Gangs in and around the Jordan Downs in the 80’s

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
droopdog7

Gangs in and around the Jordan Downs in the 80’s

Unread post by droopdog7 » June 25th, 2018, 8:18 pm

So Grape Street’s been the dominant gang in the JD’s for a while now. But when I was growing up near there in the 80’s, there were actually three active gangs there, plus, another one on my street (that I was affiliate with). The gang outside the projects 97 and Juniper St was called Watts Hustler Crip (WHC) and the young ones were called Watts Baby Hustlers (WBH). This gang was short lived and died out after about five years.

In the JD’s, there was a gang called the Spoonie Gees (which I can only assume we’re named after the rapper). Used to know a guy named Soggy that would hang around. There was another gang called Playboy Hoo Rides (PBHR), which were led by a guy named Piggy that lived two houses down from me. This dude was scary as hell but he had bunch of guys following him and basically doing anything he asked them to do. Had at least three brothers (bird man, red, and denard) that we’re all swoll as hell.

Not sure was happened to the Spoonie Gees but PBHR pretty much ended when Piggy was murdered.

xjew4ux
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: compton

Re: Gangs in and around the Jordan Downs in the 80’s

Unread post by xjew4ux » July 5th, 2018, 7:42 pm

i seen WBH hitups in a alley in compton 10 years ago ...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Gangs in and around the Jordan Downs in the 80’s

Unread post by bgcasper » July 10th, 2018, 5:19 am

yeaah playboy hooride do ring bells that gang was located were in the jd ???on the north part ?also the hustlers there was a 115 hustler set inside nickerson garden in the 80's according to og frog they even beefed bounty hunters vs hustlers