Kody "Big Monster" Scott, Is his book authentic, real?

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Kody "Big Monster" Scott, Is his book authentic, real?

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 23rd, 2006, 12:58 pm

I just copped his book yestorday and I'm on like page 167 so far, this nigga sound like he on some superman type shit, was this nigga really that crucial as he makes himself out to be in that book or is he putting extras on it like most niggaz would?

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Monster Kody

Unread post by dutch » September 24th, 2006, 2:11 am

MIDTOWN wrote:I just copped his book yestorday and I'm on like page 167 so far, this nigga sound like he on some superman type shit, was this nigga really that crucial as he makes himself out to be in that book or is he putting extras on it like most niggaz would?
Then you got to read Inside the Crips about Colton Simpson.It's almost the same as the Monster book.And a few pages is also about Monster Kody.If Monster was fake buster i think Colton would have said it in his book,but he doesn't.Colton's set are allies with the Rollin 60,the enemy of Monster Kody.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 24th, 2006, 10:05 am

The message that you SHOULD be looking for from the book is not whether he was SuperBanger or not. Look for the fact that, after years and years of killing and maiming other young black men, the reality of just how stupid all that shit was hit him while he was sitting behind bars.

There was a documentary that was on A&E a year or so after the book came out that feature Lil Monster (Kody was locked up). When him and his homeboy went to see Kody, he told them about the futility that they bad been bangin' for a block that "they didn't own a brick on". How crazy is that?

All said, the book is and interesting read, but you can get the message that you want to get from it. That all depends on you. Either you wanna take it as an example on how to wreak havoc on the black community or how somebody (at least at one point in his life) realized the error of his ways, even if he has since fallen victim to another plague that we as black men face. GENOCIDE is a muthafucker!!!

BTW, when I say "you" I don't mean you literally, just a reader in general, so no need to take my comments personally.

fartherwest
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fartherwest » November 2nd, 2006, 10:20 am

3rd shut up

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 2nd, 2006, 10:32 am

fartherwest wrote:3rd shut up
You responding to me, homie??? I just got finished sending you a RIP the other day for you homeboy that got killed outside of Ralph's on Monday night. And you gon' come back at me like that???

What's gon' be the turning point where you say, "Damn, I guess this shit wasn't worth it?" When you in jail for being on one end of the gun??? Or dead from being on the other end???

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 2nd, 2006, 12:36 pm

creativemind wrote:What's gon' be the turning point where you say, "Damn, I guess this shit wasn't worth it?" When you in jail for being on one end of the gun??? Or dead from being on the other end???
Some people can't wait to work for Arnold.
Inmates receive wages of $.30 to $.95 per hour before deductions.
http://www.pia.ca.gov/pia_know.html

Addicted to chaos and stupidity has become fashionable.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » November 2nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

Cake^

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 2nd, 2006, 2:30 pm

Common Sense wrote:
creativemind wrote:What's gon' be the turning point where you say, "Damn, I guess this shit wasn't worth it?" When you in jail for being on one end of the gun??? Or dead from being on the other end???

I gotta give homeboy his props. He hollered at me, and we squashed that shit on the PM.

Like you said though, the craziest shit has become trendy. Hopefully brothers take heed to what awaits them on that path.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » November 4th, 2006, 9:27 pm

creativemind wrote:
Common Sense wrote:

I gotta give homeboy his props. He hollered at me, and we squashed that shit on the PM.

Like you said though, the craziest shit has become trendy. Hopefully brothers take heed to what awaits them on that path.
And you all understand Arnold and his rich buddies don't care, just as long as you all keep on helping him make their money off the prison labor.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 4th, 2006, 11:07 pm

That's real. The chaos that grips the kids today is far from an accident.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » November 19th, 2006, 9:39 am

Here is a interview with Monster Kody.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Kody "Big Monster" Scott, Is his book authentic, real?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 3rd, 2017, 4:28 pm

The only issue I have with the book is the chopping arm incident, supposedly Jay Blade got his arms chopped, but an OG told me that Jay Blade was killed in the Pueblos and Monster never mentioned it. SO what really happened?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 4th, 2017, 7:13 am

I said this somewhere else and ill say it again. I read his book a long time ago and it was a very good read. He is a skilled writer and very smart, no doubt about that.
And thats the point. Besides the things that are publicly known and/or that he got already convicted of, he will have changed up just about every incident in the book so much, that it would possibly not become a legal issue for him. So the arm chopping incident very likely did not take place like that, it could easily be traced back to him.
Maybe a different victim, different gang, different time, different place, different limb, whatever. Could be anything.

Btw. There was this GQ article about a top class informant in the Rolling 60s. Monster Kody said himself that his brother has been an informant for a very long time, maybe that article was actually about his little brother? (They said it was based on a real person, only names and all incidents were changed up). Would make sense, since he would actually have access to a lot of inside information.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 6th, 2017, 12:14 am

Sentenza wrote:I said this somewhere else and ill say it again. I read his book a long time ago and it was a very good read. He is a skilled writer and very smart, no doubt about that.
And thats the point. Besides the things that are publicly known and/or that he got already convicted of, he will have changed up just about every incident in the book so much, that it would possibly not become a legal issue for him. So the arm chopping incident very likely did not take place like that, it could easily be traced back to him.
Maybe a different victim, different gang, different time, different place, different limb, whatever. Could be anything.

Btw. There was this GQ article about a top class informant in the Rolling 60s. Monster Kody said himself that his brother has been an informant for a very long time, maybe that article was actually about his little brother? (They said it was based on a real person, only names and all incidents were changed up). Would make sense, since he would actually have access to a lot of inside information.
If the case is still open, then I understand changing the names, the dates etc, but he wrote about bringing an arm to the hood, and they was celebrating with the arm .Just wondering if these specifics he mentioned actually occurred. I is possible that someone's arms were cut, but still I have more questions about it. He is one great writer. Initially I didnt think he wrote the book, but after talking with him on multiple occasions, he is extremely smart and articulate.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 6th, 2017, 5:46 am

alexalonso wrote: If the case is still open, then I understand changing the names, the dates etc, but he wrote about bringing an arm to the hood, and they was celebrating with the arm .Just wondering if these specifics he mentioned actually occurred. I is possible that someone's arms were cut, but still I have more questions about it. He is one great writer. Initially I didnt think he wrote the book, but after talking with him on multiple occasions, he is extremely smart and articulate.
Did you ever ask him about the incident? I dont know what the laws are over there, but how long does it take until a case like that gets closed?
I suppose in 1993, when the book was published it had to be open still. I am sure he changed up pretty much everything.
Also the murders or attempted murders he admitted to in the book. He must have changed up everything about that.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » April 6th, 2017, 10:17 am

Didn't someone ( Kev Mac I think) say the book was mainly true but the arm chopping incident definitely did not happen?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 6th, 2017, 2:27 pm

dinky wrote:Didn't someone ( Kev Mac I think) say the book was mainly true but the arm chopping incident definitely did not happen?
I really do wonder anyways how he ditched murder/attempted murder cases in connection with his book. Off the top of my head i can remember 3 instances in the book where he mentioned shooting somebody and there were probably more, i just havent read it in ages.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 6th, 2017, 5:59 pm

well big u confirmed the rollin avenu story and a women got interview by alex over that story and she said it was true and cryed ...i respect kev but wonder on what ground he contredict 2 people that was there at that time ?