Monster Kody arrested in Los Angeles

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
*deepsky*
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Monster Kody arrested in Los Angeles

Unread post by *deepsky* » July 23rd, 2004, 7:43 pm

San Jose Mercury News - Jul 17 3:39 PM

Associated Press

" LOS ANGELES - The author of a 1993 autobiography about his life as a gangster in South-Central Los Angeles was arrested for investigation of pushing a police officer during a search of a suspected drug house.

Kody Scott, 40, remained in jail Saturday for an alleged parole violation and alleged battery with great bodily injury. No bail was allowed, according to jail records.

Scott was wanted on a warrant for failing to check in with his parole officer, police said.

Police were called Friday by neighbors of a home on West 76th Street who suspected drug activity.

As officers arrived at the front of the home, they saw Scott run out the back, Capt. Sergio Diaz said.

Officer Juan Cruz, 52, and his partner caught Scott in the back yard, but he allegedly pushed Cruz to the ground and ran away, Diaz said. He went to a home around the corner, knocked and went inside when an elderly man opened the door.

Scott surrendered after a brief standoff and the elderly man was unharmed, Diaz said.

Scott wrote the memoir "Monster: The Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member" in his cell at Pelican Bay State Prison while serving a sentence for assault and robbery. The book described his transformation from a savage criminal to a self-styled political activist."

The book chronicled murders, drugs, stabbings, robberies and alcoholism. Excerpts from it were printed in "Esquire" magazine and Scott said he bought a home in Riverside County for his wife and child with the advance he received.

As a member of the Crips gang, Scott called himself "O.G." - original gangster. He got his nickname from a police officer, who after viewing the kicked-in face of a Scott victim, said only "a monster" could have done it.

Scott was paroled in 1995, but was returned to prison for parole violations in 1996, 1997, and 1998. He was sent to prison again in 2000 after being convicted of resisting an officer, according to state prison records.

Scott was paroled the next year, but convicted of possessing a controlled substance and returned to prison. He was released in March.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Re: MONSTA KODY SCOTT ARESTED!!!San Jose Mercury News - Jul

Unread post by LcBwC » July 26th, 2004, 9:22 am

the dude always going to have the gangsta mind frame. They act like jail gonna change him...

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » July 26th, 2004, 9:55 am

I read this guys book, saw him interviewed in War Stories.

You can look in this guy's eyes and tell he's a killer.

40 years old and still screwing up his life. After all he's been through you'd think he would be smarter and take it in stride.

I guess He'll be a gangster until he dies.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » July 30th, 2004, 12:41 am

Everyone has a job on earth. Everyone is an example. You are either a good example or a bad example. This guy is what he is. Its a good fit for him. He is not nearly as intelligent as he tries to come off. He is full of rage and anger and has total contempt for society. Its too bad, but like I said, everyone has a job. Strike 3 is prolly right around the corner...

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » August 1st, 2004, 12:51 pm

Hopefully he can turn his life around for the better.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » September 2nd, 2004, 9:08 pm

Man, I thought Monster Kody was through with all that. I wonder is he still down with the African Indepence Movement. Reading this article it don't look like it.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » September 3rd, 2004, 12:18 am

Seem like that $800,000? he said he got from writing that book is gone.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 3rd, 2004, 10:32 am

This was posted up before on the site when it happened.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 17th, 2004, 10:15 pm

