Punk rock gangs

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
Supreme Maggot

Punk rock gangs

Unread post by Supreme Maggot » May 21st, 2007, 3:24 am

Does anybody on here know anything about punk rock gangs? I'm basically looking for info about different punk rock gangs such as the Los Angeles Death Squad (L.A.D.S.), FFF, etc. All I know is that they were gangs, but they were a lot more different than the the gangs that carry guns and deal drugs and shit.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 30th, 2007, 10:08 pm

I actually used to run with some LADS back in the early 80s. Also Sic Boys out of Corona and Riverside. Yes they were a bit different.....lol. They were mostly rich kids with nothing better to do than cause trouble and do lots of dope.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 31st, 2007, 1:05 pm

there's a whole big thread on punk gangs in the "Inactive Gangs" section.

Punk gangs were part of the hardcore pun k scene of the 80's. Some of the bigger or better known gangs were LADS, FFF, Suicidal, KAOS, Burbank Punk Organization, Hollywood Rat Patrol, The Family.

Suicidal is the only one that's still active as far as I know. The South Side faction of LADS might still be out there somewhere.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 1st, 2007, 5:42 pm

Silencioso wrote:there's a whole big thread on punk gangs in the "Inactive Gangs" section.

Punk gangs were part of the hardcore pun k scene of the 80's. Some of the bigger or better known gangs were LADS, FFF, Suicidal, KAOS, Burbank Punk Organization, Hollywood Rat Patrol, The Family.

Suicidal is the only one that's still active as far as I know. The South Side faction of LADS might still be out there somewhere.
TY :)

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » May 6th, 2008, 12:01 am

I new a guy from the LADS. He was Cuban and a lot of tats. He was a tough guy but didn't come from a bad area. I think
he was from around Hancock park. He was in a shooting one time his best friend was killed.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 6th, 2008, 12:30 pm

Those old punk gangs would get started in the oddest ways too. Many had their roots in early punk gangs but the strangest I heard about was someone from LADS messing around and hit up some walls with MMM and the next thing your know there's a crew calling themselves the Micky Mouse Mafia from the area he tagged.
Silencioso wrote:there's a whole big thread on punk gangs in the "Inactive Gangs" section.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 8th, 2008, 10:42 am

I meant many had their roots in early punk bands.
Old Shatterhand wrote:Those old punk gangs would get started in the oddest ways too. Many had their roots in early punk gangs but the strangest I heard about was someone from LADS messing around and hit up some walls with MMM and the next thing your know there's a crew calling themselves the Micky Mouse Mafia from the area he tagged.