64 Brims in Inglewood near Los Angeles border

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

64 Brims in Inglewood near Los Angeles border

Unread post by alexalonso » July 13th, 2004, 3:46 am

Back in the 1980s, from about 1985 or earlier to about 1990 or so, cant say for sure, there were some Bloods on Long Street south of 60th Street off 64th. They were just west of West Blvd. They were called 64 Brims but they were never too deep.

They were there before the Over Hill 60s started pushing west on their hood and eventually they faded out. I knew a cat named Rat and Masterblaster from 1987, 1988, and 1989 that was reppen 64 Brim real hard. Anybody know these cats?

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: 64 Brims in Inglewood near Los Angeles border

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 13th, 2004, 6:48 pm

na i never heard of them

MaddRonald
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MaddRonald » September 13th, 2004, 12:04 pm

FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW THE YEAR, BUT IN L.A. THERE WAS A SETT CALLED 6-4 MONSTER BRIMS WHICH MOST OF THEM MERGED WITH AND BECAME 6-DUCE HARVARD PARK BRIMS.
THEY WERE NEAR HARVARD PARK.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » November 30th, 2005, 7:47 pm

Im not a gang member, never have been, but i grew up on 71st/West Blvd by the Slums and my grandparents live on 64th.st/Rimpau,They were part of the first wave of blacks to move in this area.

i would like to address this post and the comments on the 64 Brims and the 60s in this area.

Back in the 1980s, from about 1985 or earlier to about 1990 or so, cant say for sure, there were some Bloods on Long Street south of 60th Street off 64th. They were just west of West Blvd. They were called 64 Brims but they were never too deep.
These guys lived down the street from my folks between Long/West Blvd. I know them all.

They started around 87/88 and didnt hang that much on 64th, they were on Gay/Bret/ Alpha /Chester/Hyde Park/Fairview.........

Before 64 Brims, there was a gang called Long Street Bloods/Boys/Pirus.They were older heads that fought with the Sixties that lived down the street around 80/81. Long St Boys and 64 Brims are now Centinela Park Familys. The Orginal CPF's were IFGs who hung at North Inglewood Park off of Fairview.

They were there before the Over Hill 60s started pushing west on their hood
You got to remember that the Original members who started this gang were scattered between Western / La Brea,and rolled as one, way b4 there was official borders.Labeling areas didnt come into play way later 89/90. I can name 5 original members of this gang that lived West of West Blvd in the early 1970s,who were members of the Original W/S Crips, whos parents were part of the first wave of blacks folks to move there. There has always been Sixties Back there since the beginning, ask any OG from that set.i will only name the ones that are dead or are far out the loop for fear of getting a severe beating.The Older dude that you interviewed for the injunction is in his mid 40's and was West of West Blvd back in the 70's.

OOG Pinky (R.I.P 1989) Harcourt / 64th.st
OOG Banker Te (R.I.P 1994) Long St / 64th.st
....................................................................................

Lil Weasel (R.I.P 1986)Harcourt / 64th. st
Lil Looney(R.I.P 1990) Eileen / 64th.st
Lil Maniac (R.I.P 1985) Eileen / 64th.st
Tiny Peanut (R.I.P 1995) Alviso / 64th.st

and eventually they faded out. I knew a cat named Rat and Masterblaster from 1987, 1988, and 1989 that was reppen 64 Brim real hard. Anybody know these cats?

I know these guys too. Master Blaster is Black /Italian rolled a Cadi back then. He was a 64 Brim used to live on Bret / Gay. He has been out the loop since back then. He left b4 they turned CPF.

Rat i dont know. I think your talking about River Rat he was a OG from I/F and was original member of Centinela Park Family. He used to stay by Chester / Fairview. He was there Rider. He has been gone for years.

All these dudes know each other. You got to remember though:
-Centinela Park used to be a 60 park were they held gatherings 7o's/81.
-OOG Knuckles from 60, little brother is Kick Ass from CPF.(64/West Blvd)

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 1st, 2005, 2:45 pm

Mad Ronald is Right.......
There was a 64 Brims off of Gage/Normandie/Vermont.Older heads.
61/62/64 L.A Brims.........

