJ's, before that, it was simply johnny law r the po lease, cop was lost with (1 times) ask some of those 23 yrs vets (ciops) next time they sweat u.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”