Figuora Boys / 77th St. Boys (Swans)

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Figuora Boys / 77th St. Boys (Swans)

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 24th, 2017, 9:37 pm

I wanted give this gang it's own thread because it naturally becomes one of the most important aspects of early Crip history.

The Figuora Boys or 77th St. Boys predate the Crips by at least 1 to 2 years. And to understand its importance one has to consider the territory.

1: Figuora Boys / 77th St. Boys began on the corner of 77th St. and Broadway. The Myles family was very large family that occupied and entire apartment complex that still exists.

2: Richard Myles although one of the younger brothers lead a gang supported by older family while he was only 12 - 13 years old.

3: A.C. Moses spends a very long time explaining his relationship with this family because it's the key reason he left the Crips. He could not with a clear conscious go to war with one of his best friends so tight they simply identified as cousins, so he moved to Piru St.

4: The Myles family also moved to Figueroa st. which naturally expanded their influence.

5: As the Crips grew in number as 12 and 13 year old children they impended on their territory which was naturally from Figueroa st. to Main street. From 79th to 77th... The Crips at this time spread from Manchester to Florence (later 67th) and Broadway to Main. This caused the Myles family to react in aggression and attempt to intimidate the Crips. Although the Myles family had way older guys than the Crips pushing into 20's this wasnt enough to scare the Crips away.

6: Tookie Later remarks that they caught up with and shot RM (Richard Myles) several times ending their gang as an immediate threat. (See Redemption)

7: A.C. Moses remarks that a new gang rose up in their place called the Swans pushing Crips out their original neighborhood in key members absence. Raymond Washington could no longer go over there.

8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgGQpfZwwdM <<< Kev Mac interviews key members the First Generation Swans / Main Street Bloods where the Myles Family was present according to members.

9: There are other conversations here which I can mark that include User: Sphinx

""I know for a fact, a swans moved on Raymond street in the middle 70s. Plus 79 st Swans is right down the street. Alot of the first generation crips Little brothers didn't follow their foot steps. Swans never liked the Crips. Swans fought for alot of that area."

"Originally, MSS, & MSB stood for Main Street Swans and Main Street Swans Blood and/or Main Street Bloods. They considered themselves West Side Swans also. The East Side Swans or ESS Were the Mad Swans. Subtlety, WS Swans felt they had more of a say so and better than the ESS because they were the originals and didn't have a Crip past. Don't get me wrong, not all felt that way. But there was those. In my opinion the ESS Were more front lining than the WS MSB or MSS. Various reasons. They had to prove themselves, plus you had different Crip sets trying revert them or that that area back to Crip hood. But ESS stood their ground. In the early 80s is when The ESS started pushing MSB Mad Swans Blood. And everybody else got on board. This move brought MSB together as one."

LionTheOracle

Re: Figuora Boys / 77th St. Boys (Swans)

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Forget I wanted to add

"Thomas Lillard, Robert Blake, and "Big Chest Larry" were no longer with the original Crips. The area by freemont High School where the original Crips once claimed, was no more. Thomas, Robert, and Larry created a new gang called the "Swans" Raymond Washington was no longer welcomed in that neighborhood at all" - A.C. Moses

Big Chest Larry is always mentioned as one of first 15 Crips by A.C. Moses.

Also he talks about Swans as Kev Mac prompts the question at

4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z9SIK7PwPI&t=1s

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 26th, 2017, 9:22 pm

that make sense the og figueroa boys a gang of em went swans that make all sense crip were actually wanna be avenues they came from more east and ac was livin in the 77st boy hood and was cool with until his lil crew start hangin in their shit trhowin partys they pretended to be baby avenue to keep the bigger generation from totally bully them thinkin they might bring the munson's butcher and all av on their ass but i guess the lie didnt last and them big 77 boys start to invade their lil functions than they start shooting and stabbing i mean ac talked about a big 77 who got shot on his belly by a shotgun and a stabbing the next day well we can say the 77st boys were crips first enemigo and i can understand why ac moved away to piru cause he would probably be here to talk abut it today ...ac was livin there and his ''homies'' came a shot the shit out lololol

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 26th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Indeed, they were one of the original rivals to the Crips beside the Broadway gang. To think these were 12 and 13 year old kids. You had to have a lot of nerve to push that line at that age with no backup. Their parents lost all control of those children.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 27th, 2017, 12:18 am

well the whole story is about that ...they was beefin with hoods who had big homies pretending to have big homies also ..but in reality if they had big homies they wouldnt have acted the way they did like shooting older generation stabbing inventing a new style by shaving their head while others was tryin to look like their big generation they broke all codes ethic street rules generation codes and became crips we know today

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 27th, 2017, 8:00 am

A.C. remarks that this is how the Swans popped up.

Thomas Lillard had an older brother from the Avenues who didn't like that this younger brother was running under Raymond Washington who he felt was a poser, so eventually Thomas and a few other originals stopped following Raymonds say and Pushed the Swans line.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 27th, 2017, 8:52 am

oh and what about that 77st boy from miles fam who was gay and nobdoy was trippin over that i heard ac sayin that somewere couldnt remember were ?

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 27th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Sounds like you referring to Richard Myles brother Bebe who was a crossdresser I'm not sure if he was gay. A.C. said he was a gangsta too. Not sure he became a Swan later or moved to Pomona with RM.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2017, 1:49 am

cross dress is a expression of gayness who would dress like a chicc while being str8???amazing such a guy could hav a pass

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 28th, 2017, 12:41 pm

haha "gayness".

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2017, 11:10 pm

lol lion as u saw im not an english scolar so write like i talk and sometime it goes out funny lol hope you can read my posts lolol

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » October 2nd, 2017, 5:38 pm

"fool I'm an OG we started the 79 Swans on Stanford in 77"

Saw this randomly on Toon's StreetGang interview. I believe he's an OG because he didn't know how to use the reply button correctly as it was a response to a totally unrelated post.