I speculate, that is why Inglewood 64 Brims turned Family.

My Bad :
Lil Maniac (R.I.P 1983) not '85........
Cudoo (R.I.P 1989) lived on 64th.st / Eileen Av
Since i can remember these dudes dominated 64th.st...

Alot of CPF's have older brothers/Cousins from 60's....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 7th, 2005, 9:21 pm

[quote="OldGuy"][b]Im not a gang member, never have been,[/b] but i grew up on 71st/West Blvd by the Slums and my grandparents live on 64th.st/Rimpau,They were part of the first wave of blacks to move in this area.

i would like to address this post and the comments on the 64 Brims and the 60s in this area.

[b]Back in the 1980s, from about 1985 or earlier to about 1990 or so, cant say for sure, there were some Bloods on Long Street south of 60th Street off 64th. They were just west of West Blvd. They were called 64 Brims but they were never too deep.[/b]
These guys lived down the street from my folks between Long/West Blvd. I know them all.

They started around 87/88 and didnt hang that much on 64th, they were on Gay/Bret/ Alpha /Chester/Hyde Park/Fairview.........

Before 64 Brims, there was a gang called Long Street Bloods/Boys/Pirus.They were older heads that fought with the Sixties that lived down the street around 80/81. Long St Boys and 64 Brims are now Centinela Park Familys. The Orginal CPF's were IFGs who hung at North Inglewood Park off of Fairview.

[b]They were there before the Over Hill 60s started pushing west on their hood[/b]
You got to remember that the Original members who started this gang were scattered between Western / La Brea,and rolled as one, way b4 there was official borders.Labeling areas didnt come into play way later 89/90. I can name 5 original members of this gang that lived West of West Blvd in the early 1970s,who were members of the Original W/S Crips, whos parents were part of the first wave of blacks folks to move there. There has always been Sixties Back there since the beginning, ask any OG from that set.i will only name the ones that are dead or are far out the loop for fear of getting a severe beating.The Older dude that you interviewed for the injunction is in his mid 40's and was West of West Blvd back in the 70's.

OOG Pinky [b](R.I.P 1989)[/b] Harcourt / 64th.st
OOG Banker Te [b](R.I.P 1994)[/b] Long St / 64th.st
....................................................................................

Lil Weasel [b](R.I.P 1986)[/b]Harcourt / 64th. st
Lil Looney[b](R.I.P 1990) [/b]Eileen / 64th.st
Lil Maniac [b](R.I.P 1985)[/b] Eileen / 64th.st
Tiny Peanut [b](R.I.P 1995)[/b] Alviso / 64th.st

[b]and eventually they faded out. I knew a cat named Rat and Masterblaster from 1987, 1988, and 1989 that was reppen 64 Brim real hard. Anybody know these cats?[/b]

I know these guys too. Master Blaster is Black /Italian rolled a Cadi back then. He was a 64 Brim used to live on Bret / Gay. He has been out the loop since back then. He left b4 they turned CPF.

Rat i dont know. I think your talking about River Rat he was a OG from I/F and was original member of Centinela Park Family. He used to stay by Chester / Fairview. He was there Rider. He has been gone for years.

-OOG Knuckles from 60, little brother is Kick Ass from CPF.(64/West Blvd)[/quote]very correct info for a guy who never banged ...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 7th, 2005, 11:35 pm

^^ Very specific too

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 18th, 2006, 12:11 am

I find it weird there would be two 64 Brims, because even though they haven't held down 64th in a long time, the HPB's have always claimed that as one of their streets... 59, 60, 61, 62 and 64. Lately it's just been 61st and 62nd, and most of the homies no matter where they at claim 62nd.

