Geer Gang Crips still active?

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Geer Gang Crips still active?

Unread post by TheAngels » February 19th, 2013, 11:32 pm

I remember I went to school with a few Geer Gang Crips in the 90s, and they were still active. From what I can tell, they were most active in the 80s and 90s.

But today you don't see any GGCs there. Based on some convos I had with some Geers online, most of them live in other parts of LA and they started a set in Denver and in Ohio.

It seems their original hood is is all 18th Street hood now.

Can you still call a neighborhood active if all the members no longer parlay in their original hood? Regardless of whether or not the OGs still "rep" it till they die?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Geer Gang Crips still active?

Unread post by alexalonso » February 20th, 2013, 3:02 am

TheAngels wrote:I remember I went to school with a few Geer Gang Crips in the 90s, and they were still active. From what I can tell, they were most active in the 80s and 90s.

But today you don't see any GGCs there. Based on some convos I had with some Geers online, most of them live in other parts of LA and they started a set in Denver and in Ohio.

It seems their original hood is is all 18th Street hood now.

Can you still call a neighborhood active if all the members no longer parlay in their original hood? Regardless of whether or not the OGs still "rep" it till they die?
Once you dont have a neighborhood, in due time, the gang will fade and disappear. Geer Gang is on the way out. In five years or less we'll be talking about the good ole days.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » February 20th, 2013, 5:03 pm

You talking about 18th st hood?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » February 20th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Are the 18th Street cliques in this area (Smiley Drive clique & Alsace clique) the ones going at it with BPS Jungles?

I'm confused because someone told me there's an 18th Street clique INSIDE the Jungles that's beefing with BPS, which sounds hard to believe, since it doesn't seem two rival hoods can both share the Jungles. The Jungles is relatively small, enclosed, and dense, and everyone knows everyone there, and they'd be running in to each other all the time.

I'm guessing the Jungles is still predominantly Black, although I'm sure it has gotten more Mexican since when I used to go there as a kid in the early '90s playing at Jim Gilliam Park. Back then all I saw was Black folks at Jim Gilliam. I saw one Hispanic dude there that whole time.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » February 20th, 2013, 5:39 pm

youngspade wrote:You talking about 18th st hood?
From what I understand, Geer & 18th Street shared that hood for years in peace. It wasn't until within the last 10 years that a war broke out between the two.

I'm guessing 18th Street's numbers got big while Geer got smaller, and so 18 got bold and wanted Geer out of the hood.

Word on the street is also that the Smiley Drive & Alsace cliques are one of the few racist 18th street cliques that don't like Blacks. 18th Street in general is one of the more inclusive Latino gangs in L.A. that has allowed Blacks in and usually are allied with Crips. Maybe it has been the years of beef with BPS that made these 18th Street cliques not like Blacks.

But I don't think the Smiley Drive & Alsace cliques have a problem with PBGC or West Boulevard Crips -- I could be wrong.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 20th, 2013, 6:21 pm

PBGC there are issues...WBC don't think so. I would not call Smiley Drives and Alsace racist because they beef with GG and Damus. They still have a few Blacks if I remember right and they are surrounded by Black gangs and only beef with two. They don't war with WBC, Marvin, 30's....that I know of.

I haven't been over there in a minute but I hear their numbers are down too because of the injunction. As fo the a homegirl of mine makes it seem that it is pretty tough for hispanics over there if you are unknown.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 20th, 2013, 6:27 pm

The BPS vs 18 street beef zipped past me until the City Stones got in it. Then I started hearing about all the shootings. I looked past it not thinking nothing of it. I would hear about how 20's and Harpys would have a conflict and squash it. This was a whole nother animal. Once *illy from BPS got chipped, then I started hearing about what was happening in the J's and with the 20's. I believe the beef with 20's started in the Aves and then Scatterbox got shot. I never paid attention to it because 18 has always been cool with Blacks from my encounters with them. In fact, I have never met a racist 18 in my life. Ive heard a few tales here and there from the Pen or County but nothing to make me believe that they were going there with it.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » February 20th, 2013, 11:15 pm

I was being sarcastic..