WHERE IS THAT FAKE FAG AT? TALKIN ABOUT "ETGCMONSTERETGC" AS A USER NAME...FOOL HAD ME GOIN FOR AWHILE

over it
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by over it » September 20th, 2004, 9:38 pm

jail house mentaility

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » April 20th, 2005, 2:01 pm

YEA HOMIE IS DOWN FOR HIS CAUSE BUT I CANT B MAD AT HIM HE STANDS BY HIS WORD I CAN RESPECT THAT.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 3rd, 2005, 2:07 pm

i think Cody is a cool cat. He has been institutionalized and it is hard for him to adapt to civilian ways. If he was a cold killer, he would have been sentenced to life already. He is always getting 1 - 3 year violations, which are easy to get. If you miss a meeting, 1 years in prison, if you drive without a DL, 2 years in prison, so he will probably never adapt and keep doing 1 - 3 year sentences in prison for the next 10 - 15 years. I hope he can get back on track.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » August 18th, 2005, 5:53 pm

alonso wrote:i think Cody is a cool cat. He has been institutionalized and it is hard for him to adapt to civilian ways. If he was a cold killer, he would have been sentenced to life already. He is always getting 1 - 3 year violations, which are easy to get. If you miss a meeting, 1 years in prison, if you drive without a DL, 2 years in prison, so he will probably never adapt and keep doing 1 - 3 year sentences in prison for the next 10 - 15 years. I hope he can get back on track.
I just came across his name in another gang book.
"Monster Kody beat a rollin sixties unconscious..."
That came from a writer talking about doin time around 85 when he was in county.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » November 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am

was it Lil C Locc's book??? R30 OHC???

D_LoC
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by D_LoC » April 7th, 2006, 2:12 am

yeah lil cee loC was from harlem hood, the nine

exsdustynig
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by exsdustynig » April 25th, 2006, 12:03 am

damn monster got 800,000 for writin that book maybe i should write a book bought my life

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Kody Scott arrested

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 8th, 2007, 2:46 pm

One Of LAPD's 'Most Wanted' Gang Members Arrested

POSTED: 11:18 am PST March 8, 2007
UPDATED: 11:27 am PST March 8, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

LOS ANGELES -- An author who claims to have shunned gang life but was still designated one of the LAPD's 10 "Most Wanted" gang members was in custody Thursday, authorities said.

Kody DeJohn Scott, also known as "Monster Cody," was arrested on suspicion of burglary, despite claims that he rejected his life in a South Los Angeles gang and converted to Islam.

The details of Scott's arrest were not immediately available. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Los Angeles Police Department Chief William Bratton were scheduled to discuss the case during a City Hall news conference Thursday afternoon.

Scott chronicled his life as a member of the 8-Trey Crips in a book that sold more than 100,000 copies. More recently, he wrote a manuscript for a novel that Atlantic Monthly Press agreed to publish.

Film director Antoine Fuqua was also working to bring Scott's story to life in the movies.

Scott's arrest marks the third "most wanted" gang member taken into custody in recent weeks.

On Friday, Steve Garcia -- also known as "Loco Steve" or "Big Steve" -- was arrested in Mexico for allegedly fatally shooting Kenneth Landon during a fight at a Motel 6 in Sylmar on Feb. 12, 2001. He was handed over to the U.S. Marshal's office.

On Feb. 21, Angel Zevallos was arrested in Guatemala during an unrelated kidnapping investigation. Zevallos, an 18th Street gang member, allegedly shot and wounded a security guard at the Buddha Bar in Hollywood on Feb. 9, 2006.

Following his arrest, Zevallos was deported to Texas, and detectives from the LAPD's Hollywood Division picked him up last week.

The LAPD's "Most Wanted" list of gang members was released Feb. 8 in connection with the announcement of a series of proposals to combat gangs by Villaraigosa and Bratton. Each time a gang member on the list is caught, another will replace him.

The City Council approved $50,000 rewards last month for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the LAPD's "Most Wanted" gang members.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/11203734/detail.html

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » March 8th, 2007, 6:46 pm

With his record, if he beats this, the CDC ain't giving him any more chances!

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 9th, 2007, 3:40 am

L Grindin wrote:With his record, if he beats this, the CDC ain't giving him any more chances!
Ya think?

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » March 9th, 2007, 10:59 am

Amazing.

Guy had a leg up after is book in the 90s., made some money.
Coulda done something positive.

He screwed that chance up.
Since then he's been running around continuing his petty crimes in his neighborhood.