64th seems to be brought up more and more, as they got some little heads banging that street now, but since I can remember, when I heard 64BRIM I thought of Harvard Park.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 27th, 2007, 1:24 am

xxx wrote:Im not a gang member, never have been, but i grew up on 71st/West Blvd by the Slums and my grandparents live on 64th.st/Rimpau,They were part of the first wave of blacks to move in this area.

They were there before the Over Hill 60s started pushing west on their hood

OOG Pinky (R.I.P 1989) Harcourt / 64th.st
OOG Banker Te (R.I.P 1994) Long St / 64th.st

Lil Weasel (R.I.P 1986)Harcourt / 64th. st
Lil Looney(R.I.P 1990) Eileen / 64th.st
Lil Maniac (R.I.P 1985) Eileen / 64th.st
Tiny Peanut (R.I.P 1995) Alviso / 64th.st

and eventually they faded out. I knew a cat named Rat and Masterblaster from 1987, 1988, and 1989 that was reppen 64 Brim real hard. Anybody know these cats?

-OOG Knuckles from 60, little brother is Kick Ass from CPF.(64/West Blvd)
I do remember Master Blaster rolling in a cadillac, I think a coupe from maybe 78 0r 79. Him being half Italian explains why some people would call him a white boy. Did you know a girl named Michelle that lived on Long?

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » July 28th, 2008, 9:30 pm

This is right alonso, the brims did run 64 but they couldnt hold the turf and they were getting ate up by the 60's so "FAT RAT" his real hood name, already a member of IFG....went to the brims and pushed back the 60's and as time moved on with people, they IF's took over.

But xxx is 90% right

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 29th, 2008, 11:25 am

The IFG's made the 64 Brims turn Family in the mid 80s, ie 64 Centinela Park Family- around 1986/1987.

The 64 CPF's don't have a hood or a territory on 64th, they were outpowered and defeated, however, there are still two of their members that reside on that (one block between west blvd and long), one of them has a blood brother from 60s', the other has rest in peaces in his family... the 64 Brims recruited the 65 Hustlers on Inglewoods side of the Border and that allowed their membership to grow large in the City Of inglewood near and around Centinela Park...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 19th, 2009, 3:47 am

I wish I would have took photos of the strike ups I used to see along Long Street, huge 64 Brims.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » September 27th, 2009, 1:20 pm

alexalonso wrote:I wish I would have took photos of the strike ups I used to see along Long Street, huge 64 Brims.
If you go down streets like Bret, Alpha, Long St and look at the old light poles, they carved 64 Brims, in alot of those poles.....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 23rd, 2012, 10:55 pm

xxx wrote:
alexalonso wrote:I wish I would have took photos of the strike ups I used to see along Long Street, huge 64 Brims.
If you go down streets like Bret, Alpha, Long St and look at the old light poles, they carved 64 Brims, in alot of those poles.....
I went down Long the other day and couldn't find any old 64 Brims carvings or scratchings.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » September 27th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Go on Bret look on light poles...Bret and Gay...Brim dog SFB is carved on the poles

KickAss
If in the United States: Colorado
What city do you live in now?: Denver

Unread post by KickAss » November 18th, 2016, 10:13 am

Yall Muthafuckas got shit all twisted! LMCPFAO.... I might fill yall in one day.... Some shit will get ninjas chipped in a real way.... Im compassionate when it comes to ninjas who used to be my best friends.... Loyalty is a muthafucka! Muthafuckas are living today because I respected the bond we had....

KickAss
If in the United States: Colorado
What city do you live in now?: Denver

Unread post by KickAss » November 21st, 2016, 1:36 am

Removed inaccurate info...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 21st, 2016, 1:46 am

KickAss wrote:Yall Muthafuckas got shit all twisted! LMCPFAO.... I might fill yall in one day.... Some shit will get ninjas chipped in a real way.... Im compassionate when it comes to ninjas who used to be my best friends.... Loyalty is a muthafucka! Muthafuckas are living today because I respected the bond we had....
Twisted? How so? Be specific. We talking about a gang that was active nearly 30 years ago.