DNice
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nah

Unread post by DNice » December 26th, 2013, 12:00 am

it started when the geers jumped a youngin from 18 and the 18s came back and killed big fly that was back in 05 around Christmas time..thats what jumped the war off..fly was a leader but not the main leader..g wzz from geer got told on by one of flys killers from 18 after they shot him on hauser coming out a liquor store lol he told and sent g wiz to jail..also lil g wiz just died a month or 2 ago on 109th and Crenshaw...I don't kno who killed him his last name was galapion I forgot his first name

CBuddy
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by CBuddy » January 15th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Geers still hanging on.The 18th's is heavy right now. All out because one of them just got drop a month ago. The Geers still be up and threw there.

DNice
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nah

Unread post by DNice » February 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm

they never hung out on geer gang blocks anyway,, even tho they share the same hood even if the 18s took over u wont find them over on the blocks geer gang use to hang

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » February 18th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I remember the 18's mainly hanging tough on Hauser between Adams and Jeff. They would strike up on everything up and down Hauser.

Mexica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los angeles

Unread post by Mexica » March 28th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Geer gang is dead on west side !!! Maybe some live there but on low key status not banging , 18 are too deep

BooRoc
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Cleveland

Unread post by BooRoc » August 12th, 2016, 10:51 pm

But today you don't see any GGCs there. Based on some convos I had with some Geers online, most of them live in other parts of LA and they started a set in Denver and in Ohio. I was locked up in Ohio with a GGC from Columbus that they called Hi-C. Really cool cat.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 16th, 2016, 5:34 pm

BooRoc wrote:But today you don't see any GGCs there. Based on some convos I had with some Geers online, most of them live in other parts of LA and they started a set in Denver and in Ohio. I was locked up in Ohio with a GGC from Columbus that they called Hi-C. Really cool cat.
Geer Gang had been hanging with the Rollin 40s Crips, but they dont have their original turf, due to demographic change. Too many Mexicans immigrating in and not enough blacks living there any more.

BooRoc
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Cleveland

Unread post by BooRoc » August 29th, 2016, 5:45 am

alexalonso wrote:
BooRoc wrote:But today you don't see any GGCs there. Based on some convos I had with some Geers online, most of them live in other parts of LA and they started a set in Denver and in Ohio. I was locked up in Ohio with a GGC from Columbus that they called Hi-C. Really cool cat.
Geer Gang had been hanging with the Rollin 40s Crips, but they dont have their original turf, due to demographic change. Too many Mexicans immigrating in and not enough blacks living there any more.
What I know about GGC is that they are a relatively small hood. I lived in LA from 86-91, and I never heard about any noise from them.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 29th, 2016, 10:38 pm

BooRoc wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
What I know about GGC is that they are a relatively small hood. I lived in LA from 86-91, and I never heard about any noise from them.
Carlin Street during the 1980s and early 1990s was active, which went right through their old hood.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » August 8th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Saw recent GGC graffiti east of La Brea in West Blvd Crip territory.

Wondering if GGC retreated into WBC hood...?

The original GGC hood looks like all 18th Street now.

HNIC
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Unread post by HNIC » August 26th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Geers were some reputable Crips in the 80s-90s in WLA/Mid City/Crenshaw areas... they were kinda grimey, at least in and near they hood... used get along with WBC, SYC, 30s and VSLC and bang against PBG, MFG, and MGC, and Damus of course... not deep deep like that but respectable... started to slowly disappear at the end of the 90s, I lived over there on Redondo in 2003-4 and I would see one sometimes individually but not no groups, but some grafitti was still around, this is when they started having problems with the 18s over there, eventually they became nomads...

ElvinStrawhat
If in the United States: Colorado
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by ElvinStrawhat » September 5th, 2018, 5:40 am

The world would say gear gang crips as of clothes instead of a street from California.

ElvinStrawhat
If in the United States: Colorado
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by ElvinStrawhat » September 12th, 2018, 5:35 am

The Geer Gang Crips were one of the most active gangs in the West Adams distract, during the 1990s. but i don'w know now it is still be an active,

http://www.weapons-universe.com