Los Angeles Gangs Late 60's (Google Maps / Earth)

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Los Angeles Gangs Late 60's (Google Maps / Earth)

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 3rd, 2017, 6:30 pm

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 00001&z=11

My starting attempt to log all Black Pre-Crip and Pre-Blood era gangs that flourished in Los Angeles in the late 1960's

I would love to give access to any volunteers to add, edit and fix details to create unique details for each gang in the description area.

We preserve the past to protect the future.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Los Angeles Gangs Late 60's (Google Maps / Earth)

Unread post by bgcasper » May 4th, 2017, 9:30 am

nice map u can add boothill in cpt park village

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 4th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Thx will do. I added discrption details about a week ago, and my comp somehow crashed before I could save and I haven't redone it yet.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 4th, 2017, 12:23 pm

You mean Wilmington Arms Projects Park Village Crip territory?

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 4th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Anyone know ground zero for Harlem? Madd Ronald gave a couple areas in his interview I wasn't sure what the original street, or if Denker Park was the original territory.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 6th, 2017, 3:19 am

[quote="LionTheOracle"]You mean Wilmington Arms Projects Park Village Crip territory?[/quote]yess exact !!!that hood was called boothill

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 7th, 2017, 5:30 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 00001&z=11

My starting attempt to log all Black Pre-Crip and Pre-Blood era gangs that flourished in Los Angeles in the late 1960's

I would love to give access to any volunteers to add, edit and fix details to create unique details for each gang in the description area.

We preserve the past to protect the future.
Very interesting map. Much respect to you for that. Looking forward to seeing its expansion.

I'm curious about Midtown Family though since I grew up in that hood. I heard that School Yard Crip used to be Midtown Family Bloods but didn't know anything else beyond that.

I know that hood turned Westside Crip in the 70s then School Yard Crip in the early 80s.

Was Midtown Family really Bloods?

Did they get pushed out by Crips, or did they just flip to the Crip card?

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 8th, 2017, 12:46 am

According to Madd Ronald many of SYC's were Midtown Families. It's not far fetched for that to happen, especially in the early 70's. But even today individual gang members may switch from one to the other.

Sinista
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: West Palm Beach

Unread post by Sinista » May 13th, 2017, 7:36 pm

THE ORIENTALS?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 14th, 2017, 7:55 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:According to Madd Ronald many of SYC's were Midtown Families. It's not far fetched for that to happen, especially in the early 70's. But even today individual gang members may switch from one to the other.
Saw one of his interviews. His knowledge on the gang politics of the area (Mid City, West Adams, Jefferson Park) is impeccable.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 17th, 2017, 7:30 pm

Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » May 18th, 2017, 4:02 am

ViciousRidah wrote:Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?
To my understanding.... their different gangs from different areas. The Slausons were fading out by the time the Avenues was starting up.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 21st, 2017, 1:33 am

[quote="ViciousRidah"]Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?[/quote]

The Avenues and the Slausons were two very different gangs. The Slausons simply predate most and almost all known black gangs today. The Slausons were known as a mega gang. To get the proper territory borders I had to read multiple books, and listen to multiple interviews. I was able to get the North South borders from an interview, and East West borders from a book which as actually concerning Black Panthers L.A. chapter.

GrowSum77
What city do you live in now?: Lake Elsinore

Unread post by GrowSum77 » November 17th, 2017, 10:27 pm

[quote="LionTheOracle"][quote="ViciousRidah"]Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?[/quote]

The Avenues and the Slausons were two very different gangs. The Slausons simply predate most and almost all known black gangs today. The Slausons were known as a mega gang. To get the proper territory borders I had to read multiple books, and listen to multiple interviews. I was able to get the North South borders from an interview, and East West borders from a book which as actually concerning Black Panthers L.A. chapter.[/quote]

Did the Slausons turn into RSC? or Avenues I guess cuz avenues came before crippin. What'd The Aves turned into???
And that map looks barren. Good work on it though from what you've gathered. I expected to see more gangs on it in the 60s

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » November 28th, 2017, 2:06 pm

[quote="GrowSum77"][quote="LionTheOracle"][quote="ViciousRidah"]Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?[/quote]

The Avenues and the Slausons were two very different gangs. The Slausons simply predate most and almost all known black gangs today. The Slausons were known as a mega gang. To get the proper territory borders I had to read multiple books, and listen to multiple interviews. I was able to get the North South borders from an interview, and East West borders from a book which as actually concerning Black Panthers L.A. chapter.[/quote]

Did the Slausons turn into RSC? or Avenues I guess cuz avenues came before crippin. What'd The Aves turned into???
And that map looks barren. Good work on it though from what you've gathered. I expected to see more gangs on it in the 60s[/quote]

No the Slausons were on the East Side, worlds away from the 60's,

The Avenues turned into the Kitchen Crips. Now don't quote me on this but other OG's have said in their interviews. And it makes sense given the location is right on top of each other.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » November 28th, 2017, 2:06 pm

[quote="GrowSum77"][quote="LionTheOracle"][quote="ViciousRidah"]Whats the difference between The Avenues and Slaussons?[/quote]

And that map looks barren. Good work on it though from what you've gathered. I expected to see more gangs on it in the 60s[/quote]

No the Slausons were on the East Side, worlds away from the 60's,

The Avenues turned into the Kitchen Crips. Now don't quote me on this but other OG's have said in their interviews. And it makes sense given the location is right on top of each other.