Don't feel sorry for this guy. He had his chance and blew it. I remember watching him on "war stories" interviewed.
He came across stupid then and has continued his stupidity.

A truly Sociopathic Human being.
Send him Back to Pelican bay.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 10th, 2007, 12:30 am

Well, they can't say he invented the Crips. They already used that one on Tookie.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 10th, 2007, 12:36 am

willihen wrote:A truly Sociopathic Human being.
Send him Back to Pelican bay.
Seriously, what would that accomplish?

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 10th, 2007, 2:07 pm

does anyone know if this will be his 3rd strike ??

DK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DK » March 12th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Don't be so quick to believe all that BS in the media. The LAPD will lie their asses off to get influential people out of the community where they can do good. The man was trying to do good, but you see in their eyes we can NEVER been good and if we try to preach to the young kids about not joining gangs and how there are other opportunitues out there, they will find some made up reason to try to lock us up so that the cycle of violence will continue.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » March 12th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Don't be so quick to believe all that BS in the media. The LAPD will lie their asses off to get influential people out of the community where they can do good. The man was trying to do good, but you see in their eyes we can NEVER been good and if we try to preach to the young kids about not joining gangs and how there are other opportunitues out there, they will find some made up reason to try to lock us up so that the cycle of violence will continue.
u right 'bout that because u got niggaz that do worse then steal a friends car and dont make the news let alone have money over they head because of it

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 12th, 2007, 11:31 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:does anyone know if this will be his 3rd strike ??
Not a clue

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » March 13th, 2007, 7:08 am

this a suprise? monster kody already told ya guys in his book, Cant Stop Wont Stop.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 13th, 2007, 10:25 am

Sounds like a fix up ting to me - seems like authorities on LA sides just cant bear the idea of a rehabilitated, intelligent ex-gangmember - looks like they want to slam down even those who have found a redemption on some kind of principle - the message of the LA authorities is simple, that there ain't a chance of redemption and even if you've left the life for good, they going to chase you down and bust you anyways, to show the little youts coming up that gang life is deadend forever amen. But, the authorities have got it twisted. My take is this - what the fucc would the man want to burgle for? Nah, I don't buy it.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » March 13th, 2007, 11:18 am

And why is a car thief on a list of most wanted gangsters.I mean the other guys are murderers and so on.If it was a organisation of some sort and he was the leader of this car ring whatever.But he stole/borrowed a car of a friend.Yeah he is a menace to society.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » March 13th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Noog wrote:seems like authorities on LA sides just cant bear the idea of a rehabilitated, intelligent ex-gangmember
^^Real truth there.........

This goes for any reformed criminal (in particular Black) unless they are making him/her their project reform puppet....
Noog wrote:But, the authorities have got it twisted. My take is this - what the mess would the man want to burgle for? Nah, I don't buy it.
Cocaine is a helluva drug..........

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » March 13th, 2007, 7:34 pm

DK wrote:Don't be so quick to believe all that BS in the media. The LAPD will lie their asses off to get influential people out of the community where they can do good. The man was trying to do good, but you see in their eyes we can NEVER been good and if we try to preach to the young kids about not joining gangs and how there are other opportunitues out there, they will find some made up reason to try to lock us up so that the cycle of violence will continue.
Was he preaching to youngsters about not joining gangs on War Stories? I remember seeing him hitting people up on the street and braggin about being Monster from ETG.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 14th, 2007, 8:48 pm

stamps wrote:
DK wrote:Don't be so quick to believe all that BS in the media. The LAPD will lie their asses off to get influential people out of the community where they can do good. The man was trying to do good, but you see in their eyes we can NEVER been good and if we try to preach to the young kids about not joining gangs and how there are other opportunitues out there, they will find some made up reason to try to lock us up so that the cycle of violence will continue.
Was he preaching to youngsters about not joining gangs on War Stories? I remember seeing him hitting people up on the street and braggin about being Monster from ETG.
Entertainment.