The Black Devils From Wattstax?

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
Motion
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Carrollton

The Black Devils From Wattstax?

Unread post by Motion » January 26th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Has anyone seen the concert documentry Wattstax? In the audience they show a quick pic of some guys wearing jackets. They are wearing jackets that have the words Black Devils on the back. This was from 1972. Was this a gang? If so,did they join up with the crips or bloods alliance?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: The Black Devils From Wattstax?

Unread post by alexalonso » January 28th, 2013, 1:39 pm

never heard of Black Devils in LA. The Wattstax events people came from all over California and perhaps beyond. If they were in LA, they got consumed into the blood / crips thing quickly.
Attachments
wattstax_blackdevils.jpg
wattstax_blackdevils.jpg (7.55 KiB) Viewed 3213 times

Motion
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Motion » January 28th, 2013, 11:31 pm

I'll check that part of the concert on youtube from time to time. Maybe someone will eventually comment on those guys.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 18th, 2013, 3:44 pm

My guess is they were a black MC like the Chosen Few and East Bay Dragons. I don't think L.A. black street gangs ever wore gang jackets like that.

Motion
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Motion » February 24th, 2013, 12:03 am

^
I thought about them possibly being a motorcycle or car club. I know New York streegangs had jacktes similar to that in the 70's which was why I thought of them being a gang.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 24th, 2013, 1:08 am

yeah me i think it was gang all i know its that black devils was 60's 70's gang like black dragons and those went world wide u had french black devils exactly like ducky boys those were 60 70's old school gang and was mostly originated from bronx .. i was 7 or 8 but i remember it was comon to customized jeans jacket with swamp meat panters or whatever yo block rep patchs it was not only in the bronx even when i got to france in the 80's they was in that full power ...the gang members i remember in l.a had those and hats also was a sign of recognision the brim hat or even tru blue hats from civil war ect ect those dudes on the pic look like 70's club block style to me

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 4th, 2013, 1:45 pm

...the gang members i remember in l.a had those and hats also was a sign of recognision the brim hat or even tru blue hats from civil war ect ect those dudes on the pic look like 70's club block style to me[quote][/quote]

Are you saying black L.A. gangs back in the 70's wore gang jackets? People were rocking jean jackets with "West Side Crips" and "Bounty Hunters Watts" on the back? That's a trip.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 6th, 2013, 7:51 am

it was a fashion thang i remember it depend on what gang the old school one were lookin klike james dean or pachukos style pimpish hutsler style for the black but also in the 70's u had a rock new york style ewave that did hit gangs style i had a panters patch from the swamp meat and a t shirt yellow power at that time most crips were with bomber jackets and canes gloves and even braces so not like 70's biker but more like a contnuation of the black panters movement type of style with leather jacket and stacy adams shoes but street wear on day to day basis lots of people were lookin stoner style tru a a gang of hood was still stuck on the pachuco style but we had an era all over l.a compton i barely remember i was 5 years old but we would clearly see a wave of rock style clothes i would say stoners hard rock style u had the same wave like this in the 70's in new york and actually stoners gang do look like warriors type on new york gang

Return to “Inactive and Past Gang Neighborhoods”